Author Topic: sword picture  (Read 6582 times)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
sword picture
« on: September 08, 2011, 11:15:43 am »
heya, there's this sword on the second floor on the second day of the con and i was just thinking where the pics are posted-- 8D
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline backtoblue

• Cabbit
Re: sword picture
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 04:03:12 pm »
Are you talking about the sword guy?
Con plans-
Sat: Okumura Rin(Ao no Exorcist)
Sun: Teuton Prussia(Hetalia)
Mon: Greece(Hetalia) or Rin(AnE)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 05:58:12 pm »
the guy with the camera and asks you to hold the sword while he takes a pic of you?? if you're talking about that guy, yes X3
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 06:23:31 pm »
I wanna see all the photos of people that got there photo taken with that sword, too! :o
Beep bep

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »

Be patient. He's got a LOT to upload.
 He said he would post them all on a Photobucket and send them to anyone who thought to give him thier info. I'll post links to any good ones when I get them.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 07:27:55 pm »
can you tell him to send my black rock kaito pic to this e-mail??

angelopalicte@yahoo.com

thank you~~

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:46:27 pm »
Yeah, he said he'd make a forum name and post the links here as well. I got my pics taken twice by him! :D

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 08:53:12 pm »
I just found that he posted his photobucket link on the Kumoricon Facebook page.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/thatswordguy1/Kumoricon2011/?start=all

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 09:42:07 pm »
FWEEEE~<3 sankyuu~!

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 10:09:26 pm »
Damn. All of mine turned out blurry.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 12:21:47 am »
DLing it and uploading it in FB- i will credit the photographer of course

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 01:38:58 pm »
Hooray~! Haha I love his photobucket name "thatswordguy1", amazing. xD
Beep bep

Offline The_Sword_guy

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 01:49:31 am »
I feel so loved... T_T I promise ill work on the blurry ones soon, tons of irl stuff to do, so little time, but i will make time for youa ll and the pics that need work! =D Im sorry it took so long to get it up, i had to get help from a staff buddy to do so, but as you can see it worked out in the end. ^_^

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 06:50:26 pm »
In case you weren't told.
Uh, next year try and keep the giant piece of live steel out of the con space proper. I didn't know you had been on the second floor with that thing.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 11:01:20 pm »
I doubt it was sharp so I don't think it went against con rules. I'm sure the staff would have said something if it were against the rules.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 12:45:10 am »
I doubt it was sharp so I don't think it went against con rules. I'm sure the staff would have said something if it were against the rules.

........ :-\
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 10:20:28 am »
I remember seeing someone from staff look at it because they were also concerned about it.  I didn't pay close attention, just heard there were some stipulations to him being able to photograph people with it and something about "barely con legal".  I never saw it up close, but if it is indeed sharp then that's dangerous to have at the con. ^^;;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 01:46:08 pm »
I'm sure it was "barely con legal", but I didn't even think of it whenever I saw him. Maybe I should've been more concerned? :-\

But it was fine. It didn't look sharp when I held it, just a large dull blade of awesome! And I enjoyed his swordy presence at the con ;D
Beep bep

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 11:54:35 pm »
Guys, sharpness is not the issue. It's a metal blade. The rules are pretty simple in that regard.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 03:23:55 pm »
"Live (sharp enough to cut) steel" according to the policy page so it was legal in that respect if it were dull. The only rule that was broken is "All bladed items must be kept in their sheaths at all times in the Convention Space." but that would have to be applied to wooden swords too.

I am somewhat tired of this overprotective attitude in places personally. Better start banning pens and paper, oh and while we're at it, we'd better amputate people's limbs because they're dangerous too.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 03:29:46 pm »
I know I'm going to get flamed for this comment, but as for not allowing people to carry even with a conceal carry permit, that is just inviting the con to become a killing ground. I completely agree that live weapons shouldn't be in the open in the case of an anime convention because props can easily be mistaken as live and vise versa, but a responsible conceal carry gun owner is not going to be the threat at a con. On the other hand, We all know people that hate anime/videogames/whatever they want to hate, and if they know that a bunch of defenseless nerds are there, they may take advantage of it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not looking forward to the day that one of our wonderful conventions gets turned into another columbine/virginia tech/fort hood massacre because someone knows they can get away with it until the police eventually show up.

[/rant] sorry guys.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »
To me, it's a uniquely American perspective that guns prevent gun violence. Look at Japan, for example.

That aside, I suppose it's possible that someone will decide it's against their religion or culture or whatever and that all anime nerds must die. But at least to me, the probability of that happening times the harm it would cause is still far less than 100% probability times the harm of constantly living in fear of some unknown madman. I think it's insane that we're willing to put up with so much fear as it is... I'm just waiting for the "tampon bomber" to strike, prompting Homeland Security to start cavity-searching everyone who boards a plane.  :P
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »
"tampon bomber" oh boy >.<

Or how about when they ban CD/DVD's because someone sharpens one into a blade?
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 06:50:12 pm »
I know I'm going to get flamed for this comment, but as for not allowing people to carry even with a conceal carry permit, that is just inviting the con to become a killing ground.

WTF?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline The_Sword_guy

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 03:11:40 am »
In case you weren't told.
Uh, next year try and keep the giant piece of live steel out of the con space proper. I didn't know you had been on the second floor with that thing.

I haven't heard it called that yet. XD Don't worry, it wasn't live steel, i believe it's called stage steel, im not sure, but it wasn't sharp, don't worry, got it peace tied and everything, it was fully con legal, heck, i got a ton of the staff to pose with it even, i got kieth, the guy that ran the "slightly anime dating game" to pose with it. I appreciate the concern however. ^_^

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 03:17:53 am »
I can't wait to try more pictures with it again, especially if I finish my Kefka cosplay. I love irony.  :D
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline The_Sword_guy

• Cabbit
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 03:24:27 am »
And i was told by a staff member of, from what i hear, 6 years of experience, i could have it out for pictures, as long as it went straight back in when i was done. I was thanked by every single person that got to take a pic with it, and i mean every single, hell the people that almost ruined it for everyone else, got horribly bashed for it. Now im not saying your gonna get bashed for it if you keep saying what you have to say, but everyone loved it, come on now, some things are ok, and some things aren't, yes, and from the reaction i got, this seemed to be ok. Now, i did get hassle here and there, and when i explained everything to any of the staff that stopped me, they understood, and ok'd it 100 percent, and most of the time they took a pic with the sword. Now i understand where your coming from, but i assure you, any and all things were legal about what i was doing. Also, i was making sure it was the safest possible setup when i was taking pics, making sure no one was behind the people holding it, or that they were as stable as they could be holding the sword, and for the love of god, why did everyone insist on wanting to pretend to stab each other with it. Not cool. lol All in all, what im trying to say, is i understand, but it was completely safe, i demonstrated this to anyone with concern by using my own hand to test the safety every time, showing that if it was going to hurt anyone than i would be the first to bleed.

Offline The_Sword_guy

• Cabbit
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 03:27:19 am »
I can't wait to try more pictures with it again, especially if I finish my Kefka cosplay. I love irony.  :D
As long as i have it with me next year you can take as many as you like. ^_^