Author Topic: Ancient Civilizations as depicted in anime and manga --> possible panel topic?  (Read 2933 times)

Offline updownclockwise

• Cabbit
I'm considering doing a panel on how ancient civilizations are depicted manga and anime. I'd be focusing on things like the depiction of the Hittites in Red River, Greek mythology in Saint Seiya, Greek history in Historie, Egyptian civilization in Hatshepsut and Daughter of the Nile, etc. Any other suggestions would, of course, be welcome.

I'd look at similarities in clothing, jewelry, architecture, pottery and other aspects of material culture, as well as historical accuracy.

Would there be any interest in this?

Would a panel on historical manga in general be more welcome?

Or alternatively, should I try a questions of social and political rights in video games type panel?
Sanaki // Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Tetra // Log Horizon
Yona // Akatsuki no Yona
Lymsleia Falenas // Suikoden V (Tentative)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
This would be a great panel, but I believe that the due date for panel submissions has passed.  I'd still recommend going for it, or at least looking into it.  They might make an exception, so at least shoot them an email, or something.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline updownclockwise

• Cabbit
The panel form says the due date is 16 June. Unless the form is wrong?
Sanaki // Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Tetra // Log Horizon
Yona // Akatsuki no Yona
Lymsleia Falenas // Suikoden V (Tentative)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Does it?  Honestly, I just know that it ends in June.  I was just under the impression that June 1 was the cut off date based off of that.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
Might be a bit late for this, but I'd be SO all over this. XD <3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
I would be interested in either of your proposed panels, but particularly the first.

If your interests include how the religious and/or spiritual practices of any of those cultures are portrayed, you would also be a good fit for / interested in attending the Religion in Anime panel. Feel free to PM for more info.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).