Author Topic: Hetalia World Meeting 2012  (Read 35283 times)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
Re: Hetalia World Meeting 2012
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2011, 09:15:13 pm »
Thats a good one too.
 I know Germany's legal age is 16,
France's is 8 (legal age to drink wine that is)

Also, most americans don't know, but a minor can drink in their own house as long as the parent/caretaker says its okay.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:48:45 pm by RozenMaiden_Girl »
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline writingfast

• Cabbit
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2011, 09:21:53 pm »
And in Spain it is thirteen, last I did my research. And fourteen in Liechtenstein. Bringing that subject up around a Switzerland could prove to be amusing~ :D

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2011, 09:25:49 pm »
The one question that I have regarding this idea is this: who would be the ones to determine who will represent what country?

The obvious answer is the organizers. Though a pre-aranged set of criteria would be needed, like costume quality, acting/rp experience, and maybe a short paragraph of why they would be a good representative, like we do with cosplay chess.

I really like this idea, but instead of opening up in like july for applicants just have it like we said first come first serve and close it to applicants in August, I feel we would get more people that way and they have tons of time to get things together.
That's a great idea.

I also came up with another one...though it's alittle 18+ and I know we aren't doing an 18+ panel again...

But, age of consent/majority? For example, Iceland's is 15, Is this too young?

I bet we could pull this off in the under 18 if we watch ourselves >o>;
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2011, 09:43:31 pm »
The one question that I have regarding this idea is this: who would be the ones to determine who will represent what country?

The obvious answer is the organizers. Though a pre-aranged set of criteria would be needed, like costume quality, acting/rp experience, and maybe a short paragraph of why they would be a good representative, like we do with cosplay chess.

that's actually an exellent idea! But what if the person isn't done with the cosplay yet or would we send this out later in the year?

I would say open up applications at the beginning of July, Close mid-august, and announce a couple weeks before con, giving time for people to prepare.

Good I dea!

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2011, 11:49:25 pm »

I also really like this idea, actually.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2011, 09:00:21 am »
I really like this idea, but instead of opening up in like july for applicants just have it like we said first come first serve and close it to applicants in August, I feel we would get more people that way and they have tons of time to get things together.
I thougt the point was to limit the number of people, so that we could all sit up in front ala QA style? This way you could be selective in who gets in, Quality over Quantity. And you could select backups/substitutes in case something happens and people don't show up.

I also came up with another one...though it's alittle 18+ and I know we aren't doing an 18+ panel again...
[/quote]
I'm sure we could too...

Also to clarify, I wasn't talking about drinking age, I was talking "age of consent" which is when someone can Legally say yes to sex. For most of the US that age is 18, though some states is 16.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2011, 04:11:23 pm »
I thougt the point was to limit the number of people, so that we could all sit up in front ala QA style? This way you could be selective in who gets in, Quality over Quantity. And you could select backups/substitutes in case something happens and people don't show up.

I'm sure we could too...

Also to clarify, I wasn't talking about drinking age, I was talking "age of consent" which is when someone can Legally say yes to sex. For most of the US that age is 18, though some states is 16.
[/quote]

Kinda, I ment to put it like we might get more contries that way we get some plently of diffrent characters not just the super popular ones, And I figured we cap it off at 20-25 participating nations, it also depends on our room though.and yes backups are very good.
As for the other question I figured it was for consent I'm pretty sure that came up in the '10 meeting before as well, either way we would just have to watch ourselves and what we say.

Offline Taiyu.Ryu

• Cabbit
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2011, 04:52:32 pm »
I'll be Seychelles for the panel, most likely. xD

I want to do Japan

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »
So.... was my 'drinking' topic not a good topic?
-trying to think of more-

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2011, 05:46:56 pm »
So.... was my 'drinking' topic not a good topic?
-trying to think of more-
Thats not a bad topic at all.

Offline writingfast

• Cabbit
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2011, 08:51:38 pm »
I thought the drinking topic was one of the ones we wanted to cover this year, but with how long everything took we did not get around to it. I certainly did enough research on alcohol in Ukraine... I was a little disappointed to not get to talk about that. Apparently they really love to get drunk there.

We should also have some sports topics. I am not a sports fan, but I would love to do some research for whichever Nation I come as and their stances with things like football (or soccer, we Americans) and things like that. That could get some friendly rivalry up, which is better than bringing up opposite sides of a war or something like that. Considering certain jokes about certain wars are still off-colour and we had a few of those that made things a bit antsy during the 18+ panel if I recall correctly.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2011, 09:02:10 pm »
I don't like sports eather, but I would love to talk about it. I would love to look up stuff on italy. XD

Its cool because the panel is sorta like, us talking/teaching the panel veiws the culter of the nation. XD

well, if we are teacher, can I give out home work? XD jk
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:03:00 pm by RozenMaiden_Girl »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2011, 09:52:54 pm »
I think a small workshop or something would be nice too :3

Offline FullmetalApollo

• Chibi
    • Deviantart
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2011, 09:56:59 am »
OMG!!! I just remembered this but in the show when France and England are kids they freak out because "the world is going to end" and France said he alsways dreamed of conquring him before they die, so England goes along...But then all is okay. XD Lol Several years later (more current) Japan starts freaking out because he heard "the world is going to end" but England and France are just like"Psh-sha~!! Like that will happen" and totally blow it off. (I forget what episode this was)

If we have a "The End of The World" topic I think the whoever is France and I should not care and say it won't happen. XD Lol!!!

We should talk about that though! ^-^

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2011, 05:40:27 pm »
OMG!!! I just remembered this but in the show when France and England are kids they freak out because "the world is going to end" and France said he alsways dreamed of conquring him before they die, so England goes along...But then all is okay. XD Lol Several years later (more current) Japan starts freaking out because he heard "the world is going to end" but England and France are just like"Psh-sha~!! Like that will happen" and totally blow it off. (I forget what episode this was)

If we have a "The End of The World" topic I think the whoever is France and I should not care and say it won't happen. XD Lol!!!

I really like this Idea, but when people do talk, or bring up "the end of the world" I over freak and I get really scared. Even if its a joke. But If we did talk about this I think I would have to leave the room and come back because I would like... Get to scared because even if I know its gonna happen I get all weird. (Like when the 'rapture' was going to happen, I knew it wouldnt but I had like a panic attack untill the 'date' passed.)

But I still like the idea.

Offline FullmetalApollo

• Chibi
    • Deviantart
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2011, 06:32:34 pm »

I really like this Idea, but when people do talk, or bring up "the end of the world" I over freak and I get really scared. Even if its a joke. But If we did talk about this I think I would have to leave the room and come back because I would like... Get to scared because even if I know its gonna happen I get all weird. (Like when the 'rapture' was going to happen, I knew it wouldnt but I had like a panic attack untill the 'date' passed.)

Oh that's okay. ^_^ I'm not the one running this but I think we could set up a little skit where something happens so you run out of the room. Maybe France chases you out of the room but at the same time said France will keep an ear on the door to listen to the conversation to see when it will be okay to come in. ^_^ Would that be an option, RozenMaiden_Girl? Chibiorochimaru, what do you think?

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2011, 06:52:20 pm »

Oh that's okay. ^_^ I'm not the one running this but I think we could set up a little skit where something happens so you run out of the room. Maybe France chases you out of the room but at the same time said France will keep an ear on the door to listen to the conversation to see when it will be okay to come in. ^_^ Would that be an option, RozenMaiden_Girl? Chibiorochimaru, what do you think?

I like that idea! I could be like "NO! SAVE THE PASTA!" then come back. "Its all good, we still got pasta... I don't know about Germany's wrust though." XD Italy implying that he doesn't like wrust.

Offline FullmetalApollo

• Chibi
    • Deviantart
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2011, 06:54:07 pm »

I like that idea! I could be like "NO! SAVE THE PASTA!" then come back. "Its all good, we still got pasta... I don't know about Germany's wrust though." XD Italy implying that he doesn't like wrust.
Lol! XD We'd have to talk to Chibiorochimaro or Mitsukai Mizu Amaya if you can do that though.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2011, 06:59:57 pm »
We should also have some sports topics. I am not a sports fan, but I would love to do some research for whichever Nation I come as and their stances with things like football (or soccer, we Americans) and things like that. That could get some friendly rivalry up, which is better than bringing up opposite sides of a war or something like that. Considering certain jokes about certain wars are still off-colour and we had a few of those that made things a bit antsy during the 18+ panel if I recall correctly.

I support this idea completely!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline sobakunorozu

• Cabbit
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2011, 01:39:16 am »
Wow go away for a few days and things happen!
Anyway I do like all of the ideas that have been posted. We of course need to make sure that no one is uncomfortable and if Italy will have a panic attack about the end of the world we shouldn't do it. I'm worried others might react the same way.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2011, 12:43:03 pm »

Lol! XD We'd have to talk to Chibiorochimaro or Mitsukai Mizu Amaya if you can do that though.

I don't mind xD as long as we plan it for a certain part of the panel and everthing and like, make sure the yoji in the room know its planned. 

And yes as far as jokes go we need to be careful about some things. At the 18+ I heard some nazi jokes that were not okay. Please guys when it comes to this sort of thing, think before you talk there not funny and they not only make you look back they make the series and our con look bad too so please be respectful and mature about these sort of jokes.
Before I get off the seriouse bussiness here, me and Mitsukai Mizu Amaya thought that it would be good to take just a few mins of the beggining of the world meeting to bring up flags and how to treat them properly. We wanted to this year but neither us of really had the spotlight. Just bring up the simple things like not setting them on the ground, using them as capes and not using them to twirl around and dance with (I love color guard as much as the next person but yea...) Just as a refresher to people and just to bring people's attention to it. 

Offline FullmetalApollo

• Chibi
    • Deviantart
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2011, 01:02:34 pm »
Before I get off the seriouse bussiness here, me and Mitsukai Mizu Amaya thought that it would be good to take just a few mins of the beggining of the world meeting to bring up flags and how to treat them properly. We wanted to this year but neither us of really had the spotlight. Just bring up the simple things like not setting them on the ground, using them as capes and not using them to twirl around and dance with (I love color guard as much as the next person but yea...) Just as a refresher to people and just to bring people's attention to it. 
I agree and it will be a good way to spread the knowledge of how to deal with flags for all the crazy Hetalia fans. XD

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2011, 01:30:31 pm »
It would be a good idea .n.;  Not this year but the one before I saw a few hetalia fans tying up one another with their flags (like rolling them up and using them that way) Its really not okay u.u;

Offline FullmetalApollo

• Chibi
    • Deviantart
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2011, 01:32:26 pm »
Yeah I remember that...I also remember a Germany getting their flag stolen.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2011, 02:01:43 pm »
oh yea I remember that too, that poor Germany.

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2011, 03:13:59 pm »
i feel bad i didnt make it to either of them, some things happen. but i would like to sign up as canada agian?
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »
Yes I think maybe we should ask permission to do things

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2011, 07:35:00 pm »
I agree and it will be a good way to spread the knowledge of how to deal with flags for all the crazy Hetalia fans. XD

It should be pointed out that, unless you're doing some of these things in a form of legally-established protest or something, some forms of misusing flags can be illegal (though the American flag is really the only one that would be an issue with the law), such as having it lying on the ground.  This was actually an issue that Camas, WA faced several years ago when a woman proposed to have the city's main road have its lane borders painted with red, white, & blue stripes, so as to be patriotic.  Camas eventually did so, and with the way that the stripes were painted, they looked more like the flag for the Netherlands.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2011, 09:02:29 pm »
With wering them as capes.... Its not really a disrespect thing, but illegal to do. But don't were it still, because people can think its also disrespectful any way.......

And I remember that germany who got her flag stolen.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2011, 10:18:52 pm »
With wering them as capes.... Its not really a disrespect thing, but illegal to do.

That I wasn't sure on, but it's good to know...

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2011, 08:19:38 pm »
With wering them as capes.... Its not really a disrespect thing, but illegal to do.

Yeah, but I think thats with the american flag.... (In this country) Not sure about others... What the law is... Is basicly "The flag can not be used an an artical of clothing, BUT it can be printed on clothings"

I find this funny because alot of bandana companies, and people use flags as bandanas. =/

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »

Yeah, but I think thats with the american flag.... (In this country) Not sure about others... What the law is... Is basicly "The flag can not be used an an artical of clothing, BUT it can be printed on clothings"

I find this funny because alot of bandana companies, and people use flags as bandanas. =/

Well, bandanas are technically printed clothing, but I see where you're coming from with that.  I think with the others, it wouldn't be illegal, but probably viewed as disrespectful.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »

Well, bandanas are technically printed clothing, but I see where you're coming from with that.  I think with the others, it wouldn't be illegal, but probably viewed as disrespectful.

I guess, but I my self like, cant get offened by any thing.... And I for got that some times people get offend alot and because of who I am I just have like try REALLY hard to not say any thing stupid, because I am a natural meen person, but I don't want to be... So thats why I don't talk a hole lot even if it seems like I do................ -random rant- sorry. XD

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2011, 09:03:27 am »

Yeah if it's a square piece of cloth it isn't the flag, each national flag has it's own specific demensions.
The clothing law is more about wrapping yourself in it or cutting an actual flag to make clothing. Or This: http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/1/128988851143076109.jpg

I found a 20+ page booklet at work all about American flag etiqute which I would gladdly photocopy and bring along.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2011, 07:25:43 pm »

Yeah if it's a square piece of cloth it isn't the flag, each national flag has it's own specific demensions.
The clothing law is more about wrapping yourself in it or cutting an actual flag to make clothing. Or This: http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/1/128988851143076109.jpg

I found a 20+ page booklet at work all about American flag etiqute which I would gladdly photocopy and bring along.

Do you know if its just the american flag? Or........ others?

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2011, 08:05:47 pm »

Do you know if its just the american flag? Or........ others?

It is just the American flag, though it does mention what to do when flying the flag with other national flags...and this is all on American soil, the rules change depending on which nation you're in.

