Author Topic: So can we turn the sun off now please?  (Read 7033 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
So can we turn the sun off now please?
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:22:59 am »
Agggg!!

We had been having such a nice summer too, but the muggyness that has arrived makes it not cool down at night.

*Also heat+pregnant=bad*
We have a small ac unit hubby set up in living room, so I know I really should not complain esp with other states in the 100s.
BUT when the only time I feel okay is sitting in front of it all day, or taking a cold shower that is not good.

Ag only thing to really do I drink lots of water, I already wake up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom (baby take up bladder space)
Adding in heat muggyness I don't remember how many times I woke up.
 :(

One minor funny result, when I get up at night I brush some water over my face and bangs to cool off, some times it gives me these curly ctuthulu bangs
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: So can we turn the sun off now please?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:03:56 pm »
Ah, no kidding. This balmy summer crap can leave now and never come back (in the resonant words of Gollum). It's gross and uncomfortable, and I hate it (for at least 365 reasons).

I am just praying that it cools down for next weekend, otherwise we're all going to be in trouble.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:13:00 pm »
I ice my apartment to 60 at night with the AC and all windows closed cept one to allow air circulaiton. Add the ceiling fans and I am ok. Still walking to work in the heat SUCKS!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 02:59:50 pm »
Lucky you.

Today it was freezing. Nighttime was cold too. As I was walking back from class half an hour ago, I saw fog coming in, too. And it rained this morning.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »
where you at?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »
San Francisco.

Just looked out my window. FOG ERRYWHERE.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:08:25 pm »
Can't wait for it to start rainin' again.  I love summer nights because they're great for riding my bike, but I much prefer it to be overcast all day and raining all night than way too hot all day and intolerable outside until 10pm :/
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:59:46 pm »
congrats! you live in Silent Hill now.

OH THE SUN, MY WORST ENEMY. Being the pasty child that i am, this heat is killing me. My house has no air conditioning and i sleep upstairs. It better not be like this for kcon or i swear to god, i will blow up the sun myself.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 03:27:01 pm »
Oh yeah that different for everyone too

I am the only one in my family that does not tan, not fair.

I burn and then burn more, 5 mins of direct sunlight =sun burn

also my hands allergic to lotion, so I can't put isun block on myself

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »
Did anyone else hear that massive thunderstorm last night? ;A; Woke me right up at about 3am and kept me up for nearly half an hour. Gawd i hate thunder...

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 05:51:24 pm »
I find thunderstorms to be very relaxing. They put me to sleep
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 05:54:03 pm »
I used to love them, but after an inccedent a few years ago (not going to get into it because it's a VERY long story), i'm afraid of them now .w.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 08:20:11 pm »
I was refusing to be awake at that time.  Pregnancy makes your bladder the size of a tea cup, so that means getting up 3-5 times a night and  by 3am I tend to get a snack but I was like "NO MORE not leaving bed I AM ASLEEPS!!!1!!!!"

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 08:49:04 pm »
congrats! you live in Silent Hill now.
^ this makes me happy

I hate it! I'm a Portlander! I'm not used to 90 degrees!!!!
and my mom, she gets hot flashes a lot and so the heat is making her CRABBY!

I'm a deep sleeper, but I had to go the bathroom and on my way back to bed I saw the flashes of lightning and then went back to sleep
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 10:51:33 pm »
I'm definitely ready for the rain again. When freezing cold showers feels good it's time for seasons to change.

I hope it's cooler during kumo.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 10:58:39 pm »
You know . . I had a window AC installed into my bedroom window.  I'm loving life this summer.

Normally, I'd be dying.  I have 4 computers running in my room at all hours.  The heat from that alone is pretty intense.  Throw in the fact that the sun beats down on my window at all hours of the day and you have a potent recipe for some restless nights . . provided no AC.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 11:11:31 pm »
The AC in my house has been out of commission for the last few weeks. It's been sucky. Can't cook anything in the house with out making it more miserable. I've noticed I get cranky easily when I'm too warm and hungry..

