Author Topic: online cosplay shopping help  (Read 2712 times)

Offline kaylakamikaze

• Cabbit
online cosplay shopping help
« on: November 02, 2011, 10:55:29 pm »
so i have 2 cosplays i want to try this year ash from black butler and will of the abyss from pandora hearts i have limited sewing skills and a very full year of school and work what are some good websites to purchase cosplays that arent scams or horribly constructed
kumoricon 2012

day 1 Ash - black butler 0 percent
day 2 Will of the Abyss - pandora hearts 0 percent
day 3 Eruka - soul eater - 95 percent

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
Re: online cosplay shopping help
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:38:04 pm »
QQCosplay
HelloCosplay

those are pretty much the only two I trust.... plus they both make the costumes to your size... HelloCosplay is usually a bit cheaper though.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 04:07:01 pm »
QQCosplay
HelloCosplay

those are pretty much the only two I trust.... plus they both make the costumes to your size... HelloCosplay is usually a bit cheaper though.

I agree with Neko.  I got my Vash Red Duster Jacket from QQCosplay and it was great and not made from cheap material.  The price was reasonable and the delivery was quick.

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 05:03:36 pm »
On another note DO NOT use Milanoo... they messed up my order 3 times (all the same order) took over 2 months to get sent me the wrong item then sent me the wrong size the manager was rude and I had to open a case with the Better business burro to get my money back.

Offline kaylakamikaze

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:27 pm »
I bought my Eruka cosplay from cosplay magic and it was decent but the pants were all wrong the wrong color the wrong size so i just wore black leggings and i paid when it was all said and done about $140.00
kumoricon 2012

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 06:38:28 pm »
Yeah Cosplay magic messed up the pants for my naruto cosplay they were 3 sizes bigger than i asked for O.o not to mention the wrong shade of orange...

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 07:42:08 pm »
All my cosplay are from milanoo. my lolita my akaito everyone one i ever owned i got from Milanoo. they are good ^^ enough for me. my only issues is the pants but thats becuse of my hipps :p

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 07:45:30 pm »
Not that buying costumes off a cosplay site is a bad thing, but you might want to try your luck with actual commissioners on cosplay.com. The forums have reviews for all the commissioners, and their prices are probably reasonable for whatever costume you want commissioned.
 Also, some advice. Never use Milanoo. Most, if not all of their reviews are negative, save for the reviews they write about themselves. I've also heard Cosplayfu is linked to Milanoo, so you might want to avoid them, too.
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline kaylakamikaze

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 08:08:39 pm »
I did want someone to commission my Will of the Abyss cosplay...i just have a fear of being ripped off. and I know not to order from milanoo that is the first thing I learned getting into cosplay. my classmates kairi cosplay looked horrible.
kumoricon 2012

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 08:16:36 pm »
I did want someone to commission my Will of the Abyss cosplay...i just have a fear of being ripped off. and I know not to order from milanoo that is the first thing I learned getting into cosplay. my classmates kairi cosplay looked horrible.

I must have very good luck with them then becuse all my cosplay from milanoo are amazing i have photos to show. from akaito down to my lolita and my know my friends Sakura from tsuabasa

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 08:53:35 pm »
^ You're not alone.  Chan has gotten many things from them, not just cosplays.

I've been looking at HelloCosplay for a possible cosplay that I've been wanting to do for many years, and that an eBay dealer failed horribly on.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 08:57:17 pm »
Hello cosplay is so nice just send them and email and the respond pretty quick and you can give them your measurements and they will make it so it fits and if somethings wrong they replace the item

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 02:21:36 pm »

I must have very good luck with them then becuse all my cosplay from milanoo are amazing i have photos to show. from akaito down to my lolita and my know my friends Sakura from tsuabasa

The thing about Milanoo is their inconsistency. I've seen some people get really great things from them, but a lot of people have gotten really ripped off too. You never know what you're going to get, so I'd avoid it altogether unless you can afford to blow a lot of money if something goes wrong.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 06:22:11 pm »

The thing about Milanoo is their inconsistency. I've seen some people get really great things from them, but a lot of people have gotten really ripped off too. You never know what you're going to get, so I'd avoid it altogether unless you can afford to blow a lot of money if something goes wrong.

if soemthign gose wrong i always contact them and send photo of the product they sent me. and the refund me and i go get something els that is what i did before when something did come out right they are really good at doing that i ve just never had and issue with my cosplay expect for pants (and thats becuse of my hips and buttons

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 03:30:15 pm »
I bought my Ciel costume from a seller on EBay, and it's wonderful.
But the Miku costume I bought is, for lack of a better word, ****. Then again, it was only $40.
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 04:31:05 pm »
I think for ebay in general there is a lot of touch and go. I've commissioned a lot from ebay and never had a problem, but some of the photos for other cosplays from the same ebay commissioners look pretty bad, and a lot of people don't hold much stock in ebay cosplays (sometimes for good reason). Another thing is just to do a lot of specific research. A lot of people will see the same stock photo on two different websites, or an ebay and a website and assume the picture is stolen. It could be, but remember that it could also be run by the same company. Some great commissioners on cosplay.com are always happy to help. I'd recommend cosplaymandy or Azayakachan.

Here is a commissioner review thread from cosplay.com

People review various websites so we can all get a better idea of what we're getting into.

HAs anyone actually bought anything from Cosplayfu? I'm wondering how their stuff comes out.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:32:41 pm by CyberIncision »