Author Topic: Sakura Con 2012 (Apr 6-8)  (Read 99383 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Sakura Con 2012 (Apr 6-8)
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:17:15 pm »
SAKURA CON 2012 http://www.sakuracon.org/

Since we're well into July, I thought it'd be about time to start this up.

I'm curious on what everyone's planning for the convention? And to see how many plans actually make it all the way to the event  :P

I'm one of the many who seems to have plans of grandiose nature that deflate like a Jigglypuff OHKO'd in PKMN Stadium.

SO! Who's going to attempt to beat the pink balloon pokémon ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:17:38 pm by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sakura Con 2012 (Apr 6-8)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:14:42 am »
It's possible that my anime club will be going to Sakuracon.  We're planning on making a decision this Saturday. 

I personally don't oppose it, but since our club has gone to this con several times, (and for other reasons), I am wanting us to go somewhere else.  Our other two options (unless someone brings up another one) are Anime Expo and Project A-kon.  I'm rooting for A-kon.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
    • Liger Zero Lindsey's Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:52:53 am »
I am definatly going. I have pre-registered already. (not to mention it is he first part of my honeymoon hehehe)

I have already started on my next costume. I will be Liger Zero Schneider from Zoids New Century Zero. I have not done much on him yet but he has started.
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 11:29:22 am »
Definately going again!
I'm not sure on my plans yet but I know for sure I'll wear Kneesocks.
And there's a possibility on Lightning from ffxiii.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:30:43 pm »
This will be the first time I've ever purposely skipped a convention. Yes, it will be very sad for me to miss out on all the fun at the convention I've been going to since '07 but just thinking about how much money I'll be saving in return gives me this good feeling... Cosplay and conventions are the two main reasons why I'm as broke as I am now; so if I choose not to spend my money on hotels, registration, transportation, and costumes for one year, I will be far more financially secure and have an easier time to focus on my more important goals in life.

So yeah, sorry about spoiling the excitement with my wisetalk ramble. This is a little difficult for me and it will become even more so once Sakuracon-time approaches. orz

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 07:11:58 pm »
This will be the first time I've ever purposely skipped a convention. Yes, it will be very sad for me to miss out on all the fun at the convention I've been going to since '07 but just thinking about how much money I'll be saving in return gives me this good feeling... Cosplay and conventions are the two main reasons why I'm as broke as I am now; so if I choose not to spend my money on hotels, registration, transportation, and costumes for one year, I will be far more financially secure and have an easier time to focus on my more important goals in life.

So yeah, sorry about spoiling the excitement with my wisetalk ramble. This is a little difficult for me and it will become even more so once Sakuracon-time approaches. orz

...*tear* ;A; Next year is going to be my first Sakuracon!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 07:40:02 pm »
I hope i get to go! it will be my first time there if i get to. all depends on the money.

Offline Jluvial

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:50:20 pm »
Yep, I'm going with a bunch of people I met from last year. We're pretty much all Touhous lol. Gonna try to do a grand Yukari, with my friends who are doing Ran and Chen. It's gonna be awesome.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 01:26:08 am »
I am definatly going. I have pre-registered already. (not to mention it is he first part of my honeymoon hehehe)

That's awesome and funny, because my girlfriend & I were hoping to go to this year's as our fake honeymoon for our commitment ceremony.  Sadly, it didn't happen.  (Stupid Clark College...)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 02:17:03 am »
I may not go this year. It sounds like half my friends don't want to go so I may go to fanime with them instead. Or I can save and try and swing both 8D

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 09:21:36 am »

That's awesome and funny, because my girlfriend & I were hoping to go to this year's as our fake honeymoon for our commitment ceremony.  Sadly, it didn't happen.  (Stupid Clark College...)

Awwh that stinks! Right now our plan is to get married the Wednesday before Sakura Con, eeee! XD

Sad to see so many people not going. I hope in the end a lot of you do come!
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 01:13:07 pm »
Heck yes going again! The Depp Squad will return, and that's the con my boyfriend and I are debuting our Pirates: OST costumes. He'll be Jack of course, and I'm going as Angelica. SO EXCITE.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:13:33 pm by Shadow »

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 05:37:32 pm »

Awwh that stinks! Right now our plan is to get married the Wednesday before Sakura Con, eeee! XD

Sad to see so many people not going. I hope in the end a lot of you do come!

Congratulations!  If I do go, I'd like to offer my blessings in person.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 09:32:13 am »
Why thank you! =]

And ohhh I saw the Depp squad this year, it was cool xD very excited for Sakura, could not come soon enough! XD I worked on my Schneider cosplay last night haha going to more tonight~
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »
I'm not sure what I'll be working for for SakuraCon... Right now I'm looking at maybe a Vocaloid.. But I'm also pawing at the idea of AX....
Kumori'15

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 09:58:32 pm »
So far the plan is I'm going.

Going to be cosplaying from a bunch of animus no one knows about.

Gonna be painted blue for an entire day.

It'll be great.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »
I'm going for sure.

I need to register soon.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 02:15:25 am »
I may not go this year. It sounds like half my friends don't want to go so I may go to fanime with them instead. Or I can save and try and swing both 8D

Definitely Hit up Fanime!! It's one of the most fun Cons I've been to.

lololol, not exactly sure whats going on with SakuraCon this next year, but I'll def be at Fanime as well as a bunch of other cons.
Team Koga

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 03:43:31 pm »
Well, our club voted Saturday, with only six members present.  It was an even tie between Sakura-con and Project A-kon.  The officers got together afterwards and agreed upon Project A-kon.  However, there was someone who wanted to submit a late vote for Sakura, and the President had given reasons for changing her vote.  We might be having a re-vote this week, or possibly the next...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 02:34:28 pm »
Definitely going.  It'll be my first con as an "adult" (by the Liquor Control Commission's standards) so I'll probably be rather inebriated for a good portion of the time and spend a copious amount of time at AFK Tavern.  Might make it a week-long trip next year depending on how things are going with school and finances.  I hate taking the time and energy to get up to Seattle and back and not having time to actually hang out with my friends up there. :C
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »
Well, our club voted Saturday, with only six members present.  It was an even tie between Sakura-con and Project A-kon.  The officers got together afterwards and agreed upon Project A-kon.  However, there was someone who wanted to submit a late vote for Sakura, and the President had given reasons for changing her vote.  We might be having a re-vote this week, or possibly the next...

Yeah, re-vote next week...

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »
haha decided another person I'm gonna be for Sakuracon.

Robot Head guy from Party Rock Anthem.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »
haha decided another person I'm gonna be for Sakuracon.

Robot Head guy from Party Rock Anthem.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb205/Nidaime1477/LETSDOTHIS-1.jpg
Yes!

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 10:30:32 am »
Definitely going.  It'll be my first con as an "adult" (by the Liquor Control Commission's standards) so I'll probably be rather inebriated for a good portion of the time and spend a copious amount of time at AFK Tavern.  Might make it a week-long trip next year depending on how things are going with school and finances.  I hate taking the time and energy to get up to Seattle and back and not having time to actually hang out with my friends up there. :C

FYI, AFK is in Everett. That's a bit of a distance from the con.There's also another geeky bar called Cafe Mox, which just opened up in Ballard, next to Card Kingdom, one of the biggest MTG dealers in the NW. It's a pretty cool place, and the 18 bus drops you off right in front of it.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 05:32:58 pm »
I'm traveling 200 miles each way already; no reason I can't go a little out of my way to go to AFK Tavern with my Seattle friends that I only see 2 or 3 times a year. :P  I will definitely check out Café Mox though.  Maybe go on a multi-city geeky bar-crawl Thursday.  Start at Ground Kontrol, drive up to AFK, then hit Mox, then call it a night xD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
So, we did our revote, and everyone except for me voted for Sakuracon.  The Clark Manga & Anime Club will be going to Seattle.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:18 pm »
O.O Wow... Are you guys doing a revote later in the year before it's finalized, or is it finalizing itself now?
It's good to plan ahead though ^^
Kumori'15

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 07:09:30 am »
This was the final vote.  I think most people wanted Sakura over A-kon because they feared it would be more feasible financially and it's closer to home.  Once the school year itself begins, we'll be compiling the list of members going.

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »
I'M SO GOING THIS YEAR!!!! (2012)

Sorry just had to say that.. i had to miss out on seeing everyone.. sure i was away but still i missed seeing all my friends and hanging out with them.. pluse sakuracon was my first con so i miss it!

And this year i'm so going to have an awsome outfits!!

So can't wait to go to it this time...
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 10:40:35 am »
^ With that in mind, depending on how well it goes, I might go as Sailor Neptune, but I hope to introduce a new cosplay.  (It'll mainly depend on how quickly I get my tax return).  I'm thinking about either Lina Inverse, Lt. Commander Data, or Washu Hakubi.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »
I'm trying rrreeallllyyyyy hard to get to Sakuracon 2012. I definitely can if I have a job, otherwise it comes down to sakuracon vs. Kumoricon 2012. I would just save money ans re-cosplay my Rei Hino which I'll be bringing out for the first time this Kumoricon. I already got 2 roomies lined up for Sakuracon too!!! =D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 07:41:11 pm »
I really want to attend, but since I'm a minor. There's that policy (which is one of the reasons I adore Kcon) that I can only be at the con if my adult is also there. So yeah... But I'll still try to attend.