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 10:10:20 pm »
I'm so lucky that I live in northern Washington (in the same county as the sparkly vampires) and work nights. It's been good temps for me (nice and chilly). But last time I went to stay w/ Cannonaire (my BF in Portland) the heat literally made me sick, and I even got a sunburn on the drive >.<

So this time before I drove down for the con I bought a big box fan for his condo, covered myself in SPF 100 (which apparently exists), and even put on a long sleeved white shirt and big floppy hat. TRY TO GET ME NOW SUN!! BWAHAHA!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:12:20 pm by Killer_Tofu »
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 08:16:30 am »
covered myself in SPF 100 (which apparently exists), and even put on a long sleeved white shirt and big floppy hat. TRY TO GET ME NOW SUN!! BWAHAHA!!!

I saw Tom Wilson (Biff from back to the future) and he did a bit about the sun, starting off with
"I am SPF DON'T GO OUT SIDE"

..I am too....

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 10:33:45 pm »
I can handle 8 months of Winter...it's the 2 months of summer that I hate about living in Portland. :P

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 12:00:53 am »
I really don't want to hear any *****ing.

I love the sun, it makes me happy. The rest of the year is very depressing for me. I understand that I am only one person but I don't think I'm being selfish for wanting to enjoy the..two/three months out of the year where it's actually over 60 without listening to everyone whine and get down right ANGRY about it
It is selfish to ***** when you get your way the other ten months out of the year. And don't  give m that 'you understand I have some insignificant
 health  non-issue. I have crystals in my eyes and so I'm so photo-phobic I feel like I'm being stabbed in the eye with thousands of tiny flaming-spears but I STILL enjoy it.

If you really can't handle it, stay inside and let the rest of us enjoy our whole two months of happiness, k?

edit note: censored unsavory language to *****.  Remember to use family-friendly language on these forums.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:50:21 am by DancingTofu »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 07:45:08 am »
Try to keep language civil and family friendly please.

I like living in Portland because I enjoy cloudy skies and light rain.  There's lots of sun in California and a better job market to boot, so if you aren't fond of the rain, Portland's probably not really the ideal place for you.  I hear a lot more complaining about the rain (which is commonplace and not a big deal for most people, and essential in maintaining the Columbia Gorge's rich wildlife) than I do about the Sun.  I'm prone to heat exhaustion and anemic fainting and rely on my bike for transportation, so I pretty much shut down completely when it's over 90°  Rain doesn't interfere with my ability to live my life.  90 degree weather does.  I'd say that's plenty to complain about.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 08:54:01 am »
Try to keep language civil and family friendly please.

I like living in Portland because I enjoy cloudy skies and light rain.  There's lots of sun in California and a better job market to boot, so if you aren't fond of the rain, Portland's probably not really the ideal place for you.  I hear a lot more complaining about the rain (which is commonplace and not a big deal for most people, and essential in maintaining the Columbia Gorge's rich wildlife) than I do about the Sun.  I'm prone to heat exhaustion and anemic fainting and rely on my bike for transportation, so I pretty much shut down completely when it's over 90°  Rain doesn't interfere with my ability to live my life.  90 degree weather does.  I'd say that's plenty to complain about.

Oh right. Most of the forums I;m on don't mind if you swear so it's a habit I'll refrain from now on.

I actually live in Seattle. It rains even more.
I don't care. I'm completely broken. Everything is a painful hassle and interference's with my life I don't go around complaining or expecting everyone to accommodate me. It''s just the way it is. I find things to enjoy and focus on them. I don't understand why no one else can do the same.
Besides, it isn't all about your. The sun makes many people and is good for p;ants.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:56:10 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 05:52:56 am »
Sounds like you're complaining about the complainers...so maybe take your own advise?

Just because a few people want to express their hatred of the sun doesn't mean you can come and tell us to shut up. This thread is FOR complaining about the sun. We aren't stopping you from making an "I love the sun!" thread.

So yeah...this isn't all about you and the sun doesn't make everyone happy when it's boiling our skin off.
We each have our own thoughts and feelings so maybe you should respect that before preaching that we shouldn't complain. :/

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Kurokaizoku

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 11:56:03 am »
i agree with everyone here except Heir. Personally, I don't burn but I hate being tan-so freaking much- This summer made me realize how much I want to be able to live in a place only seasonally. I went to NYC for 2 weeks + 6days on a bus round trip, and I drove to Montana with no AC and spent 3 weeks there. I hate the sun. So much. I mean, OK, it can be bright or whatever but anything approaching 80 makes me want to cry. I haven't gotten to see Oregon rain since JUNE. JUNE PEOPLE. It is my favorite weather. It rained when I was in NYC once and I got really excited---then I left my hotel and nearly threw up. It made the smell worse. I always forget to put sunscreen on in the car so my arms are super dark. my chest is slightly tan and everywhere else is my normal, preferred, pasty tone. I'd post a picture of how pale-with a blue hue because I was so freaking pale-I used to be but I don't have one on this compy. Seriously, someone turn of the day death star for summer plz.
'07- Console Gaming staff. First con. Ever.
'08- Console Gaming staff.
'09- Console Gaming Manager.
'10- Console Gaming Assistant Manager
'11- Con Suite Manager
'12- Live Events Assistant Manager

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 11:59:06 am »
Sounds like you're complaining about the complainers...so maybe take your own advise?

Just because a few people want to express their hatred of the sun doesn't mean you can come and tell us to shut up. This thread is FOR complaining about the sun. We aren't stopping you from making an "I love the sun!" thread.

So yeah...this isn't all about you and the sun doesn't make everyone happy when it's boiling our skin off.
We each have our own thoughts and feelings so maybe you should respect that before preaching that we shouldn't complain. :/

As usual, your missing the point.  I'm not the one so vehemently demanding that something which makes others happy go away. And the rest of the year when it is rainy and miserable, I accept it and do not demand that it stop. I can deal with it.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 12:06:12 pm »

As usual, your missing the point.  I'm not the one so vehemently demanding that something which makes others happy go away. And the rest of the year when it is rainy and miserable, I accept it and do not demand that it stop. I can deal with it.

1) You can't say "as usual" because you've never talked to me before.

2) "I'm not the one so vehemently demanding that something which makes others happy go away." You are demanding we stop complaining. Maybe complaining makes us happy. Then what?

3) If you don't agree with this thread then don't post here. :/ Simple as that. Go make your own praise the sun thread.

4) Trolls be not welcome here. -ends conversation-

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »
I am at the point where I have prenatal appointments every week now.  The doctor checked to make sure I have a/c access at today's appt, this really isn't healthy weather for pregnancy. 

And for another TOO MUCH INFO MOMENT:
After I went to the DMV for more name changey stuff before I have baby

and I was waiting in line when I realized....dun dun dun!!!

I was in such a hurry for doctors appt I forgot my deodorant and I was sweating up a storm

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 04:36:17 am »
We can turn off the sun just as long as I can cuddle up to the heater for the rest of my life. ^_^

70-85 degrees preferred for me. Con was bearable but certainly not great when wearing a coat with a scarf...
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 09:13:02 am »
^ you and my mom, really she always like it warmer, prob from being from LA.

I will say the A/C does dry out the sinuses something pretty awful.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 12:57:49 pm »
As someone with chronic rhinitis, I love the feeling the AC give my sinuses. I'm always much less stuffy nosed when the A/C is on.

Then again, my house is next to a swamp so I do get a lot of humidity here (for Oregon) when I open up the windows. Being on the third floor doesn't help, and neither does having a desk on the West-facing side of the building.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 02:06:22 pm »
My body doesn't heat up like it should.... So while every one at con was dieing of heat. I was in my uniform plus anouther jaket and I still didnt feel hot. I like spring weather the best.

I hate fall and winter because I freeze. I have to put a trench coat on in the fall to stay warm...

So I say, keep the heat.
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 05:54:38 pm »
^ same as rozen said. It is weird too because I have above average metabolism but most of the heat for my core I have to absorbe from outside sources... to put it in battletech terms, I'm running an oversized reactor with too many heatsinks. I do notice everything levels out when I work out though, which is nice.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done