Author Topic: Battle Con Kumori: 2055  (Read 18989 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Battle Con Kumori: 2055
« on: September 12, 2005, 10:35:01 pm »
I figured I should make this its own thread. This will be a general sort of area until I start writing the actual story (which after meditation, shall go into the Fan Creations board). I'll be posting background segments, biographies, and mini histories here. So if you want to make any suggestions or requests this is the place.

Everyone remember that this is the dark cyberpunk future of 2055, where technology has gone far beyond man's ability to fully control it and the world of conventions is corrupt and few have hope.

Also most of us will be really really old by then so the main cast are either super heroic (Master Bahtonatu), our decendants (Goggle Squad Xenon), or cybernettically enhanced (The Pocky Club Shi).

Before I startmy recaps of what I've written so far, there has GOT to be a better word for Club in Japanese. They have a term for a group of fans right? It's gotta be out there somewhere....
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 07:17:31 am »
Zoku? xD

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Battle Con Kumori: 2055
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 10:02:34 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Before I startmy recaps of what I've written so far, there has GOT to be a better word for Club in Japanese. They have a term for a group of fans right? It's gotta be out there somewhere....

Well, if you're looking for the word schools use for Clubs, there's "Saakuru" as in Circle (of friends).

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 07:13:37 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Well, if you're looking for the word schools use for Clubs, there's "Saakuru" as in Circle (of friends).

Much better than the one I found. fankurabu!
Pocky Saakuru Shi! PSS?
Heh heh
Look out! PSS PMS!
*hides*

Now it's Neko_chan's turn
Here's the bio for the most feared member of the Pocky Club Shi,
 Kitakaze Kaitouneko, "Cat Thief of the North Wind"

Known for her cruelty, it is said that only Boss Tomu himself has a blacker heart than the daughter of the North wind. When she walks into the room everyone knows that there is going to be trouble. She has an explosive temper and seems to hate all men, this is made even worse by the fact that she has a body that makes even the coolest character drool. She never dresses in anything less than top fashions, and seems to get a wicked satisfactions from "reprimanding" those foolish enough to let their eyes trace her figure. She is rarely armed due to formidable skill as a martial artist, with a twitch of her fingers Nusu-sama extends crystaline monoblades from her fingertips. Capable of slicing flesh with the softest caress, her cybernetics include a harmonic field generator that can extend the cutting edge of her blades deep into whatever substance she gestures at. Coupled with military-grade, multispectrum cloaking Kaitou-sama moves among her targets silently and undetected. It is said that she often accompanies important Pocky Club members unseen, laying in wait for those that would prey upon the organization's lesser members. This rumour bears creedence for she has often appeared out of nowhere during the middle of convention staff meetings to give Boss Tomu's commands to the con chair.

Here's the other two I've done.

Akumu Yuri (The Nightmare Lily) if the second most feared member of Pocky Club's elite-force ninjas, the Pocky Sakuuru Shi. With the silence rivalling a hunting cat and the grace of cherry blossoms on a warm breeze, Nightmare moves throughout the convention doing the business of Boss Tomu. A Doctor of Psychology and Electronics, she is capable of driving her victim's slowly mad before finally executing them. Though she has a romantic side that enjoys classics of phobia exploitation and sensory deprivation, Nightmare has taken full advantage of the neurocybernetic revolution. Her top-of-the-line wifi headjack system allows her to tap directly into the brain of any target with a cyberjack and manipulate it with all the skill of a master puppeteer. One of her most artistic jobs was a Programming Director who refused to schedule the karaoke contest when he was told. The man began hearing everything that was said to him done in tone deaf sing-song with musical accompaniment, thanks to Nightmare's Manipulation of his inner ear. He now resides at a home for the mentally ill, where he was admitted after jabbing shards of a broken Ramune bottle in his ears to make it stop. It is said that Nightmare left the program in so that now the bad karaoke is all the man can hear.

Jewlius Tojiro is the leader of Goggle squad Xenon. Traced across his lithe frame are exotic tattoos, one for each of his many loves lost over the years. Their shapes seem to dance and look alive as Julius fights, the small figures leaping and striking each other. It is said that of the dozens of characters and animals that line his arms and torso, he has never allowed any to be placed over his heart. That is the place where he will place his final tattoo, for his heart cannot be true until his fight is won and the con is safe from injustice. He longs for the day where his loves name grace his chest forever. Until then he leads the squad from the front with passionate grace.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 07:24:33 pm »

Much better than the one I found. fankurabu!
Pocky Saakuru Shi! PSS?
Heh heh
Look out! PSS PMS!
*hides*

Now it's Neko_chan's turn
Here's the bio for the most feared member of the Pocky Club Shi,
 Kitakaze Kaitouneko, "Cat Thief of the North Wind"

Known for her cruelty, it is said that only Boss Tomu himself has a blacker heart than the daughter of the North wind. When she walks into the room everyone knows that there is going to be trouble. She has an explosive temper and seems to hate all men, this is made even worse by the fact that she has a body that makes even the coolest character drool. She never dresses in anything less than top fashions, and seems to get a wicked satisfactions from "reprimanding" those foolish enough to let their eyes trace her figure. She is rarely armed due to formidable skill as a martial artist, with a twitch of her fingers Nusu-sama extends crystaline monoblades from her fingertips. Capable of slicing flesh with the softest caress, her cybernetics include a harmonic field generator that can extend the cutting edge of her blades deep into whatever substance she gestures at. Coupled with military-grade, multispectrum cloaking Kaitou-sama moves among her targets silently and undetected. It is said that she often accompanies important Pocky Club members unseen, laying in wait for those that would prey upon the organization's lesser members. This rumour bears creedence for she has often appeared out of nowhere during the middle of convention staff meetings to give Boss Tomu's commands to the con chair.

Here's the other two I've done.

Akumu Yuri (The Nightmare Lily) if the second most feared member of Pocky Club's elite-force ninjas, the Pocky Sakuuru Shi. With the silence rivalling a hunting cat and the grace of cherry blossoms on a warm breeze, Nightmare moves throughout the convention doing the business of Boss Tomu. A Doctor of Psychology and Electronics, she is capable of driving her victim's slowly mad before finally executing them. Though she has a romantic side that enjoys classics of phobia exploitation and sensory deprivation, Nightmare has taken full advantage of the neurocybernetic revolution. Her top-of-the-line wifi headjack system allows her to tap directly into the brain of any target with a cyberjack and manipulate it with all the skill of a master puppeteer. One of her most artistic jobs was a Programming Director who refused to schedule the karaoke contest when he was told. The man began hearing everything that was said to him done in tone deaf sing-song with musical accompaniment, thanks to Nightmare's Manipulation of his inner ear. He now resides at a home for the mentally ill, where he was admitted after jabbing shards of a broken Ramune bottle in his ears to make it stop. It is said that Nightmare left the program in so that now the bad karaoke is all the man can hear.

Jewlius Tojiro is the leader of Goggle squad Xenon. Traced across his lithe frame are exotic tattoos, one for each of his many loves lost over the years. Their shapes seem to dance and look alive as Julius fights, the small figures leaping and striking each other. It is said that of the dozens of characters and animals that line his arms and torso, he has never allowed any to be placed over his heart. That is the place where he will place his final tattoo, for his heart cannot be true until his fight is won and the con is safe from injustice. He longs for the day where his loves name grace his chest forever. Until then he leads the squad from the front with passionate grace.

<333 Love them all! ^_^ What are we using all of these for anyway? Just.... for fun? Or some greater purpose?

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 07:27:14 pm »
I'm Jealous :P

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 07:42:16 pm »
Quote from: "Thejew"
I'm Jealous :P

Hey, if Goggle Squad Xenon didn't have super badass villains then their victories wouldn't be so compelling.

