Author Topic: First time K-Con~  (Read 6116 times)

Offline backtoblue

• Cabbit
First time K-Con~
« on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:07 pm »
Hey there!  My room mate and I are driving up from Utah for the con!  Any suggestions of things to look out for?  Be it photoshoot stuff, panels, etc., I would like to know what senior K-Con go-ers would recommend!(And we're over 18, just in case you wonder.)
Con plans-
Sat: Okumura Rin(Ao no Exorcist)
Sun: Teuton Prussia(Hetalia)
Mon: Greece(Hetalia) or Rin(AnE)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: First time K-Con~
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 06:16:40 am »
Well, firstly, welcome to Kumoricon!  ;D

As far as things to do, the one thing I would recommend, if anything, would be the photo shoots/meet-ups. Cosplay and photo shoots are such huge parts of Kumoricon to a lot of people, there are shoots scheduled for almost every fandom you can think of. I see you'll be cosplaying from Hetalia. Well there are several events for that scheduled, which you can find discussed here and here.

Also, there's no schedule up yet, but I can promise you there will be some interesting panels. Previous years have seen panels covering J-Rock, religion in anime, a Kumoricon edition of Whose Line Is It Anyway?, sake tasting, plushie-doll making, voice-acting lessons and sessions with the guests of honor (voice actors and other industry folk)...just a smattering of diverse and interesting topics. If you're at all interested in learning or seeing something new, I'd definitely encourage you to check out the schedule and pick out a few panels you'd like to attend.

Really, though, just make yourself available. Hang out in the conspace. Just enjoy being there and being surrounded by your fellow nerds. It's such a great environment, you could stand around doing nothing and still have a ball, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline backtoblue

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 11:18:01 am »
Thanks so much!  I'm looking forward to the con, and all the glorious things that will be there!  I've never been to a con I didn't enjoy, and this is only the second REALLY BIG one I've been to!  I'll be sure to check as much out as I can!
Con plans-
Sat: Okumura Rin(Ao no Exorcist)
Sun: Teuton Prussia(Hetalia)
Mon: Greece(Hetalia) or Rin(AnE)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 08:27:18 pm »
Yay! Yeah, a little more advice: never hesitate to ask other people what they're up to, or what they would suggest doing. Everyone is going to be up to something. Anyone would be happy to suggest something to you, or take you to a good panel or shoot. If you see me (looking like this: ), feel free to say hi! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 09:46:30 pm »
The con is about you and your fellow nerds having an environment to see upcoming anime for the year meet your favorite voice actor and make great friends. i made a few friends last year and they are solid friends. If you like anime I recommend a con to anyone they are a life experience and it can be a riot. I agree with said above just ask anyone they will be more then willing to give you some ideas take you around with them and photo ops are always a yes people cosplay because they want to show it off so ask to take pictures so that's a must BRING A CAMERA. I would recommend going to a store to get some snacks so you dont have to pay to eat out all the time because it can get expensive. If you are still unsure send me a personal message and I will give you my cell and you can contact me and we can meet up at the con and I can give you some pointers. i am a hardcore veteran for sure. i would also recomend the pre party friday night if you are in town its a good way to get your feet wet and meet some people before who knows you could meet someone to spend the whole con hanging out with. I will be there for the pre party and all 3 days of the con
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
    • Liger Zero Lindsey's Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 11:43:58 am »
Woo it is going to be my first KumoriCon too =] I have been to other cons but not this one, but everyone here on the forums has made it sound like a total blast so I am very excited. I hope it is a blast cause it is my Jager suit's last con before he is retired, aw lol
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 11:52:06 am »
It is without a doubt a very AWESOME con :D
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 12:50:24 am »
I hope it is a blast cause it is my Jager suit's last con before he is retired, aw lol

Sad day! I love your Jager!! <3

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 09:39:55 am »
I hope it is a blast cause it is my Jager suit's last con before he is retired, aw lol

Sad day! I love your Jager!! <3

Aw thank you! But it's to make way for my Liger Zero Schneider Cosplay ;)

I gave Jager new teeth for KumoriCon, I am getting very excited and am anxiously awaiting the schedule x3
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 06:21:40 am »
Woo it is going to be my first KumoriCon too =] I have been to other cons but not this one, but everyone here on the forums has made it sound like a total blast so I am very excited. I hope it is a blast cause it is my Jager suit's last con before he is retired, aw lol

Its a very close nit con. I know a large number of people that go and I feel like ever turn I make I can find a friend to say hi to. The more time you spend on the forum the more time you will get to know us and thus be able to recognize us.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 09:31:53 am »
First off, id like to welcome the new comers! And thank you for choosing kumoricon as your destanation! Lol sorry, couldnt help myself. Okay! So first timers, and those new to vancouver, here are some pointers:  1. Dont try to do everything in one day. If youre going for all three days and day 0, you have plenty of time. If you are only going for one day, map out what you want to do first.  2. Bring snacks. Sure it tastes good to eat out, but it causes the money to dry up fast. If you can, pack your lunch! Pretend its a field trip for 4th grade lol  3. Wear good shoes. If your cosplay must have high heels, stock up on bandaids and dr.sholes gel inserts for heels.  4. Pack your con bag or purse the night before. That way you arent scrambling to find everything the morning of the con. Id suggest bringing a mini firstaid kit, needle and thread, pens and pencils, a notebook or small sketch pad, hairspray, hairbrush, gum, water bottle or bottled water, a book, camera, extra socks and panties.  And snacks.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 05:06:56 pm »
Great advice! I do not have high heels but I have boots with Liger toes and digigrades and those hurt after a while too! xD
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 12:03:14 am »
Hope you have fuuun~

This is my first time to this location, so I'm going to be wandering around like a little lost puppy, lol
I will be with my sister and we are going to be wandering around as Organization XIII members, so say hi ^^

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 12:09:14 am »
If you get lost, come find me and my boyfriend. We shall be minnie and mickey. Though i grew up in bend, i know vancouver better than my dad, who grew up here in portland lol

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 12:12:53 am »
If you get lost, come find me and my boyfriend. We shall be minnie and mickey. Though i grew up in bend, i know vancouver better than my dad, who grew up here in portland lol
are you attending any of the Kingdom Hearts shoots by chance?

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 04:21:41 pm »
This is my first time going and I'll be with two other people.  I'm looking forward to meeting more people into Anime like me.  Have not had a circle of friends who really watch Anime so it'll be nice to be surrounded with my own kind :p.

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 04:50:42 pm »
I will be there day zero to day three and I will either as misa from death note or saki from eden of the east and my kumori badge even says jam on it so look for me all you new con goes :)
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 05:44:41 am »
*DELETES* My computer was being odd.... >.>
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:45:35 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 12:52:03 pm »
First timer! although I've been looking at KCon for the last three years.

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 12:09:37 am »
I will be there day zero to day three and I will either as misa from death note or saki from eden of the east and my kumori badge even says jam on it so look for me all you new con goers,    THIS APPLIES TO ALL NEW CON GOERS :D
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 10:22:38 am »
Yes, every single person is welcome to come up and say hello to me as well! I'll be the guy with a gun for an arm. If you see me, don't be intimidated...I'm a teddy bear. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 10:59:09 am »
I will definitely be saying hi to everyone I see in cosplay!!!

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 11:54:05 am »
we are a family we are friends with almost everyone, but if you stab us in the back lol things will happen But I don't think your that type...so welcome to the family <3

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 08:00:28 am »
@ Backtoblue and all newcomers: If you're really looking for something interesting come to the martial arts demonstration my school will be doing Monday at 10 a.m. I promise youwon't be disappointed. And you might be tempted to come join my school.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.