Poll

What would you consider the most annoying thing at an anime convention?

I lost the game
97 (44.9%)
How do I get into voice acting?
19 (8.8%)
Two thirds of the cosplays being the same characters
46 (21.3%)
Autograph lines taking too long
9 (4.2%)
Other (specify)
45 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 214

Author Topic: Most annoying thing at an anime convention  (Read 471088 times)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
Re: Most annoying thing at an anime convention
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »
about the #3

I am guilty of cosplaying a popular character but I always try to do something to make it stand out. Like I made Aerith's weapon because I dont see many people actually making that prop. And I actually made my bangs stick up. I belive that people will cosplay what they want and I'm fine with seeing multiples of the same cosplay. I choose to see it as they appreciate the same character that I also like and that is a good thing.

The most Annoying part? Probably the people that assign you a role in their little con day dream and will hug without warning and then run off again or stay to add to your confusion because you have no clue what they are talking about. I am always friendly to everyone unless they overstep their bounds (like leading into a creeper or sexual harrassment kind of way) But I would appreciate some distance and the ability to say yes or no to hugs and such. OH and the Cosplay chess. I wanted to see more mock battle style that made sense (not a bunch of random characters assisting out of the blue) and the use of the characters actual moves/ weapons I didn't see a lot of that and it dissapointed me. Oh and I wanted to duct tape the commentators mouths shut. Could not stand that laugh.

In defense of Cosplay Chess, this year not only were we trying out new things(commentators and music) but also audience members decided that they needed to be part of the action instead of leaving it to us pieces. I will admit though that this was the worst year I've seen since I started attending Kumoricon. We have multiple threads going on about working out the kinks and making next year extraordinary, so I hope you'll give us a try next year and have a much better experience.
They weren't necessary audience members. They were alternates that were sad they didn't get to play. And before the game even started there was a chance for the chess pieces to ask for help FROM the alternates. I think it got carried away a bit but I am pretty sure some of them were planed. If there was a giant rush then I don't think it was planned. I think I remember when one chess piece actually called out to the Inuyasha cosplayer, that seemed planned to me.

That is true, there were a mix of people from both audience and alternates that jumped in. However, unless you are summoned to the board you are an audience member for the time being. Simply because you are a possible summon doesn't mean you can jump onto the board on a whim. Yes it sucks that you weren't chosen as a piece, but that doesn't mean you can interrupt the action and alter the experience of pieces and audience members.

Some were planned, but they were in the minority by a fair amount. The Jirachi was planned both times, Inuyasha the first time was planned, Chelsea and me helping Lightning was planned. The random giant groups of people were not planned. As far as I gathered, the only planned one that involved more than one character was when Lightning summoned us.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2011, 02:40:51 pm »
Cosplay Elitism is questionably absent from this list, and it's my #1 choice. As a fan, yay, you cosplayed something and it's a good costume. This DOESN'T mean you get to be a prick to other people whose skills aren't as good as yours. It happens in my circle of friends and I see it at cons all the time. To those elitist cosplayers, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2011, 02:42:12 pm »
Also, that's another thing that annoys me. I know that people are looking for certain cosplayers, but do you know how much it picks up someones day to be asked to have a picture taken of them? It's like someone shoved your own personal sunbeam into a persons heart. It's a beautiful feeling. Especially if they are wearing a nice outfit, but aren't a character from a series. People, stop to actually think that not just the 'popular' cosplays need pictures taken. Even if you don't KNOW a series, perhaps stopping to ask for their picture would actually really help their day out.

I ended up sitting in the park, on saturday night, just before all the minors were kicked out. I was sitting with a group of nearly twenty cosplayers, tucked away in the park, who had never had their picture taken the whole convention.

So i guess what annoys me most is that people think they are all that at conventions, and don't stop to consider other peoples feelings.

I hear ya. You might be able to tell from my avatar, but Hatori Sohma (Fruits Basket) is one of my favorite characters... and it makes me a little sad to do the cosplay and have few to no people recognize the character or want to take a picture.

But you know, sometimes you have to choose what you most want. I love cosplaying Hatori, whether people recognize him or not. But I wouldn't recommend cosplaying him to someone who really wants to be recognized and have their picture taken.

Some people cosplay characters that are popular rather than the ones they love, because recognition is the most important to them. And others are lucky enough to love characters that are popular, getting the best of both worlds. But if the character is more important to you than the recognition? All you can really do is make the cos as recognizable as possible, then suck it up and treasure the moments when someone recognizes you all the more.

And those moments do become priceless when they're few and far between. It usually means you've found someone who loves the character as much as you do, and you can't beat that experience. :)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2011, 02:51:03 pm »
Random, wait you were at Kumoricon! As Hatori?!? Oh goddess, if I have known you were there I'd be cuddling you. Sorry if that sounds weird, but Hatori and Ayame are my favorite characters from that series. Hatori because I just break inside when I remember his story, and Ayame cause I love snakes.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2011, 02:56:12 pm »
Another thing that sort of bothers me is when people don't respect other peoples personal space. I enjoy hugging, cuddling, and snuggling and all that, but it would be nice to be able to do all that without having my ass grabbed or my face kissed by some random stranger i just met. It just doesn't make me comfortable :I At one point i got surprize tongue kissed by someone i was hanging out with at a photoshoot, which i really wasn't all too happy about...Let's just say i didn't hang out with them after that.

tongue kissed? D8

scary...
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2011, 03:05:12 pm »
Random, wait you were at Kumoricon! As Hatori?!? Oh goddess, if I have known you were there I'd be cuddling you. Sorry if that sounds weird, but Hatori and Ayame are my favorite characters from that series. Hatori because I just break inside when I remember his story, and Ayame cause I love snakes.

I actually didn't cosplay him this year (too busy running around in circles), but I did in 2009 and 2010. And if I get a chance, I'll try again next year.

Thank you for the encouragement; it really does make me feel a lot better to know other people love the character as well.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:00 pm »
Also, that's another thing that annoys me. I know that people are looking for certain cosplayers, but do you know how much it picks up someones day to be asked to have a picture taken of them? It's like someone shoved your own personal sunbeam into a persons heart. It's a beautiful feeling. Especially if they are wearing a nice outfit, but aren't a character from a series. People, stop to actually think that not just the 'popular' cosplays need pictures taken. Even if you don't KNOW a series, perhaps stopping to ask for their picture would actually really help their day out.

I ended up sitting in the park, on saturday night, just before all the minors were kicked out. I was sitting with a group of nearly twenty cosplayers, tucked away in the park, who had never had their picture taken the whole convention.

So i guess what annoys me most is that people think they are all that at conventions, and don't stop to consider other peoples feelings.

I hear ya. You might be able to tell from my avatar, but Hatori Sohma (Fruits Basket) is one of my favorite characters... and it makes me a little sad to do the cosplay and have few to no people recognize the character or want to take a picture.

But you know, sometimes you have to choose what you most want. I love cosplaying Hatori, whether people recognize him or not. But I wouldn't recommend cosplaying him to someone who really wants to be recognized and have their picture taken.

Some people cosplay characters that are popular rather than the ones they love, because recognition is the most important to them. And others are lucky enough to love characters that are popular, getting the best of both worlds. But if the character is more important to you than the recognition? All you can really do is make the cos as recognizable as possible, then suck it up and treasure the moments when someone recognizes you all the more.