And it's over 30 pages.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2011, 08:24:42 pm »
I don't want to discourage anyone from following etiquette, but just a minor point: Etiquette, although important, isn't law.

There have actually been several cases of people burning the American flag and getting arrested, but it's always been overturned. Even going that far in disrespecting the flag is considered freedom of speech.

I'm really glad to hang out with a group like this, where people try very hard to respect each other's feelings because they want to... not because they have to. I wouldn't want to live in a country where someone could be arrested just for being disrespectful.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2011, 06:48:04 am »
I get your point, I just think people should know the rules before they go breaking them.
I guess I just want Hetalians to do their research, both of the character and the country. I've done that for both Ukraine and Poland.

The booklet also contains where to find the actual flag laws, if they had encluded them it would have been a book, not a booklet.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2011, 07:36:31 pm »
I don't want to discourage anyone from following etiquette, but just a minor point: Etiquette, although important, isn't law.

There have actually been several cases of people burning the American flag and getting arrested, but it's always been overturned. Even going that far in disrespecting the flag is considered freedom of speech.

I'm really glad to hang out with a group like this, where people try very hard to respect each other's feelings because they want to... not because they have to. I wouldn't want to live in a country where someone could be arrested just for being disrespectful.

I find this ironic because if the american flag touches the ground, Out of an accedent, your supost to burn it as respect for the flag.
But thats differant from just going out and getting one just to burn. Wich I think is really not cool, and alot of people will get up set. So Its best just not do it even if you are doing because it ACCENDENTLY touched the ground.

Offline The L.Avator

• Cabbit
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2011, 08:11:14 pm »

Just reading through the forums,
I was a fem!germany this year with a flag  (<-- picture) and one point someone did run off with it. Was a bit annoying since I pretty much had to chase them down. :/ Got it back though, good thing too since it was signed by Todd Haberkorn xD

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2011, 08:16:12 pm »

Just reading through the forums,
I was a fem!germany this year with a flag  (<-- picture) and one point someone did run off with it. Was a bit annoying since I pretty much had to chase them down. :/ Got it back though, good thing too since it was signed by Todd Haberkorn xD

Its sorta disresepct to write on flags, but It is kool that the person who signed it was Todd.

Offline The L.Avator

• Cabbit
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2011, 08:48:16 pm »
....really? crappppppp!!!
okay, im kinda freaking out now. i really really didnt mean any harm by it. I was trying to be respectful of my flag all through the con, not letting touch the ground and trying not to hit people with it (if i did it was completly an accident) I feel really really bad now. i mean really.
-bows- im sorry1 reall sorry!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:05:07 pm by The L.Avator »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2011, 10:43:00 pm »
I am happy to say myself that when I saw hetalia characters they weren't being disrespectful to their flags.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2011, 12:20:09 am »
....really? crappppppp!!!
okay, im kinda freaking out now. i really really didnt mean any harm by it. I was trying to be respectful of my flag all through the con, not letting touch the ground and trying not to hit people with it (if i did it was completly an accident) I feel really really bad now. i mean really.
-bows- im sorry1 reall sorry!

awww -hugs- its okay, you didnt know. So its no big deal. Don't worry about it to much. But know you do know, but really, don't worry.
And your sorry for it, so I don't really think any one can truely get made at you.

So wait, do all the flag rules also go along with the white flag too? XD
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:21:17 am by RozenMaiden_Girl »

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2011, 02:26:59 am »
I am happy to say myself that when I saw hetalia characters they weren't being disrespectful to their flags.
People were alot better with flags this year then in '10 i'm so proud of us all <3

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2011, 08:08:51 am »
People were alot better with flags this year then in '10 i'm so proud of us all <3

As am I but I would still look out on that part just in case.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2011, 02:36:32 pm »
Even going that far in disrespecting the flag is considered freedom of speech.

That also depends on how it's done though, too.  I've heard of many of these examples in which the rulings were over-turned, but I've heard of a couple in which they weren't.

As am I but I would still look out on that part just in case.

I'll agree, but I think the numbers were a little bit smaller than they were in '09, weren't they?

Hey, here's an idea.  Perhaps we can have someone come in to teach the proper way to fold a flag...?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2011, 05:20:44 pm »
my flag isn't exactly one of those ones you can properly fold.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2011, 08:04:49 pm »
OKAY really this convo is getting stupid in its own way now hey lets talk about what is going to happen this pannle for next year what are the plans becuse you guys had 200+ people waiting in line for it. not to be rude or uncalled for but some people really want to see what the ideas are other then how people rudful defiled a flag.

THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:07:17 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2011, 08:08:10 pm »
Hey, here's an idea.  Perhaps we can have someone come in to teach the proper way to fold a flag...?

The thing is, is that each country has their own way of folding flags. America's is really specific with the triangle fold, while Poland (for example) doesn't have rules for how their flag is folded.