Author Topic: Anime Central, Anyone?  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Arrow

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
Anime Central, Anyone?
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:40:26 pm »
So, I was at the Oregon Trail panel at Anime Central this past year, and I couldn't help but cringe every time someone said "Ore-gone."  Am I alone, having to suffer like this in a convention so very far away from my home state? I go to school in Illinois, so ACen is only a short train ride away for me. Any other Oregon/Washington people go to Anime Central, or planning on ever attending? It's a wonderful convention, but it'd warm the cockles of my heart to see other west coast people. Have any questions about the convention, how it compares to others? I can possibly convince you to spend far too much money on airfare to come to this awesome con. 8D

I haven't really figured out my cosplay plans for next ACen. A bro of mine really wants to do a Professor Layton group, and who am I to argue such a thing? We'd have a Layton, Luke, and Flora... assuming we can all go. Other than that possibility, no plans.
two thousand sixteen plans
??? | 0% | ???

choices are hard

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Anime Central, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 05:36:32 pm »
So, I was at the Oregon Trail panel at Anime Central this past year, and I couldn't help but cringe every time someone said "Ore-gone."\

I would have screamed out "IT'S OR-EH-GUN, YOU MORONS!!!" every time someone would've said it like that.  I also would have said "I'M IN ILL-INN-OYZZ!!!" just to get back at them. ;D
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:39:51 pm »
So, I was at the Oregon Trail panel at Anime Central this past year, and I couldn't help but cringe every time someone said "Ore-gone."\

I would have screamed out "IT'S OR-EH-GUN, YOU MORONS!!!" every time someone would've said it like that.  I also would have said "I'M IN ILL-INN-OYZZ!!!" just to get back at them. ;D

I woulda said "i'M IN ILLY-NWA!"

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:12:44 am »

...I don't think I've ever heard it like that before.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 01:14:21 am »

me neither but if you look at how Illinois is actually spelled, someone might make the mistake of saying it like Illy-nwa XD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 01:16:45 am »

me neither but if you look at how Illinois is actually spelled, someone might make the mistake of saying it like Illy-nwa XD

...I don't see it.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:36 pm »

...I don't see it.
think french [btw, sorry for spamming this thread XD]

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:11:20 am »

...I don't see it.

Okay, that makes sense, when you approach it with French in mind.

Offline Arrow

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

...I don't see it.

-laughs-
Thanks for providing me with a giggle, as well as a way to thoroughly annoy all my friends from Illinois. I am saying it that way from now on. Or until I get punched in the face.
two thousand sixteen plans
??? | 0% | ???

choices are hard

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 10:49:02 pm »

...I don't see it.

-laughs-
Thanks for providing me with a giggle, as well as a way to thoroughly annoy all my friends from Illinois. I am saying it that way from now on. Or until I get punched in the face.

You're welcome!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 03:02:58 am »
Ooooh I wish I could go! Sadly, no money~
Just keep shouting "ore-gun!" to them.

BTW I face-palmed last year when I heard the narrator of "America: The Story of Us" pronounce it "Ore-gone" during the Oregon Trail part in like episode 2 >>; Geeeeze really. It's like how my friends made me pronounce "Multnomah" (sp?) like five times for them to get it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:03:50 am by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 03:53:38 am »
I used to go to acen every year but it got to be to expensive with the plane/hotel/con costs so I had to stop going, I would eventually like to go again maybe one day