Author Topic: Help with makeup for costume idea  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Help with makeup for costume idea
« on: April 29, 2013, 12:30:26 am »

Hey guys, Negima here.
I have this idea for a costume for next Kumoricon but I need some help with it.  It's going to require that I use makeup to complete the look.  Gonna keep who it is a secret for now though.

I'm looking for makeup that will allow a couple of things if possible:
- Can be washed off completely as though I have work the next day.
- Won't smear too badly.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I should look for or at least can point me in the right direction?  Homestuck cosplayers, I'm looking at you most of all for advice here.  (No it's not a Homestuck cosplay)

(I apologize if this is the wrong board for this.  I saw the Cosplay forum and was worried this would get buried among the various Group Cosplay threads)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: Help with makeup for costume idea
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 07:14:33 am »
You definitely want the cosplay forum for this.

That out of the way, if you're looking for body paint, try Snazaroo. It's water-based so the only thing that takes it off is water, and once it's dry it doesn't smear on people unless you wipe REALLY REALLY hard and with intent (at least in my experience). You'd want to do more than one coat though since it goes on kind of thin (and let it dry between coats or it'll just smear!) and make sure you're not allergic to it before putting it all over you.

Seriously though it just comes right off in the shower it's great.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: Help with makeup for costume idea
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:12:41 pm »
Water based makeups are my favorite. If you're just doing face, I suggest Krylon.

Also, with any makeup, I would use a setting powder or spray. This makes it so when you sweat, it will keep it in, so the makeup wont smear and come off til you actually wash it.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay