Author Topic: Final Fantasy 2012  (Read 1044029 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Final Fantasy 2012
« on: September 07, 2011, 12:25:08 am »
Yes, yes...con is two days passed and you know what that means...time to plan for next year!

So, who's got what plans for cosplaying from Final Fantasy for 2012?

I will most likely be cosplaying Adelbert Steiner from Final Fantasy IX, and my wife will be cosplaying Beatrix. So much armor work! It's gonna be a feat, for sure.

**UPDATE**
The Official Photo Shoot times for the Final Fantasy Photo Shoots are:

Saturday (Day 1) at 5:00pm
Sunday (Day 2) at 2:00pm

Both will take place in Esther Short Park, directly across the street from the Hilton. Meet near the main stair in the park (across from the clock tower).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:34:15 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
Re: Final Fantasy 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:01:44 am »
i realy wanna try to bring either rydia or terra next year... gotta lose inches and fix up thouse costumes tfirst though!
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:18:13 am »
I'll def. Be Kadaj again, still sad that I was the only bad guy D:

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:38:26 pm »
I'll have Yuna, but if you're doing those two Eve... I'll squeeze in Garnet xD
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:29:42 pm by Mitsukai Mizu Amaya »
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 12:42:11 pm »
I might end up doing Locke for 2012, mostly to represent FFVI and to make up for the horrible lock that was there this year. Other than that I might not bring a Final Fantasy cosplay for 2012. I've brought at least one every year, and it would be nice to take a break for once...

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 03:23:51 pm »
My brother and I might try to work on cosplays for Noctis and Stella for FF Versus XIII depending on time.

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:30:13 pm »
I'm going to more than likely bring Serah again next year and Rinoa if I can't finish one of my cosplays on time.

Offline RikkuGrape

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:45:21 pm »
My friend and I are thinking about being Ruby and Edea from FF9, or being Lightning and Serah. We're not totally sure what we'll do but we know for sure we want to continue going from Final Fantasy since we've had at least one cosplay from it every year we've been to con. It's tradition now! haha
Most words that are used to describe women can only be used to describe Marth...like, gorgeous.

~Zetta Costume Designs~     JUST
         by Kyo & Ryo               ASK.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 11:53:25 pm »
I might be doing a version of Pain...Not sure which. Probably depends on my body to see how much skin I wanna show or not...

Really wanna get a group to do the three as Trainers, we'll see ^^
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 11:57:45 pm »
My friend and I are thinking about being Ruby and Edea from FF9, or being Lightning and Serah. We're not totally sure what we'll do but we know for sure we want to continue going from Final Fantasy since we've had at least one cosplay from it every year we've been to con. It's tradition now! haha

I thought Edea was from FF8. o.o

Oh yeah, I might plan on cosplaying as Fujin from FFVIII. :3
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:32:14 am by OokamiYami »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 12:50:25 am »
Maybe Ruby and Freya? Fi's right; Edea's from 8 hun xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 07:11:57 am »
I might end up doing Locke for 2012, mostly to represent FFVI and to make up for the horrible lock that was there this year.

That would make you my hero. I wanted to punch that guy.

I'll probably bring my SeeD uniform Squall again but I don't know that I'll start a new ff cosplay. I would like to do another one but I just don't know who

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:08:55 am »
I might end up doing Locke for 2012, mostly to represent FFVI and to make up for the horrible lock that was there this year.

That would make you my hero. I wanted to punch that guy.

I'll probably bring my SeeD uniform Squall again but I don't know that I'll start a new ff cosplay. I would like to do another one but I just don't know who

I've wanted to do Locke for a while, and it made my heart sink so much when I heard that there was finally a Locke at con but that all he did was annoy people.

Personally I say you should go for a new cosplay. After all, you don't want to wear yourself out by wearing the same cosplay multiple years in a row right? If you want someone to bounce ideas off of I'll be glad to help you out :)

Offline RikkuGrape

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 09:38:11 am »

Blah, I meant 8 xD; But none-the-less she wants to be Edea really badly so we will see what happens. It'd finally give me a chance to use my airbrush though which would be nice.
Most words that are used to describe women can only be used to describe Marth...like, gorgeous.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 09:40:41 am »
Well I do intend do do a new cosplay as this was my second year for SeeD Squall I just don't know if it will be another Final Fantasy one. I have some ideas for both Avatar and Soul Eater cosplays so we'll see what happens. Though if I thought of an epic enough FF costume I could do then I would love that.

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 09:47:16 am »
Well I do intend do do a new cosplay as this was my second year for SeeD Squall I just don't know if it will be another Final Fantasy one. I have some ideas for both Avatar and Soul Eater cosplays so we'll see what happens. Though if I thought of an epic enough FF costume I could do then I would love that.

Well both of those could be really cool. Also I don't know why, but for some reason I see you being a really good Spirit from Soul Eater.

As for an epic FF costume, how about some of the less-cosplayed characters? Some that come to mind immediately for me are any guy character other than Edge from IV(especially Kain and Golbez), most characters from VI, Jecht from X, and Basch from XII.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:31 am »

Well both of those could be really cool. Also I don't know why, but for some reason I see you being a really good Spirit from Soul Eater.

As for an epic FF costume, how about some of the less-cosplayed characters? Some that come to mind immediately for me are any guy character other than Edge from IV(especially Kain and Golbez), most characters from VI, Jecht from X, and Basch from XII.

Haha I actually thought about doing Spirit from the intro bit where he has the scythe blades coming out of his back. My other Soul Eater idea was to do Ragnarok costume.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 11:25:10 am »

Blah, I meant 8 xD; But none-the-less she wants to be Edea really badly so we will see what happens. It'd finally give me a chance to use my airbrush though which would be nice.

Oh my god, Petra will make a wonderful Edea! :D Do it!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:26:50 am by OokamiYami »

Offline RikkuGrape

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 01:50:50 pm »
xD I know, right?! She would be perfect!

I was trying to think of someone to go with her as since we like to coordinate our cosplays but I think I am too short to do anything menacing or cool like Edea xD;; So I was thinking of bringing back my FFX Rikku since it has been a few years since I have worn her.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 02:03:13 pm »
That would be amazing! Depending on how Steiner goes, I may be cosplaying Ward additionally (from VIII), in which case Britt would be cosplaying Laguna. So it'd be great to get some more VIII representation, since it is always on the lacking side of things.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 02:21:22 pm »
That would be amazing! Depending on how Steiner goes, I may be cosplaying Ward additionally (from VIII), in which case Britt would be cosplaying Laguna. So it'd be great to get some more VIII representation, since it is always on the lacking side of things.

DO IT! FF8 needs more love imo. I have a friend who I keep trying to get to cosplay Ward but he's too lame.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:34 pm »
haha, Yeah, I've been planning to do Ward for a couple years, but have to plan my cosplays around whether or not I will have a beard. Ideally it'll happen next year (since I'll have to shave for Steiner anyway). Here's hoping it happens!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 04:45:31 pm »
Gah, if only there was a Seifer and a Raijin. T_T

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:41 pm »
Well, we've got a year. Maybe they'll pop up and fill out the VIII group. I am still hoping to find a Kiros to fill the group with Ward and Laguna, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 05:07:59 pm »
Bringing back Aerith =] I'm considering bringing back Lucrecia as well but doing the crystalized version

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 06:07:40 pm »
I plan on doing Zidane from IX as my big costume next year. I also plan on bugging/begging my friends to join me as Vivi and Blank so I can have my bros
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline RikkuGrape

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 06:47:03 pm »
I plan on doing Zidane from IX as my big costume next year. I also plan on bugging/begging my friends to join me as Vivi and Blank so I can have my bros

Please bug them! Haha
I would love to see a Blank cosplayer, he is my favorite xD;;

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59:56 pm »
If you get a Vivi and Blank, then we'd have the makings of a group! ... and two Zidane's for me to smack my head against the nearest hard object when they pull their Zidane-like antics -is Garnet- xD

Uhh, Geen, I like the Ruby idea. Maybe... hmmm... to match Petra, you could try Selphie or something?
KumoriCon 2012

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 08:39:45 pm »
Gina would look so cute as Selphie. x3

Offline RikkuGrape

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 09:20:06 pm »
Hmmm....Selphie would be fun too.
Maybe I will do both xD

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 02:10:32 am »
oh Xo I so want to bring Zidane again this year but i've been him the last three years....Maybe i'll just stick to Tidus or pal around with Clint if hes doing Lock >3
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 02:26:17 am »
I've added Garnet back just for you, Eve. xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 07:30:18 am »
YAY! I HAVE A DAGGER!!!!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 07:34:07 am »
ok ok that settles it im doing terra if clints doin locke..... i'll wait for more ff4 peeps before i con-break-in rydia
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 08:16:27 am »
Well if we have Locke an Terra that eally makes me want to do a FF6 cosplay too. Not sure who though.

