Author Topic: Sword Art Online 2013  (Read 173160 times)

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
Sword Art Online 2013
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »
It's time to party up - there's no need to solo Kumoricon in 2013! So let's talk about getting a group going. Who would be interested in joining? And who is on the fence so that I can convince them of the awesomeness that is Sword Art Online? 8D

My wife and I will be going as Kirito and Asuna on one of the days (to be decided!)

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
Re: Sword Art Online 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:56:43 pm »
I'm totally going as Kazuto from Sword Art Online. My friend is having my swords custom made both the black and blue-ish white one. I'm very excited to see them finalize before kumoricon. Especially the fact that I don't have to wear a wig anymore because I have naturally black (Well it's dark brown but comes out as black) hair and plan on cutting it short just for this.

I would be very interested in joining 8'D

Offline Cuddlefish

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:08:50 pm »
I would be said wife that will be cosplaying Asuna. I was forced to make this response while I'm at work because he wants to sabotage my job. Dun dun duuuuuun~!

In all seriousness though, we're looking forward to cosplaying SAO because we are really enjoying the show and look forward to each new episode. I love all the main cast and supporting cast and think the character designs are great. Yay.

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 05:23:51 pm »
My friend is having my swords custom made both the black and blue-ish white one.

You should get some progress pictures and keep us updated! I'm excited to see other people's work come together. I want to keep updates here as we accomplish things as well. I'm still at the patterning stages for the coat, and looking into getting myself some thermoplastics to work with for armor detailing. I imagine that this is going to be a rather costly costume, but it will be worth it if it's epic. 8D

I was forced to make this response while I'm at work because he wants to sabotage my job. Dun dun duuuuuun~!

Pfft, sabotage. It's for the greater good!

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »
My friend is having my swords custom made both the black and blue-ish white one.

You should get some progress pictures and keep us updated! I'm excited to see other people's work come together. I want to keep updates here as we accomplish things as well. I'm still at the patterning stages for the coat, and looking into getting myself some thermoplastics to work with for armor detailing. I imagine that this is going to be a rather costly costume, but it will be worth it if it's epic. 8D

Lol, hopefully I do! My friend works in the construction major so everything will be in wood. He said he's doing the black one first, but since i told him it won't be needed until Kumoricon, he's taking his time.

You're so lucky that your costume is custom made. I'm buying mine online. xD! I saw a great sale on ebay from a trustable seller that is selling the entire set+sword for like 70$-100$? But the entire set was out of stock currently. v.v;

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:04:02 pm »
Lol, hopefully I do! My friend works in the construction major so everything will be in wood. He said he's doing the black one first, but since i told him it won't be needed until Kumoricon, he's taking his time.

You're so lucky that your costume is custom made. I'm buying mine online. xD! I saw a great sale on ebay from a trustable seller that is selling the entire set+sword for like 70$-100$? But the entire set was out of stock currently. v.v;

Given the shape of the blades, wood is a good medium for these. It's not as easy to work with as some other materials, but it's totally worth it when your end result has some weight to it. Maybe not as enjoyable for carrying around a convention all day, but it does lend some authenticity to posing for pictures, since they do have to be properly supported like an actual sword.

And we'll see how our costumes turn out before counting ourselves lucky. I imagine these ones are going to be a bit of a headache, and a costly one at that. But it will be worth it for the experience. That, and I want to make it out of a proper coat material ... so if I'm feeling extra nerdy, I could just wear it outside on a non-con day. XD

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:47 pm »
I would love to say that I would be cosplaying SAO for Kumo '13, but I'm not. I already decided on my two... But I guess I can make a it a long term project and maybe have it done by Kumo '14(if I'm even going). The question is, though, who should I cosplay?
Not going. Very disappointed. But maybe next time. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 06:53:17 pm »
God, I would die of happiness if someone cosplays these characters from Sword Art Online:

Silicia

Klein

Maybe Suguo... I kind hate/love him. Love his looks, hate who he is. *SHOT*

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »
I could possibly do Silica. It all depends right now for me.
Not going. Very disappointed. But maybe next time. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 05:04:21 pm »
Silica is a pretty win choice as far as characters with fun props go. My wife was pretty tempted to cosplay as her just because it would mean that she'd get to make a Pina, but ultimately went with Asuna after watching the main relationship develop. Although I suppose that doesn't need to stop us from making a Pina anyway... XD

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 05:54:21 pm »
You could totally make Pina. Save me some work there.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »
Double Post~

I was catching up on my SAO and I was wondering if anyone was going to do ALFheim Online. I'm totally considering it.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:24 pm »
I may get a Kirito cosplay made. Really, all I need made is the coat, so It shouldn't be hard..I'm planning the version with the Coat of Midnight:

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 10:58:32 am »
My boyfriend and I are thinking Asuna and Kirito but we're not entirely sure (depends on money).

Hopefully we can, though ^_^
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 09:48:29 pm »
My boyfriend and I are thinking Asuna and Kirito but we're not entirely sure (depends on money).

Aw that'd be cute to see. I need to find an Asuna now lol

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 07:12:13 pm »

Ikr?? So hopefully all goes well! And aw, i wish you luck on your Asuna quest! (:
KUMORICON 2017

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:54 pm »

Ikr?? So hopefully all goes well! And aw, i wish you luck on your Asuna quest! (:
Totally lol if you both do that, I want pictures lol and thank you, I need luck lol

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 10:12:27 pm »

Totally lol if you both do that, I want pictures lol and thank you, I need luck lol

Yessir! And you're welcome : 3
KUMORICON 2017

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 10:21:04 pm »

Yessir! And you're welcome : 3

I may be able to convince my table mate to do a SAO cosplay..If I tell her I'll make it for her I don't see why she would say no lol

Is anyone planning on a photoshoot? If so when, because as you (agpgirl) know, I am gonna be in the AA..as well as the other shoots I wanna attend..I hope some can be later at night....Or really early..You know..Times not interfering with the AA

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »
A possibility I will be cosplaying as Sinon (Gale Gun Online) and my sister will be Yui. :)

Offline CrystophSandpape

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 01:21:41 pm »
My friend is going as Asuna on the first day.
KUMORICON 2014
Day 0 - Catherine (Catherine)
Day 1 - Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)
Day 2 - SPOILER CELESTIA (Dangan Ronpa)
Day 3 - Notepad (Don't hug me I'm scared)
Day 4 - Sasha Braus (Attack on Titan)
Kumori Dance - Monomi (SDR2)

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 04:21:07 pm »
Too many people doing the main characters... I'll probably change from Kirito to someone else. XD

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 07:34:32 pm »
@BubbleTea - Yeah. That's usually the case with most new anime. That's why Silica is in my cosplay plans. I usually always try to be a supporting character because then it encourages other people to stray from the mains.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I might be doing Alfheim Online Asuna, but I've changed my mind. I will not be doing Alfheim Asuna, but I would really enjoy it if other people did Alfheim Online. I like those fairies~~

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 05:55:38 pm »
Well I decided now..Like..JUST now..I won't be doing Dual Swoard Kirito..I'll be doing ALO Kirito if anything..No wings though..I can't do them AND get the sword harness on..But that cosplay will be WAY easier to make lol

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »
^lol. The wings AND sword harness would be hard to do all at once. But then again, the wings don't appear all the time like Asuna's. So that's highly convenient.

Offline Karu

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 12:40:08 am »
Lol. SAO is amazing.

My boyfriend and I will be Asuna and Kirito too during the con this year if he gets his butt in gear. xD
2015 Cosplay List~!
Serah Farron-FFXIII-2
Kirin Armor-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Marielle-Log Horizon

Badge Name: Itaksuke

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 10:29:03 pm »
^lol. The wings AND sword harness would be hard to do all at once. But then again, the wings don't appear all the time like Asuna's. So that's highly convenient.

Yea..Me and another guy I talk to were talking about it, and he is gonna try, but I keep telling him it's impossible..lol I looked at this inside and out, and there is NO way that you can have a sword that covers your back, and wings that come OUT OF that back yet have them so you can have both..I explained to him that the eason they can look like that (other then because it's a freakin cartoon....) is that the wings are not attached to his body. In real life, if we could have the same wings, yes it would be physically possible because the wings float without touching the person. Eh, oh well lol

Offline Syaoran_Sakura.Kinomoto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »

Yea..Me and another guy I talk to were talking about it, and he is gonna try, but I keep telling him it's impossible..lol I looked at this inside and out, and there is NO way that you can have a sword that covers your back, and wings that come OUT OF that back yet have them so you can have both..I explained to him that the eason they can look like that (other then because it's a freakin cartoon....) is that the wings are not attached to his body. In real life, if we could have the same wings, yes it would be physically possible because the wings float without touching the person. Eh, oh well lol
Lol and i'm the other guy xD
oh yea with alot of people cosplaying the same main character i am FUSING the SAO ARC with the ALO ARC and the GGO arc to be different for the single arcs.
Kumoru Con 2013 cosplay plan:
Friday: Secret Police Hacker Kagamine Len
Saturday: Black Rock Shooter (male version)
Sunday: Kagamine Len (Fleeting Moon Flower)
Monday: Secret

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 09:26:42 pm »

Lol and i'm the other guy xD
oh yea with alot of people cosplaying the same main character i am FUSING the SAO ARC with the ALO ARC and the GGO arc to be different for the single arcs.
No sen, though yes we were talking to you that day, I was talking about Jake lol He is doing Spriggan Kirito remember? That's only for Sakuracon though I don;t think he's coming to Kumori..
Anyway, Before I asked for your AIM, I was explaining the wigs to him, then after you left the convo we talked about it more lol..That's what I was talking about..Anyway, I got my sword going..I forgot to say here (I've been talking about it on coscom so, Sen, you may have seen it..
Anyway, here is so far:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/RazorXCore_2006/kiritosword3_zpse65446dd.jpg

EDIT:
Oh, also the blade IS beveled, and the handguard is not glued on..It's just kinda..Sitting there lol I used shoe laces (as you see) to hold it together until the glue dries..I'm thinking of using black acrylic to make the black parts of the blade..Not the beveled sharp part, but well you know if you seen it..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:28:28 pm by JasonTerror »

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 03:22:48 pm »
I'm thinking of going as Silica! :D
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 04:46:34 pm »
I'm thinking of going as Silica! :D

YOU SOO SHOULD!!!!
If you do I want a pic!!

By the way guys:
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/art/Kirito-Spriggin-Sword-WIP-almost-done-343240984
So far, what do you all think?

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 02:36:38 pm »
^ That looks good so far.

Can someone please assure me I wasn't the only one that cried during episode 25?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »
Not anymore it doesn't..It broke..Do NOT do it the way i did..The glue actually came OFF!! and not the dowel is loose on one side..There's too much stuff in the way (I used spackle on it to fill the gap) and it makes it so I can't get into the craks without completely snapping the whole thing. I have to start all over again..This time I'm not using that retarded thin foam..

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 04:44:59 pm »
^^ No need to worry on that score, there were a ton of reasons to do so. (^_^)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 05:18:26 pm »
@Sailor - Ew.... At least you now know what NOT to do. I hope your next one turns out better.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »
@Sailor - Ew.... At least you now know what NOT to do. I hope your next one turns out better.

Yea..oh well..I'm gonna see about thicker foam..I don't wanna use that but oh well lol

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »
Well found out im gonna be stuck cosplaying season one Kirito since my brother ordered the cosplay for me for Christmas without my knowledge.

I don't even know how he got my measurements.....wdf.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 11:04:34 pm »
@ Sailor - Thicker foam might work. I know the foam board that you can get prints printed from Staples works. My mom used it for her Yuna staff in 2012. Of course, she doubled it up, so it was twice as think.

@ Bubble(I hope you don't mind me calling you that) - That's a great gift, in my opinion! I'd love cosplay for Christmas. But I'm *hopefully* getting some money to buy fabric and everything, so I guess that's technically getting cosplay for Christmas.  For how he got your measurements is also making me wonder as well . . .

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 09:55:24 am »
@ Sailor - Thicker foam might work. I know the foam board that you can get prints printed from Staples works. My mom used it for her Yuna staff in 2012. Of course, she doubled it up, so it was twice as think.

@ Bubble(I hope you don't mind me calling you that) - That's a great gift, in my opinion! I'd love cosplay for Christmas. But I'm *hopefully* getting some money to buy fabric and everything, so I guess that's technically getting cosplay for Christmas.  For how he got your measurements is also making me wonder as well . . .

No no. Not for a huge sword..That stuff is very bad for huge weapons. The only thing you would need it on a staff for is that part on top..Where I ned it to hold up as an entire wide blade!!
I would use insulation foam it would look a lot like my cloud sword but obviously not that one lol

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 01:54:51 am »
@Hikari: Lol, I don't mind being called Bubbles, dont worry. It is a good gift, just not when you change your mind about it! xD oh my, sorry for the late response though, been quite busy, but hopefully you were about to get the fabric and make a cosplay over Christmas! :<
/somehow feels violated

@Sailor; Did you change your username? (Sorry for the randomness LOL). If not, sorry I'm going crazy.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:43 am »
@Bubbles - lol. Okay, good. I get lazy a lot... Actually I did. Sorta. But I don't think I'll be able to make it all within the next 3 days I have before school starts again. =_= Meh. . . .

@Sailor - Ah, okay. I've actually used it for a huge weapon as well. It worked out awesome for me.  But that is your project and you can choose your own materials~ I just tried to help.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:37:50 am by Hikari-Alice »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 11:10:40 am »
iBubbleTeax3, yes, you are not going crazy lol well not about the name anyway..you could still be crazy lol

Hikari-Alice, It's all good, no worries. I'll just try and see what happens

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 01:54:07 pm »
I love how we're the same three people blowing up this thread and the Final Fantasy 2013 thread. I'm laughing my butt off about it.

Anyways~, @Sailor - Okey dokey lokey~ I hope it works. Making a weapon over and over is frustrating. Didn't your username used to be Jasonterror or something among those lines? Also, did you get a new DA?

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 07:24:48 pm »
@Hikari: Ah, procrastination is a sin. D; . Well, work on when you can. I mean, the finish product is always best when it's worked on patiently? xD.. Man, I am not excited to start school again.

BTW; we're just keeping it cool and keeping the thread alive. xD

@Sailor: Alright, lol. I have some insanity here and there, but not completely crazy.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 08:00:51 pm »
@Bubbles - But procrastinating mean more time for what I like! //whines

Okay. Guys. I'm in love. With Silica's ALO avatar. Because it's three things I love all in one place; my favorite character, cats, and blue. If I can start and finish her in ALO instead of SAO(because it's boring), I will definitely be there as her.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 09:41:42 pm »
Hikari-Alice, yea I know..but it's ok. I love doing it so alother then making me super mad, it helps me improve. And yes that was my old name. It's an odd little story, but me and my studio partner were talking, and I realized how girly I am, one thing led to another and bam, I realized I wanna be a girl..I've always hid the real me behind being male for fear of judgement, but I'm finally out as a transgender, so I picked a name, Jeimi, and I love sailormoon stuff like crazy so....and yes the da in my Sig is my new one.

iBubbleTeax3, It's ok..we all are nuts..you're not alone lol

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »
I'm going to Sakuracon as Asuna and I might be coming to Kumoricon as her as well, possibly a different outfit. Or maybe even a different character. But I loved this series so I'd love to give another Character a go! (:

Hope to see you all there. (:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »
Oh my, so many people! I was also planning on going as Asuna with my husband as Kirito, but since there is so many, I think maybe we'll do the school uniforms! As much as I love their SOA outfits, I'd really love to actually contribute to the group. I'd consider going with the Alfheim version, but I got my wig yesterday. : X Unless anyone knows how to dye wigs?

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 07:49:55 pm »
^ There's link to how to Sharpie-dye wigs in the TTT. That's how I do it.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 12:00:43 am »
Oh my, so many people! I was also planning on going as Asuna with my husband as Kirito, but since there is so many, I think maybe we'll do the school uniforms! As much as I love their SOA outfits, I'd really love to actually contribute to the group. I'd consider going with the Alfheim version, but I got my wig yesterday. : X Unless anyone knows how to dye wigs?

You can use the acrylic ink and 70% isopropyl alcohol method to dye the wig. :) It's very easy.