Author Topic: more and more ideas... maybe i should make a con?  (Read 7625 times)

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.shinjinrui.cjb.net
more and more ideas... maybe i should make a con?
« on: October 03, 2005, 05:09:00 am »
okay... so i've spent like this last month on an epic thought-quest to figure out what i should do with this money my friend is giving me (that whole 500,000 dollars thing... i feel like its getting old but...)

anyways i was talking to the head of sakura con security a while back about making...

(i wasnt ready for this, and most likely neither are you)

..about making 'tenta-con' an anime conventon all about hentai, sex, and general pervyness. just typing this makes me feel dirty, because im kinda like the main charicters in most animes, sex doesnt cross my mind unless its for some sort of comical spectical... anyways, as much as i hate the idea of it. and adult convetion might be kinda cool (Oh gawd i hate myself for saying that (*twitch*)) even though i tottaly would'nt go...

but then the idea of just making a convention came to my mind... so i got to wondering... and i was hoping someone here would know the answer...

"how much does it cost to make an con like kumori con?"

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 07:24:07 am »
Not many of the staff check the forums regularly but I can just about guarantee you that if you want to start Tenta-con as a hentai and ecchi-based convention, you would have a ton of support from a lot of of the people on Kumoricon staff (and probably Sakuracon people too). My girlfriend dressed up as Imari from Bible Black at last year's Kumoricon, and (I think) she claims to have coined the name, Tenta-con, that's how excited about it she is.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 12:03:36 am »
hehe black bible lol yeah man make it it woud be fun! b^^d! and for price i dont know
its  alot of work but i think you can do it!
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 02:55:39 am »
I'd go! But',, I can't really afford more than one con a year right now. But I'll spread to word to my hentai loving friends, and see if they'd go too. k?

A con in general would be awesome, but alas, I know plenty of other congoers that are as broke as I am. lol

:D

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 05:01:03 pm »
Anime convention kewl....Hentai convention...you have fun with that. I'll join you in a few years. ^^;;

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Menchi

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~kaleide
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 01:44:54 pm »
If you don't end up doing that, and need more ideas.. there's a game being made, which is really awesome so far, called Exodus: Faded Spirits, and so far, they've been collecting all their funding by themselves. You could always help them out. XDD

*stops random promoting*

Offline tohru_chan

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/sakuyaslilbird
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 01:58:24 pm »
That would be so cool to make another con. Sadly, I'd totally go to the hentai con or some smutty con :D I'm a smutt addict. It rocks. Kaikan Phrase being my fav smutt and all. Mayu Shinjo could totally be a guest there. YAY! It would be fun to start a con for your video game too :D or something like that.
In this world of people who deserve to die, there are a lot. But when you kill someone, you have to be prepared to be killed too, because this is what the law of karma says. In the end, the ones who survive are those with the strongest will to live.

Offline Keyta-Kun

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 05:32:55 pm »
...hentai convention? ...Just imagine the "things" you could learn there...  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: I'd go!!! XD XD Just think of the bragging rights you would have! ! "Yeah I went to an adult anime con!!" XD XD WHOOT SMUTT RULES!!! XD XD And you young ones tell not your parents about the content kay? *smile smile*
Do you know who I think I am?

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 09:53:33 am »
Quote from: "Menchi"
If you don't end up doing that, and need more ideas.. there's a game being made, which is really awesome so far, called Exodus: Faded Spirits, and so far, they've been collecting all their funding by themselves. You could always help them out. XDD

*stops random promoting*

Is that Ron's game? I wanna see more about it!! I wanna help! funding, promoting, cosplaying..XDDD
Just cause it's cool sounding. XD

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 11:16:30 am »
Quote from: "yukimizu"
Quote from: "Menchi"

*stops random promoting*

Is that Ron's game? I wanna see more about it!! I wanna help! funding, promoting, cosplaying..XDDD
Just cause it's cool sounding. XD

VISIT THE WEBSITE!
JOIN THE FORUMS!
www.ronime.net
;)

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 09:19:23 pm »
INDEED! :bookmarks both:
I wanna cosplay Anice now. ^^;;

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 09:28:29 pm »
Quote from: "yukimizu"
INDEED! :bookmarks both:
I wanna cosplay Anice now. ^^;;

-crazy pose- DOO EETTT!
;) I'm cosplaying from Exodus too. x_x I need to loose weight though. But that's already a goal so... ;D Yep. -huggles-
TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT IT. :D

Offline eerielunarose

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/eerielunarose/
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 03:24:19 am »
Exodus: Faded Spirits rules. These guys have SO many great ideas for that game. Things gamers WANT in an rpg. They've made -me- a believer.

And I gotta say, if you want to make something that -everyone- can enjoy regardless of age, or location... dude, make a video game. Besides, it's the fastest growing industry and the richest... and hell, it would immortalize you. There would be -something- actually -left- long after the fact, something you woudl have put your name to having helped create, something which could be enjoyed by its fans over and over again forever.

