Author Topic: More Hopey-Changey stuff: Hostess files for Bankruptcy  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
More Hopey-Changey stuff: Hostess files for Bankruptcy
« on: January 11, 2012, 10:01:29 am »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: More Hopey-Changey stuff: Hostess files for Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:13:52 pm »
Lame sauce :-(  in a pinch they make a good base for strawberry short cake
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:41:35 pm »
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:21:16 am »
^ Perfect picture. :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:35:41 am by @random »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 01:42:23 pm »
As if I didn't have reason enough to not vote for Obama, this is the proverbial straw the broke the proverbial camel's back!

Hostess in Bankruptcy, say it ain't so! Say it ain't so!
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:46:17 pm »
As Obama can only propose things that congress will inevitably shoot down or mutilate beyond recognition; I think we should all recognize the true source of our woes.  Grand-parent aged babies who are only good at whining, backstabbing others, and putting their own playpens first.  It's our own fault for not electing officials who will strive to reform our representation system to allow true democracy to flourish in this new age of information and communication prosperity.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 12:06:10 am »
My dad and I are HUGE Hostess eaters, so we've been following this ever since it was just a wee rumor. It's so depressing, it actually made me forget my diet for a moment and get a feel-better pie (I'm partial to cherry myself). What's really killing me right now is that Kodak filed chapter 11 yesterday. ( http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/former-trailblazer-kodak-files-for-chapter-11-1.3463160 ) I really have always liked Kodak film best (and the song Kodachrome). And I was just informed of this..... http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20120120/BUSINESS/201200322/Popular-file-sharing-website-Megaupload-shut-down

Ok so seriously 2012 was the end of the world? Between the 3, I might as well just crawl into bed and sleep through the rest of the year.
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 11:21:09 am »
You know it's funny at first i thought Obama was to blame but then a friend of mine Peach Wookiee told me she did a little online snooping about Hostess. And it looks as though there may have been some mismanagment at the top. Ahh, that old demon known as corporate greed. it'll do the trick evry time.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 03:44:45 pm »
Wait what? You mean the President isn't really personally responsible for every company that bankrupts itself!? That is crazy talk!!!!1111!!!!
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:29:10 pm »
Wait what? You mean the President isn't really personally responsible for every company that bankrupts itself!? That is crazy talk!!!!1111!!!!

I was wrong not everything is the President's fault. Sometimes company execs shoot their own company in the foot.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 08:19:20 am »
I can't take the WSJ seriously anymore. They used to give my economics class in high school free copies every day (but then mysteriously stopped, hrmmm).

Also one of their bloggers swore he knew a billionaire who got 2-3 hours of sleep a night and worked hard every day, and had been doing it for ten years. Yeah, he'd be dead by then if that was true.

Granted, it was one of their bloggers, but the fact that they have a blogger who makes such ludicrous claims is ridiculous.
"Would you kindly. ."