Author Topic: New to KumoriCon  (Read 2426 times)

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
    • Liger Zero Lindsey's Deviant Art
New to KumoriCon
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:12:40 am »
Hey everyone! So I'm a Zoids cosplayer that is looking for one more 2011 con to take Liger Zero Jager to! And right now KumoriCon is on the top of the list! But I was wondering if I could get some information on it before I choose to register.

I have only been to two other cons, Sakura con (2010 and 2011, some may have seen ms as Zero in 2010 and Jager this year) and Otakucon 2010 in Spokane. So I'm wondering; What is KumoriCon like compared to these other 2 cons? What is some information I should know? Do you think that my (somewhat) fragile Jager cosplay will be safe wandering around the con? (meaning is it super crowded)

Thanks for any info! And I hope I posted in the right spot, this is my first post here lol
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: New to KumoriCon
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:27:20 am »
Hello, Liger!  Welcome to our community!

I can't speak from experience on Otakucon, but we are smaller than Sakuracon.  If I remember correctly, we were a little bit over 6,000 total attendees last year.  This year, we'll be in two different hotels, so I'm pretty sure that the crowd issue won't come into play strongly enough to possible damage any cosplay accessory.  We're a pretty friendly con, at least compared to most other cons that get more than 4,000 (I'm kinda stealing a quote from our chair, but I know he won't mind).

Some info you may need to know: We're in Vancouver this year, Hetalia is REALLY popular here right now, there's a nice park nearby that's about 4 blocks in size, I believe the Saturday Market will still be running during this weekend, um... I can't really think of anything else to say...

I hope you do decide to come!  I guarantee that your experience here will be a memorable one!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 09:13:41 am »
Thanks for the info! Yeah I saw it was in Vancouver this year and the fact ha it spans 2 hotels and a park sounds like fun!
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 10:34:58 am »
Hi and welcome!

Kumoricon is a lot smaller than Sakuracon. I'd say a huge majority of the con-goers cosplay. There are other boards dedicated to cosplay meetups and everyone is super happy to coordinate photoshoots. There isn't a competitive atmostphere at Kumoricon at all, everyone is super upbeat all weekend.

Book your hotel asap. :) Pre-register and you can get it in the mail before the con (no huge registration lines!) Kumoricon has lots of fun panels and events going on. Most of them are geared towards making friends and meeting people.

The hallways are usually always pretty well maintained. It is in a hotel instead of a convention center, but there is a huge park across the street for everyone to spread out in. There are docks/harbor area around too, and Portland with its many great photography locations is just a bit of a drive away! Everyone is super friendly, sometimes too much, just be careful and know how much space you take up/personal space issues so that your costume doesn't get knocked or props damaged.

Feel free to ask any questions! :) Welcome to KCON!

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 10:28:22 am »
Wow thanks so much for the info you guys!

I have decided that I want to bring Liger Zero Jager to KumoriCon! I have started talking to my Mom and she is thinkin about it but I know I wanna come!

I don't think any other Zoids would be there but hearing that everyone is no nice just makes me wanna come more!

Also, the badge is mailed to me instead of me standing in line? That's amazing. Lol
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 06:13:55 pm »
Er you'll still have to stand in line to check in. ^^;;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 06:34:51 pm »
Er you'll still have to stand in line to check in. ^^;;
Although a much shorter/faster line! If you come in on friday and check in its all done. You just need to bring photo id, and your parent permission slip signed if you're under 18, as well as your con badge.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 10:10:56 am »
Ohhh I get it! That's still amazing xD!!
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 04:47:15 pm »
It's probably going to be even better this year, I'm guessing, because there's going to be more workers at the pre-reg table this year, from what I understand...

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 06:03:55 pm »
Awesome! I love hearing about Zoids cosplayers, definitely a highlight of my con trip.

Welcome to the forums and have a blast here! :D

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 07:58:16 pm »
Why thank you! =D
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 03:38:35 pm »
^ I have never seen the show, myeslf, but one of my good friends just squeed with excitement about your cosplay plans.  She wants to glomp you.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 10:13:06 am »
Lol yay! But you gotta be careful with me P: I do give hugs tho! XD

I'm glad some people know about Zoids makes me even more excited to bring him down there!
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu