Author Topic: 2012 Panels - FAQ  (Read 8483 times)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
2012 Panels - FAQ
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:23:03 am »
Panel forms are now being accepted for the 2012 convention.  You can find the panel forms here.

Forms can be emailed directly to panels@kumoricon.org, or submitted at a general meeting.  You will receive an email that your panel form has been received.

Due to limited space, not all panels will be approved.  This is so we can try and provide the greatest variety of panels at the convention.  Also, please be aware that while we do our best to accommodate your request for room size and setup, we will schedule the panels that best fit our available space... so it may not be exactly what you requested.

Panelists will receive an email when their panel is approved for the con schedule.... most likely in July.

Panelists who have been approved for at least 2 hours of panel will qualify for a discounted panelist registration.  You can request the link for registration, and once it has been confirmed you qualify, it will be sent to you.

Real life can get in the way sometimes, so don't be concerned if it takes a week or so to receive a reply ;).

Stuff that pops up frequently -

• No, you cannot serve food/snacks/drinks in your panel.  No outside food or drink is allowed in con space.  All such items must be provided through hotel catering, and it is not cheap.  If you are really, really serious, you can email me, but I will try and talk you out of it :D.

• If you don't tell me what tech you need (sound, projector & screen, etc), I cannot guarantee it will be there for you panel. If you need tech, be sure to specify on your form.  And no, we don't supply computers... you need to bring your own.

• You can not sell stuff (food, goods, people) during your panel.  See above for food, artists alley for goods, and do I really need to explain the last one?

If you have any questions, you can post here or email panels@kumoricon.org.

2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Re: 2012 Panels - FAQ
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 10:40:49 am »
I need some help o.o
I emailed in the application for my panel, and I thought we were supposed to get an email back saying you had received said application
But I never got anything. So I emailed like 7 copies of the application to the email, but still got nothing.
Is there a way for you guys to tell me if my aplication even got sent?

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 01:34:40 pm »
Is something suppose to happen when you hit the email button?  I click the button and it seems like nothing is happening.
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem
Emperor Peony - Tales of the Abyss

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:56:13 pm »
i had a question regarding the possible room setups - does the theater setup include a table at the front for the panelists to sit at/place things on? or is there only a place to stand?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 01:49:15 pm »
Panel forms are now being accepted for the 2012 convention.  You can find the panel forms here.

Forms can be emailed directly to panels@kumoricon.org, or submitted at a general meeting.  You will receive an email that your panel form has been received.

Just checking in, as it's been nearly a month and I have not yet received an email confirming that my panel form for Doctor Who Fandom Celebration has been received. I'd be glad to mail or hand in a hard copy, if that's preferable.

Thank you so much for everyone's time, and I send you so much love and appreciation.
Rem.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:49:30 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 04:05:13 pm »
Just a note... we tend to do the emails in batches, so please don't expect an immediate reply.  Unfortunately, real life can tend to get in the way and it may take a bit longer than we would like.  We appreciate your understanding with the process.

That being said... as of today, an email has been sent to all panel forms we have received.  If you have not received a reply, we did not receive your panel form.  Please make sure that you are sending them to panels@kumoricon.org... that is the only valid email for panel submissions.

And to clarify... the emails you will receive are pretty much form letters.  Decisions on which panels are accepted/declined will made in early July, once we have all the info in.  Every one has an equal chance in their panel getting in... it is all dependent on time and space available.

Thank you for your patience :)

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 08:26:17 pm »
I'm just hoping it's not a first come first serve basis.  I used the fillable panel form more than a month ago and then tried to ask if something was suppose to happen when I hit the email button and no one really got back to me.  And now i have to fill out the forms for the panels again.......sad panda am I.
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem
Emperor Peony - Tales of the Abyss

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 10:18:06 am »
Yay! Thank you so much. With GameStorm and SakuraCon both constituting huge responsibilities between when I submitted my form and when I just got my letter (thank you all, again!), I was pretty sure everyone was just super busy multitasking. The thought I'd had personally was that when I tried to fill out the "doc" version of the form, for some reason I couldn't put check marks or x's in the boxes, and had included that info in text in the email accompanying the form, and hence wondered if that was ok or I should send in a hard copy, for staff's convenience. The email said everything looked ok, so that's sweet relief, and I am super excited to see what everyone comes up with for our 10th Anniversary.

Best wishes to Jamiche, Kyo, and everyone involved in playing event-and-panel-scheduling Tetris! It's thrilling that so many people want to be part of the content, and in such unique ways, and that our con culture is so open and accessible for anyone to propose both content and copanelists. Thanks, again.

2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 09:45:36 pm »
On the form, what are we supposed to put in the "Attended" parts? Do we say if we specifically attended last year and will be there this year?

Also, I'm wanting to have a space that is mostly open, with maybe some chairs along the walls. I'm wondering if that's possible? Or if it'd be ok during set up to move the chairs to the back and then move them back after the panel?
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 12:08:27 am »
I'm just hoping it's not a first come first serve basis.

It's definitely not a first come first serve basis. They try to balance out the variety of panels so that there is a broader variety of things to do.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 10:05:44 pm »
Just submitted my forms!  Same three panels as last year.  Here's hoping!   ;D

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 07:14:42 pm »
Just a note... we tend to do the emails in batches, so please don't expect an immediate reply.  Unfortunately, real life can tend to get in the way and it may take a bit longer than we would like.  We appreciate your understanding with the process.

That being said... as of today, an email has been sent to all panel forms we have received.  If you have not received a reply, we did not receive your panel form.  Please make sure that you are sending them to panels@kumoricon.org... that is the only valid email for panel submissions.

And to clarify... the emails you will receive are pretty much form letters.  Decisions on which panels are accepted/declined will made in early July, once we have all the info in.  Every one has an equal chance in their panel getting in... it is all dependent on time and space available.

Thank you for your patience :)

Thanks for all your hard work.  I have 5 ppl in my panel as hosts and we were wondering when I will be notified if we get the panel.  Thanks again

D

PS I'm such a dork....early July which it clearly says in your post.  Guess I'm just excited.  :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:13:49 am by Drauska »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 11:05:29 am »
I have a question reguarding set up with a panel, if it gets approved.
My boyfriend is going to be helping my panelists and I set up and clean up and stuff, and I heard that if he is just helping us zset up and such, he doesn't have to buy a badge. Is this true?

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 02:30:23 am »
We are sorting through all the panel forms we have received, and will be sending out replies in the next couple of weeks (so it will be closer to mid-July)... we appreciate all your patience

It's definitely not a first come first serve basis. They try to balance out the variety of panels so that there is a broader variety of things to do.
;D

Panel selection is not first-come, first-serve.  We sort through all the forms and pick out what we think will appeal to our attendees, and what we have space for.  As Washougal_Otaku said, we try to provide a variety, so if we have multiple panels doing the same thing, we may have to decline some to open space for other content.  My goal is to have a little something for everyone to enjoy ;)

On the form, what are we supposed to put in the "Attended" parts? Do we say if we specifically attended last year and will be there this year?

Also, I'm wanting to have a space that is mostly open, with maybe some chairs along the walls. I'm wondering if that's possible? Or if it'd be ok during set up to move the chairs to the back and then move them back after the panel?

We are asking for the attendance for last year, if you ran the panel before.  It helps us to gauge which room to put it in.  We ask that you don't move the chairs (that is what hotel staff is for).  Note your request on your form, and we will see what we can do.

I have a question reguarding set up with a panel, if it gets approved.
My boyfriend is going to be helping my panelists and I set up and clean up and stuff, and I heard that if he is just helping us zset up and such, he doesn't have to buy a badge. Is this true?

I'm not sure where that information came from, but in order to be in con space (which includes panel rooms) he would need to have a badge.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 08:39:06 am »
YAY! I am really looking forward to all the panels I aspire to be involved in this year. It's great to get an update with a sense of timing. Thanks for all the hard work by everyone in the Panels and Programming Departments!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 10:39:02 am »
Alright ^-^ Thank you

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 03:25:21 pm »
We are sorting through all the panel forms we have received, and will be sending out replies in the next couple of weeks (so it will be closer to mid-July)... we appreciate all your patience

;D

Panel selection is not first-come, first-serve.  We sort through all the forms and pick out what we think will appeal to our attendees, and what we have space for.  As Washougal_Otaku said, we try to provide a variety, so if we have multiple panels doing the same thing, we may have to decline some to open space for other content.  My goal is to have a little something for everyone to enjoy ;)

This is also why it takes as long as it does before con goers to see the schedule on the forums.  Programming does its best to sort out everything, then they run it by the panelists in order to make sure everything works out for them and they'd have a good idea on where they'll be at ahead of time.  (It was quite handy for me last year; I live within walking distance of the con site, so I looked around the hotels a couple of weeks before it was con time so that I would know for sure where to go.)
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 12:03:58 pm »
I was wondering if I could switch the email I gave with my panel. My current email that I used in the application for the panel got hacked and has stopped working. If someone could email me on my other email if the panel gets approved, that would really help out ^-^; thank you.

Old email : kjensen33@live.com
Panel name : Plus Sized Cosplay
New email : kirbyness420@live.com

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 11:24:36 pm »
Hiya!  I'll be hosting or cohosting three panels (two on filking and, of course, the Fanfiction Bedtime Stories), and I was wondering how to get that link for discounted registration?  Also, would my fiance be eligible as well?  He's become my unofficial soundboard assistant at my last few cons, but he wasn't officially on my panel forms.  Thank you!

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 09:31:49 am »
Hiya!  I'll be hosting or cohosting three panels (two on filking and, of course, the Fanfiction Bedtime Stories), and I was wondering how to get that link for discounted registration?  Also, would my fiance be eligible as well?  He's become my unofficial soundboard assistant at my last few cons, but he wasn't officially on my panel forms.  Thank you!

I am also curious about this process, and whether I qualify. Presently I am registered as staff, but if I can't find a cat sitter and will be commuting back to Eugene each night, I would have to consider whether I can find 16 hours to provide at con around the timing of my panels. I'm lead panelist on the 2-hour Doctor Who Fandom Celebration, copanelist (with FilkAeris as lead) on the Fanfic Bedtime Stories panel mentioned above (which I believe is also 2 hours), copanelist (with Guy Letourneau as lead) on Religion in Anime (which I believe is also 2 hours), and copanelist (with Ashley Butler as lead) on Gaming Glory Stories (which I believe is also 2 hours); hence, 8 hours of panels. Thank you very much for your consideration. I aspire to have whether I can uphold a staff commitment and/or whether I can access a panelist discount sorted out by the time of the meeting on Sunday (albeit I do not know if I will be working or able to attend the meeting).

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 02:24:33 pm »
How much is the discount?
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 06:22:06 pm »
We offer a discount panelist registration of $20 if you do 2 hours worth of panel.  Once your panel is approved, you can request the link.  Once we verify that you qualify, we will send it to you to register.

I am also curious about this process, and whether I qualify. Presently I am registered as staff, but if I can't find a cat sitter and will be commuting back to Eugene each night, I would have to consider whether I can find 16 hours to provide at con around the timing of my panels. I'm lead panelist on the 2-hour Doctor Who Fandom Celebration, copanelist (with FilkAeris as lead) on the Fanfic Bedtime Stories panel mentioned above (which I believe is also 2 hours), copanelist (with Guy Letourneau as lead) on Religion in Anime (which I believe is also 2 hours), and copanelist (with Ashley Butler as lead) on Gaming Glory Stories (which I believe is also 2 hours); hence, 8 hours of panels. Thank you very much for your consideration. I aspire to have whether I can uphold a staff commitment and/or whether I can access a panelist discount sorted out by the time of the meeting on Sunday (albeit I do not know if I will be working or able to attend the meeting).

Talk to me at the meeting, and we can work something out.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 12:47:59 pm »
We offer a discount panelist registration of $20 if you do 2 hours worth of panel.  Once your panel is approved, you can request the link.  Once we verify that you qualify, we will send it to you to register.

Talk to me at the meeting, and we can work something out.
Thank you. I am not sure whether I will be at that meeting or the one on the 18th, but I will PM you as well as speaking with @random as to whether he would have enough coverage if I were to volunteer for, e.g., 6 hours instead of staffing for 16.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:49:06 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »
hello,
I have a question about getting a panelist badge? I am hosting a 3 hour KH panel this year, and I tried to message them back about it, and i've been waiting for a few months now. I just want to know who I want to message to get that badge going! Thanks!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 03:51:50 pm »
Who do we contact about the discount if we've already pre-registered (months ago)? I'm fine with paying the full price on the badge, but I believe I qualify with offering over 2 hours of panel time.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 10:57:20 am »
Re: Panelist registration

Emails have been sent to the people who have requested the information.

And just to clarify - the panelist registration is not a free registration, it is a discounted registration for running 2 hours worth of panels.  You are eligilble for one discounted reg for each 2 hours of panel... so if there are 3 of you running a 3 hour panel, there is only one registration allowed.

The panelist badge is a regular attendee badge that happens to say panelist - there are no other perks other than the discounted registration price.  All panelist badges must be picked up from the Programming Office at con, you don't get it early.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 12:32:41 am »
wait, so can I get my badge on day 0? or do I have to wait till the day of my panel? cuz then i would rather just pay the full prize for the badge :/

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 09:11:59 am »
The registration is an online registration (we send the link to people who qualify for it.)  You would be able to pick it up on Day 0, you just pick it up from the Programming Office and not Registration.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 06:47:15 pm »
And if we sent a email about it to registration and were told to send it to programming, which I did, and still haven't gotten an email back?
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 08:20:13 pm »
oh alright, yeah i already paid for it and everything. I just wasn't sure if it was only for that day that i had the panel! Thanks! :)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 10:53:08 am »
Had a small question a friend of mine told me we get pannelist bages? do we get those when we check in or do we not ive havent done a pannel for kcon so I m unsure. Ty

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 11:11:53 am »
Ellis ^-^ I has a question about the discount.
Do I qualify for the discount? I'm cohosting the CosFluff panel, and if I do qualify,  can I use the discount for my boyfriends badge instead of my own since I've already paid for my badge months ago. He will only likely be there for the panel because he has to work, and that's it.
Also! Is the pannelist a new badge or just your normal con badge with the word panelist on it?

Where will the programming office be?

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 01:54:43 am »
So, to reiterate:

A panelist registration is a discounted registration for those panelists who run at least 2 hours of panel.  2 hours = 1 panelist reg.  So, if there are 2 people running a 2-hour panel, you only qualify for one reg.

The panelist badge is a regular attendee badge with the word "Panelist" on it.. nothing fancy.  Panelists badges must be picked up in the Programming Office (which is on the third floor, same place as last year.)

If you want to know if you qualify for a panelist registration, please email panels@kumoricon.org.  Don't post here.. you won't be answered here.

Veraca - sorry about that, I thought it had been replied to.  Sent you a reply.

(Typo fix in email - @random)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:37:31 am by @random »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2012, 12:50:08 pm »
So, to reiterate:

A panelist registration is a discounted registration for those panelists who run at least 2 hours of panel.  2 hours = 1 panelist reg.  So, if there are 2 people running a 2-hour panel, you only qualify for one reg.

The panelist badge is a regular attendee badge with the word "Panelist" on it.. nothing fancy.  Panelists badges must be picked up in the Programming Office (which is on the third floor, same place as last year.)

If you want to know if you qualify for a panelist registration, please email panels@kumoricon.org.  Don't post here.. you won't be answered here.

Veraca - sorry about that, I thought it had been replied to.  Sent you a reply.

(Typo fix in email - @random)

^ Thank you so much for your time and awncering my question I did not know that ^^ so this has helped me out alot ty agian