However, if you're jealous of Boss Tomu, you have every reason to be.
 :twisted:

"Waffles" Kincaid is coming up next.
Hmmm.... I wonder what his first name should be. Waffles of Goggle Squad Xenon is going to be the tough guy. Tortured past, bad history with women, wicked scars (not on the face though), tallest and strongest of the whole squad. You guys suggest some "american" sounding first names and then we'll put them to a vote.

Since it's not going to come up much, we could always use Waffles' REAL name if it is revealed.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 07:53:12 pm »
Since he has a "mean" past he is called waffles cause he got squished :P lol j/k up to him^^

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1433551/
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 09:12:37 pm »

Hmmm.... I wonder what his first name should be. Waffles of Goggle Squad Xenon is going to be the tough guy. Tortured past, bad history with women, wicked scars (not on the face though), tallest and strongest of the whole squad. You guys suggest some "american" sounding first names and then we'll put them to a vote.

Since it's not going to come up much, we could always use Waffles' REAL name if it is revealed.

I suppose I'll just make Waffles the uke...
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,
Tottaly sucks at not getting kidnaped

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 11:32:23 pm »
So THIS is the Pocky Club Shi I've been hearing about :P ! I know I'm not paying close enough attention to the boards when I have to hear about this from Neko and Tom's LJs  :roll:

Must find out more... A pocky club ninja squad is awesome!!! We shall go out and ninja in the night ^_~
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 12:25:15 pm »
my name is rob but waffles works

i would like to also be funny and hurray for walking sex god i love that part!!
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline the candyman

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 12:32:40 pm »
lol where does the random ninja fit in? *shifty eyes*
I AM PURE NINJA... but also owned by Thejew... and Waffles... T_T

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 05:45:28 pm »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/BlueRaine/2055.jpg < look it's Neko-chan's... character?   and erm... me?  *cough cough*  Think it's too cutesy for it's own good. (Neko-chan is on the left I'm in the floating t.v. O_O)
Sweet Times

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 05:50:02 pm »
Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/BlueRaine/2055.jpg < look it's Neko-chan's... character?   and erm... me?  *cough cough*  Think it's too cutesy for it's own good. (Neko-chan is on the left I'm in the floating t.v. O_O)
That floating TV is HAWT. :o
This picture is cute! ^^

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 06:08:32 pm »
Waffles is the Uke? When did this happen???

*Blank Stare*

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 07:01:55 pm »
I'm just looking at the charecter descriptions that he has posted and pondering how I can best fit you two into bad yaoi cliches.
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 07:04:35 pm »
HAHA

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 08:11:26 am »
hurray for yaoi stories

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 07:34:20 pm »
You know, I was trying to write up a simple dossier for Gilbert "Waffles" Kincaid but it turned into a frickin short story. Yeesh. I'll post in my livejournal and provide you all with a link when I finish. I'd post it here but its.... a little intense for the forum. I don't want to risk someone thinking it's NOT PG-13.

CLICK HERE for the whole thing.
Here's the ending..........

"Waffles awoke once more to blinding light and the woozy sensation of a drugged stupor. He felt the familiar chill of steel on his back, numbness in his legs, and the old burning itch on his back. Closing his eyes for a few seconds, he braced himself for what he expected to be a horrid replay of the last five years in Lily's thrall. Before his eyes opened though he felt a warm hand on the side of his head and a soft voice asking if he was awake. Slowly opening his eyes and looking toward's the voice, Kincaid saw a lithe man in a red T-shirt. The man dropped his hand and smiled, seemingly glad to see Waffles was allright. He introduced himself as Jewlius and thanked Waffles for saving his friend Livvy. The squad had arrived shortly he'd gone unconcious and Livvy dmenaded they try and save him. They were now  back at HQ and as safe from "them" as you could get. It didn't take long for Waffles to realize that Jewlius' team had saved not only his life, but his mind as well. Not only did they carry him back and stop his bleeding, but their cyber-whiz managed to detach all of Yuri's (which he found Lily's real name to be) mind probes and warez. Waffles agreed to join Goggle Squad Xenon by the end of the day.

He now wears his crosshatched scars proudly on his back as a reminder of the dark days that led him to his destiny. His cybernetic feet are painted offeset colors and bear both the ankle star and the familiar patterned sole that first earned him the nickname Waffles. He tries to lighten the spirits of his teammates with his old jokes but beneath the veneer of humor is a man driven to see justice done and the evils of Pocky Club purged from his home. "

*Waffles, I need let you pick in some examples of comedians for the part near the beginning.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 09:22:33 pm »
well well i will sure  read it!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 09:25:00 pm »
Good timing!
Be sure to pick some comedians so I can edit them in.

EDIT to AVOID Spamposting
I couldn't help myself..... Here is a teaser from the piece where I introduce the character based on Negima.....

"Why are we going up?" Asked Waffles as the doctor hit 4 on the hotel elevator.

"You wanted me to take you to where I do my research right?" Dr. Negu looked over hi slightly cracked glasses at Waffles, "Well that's where I'm taking you."

"Yeah but you said it was downstairs back at-" Waffles was interrupted by Jewlius' hand on his elbow.

"Let's just trust the doc on this Waffles." Jew made eye contact with Negu "He's one of the only staffers who's willing to talk about what's happened to Brownie and if he says we got to the 4th floor I think we should just trust him and wait." Dr. Negu smugly turned and began polishing his glasses on the cuff of his lab coat. Waffles nodded slightly to Jewlius and tightened his fists.

"Brownie's not the only thing'll that's going to be missing if this is a trap" he thought to himself, eyeing the back of the older man's head as they approached their destination.

3 little stars to the person who can guess where this will lead.
(No Hermisai, not hot yaoi action............at least not in my story)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 12:40:01 am »
O.O OMGOMGOMG aaaaaaaaawsoooooooooooooome.

And of cource the gay isn't going to be canon.  That would take out half the fun. or looking for unintentional subtext.  :wink:
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 12:52:10 am »
Quote from: "Hermisia_kitty"
O.O OMGOMGOMG aaaaaaaaawsoooooooooooooome.

And of cource the gay isn't going to be canon.  That would take out half the fun. or looking for unintentional subtext.  :wink:

Thank you. ^_^

If JK Rowling taught me anything it's that the fans love "unintentional subtext".

I hope you liked your cameo Hermisia, Livvy is going to be the name of your character. The pink dress was an allusion to your Peach costume.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 12:53:37 am »
Oh, I got that. *takleglomp of doom whut*  Oh my, I am so excited. I tingle.
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 11:24:17 am »
no yaoi well that just sucks lol

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 03:52:52 pm »
I couldn't help myself..... Here is a teaser from the piece where I introduce the character based on Negima.....

I like.  ^_^

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2005, 07:13:51 pm »
Here's the main part of Dr. Negu's write up. Since it's integrated with setting history and another group it may be longer than Waffles!

.........Hmmm.... I'm beginning to think that I should start editing my stuff to keep out spoilers. The above section with Negu and Jewlius and Waffles is supposed to be mysterious after all.

I think this first part will be OK though....

The Strange Case of Dr. Negu

Though not many people know his name, Dr. Negu is easily recognized throughout the convention. Many bumps and bruise gotten during set up are quickly dealt with by Negu's experienced hand. The doctor has been on staff longer than most though nobody's ever really gotten to know him. If you ask, there are few that honestly know his first name. Dr. Negu prefers the anonymity actually, it means that when he fades into the background at the convention, nobody notices. He's found that with the right accessories (a government badge or a military armband) his dingy labcoat and medical bag can be passed off as any number of cosplays. No one even questions the ever constant transistor radio and flashlight that he keeps with the thermometer and pens in his lapel pocket. This allows him to pass through the crowds quietly as he goes about his business. More importantly though it allows him to make his way into the more hidden parts of the hotel, where he does his real work.

Long ago Dr. Negu was an aspiring surgeon and one of the first in the city to get certified as a cybernetics specialist. Though he would be hard pressed to make them himself, the Doctor is exquisite in his technique when installing and attuning cybernetics to people's central nervous system. Even before med school Negu had been helping out around the convention though. He'd always liked anime and got along well with many congoers and staff, even if his studies at the Health Science University kept him busy.

Dr. Negu's current research began when he was doing work at the Veteran's hospital (conveniently near his University) as a graduate student. The army's first cybernetics were being granted to wounded soldiers whose terms were up. Negu saw first hand the difficulties that mass trauma in the flesh could cause in making the synaptic connections. A mangled arm was like a tangle of hair that had to be combed out before a piece of 'ware could be safely installed. One night he was begining a new surgery that was the first of it's kind for his facility, an eye implant. The soldier had received a blow to his temple that had shattered most of his ocular cavity and reached up into his frontal lobe. As Negu traced his filaments down to connect with the optic nerve, he noticed that the plating on the interior skull was not properly sealed. Wanting to avoid starting over completely Dr. Neg loosened the seal and began to adjust it. However, the mini ratchet caught one of the filaments when it screwed the panel in. When the patient awoke and had his implant activated he began to act strangely at times. The goevernment doctors found that whenever he looked up and 30' left he would spasm a bit and mumble incoherently. This was (almost correctly) diagnosed as electrical feedback and a control block was put in so the patient could simply not look that way.

This answer did not satisfy Negu and he went over his own personal records of the operation. The filament that had been caught in the paneling had indeed caused feedback, but it wasn't the eye's power source that was sending the signal, but impulses from the supposedly dead brain matter on the other side of the skull panel. At first Dr. Negu could not believe his findings, how could supposedly dead flesh process the electrical imput and then send back input of its own? He'd read the attempts of some scientists to rejuvinate patients that have died on the operating table through transplantation into cybernetic shells, but those had limited results and, of course, had been deemed illegal under most circumstances. Dr. Negu had never thought he would have anything in common with those sorts of "mad scientist" reanimators, nor did he plan to. However, it was a completely unexpected turn of events in another field of science that would change his mind. The cosplay contest of 2027.

*Soon to follow, the introduction of another mysterious faction at the con and the events that led Dr. Negu into the halls of mystery!*
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2005, 07:52:36 pm »
You guys should ask Meg/Imari to draw this.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2005, 08:21:10 pm »
Who's that? Nice tom!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2005, 08:24:05 pm »
^__^ It's Negima-sensei.

:o ohmygoawd. I want to know what happenss neexxttt!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2005, 09:28:44 pm »
Please forgive my scifi geekiness ramblings. I always feel awkward when I'm describing the setting and taking care of thos sorts of exposition bits in my stories.

The Strange Tale of Dr. Negu, part two.

Developments in technology did not just apply themselves to cybernetics in the early decades of the 21st century. Robotics made severalleaps in the fields of artificial intelligence, independant automation, and nanotechnology. While the first two had interesting impacts of their own, they are not the focus of the story's next chapter.

While somewhat of a misnomer, nanotechnology is the application of robotics to a microspocic scale. The primary use of such small robots is medical, while certain electrical and mechanic applications were also developed. The hope behind the development of medical nanobots was that one could injectthem into a patient's system and send them instructions by wireless broadcast. Having them suture shut internal bleeding without surgery, breakdown stoppage in the bloodstream, or even apply medication to specific parts of the brain in such subtle ammounts that the threat of overdose would be greatly diminished.

While most nanobots only lasted a short time and were issued in "doses" that the body would slowly break down and expell as waste. High quality nanobots were often kept active with certain low level radiation treatments that would charge the limited battery supply of the robots. These were only maintained by high class hospitals and medical research centers however and not available to the general public. In the spring of 2027 the first nano-injector was put on the market. Advertised as a disinfect and bandage in one, Nanosporin was a gell that you would coat a wound with that would dry into a sort of rubber cement like coating. The commercials for the product demonstrated the ease of use and advertised a painless removal as the nanobots would sever any hairs that crossed the adhesion membrane and would change the color of the gell from it's usual beige clarity to a darker brown opacity. "All the fun of picking a scab with no risk of infection" one commercial promised cheerily.

However the company's advertising campaign had to be scaled back later that year as some people applied the "bigger boo-boo, more medicine" approach with Nanosporin. Attempting to reattach limbs with some rather grisly results. The products were still available over the counter, but after a year on the market the general public was much better educated in their use, and their use was even integrated into most health classes on First Aid.

Nanotechnology had a huge impact on convention rules due to the "Combat Clause" added in 2024. That year a cosplayer had recently gotten a cybernetic hand and used its detachibility feature to simulate a character being maimed in a sword fight. The staff thought it would give the wrong idea to their patrons and began to make more clearly defined rules when it came to onstage combat. Of course the cosplay contestants always stretching the limits of the rules to the max. One such group was the Survival Horror Society.

In July of 2027 the Society held their annual campout and story swap in the abandoned Battery Russel at Fort Stevens State Park. Over the weekend they began planning out which characters they would include in their skit this year and which of their members had the right set of cybernetics to simulate the disabilities or mutations of the characters. One of the older members suggested that they do an implant free show this year and declare it so to the audience. That way their effects and costumes would be even more impressive. The aging horror fan brought out a tube of nanosporin and explained her idea to the rest of the society. As night fell they began doing test runs with the substance, giddy in the novelty of it's ability to mend up the most garish wounds they made. However none of their self inflicted injuries were too extreme, so the nanobots could do their job fine.

However, when it came to their performance at the convention they had more daring plans. With the idea of demonstrating an outbreak of the virus featured in Resident Silence, one of the Society members acted as a cult leader that would be attacked by her followers. Just before the y went on stage the cultists made strategic gouges in their bodies and coated them in nanosporin to halt the bleeding. A quick application of stage make up and then they were on. While onstage they would collapse and "become zombies" by peeling and tearing away the gell to allow blood to spurt and ooze forth in a gory and shocking display. The skit was a huge success even though the judges gave no award and ultimately disqualified them for making such a horrible mess on the stage without cleaning up after themselves.

They had planned to return to the stage with a shopvac and disinfectant but they never did. When the society stumbled woozily into the back corridor where the cosplayers made their way back to the seats, they were all to disoriented from blood loss. The group slapped their wounds and attempted to spread the nanosporin gell back over their wounds but it refused to seal. They had made several fatal mistakes. First was the application of stage makeup, it coated the gell so that it could not properly seal on the wounds once flaked off. The second mistake was the brand of nanosporin they purchased, in order to afford enough for all the cast members they had bought a brand made by a small, French Canadian generic drug company called Parasol. The Nanobots in the generic brand were less discriminant in their operations and instead of having high quality power supplies, they actually drained energy from each other to extend their life span. The final mistake was that all the members of the Society took part in the skit, not leaving any of them to get medical attention for the wounded.

Had they been less eager in their recreation of the scene and had one of them been willing to sit the skit out they might have won for their skit and probably all survived. There was a doctor in the house after all, one who had access to higher quality facilities and nanobots that could actually seal their wounds while their blood supply was replenished. However, as the Society wandered into the darkened back corridors of the hotel, Dr. Negu was busy laughing at the latest crossplaying musical number onstage.

The event was seen as their grande finale as a cosplay group, for the Survival Horror Society was never seen again and their fate was a complete mystery.

I honestly think we're going to have rules that specify "no blood loss onstage" and "no onstage deaths" in the future. Just imagine how badass a live (no pun) sepukku would be!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2005, 09:33:46 pm »
Dr. Negu is my hero...

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2005, 09:01:11 am »
very  nice!@

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2005, 03:37:39 pm »
Oh gawd I'm LOVING THIS.  ^_^

Thank you Tom.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

And just out of pure curiosity, how many people do know my real first name?  :twisted:
(Oh wait, Neko_chan I think I told you already)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2005, 04:36:49 pm »
Oh gawd I'm LOVING THIS.  ^_^

Thank you Tom.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

And just out of pure curiosity, how many people do know my real first name?  :twisted:
(Oh wait, Neko_chan I think I told you already)
D: No? If you did I totaly forgot... I don't even know your last name~
PM me mee! n_n I wana know.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2005, 09:23:24 pm »

<_<
>_>

Um.....
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 12:05:25 pm »
:o I like... so did not understand the fist two paragraphs. xP
But It's gooooddddd. :D

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 12:06:48 pm »
Time to wait for the SHS guys.. Hehe..
They should be very good to hear about!
Donations for Tom!!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 02:04:27 pm »
Quote from: "Thejew"
Time to wait for the SHS guys.. Hehe..
They should be very good to hear about!
Donations for Tom!!

The SHS won't be getting another bio piece because the rest of their back story will be introduced with Dr. Negu's in the storyline itself. Just like the history of Ronime Software, the Bronwyn 9000 Operational Protocol Computer, and International Rockstar //RUKI\\.

I mean, it's not as if MY story is just going to be a vehicle for goggleslash, I'm going to be trying to tell a story about the entire convention changing as the world slipped into the cyberpunk distopia.
Besides, that's the job of the fans.  :wink:

As far as donations, well, Pocky club does have a donation button for a reason. Since I'm the wallet behind Pocky club right now anybody who wants to shell out cash in appreciation for the story go right ahead. I'm not gonna argue, caffeine money lets me stay up later writing this craziness.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 04:53:17 pm »
Tom I will mail you 5 rockstars!!!
Start writing like crazy

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2005, 08:17:12 am »
yeah tom we will feed you!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2005, 09:15:51 am »

<_<
>_>

Um.....

"The prophecy has been written"  :twisted:

(Sorry, haven't been able to get online recently and the phrase came to mind awhile ago)

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2005, 12:57:11 pm »
It happened when he got tortured for years.  And theJew is like the leader and stuff, and what sort of leader like to (CENSORED) in the (CENSORED)?  Plus, the littleguy!Seme always has a special place in my heart.
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2005, 07:49:26 am »
i want  more story!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2005, 10:31:24 am »
Yes yes yes, I know.

We're getting into the territory that didn't come to me instantly when I got the concept for the story. Now I have to actually think of stuff and write it down, much harder than just transcribing thoughts.

Also I'm trying to get as much sleep as possible this week since i've had to budget less money for food. So...yeah, not as much time online.

So you guys know what's coming up next, DarkHobo and Ghudda. Though I'm not sure how much I'm going to write about both of them, they're going to have a connection that predates the squad but I'm trying to figure out whether to introduce both in one bio or do pieces from each point of view.

It also doesn't help that I have one gimmick for Ghudda and NOTHING else. At least DH has a quirky personality and a background charcter mentor. It'd help if ghudda posted....
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2005, 11:59:52 am »
If you need anyone to rapidfire some crackfic ideas at you, I'm your girl.
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2005, 02:29:34 pm »
ok well ghudda is the most care free man alive to tell you i am the one who gave him his name.....Ghudda +a mixture of ghandi and bhudda because he has both of thier enlightenment but hes not fat like buddah also a good way to understand ghudda is if you chopped off his legs he would be like "  hurray peg leg time!"  I created a religion about ghudda in a class of mine so if i find the story ill post it for you tom!

also ghudda is imortal  he was 121 years old when the universe was created that dosent mean he made the universe he was just around also yeah ghudda survies off of frozen burriots lol

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2005, 03:14:51 pm »
I thought you said 12....

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2005, 12:10:15 pm »
:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  i ment 12 hehe

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2005, 03:20:06 pm »
Waffles, are you going to email me the piece on Ghudda or do you want the rest of Goggle Squad Xenon to have half assed backgrounds?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!