But, between the gamer and the conophile... such hard choices we make.
Eerie Lunarose
Electronics Clerk (Beware my Register-fu!)
One Hour Photo Guru
Fully Fueled by Coffee

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
hmm
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 03:51:06 am »
Quote from: "eerielunarose"
Exodus: Faded Spirits rules. These guys have SO many great ideas for that game. Things gamers WANT in an rpg. They've made -me- a believer.

And I gotta say, if you want to make something that -everyone- can enjoy regardless of age, or location... dude, make a video game. Besides, it's the fastest growing industry and the richest... and hell, it would immortalize you. There would be -something- actually -left- long after the fact, something you woudl have put your name to having helped create, something which could be enjoyed by its fans over and over again forever.

But, between the gamer and the conophile... such hard choices we make.

Or... rasetsutaisho could combine both ideas! Make a video game featuring some nubile young lass trying to dodge tentacles. At the end of each stage, all the otaku vie for her attentions by trying to outdo each other's yaoi exploits. And at the very end the heroine is carried off into the sunset by the "winners" from each stage, for an omake ecchifest.

Then tour the country selling the video game at conventions.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 11:21:22 am »
Hate to say it guys, but I'm not sure this is entirely appropriate.

random, if you're interesting in what it takes to run Kumoricon (money, staff, etc), please don't hesitate to come to a general meeting and talk with one of the directors of AN (AltoNimbus Entertainment).

The idea for an adult oriented (not necessarily hentai) convention has been swimming around the heads of members of ANCEA and AN for a while now.  ANCEA would have serious issues doing it being family oriented, and AN hasn't had the funding or (wo)man power.  

As for the forums, try to keep it PG->PG-13... we have to way of implementing age restrictions on certain threads.  

Thanks!
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 11:33:19 am »
speaking of making games, rpg maker 3(PS2) and rpg maker XP have been offically released in the US for those interested.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline eerielunarose

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/eerielunarose/
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 12:13:20 pm »
Yeah! I've seen RPG Maker 3 at the game stores... but I wonder where I can get hold of the XP version?

And back to the topic, what I said earlier was serious- my suggestion would be, whether it's a con or a video game or a shop or a cosplay TV show, make something both young and old can enjoy. It's more fun if everyone can be involved.

And that way you can do a lot, rasetsutaisho, to make sure that anime gets passed on to the next generation of potential otaku, so that it never dies but stays on and on and on!

*such a dreamer*

(Exodus: Faded Spirits is totally awesome! Talk to Ronime!)
Eerie Lunarose
Electronics Clerk (Beware my Register-fu!)
One Hour Photo Guru
Fully Fueled by Coffee

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 12:28:29 pm »
Wow, much support i'm getting @_@ Thanks everyone! Yea, it would be great to get some funding for the game, cut the time down in half to release ^^ Also, about the RPG maker XP, i'm actually using it to make some PSP minigames based on the full game, its nice, you have to do a bit more coding to get specific battle systems, but it looks much better and overall awesome @_@ Its nice to actually own it XD

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/

there ya go! have fun, and again, thanks for trying to support and all XD such loyal fans ;_;
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 05:29:26 pm »
Hee hee, our fans are the best ^_^ *hugs menchi, eerielunarose, neko, and yukimizu*

Funding would be sooooo helpful, especially since we've all been funding it ourselves when we're all still in school @_@ Developer kits are never cheap, and it looks like the PS3 will be no exception...

Thanks again to all our fans for your support ^_^ You guys are the reason we do this!
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 09:24:10 pm »
is there a paypal or something I can donate to?
I'll double check the site, but I'm kinda braindead at times so I miss stuff.
 :oops:  :oops:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 11:10:23 pm »
RAAWWRR!
:) I have some extra cash beacuse my allowance is like 10 bucks a week plus money for school lunch. And sometimes I don't eat at lunch.
So I'll give Ron some moolah. ^^;; Sorry if it's not much... probably around... 35-40 bucks or soo...
Plus I'm selling the posters that I still have. :)

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 11:44:32 pm »
Really :shock: ? Wow... Any bit is greatly appreciated!

We're looking into setting up a paypal account specific for Exodus. Until then... Probably the best place paypal address to send donations would be ronime@ronime.net Just make sure you mark it in the email subject or the note that its a donation for Exodus.

Thanks soooooo much you guys ^_^ *hugs* I'll see if we can get you into the "Special thanks to: " section of the credits for your donations once we get to that stage of programming, so include what name you want to be referred to for it :wink:
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 09:53:18 pm »
What age restriction would you be putting on that convention? 18 and older, 20 and older, or 21 and older or something like that?

*quietly roots for 18 and older*

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Kendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/AirsoftWallabee
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2005, 07:49:24 pm »
Yeah...I'd love to go to a hentai convention. Just think of all the new cosplaying ideas...that people would actually recognize...Koihime anyone?
Saturday, Monday Cosplay: Karen-Soul Link
Sunday Cosplay:"Save Point" Moogle-FFIX