Author Topic: kumoricon or otaku family reunion (an idea)  (Read 2711 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
kumoricon or otaku family reunion (an idea)
« on: August 09, 2011, 10:11:54 am »
Hi y'all, my family is pretty small and one of the things I love about k-con is the family feel of it. 
I was just thinking about it and going to con it makes me think of going  to family reunions....only more fun

If you've been to a family reunion, there are kinds of people you always seem to run into at them
 Its kinda like friends you meet/make/keep from previous con(s)
 A few example

Your mothers cousin's wife you met once when 3 and who thinks (for whatever reason) remembers you and (thinks) you must remember them, while you are like (who you?)
=
Random cosplayer who knows your name and members your past years cosplays better then you do

or maybe
that aunt or grandma who is known for bringing all the yummy home made pies cookies candy ect =
That peep who brings candy, pocky or homemade cookies to share for no reason other then to be nice.

the sister you band together with at family events against boredom and the unknown, at con is you good friend you see every week, that goes with you to a new event your not sure about.

Can you think of any to post?

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: kumoricon or otaku family reunion (an idea)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:12:20 pm »
My cousin saying that my inspiring her to be a vegetarian
=
the attendee who said she met her perfect beta at my beta reading panel the previous year.

Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline lilyrosa143

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 10:57:50 pm »
that person you met in the day 0 line=your long lost twin sister  ;D
What does man value more than life, yet fear more than death and mortal strife? What the poor have the rich require, and what contented men desire. What the mizer spends and the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to there graves.

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:42:42 pm »
Meeting the person who won the AMV or cosplay contest
=
Meeting that second cousin you've only heard about who went to Harvard.

Bonus:
That funny looking guy cosplaying Seshoumaru and eating a quesadila at my (and his) first Sakura-con
=
Now my boyfriend of 3.5 years that goes to every con with me and is already helping me plot which cosplays we'll force our eventual children into.
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 08:21:04 am »
Meeting the person who won the AMV or cosplay contest
=
Meeting that second cousin you've only heard about who went to Harvard.

Bonus:
That funny looking guy cosplaying Seshoumaru and eating a quesadila at my (and his) first Sakura-con
=
Now my boyfriend of 3.5 years that goes to every con with me and is already helping me plot which cosplays we'll force our eventual children into.

This is so full of win. I has my own guy like that, as for plotting it depends if the baby is born with brown hair (Batman) or blond (joker),
Tho I would love to do a tokyo godfathers next year, baby max would be doing his first crossplay
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 08:48:27 pm »
Nobody loves me enough. XD

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 11:05:00 am »
Nobody loves me enough. XD
oh sush your mouth! If that was true you wouldn't log on! :P <3 We love you, and your stuck with this family!! !MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~

the friend that drags you to your first convention and forces you to cosplay regardless if you have one or not =
The older sister who pulls you along because she's helping the reunion run.

The rabid anime fan who claims your theirs untill the end of con =
the family member you hide from every reunion who you hope isn't there but you know they are.

The older sibling that makes sure your alright, regardless of what you say, and makes you try the homemade goodies =
That one cosplayer/staff member/volunteer who makes sure that everyone is good and healthy and still on their way.

The Parents that make sure your dressed nicely = the cosplayers who share the room with you. <3
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 11:16:49 am »
I got one!  The grandmother that shows up with the super mega ultra purse with everything you need for world war 3 = the handy cosplayer who always has just what you need in case your cosplay blows up or you get hungry lol

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 12:00:35 pm »
The girl who always bitches she isn't loved or pretty to get attention from everyone there
=
The cosplayer who has amazing skill in sewing but says their cosplay isn't that good so everyone compliments them

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 09:13:03 pm »
The cosplayer who sits off to the side because they're shy = The one cousin that always sits away from the family and doesn't talk
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]