Poll

Whose excited!?

No Not ready!
1 (16.7%)
All the Yes!
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Sailor Moon 2013  (Read 178391 times)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
Re: Sailor Moon 2013
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2013, 03:00:04 pm »
we all need to get colored aviators......

i like the idea of the stairs it was fun up top for once lol those pics turned out great up there, though it might have been cuz of our photographer :3

honestly wash, if you were to not shave for neptune id be cool with it (and im VERY picky about sailor moon cosplays.......) in fact it would make the papa and daugther neptune picks more funny :3
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2013, 10:45:42 am »
@Tomecko - Thanks!  His forum name is reppy.  I don't know about Facebook settings, as I don't use the site that much.  The catch with the age thing is that it makes making a male more difficult to look like a teenage female, but I think I will give it another shot, at least this year.

@chelsea - You think so, huh?  I can't really say that I'd agree with that myself, but that may be that I prefer crossplayers to try their best to look like the gender that they're portraying rather than are.  ...colored aviators...?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2013, 10:38:35 am »
yes.... ever sence one photoshoot with my friends ive been wanting a pair of thouse sunglasses..... they are too much fun. another thing you could do in the future is an actual genderbend of neptune O.o maybe?

lol i loved reppy as chii with out make up and a shaven face
kumoicon 2013:

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2013, 03:15:12 pm »
Feel like I haven't been in this thread in forever.....anyway, just doing regular Uranus, not super like I thought.  Got my outfit in the mail today. :D 
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2013, 12:05:00 am »
^^  :D   Maybe...

^ YAY REGULAR URANUS!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2013, 10:56:07 am »
...I'd like to change my photoshoot day to Sunday only... if it were possible...  perhaps late-morning/afternoon-ish.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2013, 12:30:46 pm »
Yep the photo shoot is going to be just Sunday, Well meet in the red lion lobby and then about 10-15 minutes after the meet up time well head to the back area behind the red lion for the shoot. Time still needs to be decided.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2013, 11:37:29 am »
=/ if thats the case i might not make it. depends if im in the cosplay contest
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2013, 11:41:35 am »
The cosplay contest shouldn't take all day Chelsea, I think that's what a lot of people are waiting for on the time wise.

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2013, 12:49:50 pm »
totally what a lot of people are waiting on. ;)

I should be able to bring Mars to the photoshoot, but I won't know for sure until my group figures out if it can make it to Kumori and if so when our judging time for the contest is. But I'll plan on being Mars Sunday morning (and probably for the Dating Game/at night.) Hopefully I will find other Moonies for pictures regardless. <3

~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2013, 04:32:58 pm »
^ If all else fails, if I am going to keep Neptune for this year (which is looking more probable) you can come by the charity auction room and get one with me.

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2013, 10:46:02 pm »
I've got my Etsy shop open! I give you: ShoujoGems! Not much selection at the moment, but I have a few Sailor Moon items up - brooches and hip chains. More shall come soon, yes, soooon. But I might have to pause to actually work on cosplays.

My Luna petticoat needs trimming (too long in front, didn't make the cutaway extreme enough), and I'm remaking her pendant and earrings out of resin, rather than Fimo. I have pictures of her very chilly debut here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/454098/. It snowed 10 inches the night before con and I actually had to have a friend pick me up at one point to get me over a snowbank I couldn't navigate in my stilettos. Looking forward to not freezing my hairbuns off this time.

Anyways, enough of my shameless self-promotion! Tell me, Moonie friends, tell me of your cosplays.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:04:31 pm by Tomecko »

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2013, 08:17:33 am »
@Washougal: I hope you can get the shoes fixed before con. ^^;

@Tomecko: Do you realize how much I love you right now? When I was originally ganna do Mistress 9 this year The person i commissioned for the star piece and earring flaked so Even tho I'm not cosplaying her this year I will defintly be ordering tomorrow from you ;)

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2013, 08:22:47 am »
I'm going to be Sailor Cosmos! Just ordered the wigs, and I'll be starting on her dress soon.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2013, 10:13:32 am »
Tranny - Awwww, yay! Glad I could help! I cosplay Mistress 9 too, and am excited about the prospect of not having to draw a star on the next time I do her. I might be a professional artist, but I can't draw an even-pointed star for the life of me.

Nyahaha - COSMOOOOOOOS. I am gonna fangirl over you so hard if I catch you at con, I adore her design.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2013, 11:02:19 am »
Nyahaha: Added! Can't wait to see you!

Tomecko: Same here. plus all the stars I've seen have been really cheap plastic ones and they look funny. And im extremely bad at making jewelery so your my savior! XD ♥

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:40 am »
^ I hope so, too.  I'm gonna take a stab at it this weekend.  If it fails, I might just take them in to a cobbler, or something...

Offline Sui Kune

• Cabbit
    • Sui-Kun.net
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2013, 02:44:51 pm »
Sorry for being scarce, I've really gone head-first into getting everything absolutely right. (And I take hilariously long to do everything, yay for being anal-retentive.)

I should hopefully have Super Saturn done this weekend, all I have left to do is the sleeve puffs and guards (argh oh my god) and sew together the glove bands.

Here's a preview! The hiproll V will be deeper than that, I moved a couple snaps up after that photo was taken. I am so proud of how the drape of my back bow tails turned out; my sewing mentor showed me how to cut them out on the bias and cut the angle of the ends on the grain, so they just drape beautifully. I'll get a decent photo of it this weekend, I can't take a photo of my own back and hold the camera steady at the same time. XD
✿ Messiah of Silence [Sailormoon S]
✿ Super Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon SailorStars]
✿ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Winter Uniform]

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2013, 04:40:13 pm »
Sui Kune- You look awesome! Your bust armor is perfect, and your  pleats are so crisp. Good luck on the sleeve rolls! I've only done regular and Eternal Saturn, so I really haven't had to fight with the standard sleeve rolls. The glove rolls are the bane of my existence, though.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2013, 06:41:17 pm »
Tranny - Awwww, yay! Glad I could help! I cosplay Mistress 9 too, and am excited about the prospect of not having to draw a star on the next time I do her. I might be a professional artist, but I can't draw an even-pointed star for the life of me.

Nyahaha - COSMOOOOOOOS. I am gonna fangirl over you so hard if I catch you at con, I adore her design.

I'm super excited to be her! I haven't seen any one cosplay her at a con, and there aren't very many on deviantart.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2013, 11:36:20 am »
yay a cosmos!!!!!!

gah i cant wait...... i decieded to drop a few things so i will for sure be at the shoot in chibi moon :)

sui i cant not wait to see that in person >.< why must you be so awesome
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Sui Kune

• Cabbit
    • Sui-Kun.net
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2013, 12:04:17 pm »
@Tomecko - Thank you so much! *blush* The bust armor was a living nightmare and the main reason why it's taken me like five months. XD My sewing mentor had to help me fit it extensively, I have a large bust so if it isn't just right I look like I'm drooping. The glove bands are mostly hard because I insist on both using the same non-stretch cotton sateen as the rest of the fuku, and I stuff them with cotton upholstry braid.

@Chelseahavoc - I can't wait to see you too!!  ;D I'm also bringing the Messiah and Hotaru's Mugen uniform along, so we could potentially do a shoot with all three if you like! The Messiah just takes a little longer to change into since it's a crapton of stuff and requires its own (strapless) bra.

@Nyahaha - Oh wow, I can't wait to see your Cosmos!

Unfortunately I couldn't quite get Super Saturn done this weekend, though I did get the sleeve puffs done and sewn to the bust armor. The god-awful puzzle that is the sheer shoulder guards foiled me, but I got the pattern finalized and the mock-up turned out perfectly. Essentially they're sheer light lavender organza tacos, stuffed with a single layer of stiffer pearly sheer organza for stabilization, and the edge finished with a bias-cut strip of the lavender folded over like bias tape. I also got more of my Messiah purple chiffon, so I'm finally able to add length to the wrist cuffs. (Fabric Depot in Portland is amazing, I was able to special-order the exact chiffon I had originally bought two years ago.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:05:19 pm by Sui Kune »

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2013, 12:08:10 pm »
For when I do my Super Sailor Saturn, I was always planning to find some pink-tinted plastic sheet, and just cut it in an arc, then punch holes and hand-sew it on. I've seen some Super Sailors do that, and it holds its shape really well.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2013, 02:51:07 pm »
Unfortunately I couldn't quite get Super Saturn done this weekend...

I can relate to that part.  I haven't done a single thing for Neptune this entire weekend (mostly thanks to Chan and this stomach bug I seem to have caught).  I haven't even tried to resize my shoes.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2013, 10:04:30 am »
sui: I. Would. Love. That. (as long as it fits into your con time :) )

tomeco: i thought of doing that too! but...... where on earth would you get it :S

wash: aw im sorry to hear your sick! get better soon!

update: i finally got my boots, tape, and moons..... now to work on it...... yes im doing the duct tape thing again. but i might just end up using the duct tape for a pattern seeing how i already have the white vinyl id need to add to the top hmmmm we shall see.....
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2013, 10:30:11 am »
^ Thanks!  I think I'm already there.  I'm probably going to go to work today.  As for the cosplay plans, I'll more than likely be able to do this stuff this upcoming weekend.

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2013, 01:54:33 pm »
@Chelsea - I've seen some clear and frosted plastic sheets for sale online (a shop called Hobbylinc has good prices), a bit more searching might find me some pink tinted ones. Clear will do in a pinch, though.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Sui Kune

• Cabbit
    • Sui-Kun.net
« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2013, 03:14:05 pm »
@Tomecko - I've heard about that too! I do have some lightweight, thin but sturdy clear PVC vinyl as a backup if my heavier organza doesn't cut it, that I would plan on covering with my lavender organza. It would be heavier than plastic sheeting, but the advantage would be not having to gauge holes in it first to sew.  :) I bet you'll be able to find the plastic in a pink tint, too, there's so many uses for plastic sheets and it seems like they'd put color options like that on the market.

@Chelsea - Ahahaha, I was worried it would eat into your con time! XD I always leave myself free enough at cons to not stress but with just enough panels to have something to do, so I'll have plenty of time. Just a matter of what's convenient for you and finding a photographer if it isn't during the official shoot.  :)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2013, 10:29:56 am »
I just found this shop on etsy that is just too awesome.
I figured Id.share it with you guys.
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/southernmooncreation?section_id=6410252
The sailor moon stuff is super affordable and looks like.really great quality.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2013, 12:21:11 pm »
That's the shop I had order my original Mistress 9 earrings from and she never got back to me. <.<  Her stuffs great but I wont deal with her anymore because she refused to communicate with me.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2013, 01:44:30 pm »
That sucks. Ive been talking to her about some Sailor Cosmos stuff and she's replied to me. 

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2013, 04:30:15 pm »
That's good. I'm glad your having better luck then I did ^^

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #232 on: August 06, 2013, 07:07:52 pm »
I really hope she gets back to you soon. Id hate to be having good luck with her and you not lol
Maybe shes just backed up on convos

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2013, 08:39:21 am »
Not to worry my experience was at the begining of last year. So I'm over it.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2013, 12:14:59 pm »
...so, now that my weekend was shot, and I'm home with a sore leg, I might finally get to looking for all of my costume parts today...

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2013, 12:27:05 pm »
AH!~ 18 DAYS!

I still got to fix my Neptune pumps and gloves. Anyone have a clue how to shorten the bought gloves? I have an Idea but wanted to know if anyone else had some suggestions.

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2013, 01:21:48 pm »
Shorten the fingers, or shorten the arms? For the arms, it shouldn't be too hard - the stretch fabric won't fray, so just trim and fold under. Use a zigzag stitch when you sew the edge down, it'll allow for the fabric to stretch without snapping the thread. Or you can sew it loosely by hand.
Your gloves came with the rolls, right? If you pull out the stitches so the rolls come off nice and clean, you can hand-sew those on over the new seam on the arm.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2013, 03:49:40 pm »
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking of doing so a second opinion was very helpful thank you! I'll work on those this weekend.  The gloves are the normal senshi length so I have quite a bit of shortening to do <.<

Offline Sui Kune

• Cabbit
    • Sui-Kun.net
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2013, 08:17:26 pm »
After five months of nitpicking and hair-pulling, Super Sailor Saturn is finally done! I'll obviously be a lot less ruffled when all put together (and ironed!), but a complete try-on at last. XD

Front

Back

I really really really hate Super Senshi sleeves. Those suckers took me at least a few weeks alone just to get perfect. I'm still finding myself nitpicking at asymmetry I'm probably imagining, but they're in and not puckering, so I'm leaving it alone. XD

The choker star is only attached with a clasp type pin backing (to make it easily interchangeable with S Saturn), so I'm still perfecting how to keep it from rotating during wear. (Currently it's a small circle of purple felt put between the clasp and the back of the choker, which seems to help somewhat.)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »
IT LOOKS SO GOOD! i still need to fix my wig and my gloves >.< why so many cosplays......
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2013, 08:24:29 am »
That looks amazing Sui Kune! I wish I had that kind of talent XD

Also according to the official Schedule that was released last night the cosplay contest will be at 4pm, 3:30 for seating. I assume thats what most people were waiting to hear. So maybe we can pick a time now.

Edit: Also there is a sailor moon panel! "The power of love:a sailor moon panel" At 6:30pm on Day two.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:31:59 am by Tranny »

Offline Sui Kune

• Cabbit
    • Sui-Kun.net
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2013, 11:32:34 am »
*blush* Thank you so much Chelsea and Tranny! I have the most amazing sewing mentor who taught me everything, I wouldn't have an ounce of talent without her.

Oh awesome, a Sailormoon panel!! I love it when they're a little later in the day, too, I think I'll change back into Super Saturn for it.  ;D (Usually I can only stay as Saturn for a few hours thanks to my feet hating the boots.) I've been so excited about all the new merchandise and the new musical (have you guys seen the new costumes? I love them, they really appeal to the magpie in me! I really hope they continue and reintroduce Saturn!), so it'll be great to have another outlet in addition to the photoshoot to fangirl over everything.

I've readjusted the neck fit for it, so all that's left for me to do now is add wrist length to the Messiah blouse (there's already a seam hidden under the wrist elastic, so it'll be simple enough, especially with a hot knife) and take about an inch off the hem of the Mugen uniform blouse since I finally realized the proportion is a little off. And after the con I'll make a second bust armor for S Saturn.

I just hope the con weekend isn't too hot. XD Saturn won't be so bad to be in, but the Messiah is a friggin beast of fabric layers and the Mugen uniform is long-sleeved with a wool skirt. I'm also very obviously a redhead, and we just aren't built for heat tolerance.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2013, 12:23:15 pm »
I hadn't seen them. O_O THEY'RE SO SHINY!

I'll absolutely be going to the panel as Neptune so I'll see ya there maybe Sui Kune. :) As for the panel it would be cool if we all went then had the photoshoot afterwards though I'd be worried that a photoshoot that late in the day would cause lighting issues. and cant do it right before because I assume a lot of people will be at the cosplay contest.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2013, 07:36:51 pm »
I'm planning on being there, too.  Why don't we do what we did two years ago, and have the shoot right after the panel?

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »
but what if we run out of sun? :/

OMG LOVE THE NEW SUITS ;-; must get...... all the gold trim......
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2013, 09:41:18 am »
Yeah that was my fear the Panels at 6:30 and goes till 8 by then I assume it'll start getting/will be dark and that wont make for good photo if everyone's using flash. And the cosplay competition goes from 4:00 - 6:30

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2013, 10:44:51 am »
Well, how about an indoor shoot this year?

Offline Sui Kune

• Cabbit
    • Sui-Kun.net
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2013, 10:48:09 am »
How about the morning at around 11 or so? The sun will be high enough it won't be in our eyes as much, it won't be as hot out, and everyone's costumes and makeup will be fresh.  :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2013, 11:08:00 am »
That's a good point.  Along with the make-up, I will more than likely have a cleaner-shaven face at 11 rather than in the evening.  Also, that's just before a panel I'm in.  (12-1 - Otaku Over 25).

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2013, 11:11:04 am »
I'm Okay with 11. :D