And those moments do become priceless when they're few and far between. It usually means you've found someone who loves the character as much as you do, and you can't beat that experience. :)

Sometimes its not even about not recognizing the character but being to busy with your quest to stop and ask for someones picture. I saw so many people I wanted pictures of but my camera was being finicky and not working half the time and then sometimes I was just on a mission and had no time to stop. Its partially about being at the right place at the right time. While yes it does suck to not have your picture taken. People cosplaying OC's should do so with an understanding that not a lot of people are gonna be running up to take a picture because they have no idea what you are from, or they will take your picture and think you are something else entirely. Just try hanging out and being silly (but mature and respectful about it) and sometimes that will get you more photo ops because people like to remember who they hung out with. Or make something fantastic that makes your OC stand out. I only took one photo of an OC cosplayer because he had made some pretty cool armor and I thought it was awesome so it caught my attention.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:29:03 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 03:34:58 pm »
Another thing to add to the list of annoyances: Having to choose between panels and activities due to overlapping schedules. I know this can't be helped much but it still makes a libra like me torn inside when having to choose. (I don't believe in star signs, but I am a typical libra for the most part)

Character I would most want to be at a convention if I could have their special powers: Naruto for the shadow clones.

It would be nice to have a photo-op meet for people who haven't had their pictures taken but would like to... Day 2 I didn't get any pictures taken of me (that I know of) except for the photo booth so I would have loved to join the group in the park and take pictures with each other. :3

There were actually quite a few people I wanted to take pictures of but being all sorts of shy inside made me feel like a creeper if I were to ask, like those two girls in the purple and green corsets for example. I would have loved to get their pictures even though I don't think they were from an anime, and I did actually get quite a few pictures of people who weren't from any series that I knew but I appreciated the art (for example, the girl in the pink dress I think people are calling Ceil I am learning now. Awesome cosplay, but I have no clue where it is from.)

It is awesome to cosplay as a character you love, but of course there are risks to consider... like in this case cosplaying the girl from Fruits Basket... She looks like an ordinary girl for the most part that unfortunately would be hard to spot compared to a Misa or those Mew Mew girls. It still comes down to art composition that the human eye is going to be drawn to bright flashy abnormal things unless you have a keen eye or perhaps if that character is with a group of other cosplayers from the same series that would help them pop out in a crowd. Each cosplay has a risk associated with it whether it is the risk of getting french kissed or getting passed by. Respect for anyone who tries these types of cosplays that might not get noticed no matter how good they are.

Oh yeah, another annoyance that can't be helped... people being creeped out by you just based on natural looks. I'm happy I got a fair ammount of hugs, but I was created with this face and body that I have no replacement parts for as of yet. I wish I could be cute and attractive but on the bright side, when I am trying to be creepy it tends to work fairly well (I'm so looking forward to making a Kefka cosplay some day despite being tall).

x_x sorry this post is so long...
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 03:40:04 pm »
@great Atlas. Depending on which Ciel you got. It might have been my friend lol. And I agree. There should be a Photoshoot planned for OC's

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 03:55:08 pm »
there were a lot of ciels and yes I do get annoyied when there are many of the same cosplay, but sometimes we just have to deal with it because of the popularity of the anime at that time.... But yes it's very annoying.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 03:58:26 pm »
There went that photo op. I barely get pictures taken of me at con as is, even when I do have a really good cosplay.

I always try to get pictures of people, regardless of what costume (anime, steampunk, lolita) they're wearing.  In some cases, it's hard to get pictures because people look so busy.  But I do make an effort, especially if I see someone by themselves and they look sort of bored and lonely.  You can definitely tell it cheers them up pretty quick.  They usually have a, "what? me? seriously?" look on their face and then they're very happy to oblige. ^_^
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:00:37 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 04:32:31 pm »
^ Agreed. Oh, and also the people expecting me to take a picture of just the "pretty" one but I wanted a picture of both of them, especially since they're from the same series O.o

I took single pictures of each person when necessary, but I have to feel sorry for the people who are used to people asking for just single pictures of their friends because their outfit isn't up to that level. lol... I say that as I remember I was one of those people, but it was different since Kaito and Jill Valentine aren't even in the same series and my outfit was only about 85% complete.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2011, 04:56:15 pm »
^ Agreed. Oh, and also the people expecting me to take a picture of just the "pretty" one but I wanted a picture of both of them, especially since they're from the same series O.o

I took single pictures of each person when necessary, but I have to feel sorry for the people who are used to people asking for just single pictures of their friends because their outfit isn't up to that level. lol... I say that as I remember I was one of those people, but it was different since Kaito and Jill Valentine aren't even in the same series and my outfit was only about 85% complete.

oh yeah, srsly.  I'd ask for a photo, and like one of the people ducks away.

"What?! Where are you going? I want your picture, too!"

"But.. we're.. we're not from the same series!"

"Psh! Pretend it's a crossover fanfic!"  ;)

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2011, 05:05:10 pm »
The people who brag are the worst. It makes me wanna rip their wig off and burn it, then slice their costume up.
But I'm a good person, so I hold that anger back ^^
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2011, 05:08:42 pm »
It would be nice to have a photo-op meet for people who haven't had their pictures taken but would like to... Day 2 I didn't get any pictures taken of me (that I know of) except for the photo booth so I would have loved to join the group in the park and take pictures with each other. :3

That's a nifty idea... when it gets closer to next con, I think a lot of people would love you for hosting a "Rare Cosplays" shoot time, with the theme being cosplays that don't get as much attention. In fact, I'm pretty sure you'd have to host it in the park just to have enough space for everyone.  ;)

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2011, 05:33:13 pm »
I know what you mean! This year was my first year having people ask for my picture, and even though it was probably mostly because of the scavenger hunt, I felt so special and loved. Even when people just asked for a hug (I was one of the lucky ones; people ran at me and scared the bejesus out of me, but that was mostly because they were dressed as scary characters...).

A couple years ago, at my first con, I took loads of pictures just because I liked the outfit. I went back a few weeks ago and realized just how many of those "unknown cosplays" I now know. It's like a little time capsule of ignorance.
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 12:54:16 am »
._. All these stories just enforce my idea of making a sign that says "No Touchy" or something on it for my back. As much as I know hugs and stuff come with cons, I try to venture away from glomp circles if only for the fact that I'm the size some hyper person is going to pick up and swing me around like a body pillow. *shivers*
Though, a sign saying "don't touch" will probably encourage people to come closer and to touch. Same if I had a "no hugs please" sign. They'll wanna do it, specifically because the sign says don't. Not that everyone would, but those people are out there..
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2011, 02:23:34 am »
Were paddle abusers ever really bad a kumoricon? this is my first time going and read they were banned. From what I've heard of happenings at other conventions I certainly agree with the ban.

And to be honest I'm not even familiar with what these paddles are, but the stories tell me enough that it would be uncomfortable pretty much getting assaulted every 2 minutes without your permission.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2011, 02:29:39 am »
I actually really appreciate the way people are responding to this. It's not even so much the OC cosplays, but the people wearing pretty awesome looking normal clothing. I mean a cosplayer I know, who wasn't at con this year, usually walks around wearing a Kakashi wig and bondage type clothing. It looks bloody awesome, and it's a great cosplay. I think setting up a Photoshoot, probably sometime before noon on the last day of con, for Cosplayers who haven't had their picture taken much, would be an awesome idea. Even if the cosplay isn't that very good, or it's just really awesome costume work, but not any sort of character from any series, just something in their closet.

I'm actually really really happy that people responded this way. This year at con, I was asked to have my picture taken a couple of times. I was doing mY OC, and I'll admit my school girl outfit and wig were actually very well done. (Thanks to two friends that helped me with my wig, once before con and once after.)... Like the first time, I literally was in shock, because I never expected for someone to ask for my picture. I was in the park talking to Durarara cosplayers on Day 1, and someone asked me for my picture. I was in utter shock, I never expected it. Then there was a few other times, some by friends mostly, but the point is that it really did pick up my day.

Seriously, even the lesser known characters, like my other Cosplay (Female Martial Arts Turk, Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis and Last Order), get even less attention then normal people. I love it when people actually recognize the character I am doing out of the love for the character. Everytime my picture was taken the look on my face was "Seriously? You want me? But I'm not even from this - or I'm not even that good looking."

The people that took my picture, really picked up my day.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 09:26:16 am »
Wait... Iruka, were you the girl with the silver hair at the Kingdom Hearts 101 panel?

Also, on the photoshoot, as great as that would be, that conflicts with cosplay chess, which I would rather go to... plus sometimes cosplayers won't be wearing their outfits on the third day. Maybe late on day 2?
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2011, 10:21:16 am »
The one with the long white/silver wig? In a braid? And the pale blue school girl outfit? Chya, that was me. I was recording the whole pannel. And Riku raped me >.< In the back of the room. While he was supposedp to be getting water.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2011, 08:58:35 am »
I remember you! I kept trying to get a picture of you, but as soon as I clicked the camera you'd move or twitch or someone got in my way... I went looking for you after but I couldn't find you D8
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2011, 10:54:45 am »
LOL, why would you want a picture of me? It was just an OC cosplay. *snickers* But it's fine, I have the whole cosplay still, use the schoolgirl part for work mostly. Anyways, if you like, and you live nearby, you can get all the pictures you want of it.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2011, 04:54:34 pm »
PDA. People who think that just because they're at a con, that its okay to suddenly become intimate with strangers or just in public. I dont mind if the the people are actually together or if its a peck on a FRIENDS cheek or something like that. But when its with strangers, that's just creepy or if 2 people are making physical sexual jokes.
Also, rape jokes. Those are really bad. :C

I mean. not everyone is comfortable with that. And there are still people outside the con walking around. bleh.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:55:58 pm by kit2kit »
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2011, 07:24:46 pm »
PDA. People who think that just because they're at a con, that its okay to suddenly become intimate with strangers or just in public. I dont mind if the the people are actually together or if its a peck on a FRIENDS cheek or something like that. But when its with strangers, that's just creepy or if 2 people are making physical sexual jokes.
Also, rape jokes. Those are really bad. :C

I mean. not everyone is comfortable with that. And there are still people outside the con walking around. bleh.

I agree wholeheartedly, especially with the first one.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2011, 07:27:59 pm »
LOL, why would you want a picture of me? It was just an OC cosplay. *snickers* But it's fine, I have the whole cosplay still, use the schoolgirl part for work mostly. Anyways, if you like, and you live nearby, you can get all the pictures you want of it.
Because you looked really pretty D8 And as an OC cosplayer, I totally respect that. And your wig was really pretty >.> Just sayin'

I'm about to move to the Salem area... if that means anything. I'm about to start at western oregon
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2011, 09:11:21 pm »
Because you looked really pretty D8 And as an OC cosplayer, I totally respect that. And your wig was really pretty >.> Just sayin'

I'm about to move to the Salem area... if that means anything. I'm about to start at western oregon

I'm in Tigard, if you wanna come by and say hello to me before you get to Salem, just let me know. Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment at 3. Working Sat night, and Sunday night. Dunno next weeks schedule. If you want my attention, might be best to get in touch with me, and let me know what day you want. There is several places in the nearby area, that we can walk/bus too, and take pictures.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2011, 09:54:44 pm »

I live in Salem! =D

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2011, 10:03:33 pm »
@ Iruka- I live in the other direction xD Over by Corvallis.

@ Black Rose- We should totally hang! Have a cosplay shoot with Aerith... and Undertaker? xD
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2011, 10:12:54 pm »
dark: You gonna be at the Uwajimaya's Festival next weekend?
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2011, 10:28:16 pm »
I definitely voted the game. I hate it with a burning passion. As much as I hate "the cake is a lie". which is A LOT. We're not all 13 years old anymore, kids. Play that during your recess.

Another annoying thing is LITTERERS. Just because you're in the park doesn't mean you own it! This is one of the reasons Cosplayers get a bad rap! Clean up your crap! If the trashcan is full then find another one!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2011, 07:39:41 am »
@ Black Rose- We should totally hang! Have a cosplay shoot with Aerith... and Undertaker? xD

XD We should! But it will be a while before I can cosplay Aerith again because I cut my bangs ><

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2011, 10:10:57 am »
@ Iruka - No... I'll be in Corvallis for the fall festival... I hope. Maybe I can visit you or something. I can do my Organization XIII OC and we can be awesome together >D

@ Black Rose- Then we should just chill xD
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2011, 11:51:57 am »
Hrrmmmm, well let me see what I can work out. LOL, cause I'd like to hang out and do a shoot before you move. Guessing you are stuck to Public transit as well? (Should we take this to PM? )
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2011, 07:50:50 pm »
Another annoying thing is LITTERERS. Just because you're in the park doesn't mean you own it! This is one of the reasons Cosplayers get a bad rap! Clean up your crap! If the trashcan is full then find another one!

That's actually something that was addressed at the Rant n' Rave panel at the end of the con.  I told the facilities Liaison that I'd give him the number of the woman who schedules events at the park so that we could better prepare for the massive amount of garbage next time. ;D
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2011, 08:25:25 pm »
For me it's people who come and are super loud and rude and I doubt they really like anime. I know one of them, lets just say the few times I was around her she saw a man cross dressing and yelled, "YOU'RE HOT!" from across the park. I had met the guy at Sakuracon so it was super embarrassing for me. I'm not sure about but I know that sometimes guys who crossdress/crossplay don't like people to yell things like that from across the park.
The game is stupid as well, I stop playing that in middle school and when I hear, "I just lost the game" I want to punch the person.
I don't mind 50 Italys/Ciels/Haruhis but it does bug me when people put no effort into the costume. Even if it's bought I don't mind if the person tries to make it look good (because most bought costumes have something wrong with them) or plays the part. Bragging doesn't help either.
The littering also bothered me, I was sitting with my friend outside of the Red Lion on that grassy part and I was surprised about all the garbage. Be polite please and pick up after yourself.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2011, 09:55:26 pm »
I did get annoyed enough with the cat calls and whistles I was receiving on Monday to just avoid the park all together. XD  Even though I played along, it got the point where I couldn't go 15 feet.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:55:48 pm by reppy »

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2011, 04:10:50 am »
I have some info for about the cosplays bit. (Also, excuse me if I have mispelled words, I have a wrist wrap on cause I sprained my wrist =.= )

I find it HIGHLY annoying when you are cosplaying something, and then you see another cosplayer who is the exact same character as you... you wave and smile cause you see another you....

And they glare and proceed to ignore you.

I mean seriously, wtf? Why can't people be nice to others? My friends and I met our doubles, and their doubles seemed to glare and sort of be arrogant and ignore my friends when they smiled? I mean really? I saw another me and we both squeed cause we found our doubles! ^^

Please at least smile and be considerate, not stuck up snobs cause you think you are so much better than your double... It's childish and gets old very fast.

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2011, 04:19:44 am »

There have been a few creepy people at conventions. One actually tried to kiss me out of the blue! X_X Even if you are joking about it you need to ask before you randomly grab someone and move your face too close X_X Besides that I was spoken for at that time so it wouldnt have been good!

Cheek kiss or lip kiss? (It probably doesn't matter, but at least on the cheek there's maybe some excuse as it could be considered a greeting, lol)

Lip XP It was a Vincent Cosplayer When I first cosplayed Lucrecia in 2009

I Think I know this cosplayer you speak of >->; I got pinned down by a vincent in 2009 and he tried to french kiss me when I was cosplaying Zidane...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1039364641456.5368.1745730076&l=ede124dabc&type=1 In the pictures there is pictures of a turk vincent and a red cloaked vincent. The turk was my friend and the other one was the creepy vincent.

Oh god I know the creeper vincent! *pours bleach in eyes* @.@ I'm so sorry he acted that way!! and I don't like him either ._.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2011, 09:25:37 am »

There have been a few creepy people at conventions. One actually tried to kiss me out of the blue! X_X Even if you are joking about it you need to ask before you randomly grab someone and move your face too close X_X Besides that I was spoken for at that time so it wouldnt have been good!

Cheek kiss or lip kiss? (It probably doesn't matter, but at least on the cheek there's maybe some excuse as it could be considered a greeting, lol)

Lip XP It was a Vincent Cosplayer When I first cosplayed Lucrecia in 2009

I Think I know this cosplayer you speak of >->; I got pinned down by a vincent in 2009 and he tried to french kiss me when I was cosplaying Zidane...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1039364641456.5368.1745730076&l=ede124dabc&type=1 In the pictures there is pictures of a turk vincent and a red cloaked vincent. The turk was my friend and the other one was the creepy vincent.

Oh god I know the creeper vincent! *pours bleach in eyes* @.@ I'm so sorry he acted that way!! and I don't like him either ._.

Yeah >< I just generally will make sure I avoid said person if I ever see them again.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2011, 12:26:39 pm »
I have some info for about the cosplays bit. (Also, excuse me if I have mispelled words, I have a wrist wrap on cause I sprained my wrist =.= )

I find it HIGHLY annoying when you are cosplaying something, and then you see another cosplayer who is the exact same character as you... you wave and smile cause you see another you....

I mean seriously, wtf? Why can't people be nice to others? My friends and I met our doubles, and their doubles seemed to glare and sort of be arrogant and ignore my friends when they smiled? I mean really? I saw another me and we both squeed cause we found our doubles! ^^

Please at least smile and be considerate, not stuck up snobs cause you think you are so much better than your double... It's childish and gets old very fast.
^this
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2011, 01:04:59 pm »

^this
^ Second ^
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2011, 01:05:37 pm »
Is this sort of one of those, "OMG! YOU'RE WEARING THE SAME OUTFIT AS ME?" snooty type moments? XD

Offline Onchan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2011, 01:07:30 pm »
I would have to say 1 and 3. The game...is done. So can it!!!
I understand that people like certain mainstream characters and I respect that but you should know that there are going to be millions of you walking around already and you probably won't be appreciated as much. I like to be creative and unique ^_^

I don't want to bash on or disrespect people for doing a bad cosplay so I'll try not to be too harsh:
When you make your cosplay please please please try and put effort into making it! D:
I see too many people dressing up and their costumes look last minute :/
Take the time and if it isn't ready to be shown or something is missing then don't do it yet, there is always next con ^.^

Also I'm a guy who happens to be engaged. I really don't appreciate when people flirt with me on a serious level. Guys and girls....I have to know you and I have to know you are messing around and don't mean any harm. It just freaks me out in general x.x

*end rant*
THE SEXY PANDAS ARE HERE TO ROCK YOUR FACES!!!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2011, 06:07:17 pm »
I understand that people like certain mainstream characters and I respect that but you should know that there are going to be millions of you walking around already and you probably won't be appreciated as much. I like to be creative and unique ^_^

I don't want to bash on or disrespect people for doing a bad cosplay so I'll try not to be too harsh:
When you make your cosplay please please please try and put effort into making it! D:
Take the time and if it isn't ready to be shown or something is missing then don't do it yet, there is always next con ^.^

Also I'm a guy who happens to be engaged. I really don't appreciate when people flirt with me on a serious level. Guys and girls....I have to know you and I have to know you are messing around and don't mean any harm. It just freaks me out in general x.x

*end rant*

I agree. It saddens me to see a cosplay that looks like there was no effort put in, especially when I love the character. Its even more sad when its just the hair! If all you had to do was straighten your hair you would do it right? I can understand if it looks like the person tried with the hair but just couldn't do it but when I see that someone didn't try at all it just irks me.

I also agree with the flirting. Find out if they are single first and dont be too serious about it.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2011, 06:16:34 pm »
Nobody has ever tried to flirt with me (it's mostly people being creepers on me), but I think most people should flirt at cons, unless you're good friends or if it's a Fanservice photoshoot (even then you should check)

Offline Rofflz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2011, 06:53:18 pm »
+First off, I HATED all the trash in the park. On Day 1 the grass was clean and everything was nice and neat. By Day 2 things were trashed and ugly. It was annoying, and I realize that the trashcans were full and all, but that doesn't mean you can just leave your trash under the tree where you were eating. >:C

+Secondly; On Day 2 I was Sailor Saturn. Lots of people were taking my picture, but at one point a man asked for my picture and the cosplayer next to me was like "Who me?" And the man was like "No! Her."
I was confused as to why he didn't want the other guys picture.
It really made me feel bad because the cosplayer walked away like he was going to cry and I really wanted to go and take his picture but I didn't have access to my phone's camera at the time.

-So basically what I hate is when 'photographers' don't think of a person's feelings before rejecting him from a photo.
I was very proud when one girl refused a picture unless her friend could be in it to. I hate people that get rejected from photos. I mean, you don't know how hard someone's worked on a cosplay, so you can't just pay them no attention.

If I had a camera I would take pictures of everyone at cons, but sadly I don't have a camera DX

+Another thing that bothers me is 'the Game'
I heard about it my first con, and I was like, oh that's cool.
Second con. It was getting on my nerves.
And after my second con I started hearing people at school saying it, like, 'cool' kids. XP So effin' annoying.
My third con, KumoriCon'11. So ****** annoyed I found myself saying "Nobody cares." Everytime somebody said "I just lost the Game!"

+AND- I hate people that think their cosplay is superior to others just because they made it themselves.
I mean, I handmake all my cosplays unless it's easily 'closet cosplayed'
I don't flaunt my stuff like my **** don't stink.
I mean, at a D.Gray-Man gathering at TaiyouCon'11, me and my Lenalee were ditched by this Lavi chick because she didn't like our cosplays. She was like "I made this myself." And I had made my Allen cosplay myself too, and she was totally irritated because we weren't oo-ing and ah-ing over her craftsmenship.
Sure her cosplay was amazing, but it was so annoying to hear her gloating. >.<

(Removed inappropriate content per forum code of conduct.  ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:49:25 pm by randompvg »
I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE CON! I'M MOVING OUT OF STATE! AND IT IS THE SAME WEEKEND AS SABOTEN IN AZ. SORRY EVERYONE~!

Offline Onchan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2011, 07:09:50 pm »
Nobody has ever tried to flirt with me (it's mostly people being creepers on me), but I think most people should flirt at cons, unless you're good friends or if it's a Fanservice photoshoot (even then you should check)
I'm not all high and mighty about myself but a lot of the guys/girls flirt with me at con. And yes people should always check! Ack >___<
THE SEXY PANDAS ARE HERE TO ROCK YOUR FACES!!!

Offline Relterra

• Oni
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2011, 07:13:18 pm »

*end rant*

I agree. It saddens me to see a cosplay that looks like there was no effort put in, especially when I love the character. Its even more sad when its just the hair! If all you had to do was straighten your hair you would do it right? I can understand if it looks like the person tried with the hair but just couldn't do it but when I see that someone didn't try at all it just irks me.

I also agree with the flirting. Find out if they are single first and dont be too serious about it.

I am guilty of the not having one of my costumes done on time and wearing it to con(It was my Amaimon cosplay). I just mainly wanted to wear the wig since it was my first time dying and styling a wig like that and i was really happy with it. I don't normally do that and to be honest i didn't think anyone would recognize the character. ^^' I guess i shouldn't have done so and i just should have worn my Princess Yue or Simca outfit again. So i am very sorry if i may have been one of those people you are talking about. I am working on getting it complete now though.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2011, 07:23:52 pm »
I think there's nothing wrong with wearing something incomplete at con. My America costume is practically a closet costume, the only thing I bought for that costume was the jacket. As long as it's not half way sewn on I think it's fine. You should do it because it's fun. My friend wore outfits that were pieced together day of for most of the con it seemed like