Author Topic: Do You have what it takes? Yojimbo are Recruiting Now  (Read 6399 times)

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
Do You have what it takes? Yojimbo are Recruiting Now
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:49:11 pm »
Kumoricon is once again looking for new Yojimbo. Yojimbo form the most noticeable staff presence at Kumoricon and are essential to the smooth operation of convention programming. The Squad is looking for hard-working, friendly individuals to add to our team of seasoned staffers for this years convention.

Yojimbo Duties include, but are not limited to the following:

*Access control for both regular and age-restricted events.

*Line Control for Registration and seated events.

*Enforcement of convention policies to keep the convention a safe and friendly place for all con-goers.

*Special assignments based on need

Yojiimbo are expected to friendly, knowledgeable, hard-working, and able to walk/sit/stand for the length of their shift.
If you have what it takes and meet the following requirements
    At least 16 years of age
    Able to commit to the time and work their position requires
    Respectful of convention attendees as well as other staff members
    In good standing with Altonimbus Entertainment
    Capable of attending all required trainings and meetings pertinent to their position
    Available to their department director and their supervisor, and their subordinates, and other staff as their position requires
    Adherent to the standards and policies set forth within Altonimbus Entertainment bylaws for members
follow the instructions here http://www.kumoricon.org/staff-registration and complete the staff registration process. Those requiring further information are invited to email Operations@kumoricon.org or post here for general questions

K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline zetetic

• Sailor Scout
Re: Do You have what it takes? Yojimbo are Recruiting Now
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:17:18 pm »
This might sound like a really dumb question but it has gotten me confused. It says that you have to be in contact with your advisor etc and then print off the registration. When I talked to someone from Kumoricon, they said that I would just need to bring the money and the registration to the general meetings. So should I just go a head and fill out the application. That way I have it with me in case they appoint me for the position. Just have everything prepared for a 'just incase I get the position' or does that seem to aggressive?

Thank you for your time!
"Only Shinigamis who know the significance of life will be granted Shinigami glasses... The glasses of Life..." (for which without,I can't see a damned thing)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 08:31:18 am »
That doesn't seem too aggressive at all... at least to me, it sounds very polite and thoughtful. :)

I'm pretty sure the wording was only meant to convey this:
  • You can't sign up as staff without a director's approval.*
  • Bringing a filled-out application** to a meeting can save a lot of time - but you have to get it approved before you can turn it in.
  • Don't mail in an unapproved application, unless a manager or director has asked you to do so.
  • Last but absolutely not least, please don't think that approval is just a formality. It's not a stressful process; the directors are great people to talk to. But they do want to know who they're working with, and they want to know that they're not putting someone in a position that will be bad for them or for the con.

* - If you've talked to a manager and they've talked to their director for you, the director will probably approve it - but it's always up to their discretion.
** - However, please don't fill in staff position and department unless you've already gotten the okay from your manager or director.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:33:11 am by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline zetetic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 07:30:06 pm »
Thank you so much for your thorough response, it has really helped clear up things thank you!
"Only Shinigamis who know the significance of life will be granted Shinigami glasses... The glasses of Life..." (for which without,I can't see a damned thing)

Offline MEDIC!!!

• Sailor Scout
    • FBook
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 08:09:21 pm »
Teh Medic IS BACK!!!

So whats up and who can i contact for the appropriate registration info to expedite my involvement? Or if youd like to contact me (seeing as bob told me someone was asking for me?) there several methods and most if not all past yoji have or have had my cell#.

This is not Spam... Jeff... lol hope to be able to see everyone again soon.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:12:27 pm by MEDIC!!! »
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 G37 L41D
Liquid Snake: There's A Killer Inside You
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Boom Baby Boom! I'm The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight

Offline Swift

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 01:32:05 pm »
Hey, was a volunteer at the last convention (2011) and was wondering how to apply for yoji next year and if I could get in contact with one of the volunteer coordinators, as I have a few questions.

Thx,
~Swift
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:33:10 pm by Swift »
Speeding by I make no sound,
Running above the shaken ground.
Seeing the hallow world collide,
My heart breaking deep inside.

Swift, The Flying_Shadow~

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 03:04:10 pm »
PMing details on how to get ahold of the volunteer coordinators now.

In terms of joining yojimbo, they'll be able to sign you up as soon as we elect next year's Operations director at the next meeting. If you can make it to one of the meetings after elections, I'm almost always there and would be glad to point out who you'd need to talk to. :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:19:48 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 04:05:21 pm »
In terms of joining yojimbo, they'll be able to sign you up as soon as we elect next year's Operations director at the next meeting. If you can make it to one of the meetings after elections, I'm almost always there and would be glad to point out who you'd need to talk to. :)

It does actually take a little longer to formally join staff, probably the general meeting afterward, as the board-elected board members need to be in place and the org charts for 2012 planned, which takes another week or two. But you can start talking to the new director immediately after elections.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 12:29:05 pm »
We would love to have as many as we can sign up :)

Remember: if you want the con to run smoothly, join the staff and see that it does. :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 04:32:10 pm »
We would love to have as many as we can sign up :)

Especially someone like Swift, who did an incredible job as a volunteer. :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:32:41 pm by randompvg »