Author Topic: Sadness~~  (Read 5941 times)

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Sadness~~
« on: August 17, 2005, 04:52:39 pm »
It happens, my parents can't drive me to Kumoricon due to work. So I was wondering, anyone coming from Salem, or willing to drive to Salem to pick me up? ^^;;

I'm 15. Female.

Also.. Please try not to scare me. I'll literally have a heart attack while in a strangers car.

XD Thanks

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Sadness~~
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 10:20:58 pm »
hey Kaoru.  I *might* *might* *might* be able to give you a ride.  You remember me right?  The teacher guy, friends with Justin and Kimiski, took you guys up to Uwajamaya?  ANyway, right now I am giving rides to 2 people for sure, and two more are maybe's.  But, I should know by next week and if I can I'll send you a pm about it.
The trick is not minding.

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Sadness~~
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 08:02:05 pm »
AWESOME! Thanks. :D Hope ya can. XD

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Sadness~~
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:32:47 pm »
R u going to be able to stay in the room since your parents arent going? You have to have someone 18 or older with you.. *panic* :cry:

If Eric can't take you and we get another car and you can stomach Nate we could take yah. But i dont think ya wanna see him :(

Hope you make it! *hug* Ja ne.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Sadness~~
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:57:52 pm »
We have two 18 year olds in the room. One even works for Kumoricon (I think.) I'll see if I get you that 35$ too. I'm trying ^^;; I can hardly make it myself.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Sadness~~
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 03:22:46 am »
I'm coming up from Springfield/Eugene, and I need some carpoolers to help save on gas money... but I don't know whether we've ever met, and that technically means riding with a "stranger." ^^;

However, Rarnom? If you have overflow, I could definitely provide some seats. :) My car is a 4-door sedan with the standard 5 seats, including the driver and middle-back seats. I haven't confirmed any passengers yet.

If one of the passengers was an adult, perhaps Kaoru would feel more at ease. I drive cautiously, though, honest...  Anyway, it's a standing offer for the time being. Also, I know a fair portion of Salem, so I could probably get around easily enough.

EDIT: How does one "feel more at east?" Er, yeah. Typo.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Sadness~~
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 09:44:26 am »
Quote from: "Radien"
However, Rarnom? If you have overflow, I could definitely provide some seats. :) My car is a 4-door sedan with the standard 5 seats, including the driver and middle-back seats. I haven't confirmed any passengers yet.

as it stands now my car is just full.  All four of my riders are confirmed, so no overflow for me.
The trick is not minding.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Sadness~~
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 12:27:38 pm »
Well, okay... That's too bad. :?

Kaoru, I still have a ride for you if you need it. I should mention, though, that I'm going up on Friday... So that may or may not work for you. :?

Apollo Justice

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Sadness~~
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 04:04:45 pm »
Oh! Good! XD I need to go up friday. I was just about to ask you if you were. I should have said that in the first post, ne? @__@;

Thank you so much~~~

How much for gas should I prepare?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Sadness~~
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 02:18:13 pm »
Okay, cool. Good coincidence. :)

Well, let's see... The last time I went up to Portland, it cost about $20 in gas for a two-way trip...divide that by the number of passengers.  However since you're a lot closer to Portland than I am, I'd knock off half of your share.

So, how's $5 sound?  It'll be less than that if I get more passengers, and I'm certainly going to try to do so. :)

By the way, if your parents get at all antsy about this, let me know, and I can arrange to meet them for a coffee break or something while we're in Salem. It might also help to mention that I'm staff, since I'm technically registered on the staff list.

EDIT: Okay, why is it that after a whole life spent living in the Pacific Northwest, I still mix up the names of the cities Seattle and Salem?... >_<;

Anyway, yeah. Typo fixed...

Apollo Justice

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Sadness~~
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 02:15:21 pm »
Just another update, Kaoru. I'm returning sometime Monday afternoon; I usually don't decide when to go home until I see what's going on during the last day. However, I can adjust a bit if you need to be home by a certain time. Could you let me know if you have any such needs?

It would probably be best if you respond in the new carpool topic I made. :) I'm searching for at least one more person for the carpool.

P.S. - Remember your parental consent form!!! I don't want to arrive at the con to find out you aren't allowed in. X_X

Apollo Justice

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Sadness~~
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 11:36:52 pm »
I don't think I have a time when I'm supposed to be home, just anytime after the con ends.

To the new thread I go~~ *whoosh~*