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 09:33:11 am »
Well if Sam does Cyan again and Heather brings Edgar *cough cough hint hint* we could start getting a 6 group together. If not, I think the comedy stylings of Tidus and Locke will make many con-goers happy. That or want to punch us in the face...

@Zensuke Well there are 14 playable characters, so it shouldn't be too hard to pick someone lol. Some that I think would fit would be Setzer, Shadow, or Sabin. Also it just hit me that a good chunk of the party members in 6 have names that start with S...

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 09:42:49 am »
I'll be Jecht from FFX next year for sure.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 09:50:26 am »
@zen: be saben ;-; <3 saben
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 09:54:25 am »
There is also Strago and if you go with S sounds you have Celes and Cyan which makes almost half of the cast. I do have a friend who wants to cosplay Kefka so we would even have a villan.

Well I certainly don't have the body for Sabin but I could give Shadow a looser top and go of this figure.

Or maybe I could put my practice making the Kon costume to use and make Umaro.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 09:59:22 am »
>.> that could work fairly well

also i may or maynot just remake my terra costume.... depends on if i can fix the way the lycra rides up ;-;
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 10:03:55 am »
I've been trying to convince one of my friends to cosplay esper Terra but I'm not sure if she ever will.

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 10:06:08 am »
Umaro could be really cool. If you want to do a mascot costume you could also do Mog pretty easily.

However I think the Shadow idea is just awesome.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 10:11:16 am »
I've added Garnet back just for you, Eve. xD

Yay!

Britt and I started playing IX again yesterday and are all geeking out on the potential poses and interactions we can all do for photos, haha. We're so stoked to finally be doing a couple-cosplay. This will be the first time we actually get to be characters who are "together", if you read my meaning, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 10:14:14 am »
yeah the more I look at that picture the more I want to do Shadow.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 10:23:01 am »
xD I can't wait to see them. Now Britt will know the pains of zero depth perception x.o (Ciel has none of that xD)

I'm gonna try making the Tiger Racket again for con, and maybe getting Precious Metal Clay for the pendant... or just be careful with clay or model magic.

I want to eventually do Esper Terra and Celes with a group, but I'll just have no room for her. Eve is my main costume, and once she goes on... she don't come off. That's why the entirety of Day 2 will be take up with her; I want to be in the cosplay contest as well. Chel, putting on and taking off Eve will be like Beryl except times like... 20. xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01:41 am »
xD I can't wait to see them. Now Britt will know the pains of zero depth perception x.o (Ciel has none of that xD)

I'm gonna try making the Tiger Racket again for con, and maybe getting Precious Metal Clay for the pendant... or just be careful with clay or model magic.

I want to eventually do Esper Terra and Celes with a group, but I'll just have no room for her. Eve is my main costume, and once she goes on... she don't come off. That's why the entirety of Day 2 will be take up with her; I want to be in the cosplay contest as well. Chel, putting on and taking off Eve will be like Beryl except times like... 20. xD

Dude, if you are cosplaying Eve and I'm cosplaying Aya, we have to get a professional photographer to take our photos and make it as though it came out from the game. :O That would be amazing~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2011, 11:05:15 am »
^ I second that idea. You'd look so unbelievable. Do eeeeeeet. I've got a couple photographers I could highly recommend.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 11:11:27 am »
So how exactly are you going to do legs for the Eve costume? just ignore the tail thing and go with legs?

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 11:47:59 am »
oh goodness times 20?

when you do esper terra we need mirror pics.... just sayin
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2011, 12:03:05 pm »
Well if Sam does Cyan again and Heather brings Edgar *cough cough hint hint* we could start getting a 6 group together. If not, I think the comedy stylings of Tidus and Locke will make many con-goers happy. That or want to punch us in the face...

@Zensuke Well there are 14 playable characters, so it shouldn't be too hard to pick someone lol. Some that I think would fit would be Setzer, Shadow, or Sabin. Also it just hit me that a good chunk of the party members in 6 have names that start with S...
:-X

I'll so bring Edgar for you man. When I wore him this year noone knew who I was. Maybe with a bigger group though .n.
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~