Author Topic: FilkAeris Panels  (Read 6172 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
FilkAeris Panels
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:31:33 pm »
Hey, were you at the Filking 101 panel or Filk it Up! later that day? Then you're in the right thread!

I'm making this for people to post links to the filks they did or that they mentioned. I never got to hear Rem's Doctor Who filks atbecause that panel was way too full.

Here's the three that I performed.

http://tomthefanboy.deviantart.com/art/Steel-That-s-Live-134050059

http://tomthefanboy.deviantart.com/art/Papercraft-Sculptor-145531110

http://tomthefanboy.deviantart.com/art/Ain-t-Seen-Meta-Yet-155268771

all my recent filks are posted here,
http://tomthefanboy.deviantart.com/gallery/6887948
And if you really want to see some old ones you can check the notes for a link to my old parody jukebox page from the 90s.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:40:07 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Filk Aerith Panels
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:07:58 am »
Sorry about that, Tom!
Do you have the video of my Supernatural filks from the panel? I was hoping to show Ally her birthday song :)

You would have *loved* hearing an entire room of 100+ people sing along with my Time Lord Time Warp filk.

I'm hoping someone took audio (someone had turned the lights out for the video that was buffering, unfortunately).
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: Filk Aerith Panels
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:41:02 pm »
Sorry about that, Tom!
Do you have the video of my Supernatural filks from the panel? I was hoping to show Ally her birthday song :)

I definitely have it. You will see it once it's uploaded.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
Re: FilkAeris Panels
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 02:57:59 pm »
I wasn't there, but my bf wrote the lyrics for the "I'm Gary Oak" filk. If anyone has seen that. XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZsI9NsNEsM
He's currently writing lyrics for a Gary Oak parody of "Captain Jack Sparrow," also by Lonely Island. Occasionally he asks for my help, but I'm not that great at it. XD
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 04:17:19 pm »
Totally excited! Thanks, Tom.
And btw, bunny_jean, I <3 Paprika....I spoke about it in last year's Religion in Anime
& Manga panel.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 05:27:29 pm »
Oh cool! I love that movie so much! I've watched it way too many times. XD
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 10:53:16 am »
OK, the uploads for this panel are loading right now! Here's part one of ten;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5DjvkO-B8
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:27:34 pm »
OK, the uploads for this panel are loading right now! Here's part one of ten;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5DjvkO-B8

my face at 0:08

totally video bombed that one, lolderp XD   Thanks for posting the videos!! Yeesh, I messed up so badly :B

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 11:31:12 pm »
Thanks for posting the videos!! Yeesh, I messed up so badly :B

No no no no! Your song was great! It was so cool to hear an original song! As much as I love parody I'm rubbish at any sort of normal song writing. Give me a tune and maybe I can paste some words to it but doing lyrics and melody is quite impressive!

There's plenty of time to practice for next year after all.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 12:24:23 pm »
Thanks for posting the videos!! Yeesh, I messed up so badly :B

No no no no! Your song was great! It was so cool to hear an original song! As much as I love parody I'm rubbish at any sort of normal song writing. Give me a tune and maybe I can paste some words to it but doing lyrics and melody is quite impressive!

There's plenty of time to practice for next year after all.

Everything he said! Be ready to perform it our Doctor Who fandom, as well! Jaki already agreed, we need a bigger room!

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 08:36:38 am »
You guys are so sweet!! Thanks!  I actually had the song down in practice (Lindsey was my test audience), I just got so nervous performing in front of people--I was literally shaking and my voice wouldn't behave itself (which is slightly odd, I have been in choirs and bands and performed on many stages with no problems, but I guess a stage is different than a room of people at eye level).

Ellen--I'm so glad it's getting a bigger room!! That's awesome. And I'll be there for the panel at Orycon, uke ready :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 09:01:39 am »
Guess who just made my day!!!!

BTW, I did mention to OryCon Programming the phenomenal turnout our DW panel had @ KC.
Contemplating whether to move Make Your Own Sonic Screwdriver & Tiptoe Through the TARDIS to a bigger room @ Ory. However, the fact is, unless a bunch of the AWESOME attendees from KC make the leap, it's probably not necessary, and I presently don't have 2 hours of other prog to put in the CS to fill the holes, if it does move.

For those who have never been to OryCon, btw, Filk is HUGE there. There is, literally, an entire filk wing and track at the con. You could spend the weekend entirely in filk programming, seriously.

You guys are so sweet!! Thanks!  I actually had the song down in practice (Lindsey was my test audience), I just got so nervous performing in front of people--I was literally shaking and my voice wouldn't behave itself (which is slightly odd, I have been in choirs and bands and performed on many stages with no problems, but I guess a stage is different than a room of people at eye level).

Ellen--I'm so glad it's getting a bigger room!! That's awesome. And I'll be there for the panel at Orycon, uke ready :D

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 11:41:24 am »
...arrrgh, did I not find this thread back in September?  Or did I just forget to post to it?  I can't remember...!!

Either way, Tom, thank you so much for putting up a thread for people to touch base and reconnect.  ♥  You are a scholar and a gentleman, sir, and you were more on the ball than I was.  Everyone at the panels was totally awesome, and I'm still delighted months later with how well they went and how much fun people seemed to be having with each other.  Way to filk, everybody!   ;D

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »
FilkAeris: I really want to participate again in this panel next year. Do you know what times you're requesting on what days?
I want to be sure I don't schedule anything I'm in at the same time.

Also, let's coordinate on a panel form for Fanfic Bedtime Stories, ideally for around the same time as last year. That was so much fun! Love you!
Rem
(541) 606-0318 (texts preferred).