Author Topic: Cosplay Miracles  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Roy_in_a_skirt

• Sailor Scout
Cosplay Miracles
« on: September 06, 2005, 01:03:19 pm »
Just as the subject implies, I want to know about your cosplay miracles: costumes you never thought would work but did; costumes completed in record time; costumes that costed next-to nothing; costumes that had last-minute problems and solutions, et cetera.

To kick things off, my miracle this year: I made a state alchemist uniform—my first cosplay costume—with no sewing experience, no pattern and only 50 dollars...

It took me 14 hours to complete the costume.
Kumoricon 2005 I went as Roy Mustang and wore a skirt on Monday with a note saying "I lost a bet with Hawkeye" attached to it, hence the username.
'06: Shuuhei
'07: Doumeki Haruka
'08: Kurogane
'09: Wolfwood (sort of)
'10: Gakuran-style uniform

Offline Womprat

• Oni
    • http://vorpal.cc
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 01:37:07 pm »
I was Jin from Samurai Champloo the first day.  Tuesday before the con I ordered a hakama and bought some fabric for the kimono.  Made the kimono  and belt in 2 days with no prior sewing experience.  I finished it at about 1 am Friday in the hotel room and went to the mall in costume to get swords on saturday.
:D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 03:19:43 pm »
I could not believe how many people liked my Lupin costume (Harry Potter).  At the skit I just remember saying "I"m your counsler, Professor Lupin" and then hearing people cheer.  I did not expect that to happen.  And pictures!  People took my picture and gave me hugs!  Last year when I cosplayed as Seta (Love Hina) I had one picture taken and that was it.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 03:58:13 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
I could not believe how many people liked my Lupin costume (Harry Potter).  At the skit I just remember saying "I"m your counsler, Professor Lupin" and then hearing people cheer.  I did not expect that to happen.  And pictures!  People took my picture and gave me hugs!  Last year when I cosplayed as Seta (Love Hina) I had one picture taken and that was it.

^_^ Yay for Negima! Your guys' skit was sooo awsome... I wish I had recorded it instead of taken pictures...

TT__TT A Cosplay un-miracle... I didn't get my Sweater in time so there was so Harry Potter cosplay for me. -sniffle-

Offline antibishie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.antibishie.com
Hmmm...
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 05:12:28 pm »
My girlfriend cosplayed as Habanero-tan on Saturday... and the wig arrived on Friday, I do believe.  It was also smaller than we expected... I'm still amazed that we made that thing stay on her head, yet alone style it....
-----
Jeremy Forbes
"You have much YAOI-esque-ness here...!"
http://www.antibishie.com

Offline Spork

• Sailor Scout
    • http://8bitoctop.us
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 05:51:17 pm »
It was a Miracle that:

Our Luffy had a hat
Chopper's hat turned out as awesome as it did
Our skit won
This con went down with out any major explosions of angst
We pretty much all managed to be Pyramid Head at one point or another
NO WEENIES!
"Go Going Merry, you're rippin up the Grand Line!"
"FRIED CHICKEN!!"

KumoriCon attendee since '03

Offline Emerald

• Cabbit
    • http://rbd.eqguilds.net
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 08:52:42 pm »
NO sewing expirence, JUST started watching Bleach, and 2 weeks (and ALOT of paper mache). End up production cost was somewhere around $60.

I basically printed out a piece of paper with a couple different images of KON and worked from there.

Emerald

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 09:13:58 pm »
When I was walking around the dealers room at one point my mask fell of my head and crashed to the floor.  I'm about 5'7" so it fell just short of 6 feet hit the ground and rolled over twice.  After the second roll one ear snapped off and the other was hanging.  :cry:

The miracle...  I was smart enough to bring a hot glue gun and a bottle of paint with me so after about 10 minutes in the hotel room the ears were good as new and strong as ever and the only other damage was a hairline paint ship that just need some paint smudged into it.  You couldn't even tell that they'd been damaged unless you already knew.

And thanx to Mario for the Pocky to make it all better   :D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 09:26:04 pm »
AAAAAUUUUUUURRRRGGGG!

This is my sister's forum name.  She must not have bothered to log out last night!  So this post and the one right above is NOT from Kimiski.

I was dressed as P-chan by the way

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 09:31:16 pm »
i dident think ANYONE would know who i was cosplaying as

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline Miss Faye

• Cabbit
    • myspace
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 03:15:59 am »
haha i was Faye (obviously) and i had buttons but no way of attaching them, so i went without and no one actually seemed to notice, and my boots were originally black so i spray-painted them and they started cracking and the paint was coming off and they didn't zip up but from the pictures you can't really tell so i guess it all worked out.

Offline Chocoboholic

• Cabbit
Cosplay Miracles
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 02:46:16 pm »
I finshed the critical peices that held my chocobo up ten minutes before leaving.

And they fit. And were comfortable.
Current unrealistic Cosplay Dream:
Bahamut from FFX