Author Topic: How on Earth do I make White lenses I can see through?!  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Ok I am working on one of the last pieces of my Mr. Popo cosplay and it is easily the one I have spent the most time tinkering with. The eyes! Originally considered doing just make-up, but I wanted the big rounded eye effect. So I started with some small glass circles I had that were around the right size and I used markers, and nail polish, and even considered fabrics. The best I got was with the nail polish. There they are in my pic lookin pretty Popo-esqe, but I didn't want to have to build a frame to hold them on my face and things were pretty blurry. Then I tried some acrylic opaque sheeting which was far blurrier than the nail polish. Lastly I was just gonna give up and paint a pair of round frame glasses and use them only during photos with the make-up on underneath. Most recently I have been looking into translucent/transparent stained glass paints or frosting techniques.

I like the round glasses idea, but I would prefer to be able to wear them all the time and be able to see.  Any ideas/suggestions? Anything at all would help!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Re: How on Earth do I make White lenses I can see through?!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:44:38 pm »
Well I have put in the order for the transparent white and black stained glass paints so we shall see if they work!
Secrety secrets!

Offline QSAlois

• Cabbit
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:21 am »
You should try the makeup with white color contacts....Like these c: https://www.pinkyparadise.com/Cosplay_White_Lens_p/e4-cosplay-white-lens.htm

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 03:30:57 pm »
Ah how could I forget.*hits self on head* My vision is bad so I will be wearing perscription contacts and even more unfortunately I have an astigmatism so I have to use special contacts which I haven't seen in specialty contacts. XP But if anyone knows of a good brand for astigmatism that does that solid black doll eye contact that could possibly work.
Secrety secrets!

Offline tbjforever9

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 05:49:52 pm »
Just a friendly note-- if you're going to get all white contacts (special or not) try and get mesh contacts if you'll be wearing them for an extensive amount of time. If it's just for a photoshoot then all while contacts are fine, but all white contacts greatly obscure your vision and make it nearly impossible to see :> But I wish you luck on your search!
Switched to M-ayumii