Author Topic: Homestuck 2013  (Read 120410 times)

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
Re: Homestuck 2013
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2013, 11:00:28 am »
i think the gazebo would work too. ive been to this con twice now, and both times the homestuck photoshoot was in the gazebo and it turned out just fine. i guess we also need to figure out what day we're having the main photoshoot? i think it was on day two last year
kcon 2012: trickster rose lalonde (homestuck)

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2013, 04:05:24 am »
I agree, the gazebo is a good place and it's been used before as well.
The main photoshoot is usually always day 2 (with sometimes a side-main photoshoot on day 1 and 3 as well).
So I guess now we should talk about times?

Offline tbjforever9

• Cabbit
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2013, 09:58:49 am »
Maybe around 1 or 2, so people have time to eat lunch and then fix up whatever they need to on their costumes?
Switched to M-ayumii

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2013, 03:32:19 pm »
After knowing homestuck for two years, I have never wanted to cosplay from it. But now, I give in because it is SO tempting and SO AMAZING! I will be cosplaying John this year C: (Pokestuck crossover that is, or whatever the hell it'll be called)

Two of my buds are as well going. One is hoping to be FEM!Sollux and the other is hoping to be either FEM!Dave or my Davechu :3
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »
dang this threads a lot quieter than last year :C
as for cosplay progress, i finally ordered two pairs of tights, and i hope to order the shirt and shoes soon
i just hope i can sew a whole dress and a pair of armsocks by the con...
i also was wondering if a homestuck panel is going to happen, cause i didnt remember hearing anything about it

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2013, 08:36:32 pm »
Yeah it is a lot more quiet this year, which makes me kinda sad.
But I heard that there was going to be a panel, not entirely sure about that yet though.
We still need to also finalize times for the homestuck photoshoots.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2013, 08:41:40 pm »
Lets spice this thread up a bit then.

I think day 2 sounds good. Usually the time is 4:13 at Gazebo but 2 would be fine. Anytime is good with me C:

As for cosplay progess I need to remake my vest and hopefully find some new shoes and Im good to go u u u
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2013, 09:08:30 pm »
I dont believe I will be going to any panel or doing anything around 2 or so on Sunday, so you have another vote for Day 2 at 2:00 or so.

As for cosplay progress, at the earliest, my hat should arrive tomorrow, so i can get that done once I get it. I am 90% done with the shirt/jacket. Just need to add the final details I need, so everything is going quite well ^^
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2013, 03:22:58 am »
I think Day 2 at 2:00 would be pretty great. c:

Offline andarahailsfort

• Oni
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2013, 10:54:36 am »
Hiya! I'm gonna be Terezi this year, first time cosplaying Homestuck/a troll, so yeah...
Just figure I'd pop in and make some noize here.
Cosplay for 2013: Terezi Pyrope (with dragon cape)- Homestuck approximately 90% done.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2013, 12:41:00 pm »
Happy for you to join us~ : D

Do we have someone to run the shoot this year yet? If not would anyone like to volunteer? :0
'16 Cosplay

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2013, 07:48:50 am »
Aaaah. <3 I love all Terezi cosplayers, so I would love to meet up and at least say hi or something haha. c:

If nobody planned to yet or steps up, I'd be willing to do it.
I've never run a homestuck photoshoot before, but I've run other fandom photoshoots many times and also have panel and crowds experience. So if nobody else wants to do it I can run it (or if anyone needs help I can do that as well). I'm already running a photoshoot for a different fandom on day 1, so yeah. c:

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2013, 03:25:05 pm »
Hurrr....yeah Idk how to run a photoshoot...especially Homestuck :[ so I'm kinda out of that xP
Good News and Bad News.

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2013, 10:32:41 am »
i did have one more question that i forgot to mention before:
were any homestuck panels ever created? i looked in the panel thread but i didnt see anything. there were several last year so it seems weird that there wouldnt be one this year?

Offline ~LindsaySutcliff~

• Cabbit
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2013, 09:15:38 pm »
I was gonna go as john this year but I can't get the wig in time but I'm going to be walking around with a dave so if you see a geek boy (brief from panty and stocking) and a dave come talk to us
Another year come and gone ~
See ya'll next year, 4 days!
Be sure to look for me:
Roy Mustang
Soul eater Evans
Winry Rockbell
Death the Kid

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2013, 01:14:15 pm »
i did have one more question that i forgot to mention before:
were any homestuck panels ever created? i looked in the panel thread but i didnt see anything. there were several last year so it seems weird that there wouldnt be one this year?

My friend tj (Josh) Has a homestuck ask panel which should be on saturday
There is a hetastuck panel scheduled for sunday
and me and my friend are running a calliope and caliborn improv game panel. which should be scheduled for monday (Forum thread here [size=78%]https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=17785.msg780032#msg780032[/size] )

The schedule however is not finalized so time's may change. But it looks like there's 3 homestuck related panels being run this year.

Offline lolasangel

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Jamila Clarke Photography
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2013, 05:35:39 pm »
It'll be my first Kumoricon - so I'll probably just be a spectator and taking photos (let me know if you need a photographer - I'm a pro portrait taker and will be bringing my gear for private/group shoots).

Or if I work up the courage, I'll join the group God Tier Meenah. ;)
Kumoricon 2015

Trickster! Meenah - Homestuck
Rainbow Dash - MLP
Nonon Jakuzure (Regalia Grave) - Kill La Kill
Aisha Clan-Clan - Outlaw Star
[maybe] Garnet - Steven Universe

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2013, 09:25:39 pm »
It'll be my first Kumoricon - so I'll probably just be a spectator and taking photos (let me know if you need a photographer - I'm a pro portrait taker and will be bringing my gear for private/group shoots).

Or if I work up the courage, I'll join the group God Tier Meenah. ;)

Frick, by the looks of your icon on here I might try to pull you aside for some individuals. You look amazing bro.

Offline lolasangel

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2013, 12:09:59 pm »
Yay! I'll definitely have to dress up then. :)
Kumoricon 2015

Rainbow Dash - MLP

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2013, 08:03:13 pm »
I really need to get pictures of you guys. It's too bad I couldn't fit Homestuck into my schedule or budget, this would have been a lot of fun~
Not going. Very disappointed. But maybe next time. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2013, 04:18:07 pm »
I really need to get pictures of you guys. It's too bad I couldn't fit Homestuck into my schedule or budget, this would have been a lot of fun~

Heyoooo just because you're not cosplaying homestuck doesn't mean you can't chill with stuckies! If you run into a dead dirk or undyingumbrage come chat it up (Cause that's probs me!)

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2013, 06:42:38 pm »

Heyoooo just because you're not cosplaying homestuck doesn't mean you can't chill with stuckies! If you run into a dead dirk or undyingumbrage come chat it up (Cause that's probs me!)

Of course~! Depending on the day, I'm probably going to be in some overalls and have a long, black ponytail so that'd be me~

To hang out with you guys would be freaking awesome. I absolutely love it~ Still going to take a butt load of pics.
Not going. Very disappointed. But maybe next time. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2013, 12:17:23 pm »

I might bring kankri cause alot of people were telling me that I was a good kankri u//o//u

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2013, 02:32:58 am »
Hey ya'll! Gonna come as Nepeta and Pirate!Nepeta :33 But I am unsure which one I will do for the photoshoot.
Also, Sammy Sam, I'll help you run the photoshoot. I thought we did a decent job for the 50's stuck meet, so I'll gladly lend a hand if needed!

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2013, 01:39:59 am »
If ya'll nee some crowd control  or just a loud voice to get people to hear, I'll be more than happy to help with the shoot.
K-con 2015-
Lamento: Asato
KnB: Aomine Daiki
TnC: Gunji
Possibilities-
Something from persona, something from SNK, possibly DmmD?

Offline Zena234

• Oni
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2013, 01:47:13 am »
Hi everyone!  ;D  Just giving a heads up to everyone that I'm going as punk! Jane! My back up is Dave (Beta), and my friend will be Karkat and John! Can't wait to see everyone there!  ;)
2014 line up!!~
Day 0 (Might be able to make it) - Fem! Jake
Day 1 (Friday) - Dirk in his gasmask
Day 2 (Saturday) - mystery cosplay
Day 3 (Sunday) - Roxy

Offline andarahailsfort

• Oni
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2013, 02:03:45 pm »
Oh my goodness. This is gonna be a great year. *rolls around*
I'm so excited! :D I have my cape mostly done I just have to run around like crazy to get some stuff and then sew some stuffand I will be a Terezi.
Cosplay for 2013: Terezi Pyrope (with dragon cape)- Homestuck approximately 90% done.

Offline Lunes

• Cabbit
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2013, 11:38:33 am »
I'll be going as GT John I just need to figure out which day to wear him! So uh does anyone know when the photo shoot is? on the official photo shoot thread our day/time keeps changing.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2013, 07:42:14 pm »
@Lunes: The last I heard was that it was going to be on day 2 at 2 pm. But that could have changed by now ??? Usually there is some sort of shoot each day though.

I havent posted any progress on here. Today I started making Leprechaun Charm signs to carry around. Also, hopefully I will be able to touch up my vest a bit more since when I made it I made quite a few mistakes but dont tell anyone. shhh
'16 Cosplay

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2013, 09:17:11 am »
I bought a pair of Necomimi, felt guilty, and decided to cosplay dogtier Jade at the last minute to soothe said guilt.
I'm probably going to look terrible (flared skirts don't really complement my MASSIVE HULKING THIGHS AND HIPS) but I do not care.
Looking forward to seeing all the amazing cosplay! There were some GREAT cosplay last year - I remember one Sollux in particular who was amazing and perfect (I rememer this one person in particular since they also cosplayed a character from D. Gray-man in a beautiful and perfect manner).

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2013, 03:40:31 am »
Fun reminders to everyone

1. do not pull on god tier hoods
2. dont hug without permission
3. Do not pull on god tier hoods
4. don't pull any insults, I'll get all over yo ass. I have a katana embedded in my smuppet. k.
5. PLEASE DO NOT PUL L ON GOD TIER HOOD SHEJSKFAHIG I SAW SOMEONE DO THIS ONE TIME AND IM JUST NO THAT CAN SERIOUSLY CHOKE SOMEONE OK.

Anyways be nice and make sure to have fun k. Have fun or so help me I will accidently flirt w/ you trying to cheer you up.

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2013, 05:43:33 am »
@Mae and Saki: Help would be very appreciated! Yeah Mae doing the photoshoot for the 50s Stuck meet with you was good, so you're help would be great! And Saki someone who can help with the crowd will be wonderful. ;u; <3

Uhm, so the photoshoot on Day 2 (the main one I guess?) was going to be at 2pm. I think we agreed on the Gazebo since that worked nicely last year? However if that's the plan, we'll probably have to move the photoshoot to either 1pm or 4pm because there are already photoshoots happening there from 2pm-3pm/3pm-4pm.

Oh and uhm, also I'm really bad and progress posting. ;;;
However if I can get enough fabric, I'm going to be giving out scalemates on Day 2 while I'm ask Terezi. c:
I'll be pretty easy to spot, because I'll be God Tier Terezi with quite a few other God Tier trolls (so far definitely an Aradia, Karkat, Eridan, and Vriska.)

Also, just a question what is your guys' opinions on fantrolls?
I still am torn on what to cosplay for Day 3, and depending on how I feel/if I am in the cosplay chess my cosplay will vary.
But one of my options was possibly dressing as my fantroll, though I'm really nervous about doing that......

Offline tbjforever9

• Cabbit
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2013, 07:41:58 am »
I think having the shoot at 4pm would be good'??? Idk I'm good with p much anything.

I think fantrolls are really cool and creative!! I think it would be interesting for someone to cosplay theirs.!!

Also, progess. I've almost finished Meulin, I just need to fix up my wig a bit and finish my boot covers.
Switched to M-ayumii

Offline lolasangel

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2013, 02:15:05 pm »
4pm is good for me too. :)

As for progress, I'm starting on my God Tier robes for Meenah this week. Yay!
Kumoricon 2015

Rainbow Dash - MLP

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2013, 04:10:35 pm »
So according to the portlandstuck tumblr the photoshoot is at 4:13 at the Gazebo each day(?)
http://portlandstuck.tumblr.com/post/58094325181/reminder-kumoricon-homestuck-photoshoot
'16 Cosplay

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2013, 08:02:10 pm »
Well if the Portlandstuck people have it covered then that works.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2013, 03:42:37 am »
@tsundereprussian Omg yes. Do a fantroll pls

Also you guys, if there's any of y'all alpha kid cosplayers going in god tier on Saturday(Day1), you should find me. I'm going to be god tier dirk that day, and I'm bringing my handy dandy smuppet katana.
It'd be cool as hell to chill w/ some new people and get pictures together and ****. u//o//u

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2013, 12:31:11 pm »
I'm going to be Meenah for the previously mentioned panel on Saturday and will remain her for the rest of the evening ( http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma945hHi2S1rr893jo6_r1_1280.jpg ).

Morning of Day 2 I will be Aradiasprite: http://thejotaku.tumblr.com/post/46404831886/another-wip-of-aradiasprite-thanks-to-fivetail (but with white skin o'course)

This'll probably be my last Homestuck con ;.;
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline crystal~chaos

• Oni
    • Facebook
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2013, 09:20:28 pm »
Hey! this year I am gonna be cosplaying Jade Harley and
day 0-1 normal Jade harley
Day 2 is going to be crocker corps Jade and my john is joining me on that
Day 3 i am just gonna be doing casual Jade hope to see all you guys ^-^

Offline Liarino

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2013, 12:48:40 am »
I will be Mituna captor day one.
Sollux captor day two.
And perhaps Kankri Vantas day three.

Convention 2013
Sakuracon
Fanime
Anime Revolution

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2013, 09:22:00 am »
Quick update on plans (since I don't feel like changing the signature). ;u;

Day 0 I'll be Aranea.
Day 1 will be Latula (either if my stuff gets here then regular, if not then god tier) and then 3am Jade in the evening.
Day 2 I will be regular Terezi, god tier Latula and normal Latula.
Day 3 I'll be Kanaya with an Eridan for a while then some time later I'll change into my fantroll. ;;;;

Busy busy busy finishing my cosplays but I'll see you all at the con, the photoshoots and the Homestuck panel day one if you go! c:

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2013, 03:21:11 pm »
Well I was going to go to the Cosplay Contest at 3:30/4 /).(\ 4 would be fine for me. I'll still be Pokestuck John :3

As for progress, I am LITERALLY 99% finished with John. I still need to glue on a really easy part to the jacket and find my pokeball somewhere >>; I really hope I didn't lose it >^<
Good News and Bad News.

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2013, 09:55:17 pm »
so i finally got my tights on wednesday, and just finished making the armsocks for ms. paint today  ;D  ill be going to day 0, but only for a couple hours (im going to the lolita tea party in the park). just look for a ms. paint with BJD tights/ a lolita dress! im so excited omg