Author Topic: Fall 2012 season lineup  (Read 2886 times)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Fall 2012 season lineup
« on: October 16, 2012, 08:49:06 pm »
The complete listing: http://i.minus.com/i5GsbGtkCIL8M.jpg

The ones I've seen so far:
  • Kamisama Kiss / Kamisama Hajimemashita - Directed by the guy behind Fruits Basket and Kodocha, Akitaro Daichi. So far so good, though it gets off to a weak start in the first episode. The only serious detriment (other than those two little whatsits) is that the heroine sometimes comes across as a helpless damsel in distress. B
  • My Little Monster / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - Really reminiscent of one of my favorites, Kare Kano / His & Her Circumstances. The plot sometimes strains credulity, but overall it's often funny and very sweet. A-
  • Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You / Hayate no Gotoku: CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU - This one has been a disappointment so far, surprisingly. The humor and art have been weak, and the lack of continuity with the manga or with previous seasons has been a detriment. (Funny, that. It seems like while remakes like Kanon and Ah! My Goddess have been vast improvements over their predecessors, reboots like Negima!? and Hayate have been anything but.) C+
  • Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! / Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Big hit. Yuuta is a great straight man, and Rikka is too adorkable for words. You'll be torn between wincing and laughing at their antics. A
  • As Long as There's Love, It Doesn't Matter If He is My Brother, Right? / Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne / OniAi - Looks like it's trying to be a send-up of the increasing number of "incest" series, but has so little bite in its parody that it might as well be an overdone homage. Gratuitous ecchi content is a poor substitute for good writing. D-

What about you guys, any thoughts on this season's choices?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.