Author Topic: Lolita at Kumori 2013?  (Read 53394 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Lolita at Kumori 2013?
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 11:43:31 pm »
Oh....Thank you so much. That really makes me feel better about doing this lol I've only held one event so far and it was a cosplay shoot so nothing like this..I think you getting the word out on that even thing will really help this a lot. And yes so far that is correct. No one said no, so yea lol

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 10:18:52 am »
Cool! I will probably only be at the dinner, but I hope you get some extra people!
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
That's alright. It IS a lot to have to go to in one day haha I don't blame anyone for going to that one rather then this one though, it's better advertised and more of the Lolita community will see that one over this one

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »
Ok so, I don't know the area, so I need to be more specific on where in the park this will happen. The shoot thread starter told me to be more specific on location. Any ideas? They said, things like the gazebo or whatever else..

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2013, 08:49:15 pm »
The gazebo, especially later in the day, is where a lot of homeless people like to hang out. There's a small rose garden about twenty-thirty feet away with benches and a large open cement area if you'd rather use that space.

Since I probably won't be getting into Portland/Vancouver until 1 or 2pm I doubt I'll be able to make it to your tea party as well as the dinner, but I hope you have fun :)

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2013, 08:49:11 am »
There's also the fountain right across from the Hilton, very central. But the rose garden would be best if you don't want to move.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2013, 01:36:37 pm »
I vote the rose garden. It really is lovely, and it is very close to the gazebo (you can see either from most spots in the park. The fountain would be really fun, too, though! Lots of people like to hang around there, though, so we might get in their way (or vice versa).

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2013, 02:24:46 pm »
Looks like the rose garden then lol ill go ahead and edit the post and ask for that area in the shoot thread

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2013, 10:31:03 pm »
so me and my friend might be coming to this too ( il be a lolita version of a homestuck character, but my friend wont be in lolita). do we need to bring food with us, or has that already been covered by the person in charge?
kcon 2012: trickster rose lalonde (homestuck)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 10:35:56 pm »
so me and my friend might be coming to this too ( il be a lolita version of a homestuck character, but my friend wont be in lolita). do we need to bring food with us, or has that already been covered by the person in charge?
Well welcome!!
You may bring whatever you please. It's not someting I will ask you to do but if you want to for any reason feel free. Maybe you don't like the sweets I'm bringing..If so, you'll need SOMETHING right? lol

Offline Dearestdarling

• Oni
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2013, 06:13:36 pm »
I'm interested in attending both meet-ups. I just applied to join the Portland lolita fb group, but I live in Washington (hope you don't mind)
-Erinn :)

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2013, 09:22:58 pm »
I'm interested in attending both meet-ups. I just applied to join the Portland lolita fb group, but I live in Washington (hope you don't mind)
-Erinn :)

I added you! ;D
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline PinkiePie

• Cabbit
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2013, 10:46:05 pm »
I'm also interested in joining!

I have nothing lolita related at the moment as I've only been window shopping. I do have a very simple/casual cord I'm working on and plan on wearing during the con. So it would be awesome if I could meet up with people who could help this newbie out with info, advice and the like!

At the moment I don't know if I'll make the party/shoot on day 0 but I will try my best!

[Also joining the facebook group so you know]
~ Kumoricon 2013 // Working: Merchandise Staff, Library Staff // Wearing: Lolita, Catgirl ~

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:50 pm »
Welcome. Hope to see you both. I obviously am not going to the second one (The dinner if I remember right, I'm too tired to look lol) but I hope you both have fun (provided you both come lol)

Offline Nature_Spirited

• Oni
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2013, 01:59:43 am »
I will definitely be attending this awesome tea party/picnic~! It will be my first time in brolita, so I'd like to make sure that the environment is accepting and respectful. I want to meet friends and have a good time while making sure others have a good time as nd are respected as well. u v u

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2013, 05:03:21 pm »
I will definitely be attending this awesome tea party/picnic~! It will be my first time in brolita, so I'd like to make sure that the environment is accepting and respectful. I want to meet friends and have a good time while making sure others have a good time as nd are respected as well. u v u

Inviting and respectful? I'm a biological male..I'm wearing my Sweet Lolita dress and full coord..And I'm the one that started this thread lol I think you're fine dear

Offline PinkiePie

• Cabbit
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »
So my causal lolita cord I've been working on. Everything I already had, except bought the socks and petticoat and luckily it works well with the skirt so yay! Only main thing is to work on the shirt still. Things not pictured are like my rings, and my small blue parasol. No idea what to do with my hair and makeup though. Any tips? xP

I think tropical lolita could be a thing now. xD

Don't hurt me. x-x
~ Kumoricon 2013 // Working: Merchandise Staff, Library Staff // Wearing: Lolita, Catgirl ~

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2013, 02:52:26 pm »
That's very cute. I saw it on the progress thread.

For hair, you could do your normal hair and just curl it..that'd look good with this. Your hair color doesn't clash with the outfit so that's good.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2013, 06:19:13 pm »
justareminderthatlolitaisntcosplay >.>

I may or may not go to this. Because my cosplay is hard to change out off. And then getting in an out of lolita would take up my time as well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:21:09 pm by RozenMaiden_Girl »
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »

Who said it was? If you read my first post, I sure as hell didn't

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2013, 08:37:34 pm »

Who said it was? If you read my first post, I sure as hell didn't

I did read your first post. It has nothing to do with that.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »
Then who are you taking about? Nobody said Lolita was cosplay on here

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2013, 10:25:29 pm »
Then who are you taking about? Nobody said Lolita was cosplay on here
nvm for get I said any thing.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2013, 10:46:39 pm »
Were you just saying it for the hell of it then? If that's why then I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions..It's just that since no one even said otherwise, it seems like one of those "snobby Lolita girl" things to say..like when someone have to put something just to make sure they say it..

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2013, 08:40:29 am »
Were you just saying it for the hell of it then? If that's why then I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions..It's just that since no one even said otherwise, it seems like one of those "snobby Lolita girl" things to say..like when someone have to put something just to make sure they say it..

Pretty much. I am sure there are many members on this forum who think lolita is a cosplay. No one on here said it. But I figured I would put it there for people who don't really know what lolita is.

On a side note. I really want to go to this, but I don't want to take off the make-up from my cosplay.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2013, 10:26:44 pm »
Yea that makes sense then lol Kinda like a hashtag type thing lol It's all good though.

I see in your sig, you're doing that weird looking Miku (the same thing in your avatar). That looks wicked awesome lol If you DO come, then welcome ^_^

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2013, 11:53:10 am »
Yea that makes sense then lol Kinda like a hashtag type thing lol It's all good though.

I see in your sig, you're doing that weird looking Miku (the same thing in your avatar). That looks wicked awesome lol If you DO come, then welcome ^_^

Oh thank you! But yeah! Same thing as in my avi. I may come to help take photos for people. But I don't think I will change into lolita. So if you guys do any group photos and I can take pictures for you all!

I want to see you all in your lovely co-ords.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2013, 12:07:17 pm »

Oh thank you! But yeah! Same thing as in my avi. I may come to help take photos for people. But I don't think I will change into lolita. So if you guys do any group photos and I can take pictures for you all!

Sounds like a plan to me ^_^ And you're welcome. I really want a pic of your weird Miku thingy anyway, I can't read what it says in your sig, the words are all squished for me lol

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »

Sounds like a plan to me ^_^ And you're welcome. I really want a pic of your weird Miku thingy anyway, I can't read what it says in your sig, the words are all squished for me lol

Her me is Calne ca. She is from the video bacterial contamination.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2013, 10:44:07 pm »
Ah, never watched that video. Not too big into the Vocaloid scene..Just slightly lol

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2013, 11:03:38 am »
Ah, never watched that video. Not too big into the Vocaloid scene..Just slightly lol

I really recommend watching it. XD

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2013, 02:40:56 pm »
Well, that was..Uh..Interesting to say the least lol

Offline laurabu

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • Lavendeer
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2013, 11:22:20 pm »
I'll definitely be going to the dinner meet up, so if I get to con early enough I'll try to stop by the park as well! :)

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2013, 09:49:52 pm »
I don't know if anyone will be checking in, but I most likely will not be able to make it tomorrow. The hotel plan fell through, so we have to drive, which changed everything! My lolita plans also fell through, so I never had a dress made, and we decided to do a Disney run. I will likely stop by, and if anyone posts that they want me to bring some tea, I will gladly do it (if I can. It would be cold, of course! Probably just Lipton).

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2013, 06:45:05 am »
I can't wait to see everyone today!
I invited one of my photographer friends to take solo shots of everyone and then a few group shots. (:
See you today!
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.