Author Topic: Writer's Block idea...  (Read 1334 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Writer's Block idea...
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:53:06 pm »
So, I'm not sure about this... But since there are always so many writing workshops, I was wondering how it would be if I wanted to have a writing workshop specifically geared towards helping with writer's block (or helping with starting writing in general).

I mean the sort where people could have paper and pencils and tables to write on as I give direction and maybe write with them. If I need to provide the paper and pencils, that'd be fine, but I realize there's a certain room set-up you request.

I've never attended any writing panels before, but from what I've read, it sounds like we could do with something like this.

My second idea is a writer's marathon, though I realize that's a lot harder to run and facilitate at a convention since you need people and a long block of time (1 hour at minimum, but I've participated in ones that go on for four hours). It might be nice to have for people who need it. If I do run it, I was thinking of having it more so in the morning hours when space is more readily available in the rooms (such as 7am-10am).

Could someone kind of explain how these workshop panels work and are run, and if at all either idea sounds plausible.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)