Offline Disco Pete

• Cabbit
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 10:29:56 pm »
I really want to attend, but since I'm a minor. There's that policy (which is one of the reasons I adore Kcon) that I can only be at the con if my adult is also there. So yeah... But I'll still try to attend.
That's too bad.  I didn't get into anime til I was 24 (am in my 30s now), so sometimes I forget how it can be difficult for someone who's still underage.

I wish you good luck!
~Disco Pete~

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:15 pm »
That's too bad.  I didn't get into anime til I was 24 (am in my 30s now), so sometimes I forget how it can be difficult for someone who's still underage.

I wish you good luck!
thanks :) I'll go I know I will. Just might not get to do as much as I want.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 11:29:54 pm »
Currently thinking about going because, depending on what the future holds for me, I might not make it to next year's KCon.  (Seriously, it all depends on what happens either next Feb. or early summer).

Also thinking of maybe trying another cosplay.  Something a little more up to date.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 12:27:26 am »
Your parents or guardians can appoint a guardian to be with you at the convention.  When I first went in 2008 I was a minor and my sister (who was 18) attended with me and my mom just signed off on a form stating that my sister was to act as my attending guardian.  Policy might have changed in 4 years but you should be able to attend still.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 12:39:57 am »
When i first went to sakuracon in like 05 or 06, i went with my friend and her mom just signed a paper saying that she was our gaurdian but wasnt attending. We still got in, and then her mom just left us there.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 07:12:06 am »
Sakuracon was my first con & I haven't missed one yet...but as of right now, that may change. My G/F & I have a couple trips planned for the beginning of the year already & may have to skip on it if we can't work it in financially. Newport Seafood & Wine Festival & Vegas may chew up too much money to leave us enough to enjoy Seattle. Since this is all happening within the first few monthes of the year, it only makes it worse. We skipped out on Kumo this year as it was to save money...so sadly, Repoman may not be making a 2012 appearance at Sakuracon.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 02:13:36 am »
It depends on what age you're at I think... I've been the acting guardian for a friend of mine for two years in a row as both times her acting guardian was busy when she got up to the front of the line for pre-reg and they needed a guardian right there with them to get the badge number and all. Also to be present for the peacebonding.

Speaking of, if your acting guardian is only there for two days and leaves early, or you change acting guardians for whatever reason, I believe you're required to head over to the Issues Line and get the badge numbers and names straightened out. It's very much for policy and safety for the minor, as well as a legal issue.
Kumori'15

Offline Best_Name_Ever

• Cabbit
    • Facebook Account 8D
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 10:30:23 pm »
I'm defiantly going to Sakura Con!=D I'm excited because last year I wasn't able to go OTL

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 01:27:42 pm »
Anyone know what the best hotel to stay at is? My parents and I had issues with the Sheraton last year. (along with a lot of people on Sakura-Con's forums)

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2011, 03:14:15 pm »
I'm definitely going. I'll be wearing Bianca Solderini from the Vampire Chronicles, Black Canary from the DC Comics, Daniel from Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and Ash Landers from the Kuroshitsuji anime.

I'm planning on signing up for cosplay chess there as well, which I've never done before so I'm pretty excited. Might try being Daniel in that.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 03:21:51 pm »
I've already been offered a palce as a co-panelist at Sakuracon.  I'm planning on accepting it, provided that I go (which it still looks like it will happen).

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 03:35:55 pm »
I'm definitely going. I'll be wearing Bianca Solderini from the Vampire Chronicles, Black Canary from the DC Comics, Daniel from Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and Ash Landers from the Kuroshitsuji anime.

I'm planning on signing up for cosplay chess there as well, which I've never done before so I'm pretty excited. Might try being Daniel in that.
I love Amnesia, but I couldn't finish it because it scared the crap out of me. :P  I'm thinking of cosplaying Alexander

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 03:39:53 pm »
It's hard to finish. Scared me too.

Oooh please be Alexander! That would be so awesome!
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 03:41:51 pm »
It's hard to finish. Scared me too.

Oooh please be Alexander! That would be so awesome!
We should start an Amnesia Cosplay thread on the Sakura Con forums if there isn't already one.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 03:43:37 pm »
The only problem is that there aren't a lot of people you could do. Just Daniel, Alexander, and Agrippa really. Unless you go with the sequel in which you can squeeze in Justine. Maybe the suitors too. Unless people want to try to be the Grunt or Brute but that seems like it would be a beast to pull off.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 03:48:40 pm »
The only problem is that there aren't a lot of people you could do. Just Daniel, Alexander, and Agrippa really. Unless you go with the sequel in which you can squeeze in Justine. Maybe the suitors too. Unless people want to try to be the Grunt or Brute but that seems like it would be a beast to pull off.
yeah I guess, doesn't have to be a photo shoot thread. Just for people to post if they're cosplay anyone from Amnesia.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 03:49:37 pm »
True. We'd probably end up with a lot of Daniels and Alexanders. haha
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout