Author Topic: Costume questions  (Read 7179 times)

Anonymous

Costume questions
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:28:31 pm »
I've got a couple questions I'd like to drill y'all on.

How many different costumes have you worn to anime cons and who have you dressed as?

Who do you plan on cosplaying as next?

I've cosplayed so far as Duo, Tracey and Lloyd and next year, I plan on dressing as Zelos.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Costume questions
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 11:19:34 pm »
Um. THis con I had 3. But I own 4.
School Girl, Ken from L'Arc~en~Ciel and Dejiko from Digi charat.

Hm... I don't know really. I have too many costumes I'd want to do...

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
Costume questions
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 11:30:01 pm »
This was my first convention so I only cosplayed as one person all three days (I was an Inuyasha ^^;)  And next... I don' really know but I'm sure I'm going to cosplay next year ^^
"However long the night may last, the dawn will always break."
"He thought they were the most beautiful birds in the world, the he found out they were only seagulls." ~Maude: Harold and Maude

Anonymous

Costume questions
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 12:02:59 am »
I'm not a guest here. My name here's PaladinCecil. Sorry about the confusion. I didn't type in my user name when posting this topic because I thought my name would show up without typing it in.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Costume questions
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 12:38:12 am »
This was my first con so I only did one Costume: Greed.

I'm already thinking about what I'll do for the next con I go to, though. I'll improve my greed costume, probably make a Rock Lee (or Gai sensei) costume, and most likely a Lupin III costume.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
Costume questions
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 02:04:56 am »
*hides face in shame*  I haven't actually done any real cosplay at cons.  I'd love to, but I haven't really had the funds.  

We're still coming up with ideas for next year though, finances permitting.  ^_^
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Costume questions
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 04:26:31 am »
I've done four proper cosplays...

The first was Nash from Lunar: Silver Star Story, a rather typical non-warrior fantasy anime outfit. My mother made it; it turned out pretty well. (2000)

The second was Hiro from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, but it's been retired. It was my first attempt at a costume by myself, and I botched it, as well as made the stupid decision to use polyester, which SUCKS to wear. >_< (2001)

Third was Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean, a flashy fantasy warrior with the fun addition of plush dragon heads. Commissioned. My favorite costume overall. ^_^ (2002)

Fourth and most recent is Shannon Kasull from Scrapped Princess, a fantasy warrior costume with rennaissance influences and a bizarre tunic pattern. Sister did the tunic (with much cursing ^^; ). I made the cape, belt, boots, pants, and ponytail, and I'm darn proud of it. (2003)

...In 2004 I kept myself busy creating, replacing, and improving cosplay accessories for existing costumes (mostly Ashton). This year I have been too broke to begin my next project just yet. :?
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Sesari

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=sesari
Costume questions
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 12:04:15 pm »
Radien, your Ashton costume is marvelous, and I'm sorry that I missed the Shannon one, especially since your sister worked so hard on it!

You may or may not remember me, but I'm one of the two weirdoes who chatted with you a bit on Saturday night before the Japan Idol thingy, and then sat with you through part of it. Great singers, great times! We're gonna check out your mod once things get a little less busy around here.  :wink:

Offline Kilik

• Cabbit
Costume questions
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 12:11:31 pm »
T'was my first con and durr...went as Kilik from SC II

Sakuracon this spring I'm either going as Gene Starwind, Trunks, Seymore (FFX),  or Auron (FFX). It really depends on why my friends want to group as. I know one plan was Great Sayaman, Pan, and Trunks. If we could get enough we're gonna do the Onten Seven, or the crew of the Outlaw Star. I'd do Gene only if I have enough time to properly create his castor gun.
"Kali-yuga show me the path!"

Offline Roy_in_a_skirt

• Sailor Scout
Costume questions
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 12:38:44 pm »
This was my first con and I cosplayed as Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist. Somehow I wound up in a skirt on Monday, so I guess that could be considered a separate costume. ^^

For the next con I go to I'll probably cosplay Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi.
Kumoricon 2005 I went as Roy Mustang and wore a skirt on Monday with a note saying "I lost a bet with Hawkeye" attached to it, hence the username.
'06: Shuuhei
'07: Doumeki Haruka
'08: Kurogane
'09: Wolfwood (sort of)
'10: Gakuran-style uniform

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Costume questions
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 12:50:42 pm »
This was my first convention and I went as the same person for Saturday and Sunday - Shadow the Hedgehog. ^^

Next year I`m hoping to go all three days. And I`ll probably be Shadow again. It`ll save money.  :wink:

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
Costume questions
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 12:54:29 pm »
@ Roy_in_a_skirt  
   I was walking around the convention when I had to stop for people to pass and I saw you standing in line to get refreshments, I was right behind you ^^ lol.    I was like "OMG!!  Guy in a skirt!!  O.O."  I didn't take a picture (I didn't have meh camera) but I did see you and your skirty goodness. lol.  Loved your costume XD
"He thought they were the most beautiful birds in the world, the he found out they were only seagulls." ~Maude: Harold and Maude

Offline Roy_in_a_skirt

• Sailor Scout
Costume questions
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 01:04:34 pm »
@Moraela: *GLOMPS, GLOMPS, GLOMPS*
Kumoricon 2005 I went as Roy Mustang and wore a skirt on Monday with a note saying "I lost a bet with Hawkeye" attached to it, hence the username.

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
Costume questions
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 01:31:17 pm »
@Roy_in_a_skirt
  *Glomp*  ^^  I'm amazed at how little time it took you to make an outfit that looked that good (Only fourteen hours?! O.O)  And with no previous sewing experience!  *Bows*

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Costume questions
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 01:36:51 pm »
I went as Lupin III the first day and then I just didn't feel like cosplaying the other days.  My Sunday outfit was a /barely/ attempt at Jounochi from YuGiOh.  I was going to go as GTO on Sunday, but didn't get around to getting a wig.  I kind of wished I had redone the Lupin III costume for Sunday, but my blue dress shirt was all sweaty and gross from Saturday and I didn't want to wear it again. ick.

Last year I dressed up as Duke Togo aka Golgo 13. (but nobody really knew that character...)
The trick is not minding.

Offline Roy_in_a_skirt

• Sailor Scout
Costume questions
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 07:32:02 pm »
@Moraela: *glomps back* Thanks!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Costume questions
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 10:24:39 pm »
for myself at cons ive only dont white mage and i-no, though senior year of highschool i did have a pritty nice yuna for halloween,  and i did some stuff for a alice in wonderland themed party. AND ive done stuff for midnight showings (lotr elf, starwars twilik).....its sort of cosplay.

next im going to be doing din (zelda, own design)
and the queen of the universe (katamari damacy  O_O`)
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Costume questions
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 12:55:20 am »
If I ever get my stomach down enough, I plan to go as Jirarudan from Pokémon. I'm already working on his image song.

But since I don't know when I'll be down enough to fit a costume with a straight drop line, I'm not sure when I'll be able to do this.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Costume questions
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 11:33:28 am »
I have Kurogane from Tsubasa and Chad from Bleach and Zabuza from Naruto(didn't wear this year) I want to work on Batou and Larva, but we'll see.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
Costume questions
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 07:11:20 pm »
@ Roy_in_a_skirt

O.O *Looks at all the glompity goodness and squeals*

O.o We just strayed off topic ^^;
    I wanna go to the next convention as my original character!