Poll

When should the final playlist of AMV Contest be released?

Tell us all right now!
Two weeks before the contest.
One week before the contest.
24 - 36 hours before the contest.
Keep it a secret until during or immediately after the contest

Author Topic: When should the final playlist of AMV Contest be released?  (Read 6828 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:15:23 pm »

Some people want to know NOW, others think it's fun to keep it a secret.

What do you all feel?

Offline tsu

• Oni
Re: When should the final playlist of AMV Contest be released?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 05:11:08 pm »
If I had to pick, i'd say tell the editors and keep it a secret for the audience. (Thanks for the news blog by the way! I couldn't post while it was going on but I was reading.)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »
Another related question (not in this poll) is that JUDGE'S CHOICE has already been chosesn.
Right now I have at least one prize winner (and it kicks ass btw...)

Should I notify the editor privately?

I would want to wait before shipping a prize, because there is a chance that this entry will also win its category and may even go Triple Crown by picking up Best of Show, so I don't yet know how BIG a prize package the editor deserves yet...

- G
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:06:19 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 07:08:17 pm »
Normally I'm the type who wants to know right now, but with my 6 days work week I want to have something to look forward to.
Regarding your second question. If u know the editor isn't going to be there, then I might tell him/her. But to be honest, waiting is half the fun. You do have a good point though, you don't know what else he/she is gunna win, so as tempting as it seems, perhaps this information should be kept to yourself. (just my 2 cents)
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline tsu

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:12:57 pm »
Save the Judge's Choice. If they're at-con, it'll be so exciting to announce that. If they're not, and stand a good chance of winning multiple awards, might as well do it all together anyhow!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 04:54:54 am »
About 4 or 5 years ago, ONE time I let our some news early (and privately) was because one editor (& her family) were going to make a $$$ travel decision to come to the con or not BASED ON whether or not her AMVs would show up on the screen. THis wasn't airfare but it was a hefty drive, like coming in from Yakima or Spokane by car.

It would be disappointing to say - "No, all yours got cut" or worse, make the drive and then be disappointed on the screen, BUT I id have the pleasure of telling her that one of her AMVS -did- make the playlist. I cannot now remember which one it was or if it won a prize though...

Offline pic4arts

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 01:22:05 pm »
I would prefer to know the play list right now. My AMV will be released 1 week after the contest. So nobody would know it, if it would be in the playlist.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 10:03:12 pm »
About 4 or 5 years ago, ONE time I let our some news early (and privately) was because one editor (& her family) were going to make a $$$ travel decision to come to the con or not BASED ON whether or not her AMVs would show up on the screen. THis wasn't airfare but it was a hefty drive, like coming in from Yakima or Spokane by car.

It would be disappointing to say - "No, all yours got cut" or worse, make the drive and then be disappointed on the screen, BUT I id have the pleasure of telling her that one of her AMVS -did- make the playlist. I cannot now remember which one it was or if it won a prize though...

Confusion...
So is the person asking if theirs made it? Also, is the person in the same situation, like will only come if his/her amvs made it in? If so, totally tell him/her. (cause who wants to miss out on kcon...)
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 11:02:43 pm »
If I had to pick, i'd say tell the editors and keep it a secret for the audience. (Thanks for the news blog by the way! I couldn't post while it was going on but I was reading.)

I am definitely in this camp. It's fun for the audience to show up not knowing what to expect but as an editor it's super disappointing to show up and be told none of your videos have made it in. On the other hand, I think the Judge's Choice should be kept secret for exactly the reasons you explained.

:0 basically I wanna know if/which of my AMVs made it in now! I can't stop thinking about it!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 06:00:01 am »
OK - does anyone know how I can modify the poll to ADD the new option:

"Privately tell the editors only"

Offline Cenit

• Oni
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 06:39:40 am »

I am definitely in this camp. It's fun for the audience to show up not knowing what to expect but as an editor it's super disappointing to show up and be told none of your videos have made it in. On the other hand, I think the Judge's Choice should be kept secret for exactly the reasons you explained.

:0 basically I wanna know if/which of my AMVs made it in now! I can't stop thinking about it!
Signed.

Just tell the Editors already. Doesn't matter how. There is no need for new options. I don't wish to vote again. It's not important who won what - just who made it into the finals. Please stop teasing us countless times. I'm getting tired of this game.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 08:56:25 pm »
Just tell the Editors already.

DONE!

This is the first year I am trying it this way.
I have privately contacted ALL editors whose works were selected, and
tol them which works were chosen for which categories.

I hope that people (fand and editors) enjoy the results.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 11:49:48 pm »

I have privately contacted ALL editors whose works were selected, and
tol them which works were chosen for which categories.

I hope that people (fand and editors) enjoy the results.

Since no one has bothered to say this yet, CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT IN :D   
(seriously, had to be said)
In other news, this is exciting: http://activeanime.com/html/2012/08/02/crunchyroll-launches-streaming-anime-and-asian-drama-application-on-playstation3-systems-today/

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 06:32:27 am »
Thank you for your comments and poll input.
I have privately contacted all AMV editors whose
works were selected for the contest.

Admins may lock this thread.