Author Topic: I"s cosplay help  (Read 4337 times)

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
I"s cosplay help
« on: April 13, 2006, 10:28:44 pm »
I'm going to be going as Iori Yoshizuki from I"s. I realize not many people will recognize me, and there probably aren't many who have read the series so in order to make it more obvious as well as more interesting I am going to try and add in a prop- an oversized notebook.
Here's what it looks like
http://i2.tinypic.com/vfb7rl.jpg
I can write and read Japanese so I won't have any problems with labeling it, but in case anyone else might know I have a few questions. Any idea what color its supposed to be? I've read the entire series but can't remember a color picture of it or it being specified. If there is none what would be a safe color to go with, and where could I find a notebook like this?
I was thinking it'd be fun to have, so on the last day I could go around having people sign it or something. But I remember signing something with a sharpie last year and it ruining the gloves I was wearing (I was Edward Elric). I think I'll go ahead with that idea anyway, because most people probably are more coordinated than me and wouldn't have that problem n_n;; Anyway, thanks for your help with my obscure cosplay needs :B

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 07:39:41 am »
Well, I have read some of it (As I was a huge fan of Video Girl Ai, and this is by the same manga-ka), and as far as I can tell, from the shading, it should be either red or brown. Maybe a redish brown?

I don't remember any color pictures of it, either, but I think those guesses are accurate as can be.

Offline NarutoNoJutsu

• Cabbit
    • http://www.machan.deviantart.com
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 02:32:13 pm »
If you think about it, any color could work, because if you have read all the manga, and everything and never seen or found reference to the color of the note book, you can't be wrong with any color you do. Because if you don't know the color how is any one else going to?

I'd suggest a light color, like a tan or as Dustin said, red or brown. Though it can be any color, I am sure you wouldnt go with black or white because of the shading in the manga scan. That way the writting you will be doing on the cover is easily noticable, as for somewhere to get a note book of that size, try... an art store, micheals perhaps? I don't know if they sell art books there, any large art or craft store should have a variety of note book sizes, the only thing to worry about is they can get quite pricey and the binding may not be the way you want it or may be on the wrong side for the size of note book you want.

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:21:09 pm »
If I remember correctly it was red
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 09:02:16 pm »
Quote from: "Givon"

Where did you see that? :0

@Dustin & NarutoNoJutsu: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind while finding one if I am not able to find the exact color

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 09:25:29 pm »
Quote from: "sumomo_san"

@Dustin & NarutoNoJutsu: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind while finding one if I am not able to find the exact color

My friend was skimming through some pics of I's and I saw it was red.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 07:55:42 pm »

My friend was skimming through some pics of I's and I saw it was red.

Really? Cool. I"s isn't very mainstream/popular (yet?) so I haven't been able to find much images or anything related to it

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:02 pm »

Really? Cool. I"s isn't very mainstream/popular (yet?) so I haven't been able to find much images or anything related to it

yea....but me friend tis obsessed with it -_- really realli obsessed....lol. Just like every new anime/manga she gets her hands on ^_^

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 01:30:56 am »
I was debating if I should go as Iori as well, since my hair style looks exactly like hers anyways.  

As for the note book, I'm sure it's not black, any other color would work, I think.

Edit: so it's red, red will work fine.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 07:29:23 pm »
Ahhhh no there can't be another Iori, you'll totally upstage me! D: I hate bangs, I refuse to have them, so my hair won't be perfect

Offline BakaBishonen

• Sailor Scout
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 07:33:28 pm »
aww dont feel bad we'll just call u the azumanga daioh girl thats what it totally looks like ~!, nice sig btw^^
zero kiryu - 95% done

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
I"s cosplay help
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 12:18:18 pm »
Ahhhh no there can't be another Iori, you'll totally upstage me! D: I hate bangs, I refuse to have them, so my hair won't be perfect

don't worry, I don't think I'm gonna do it anymore, this year's gonna be more about crossplay :wink: