Author Topic: rice ball plushie - who made it? SOLVED  (Read 1853 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
rice ball plushie - who made it? SOLVED
« on: March 19, 2011, 01:02:31 am »
So I have a slight issue.. I got a rice ball plushie from Kumori07 or 08. I think it was in 07. And after Sakuracon 2010 I felt it needed cleaning. Apparently one of my friends took the plushie and dunked it a few times in detergent without removing the good 30 pins that had accumulated on it from the past anime conventions...

I had to let the thing sit out and dry for a good 3 days before I could even touch it - there was so much detergent in it >< Most of the pins are intact and still good, with some ... brown discolorings that look like rust? The worst is one of my oldest pins from Sakura08, a Tidus 2" pin that's very faded and covered in rust spots... Another is an Allen .5" pin that's very faded now (from kumori09). Most of the rust damage is on the top, from pins made of a metal that would rust... I have no idea what the brown marks on the pins are from.. They showed up on the pins after it all dried.

Here's a few pictures of the damage on the plushie. My question is who made these plushies? I hope to find them at Sakura or this year's Kumori and show them the plushie and ask if there's A) anyway I can save the plushie, and B) buy a new one. I would like to get in contact with them sooner so I could get a plushie sooner... :)
From what I can tell, they're made of felt with the design sewn in by a machine. Filled with pillow fluff~ It's about 3" thick and about 5" wide.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:31:50 pm by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: rice ball plushie - who made it?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:10:35 am »

I believe that was made by the custom cosplay booth, which is run by Deanna Johnson, I looked at the site but didn't see the rice ball but I have seen them for sale before, and her stock changes.  Here are her web sites

http://chihuahua-yip.deviantart.com/

http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=96778&op=new&body=1
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:15:08 am »
That is so damn adorable I have to get one.
I now have a new priority when raiding the dealer room... :)
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:37:59 am »
I'm pretty sure it's not Dea Star's design. I got this when Dea's booth was FAR from the seller I bought from. I remember I had seen both Dea's onigiri style of plushies and this other style I bought.

The style I bought is claimed to be made out of a felt like material that can be used to clean eletronic screens. . . I saw them at AkiCon this year, so I know they're still around. I have their card somewhere @.@ But I have no idea which one it is even when I find my stack of cards. (I should've written down "riceball plushie" when I got the card...)

EDIT
I remember it's sold buy a booth that sells, at least at Kumori and when I saw them at Aki, mostly the riceballs with different emotes. Not like the Dea one that sells the strawberries and other things.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:44:48 am by veraca »
Kumori'15

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:02:25 am »
This is bugging me, 'cause after your last post I'm even more sure that I visited their booth and that their name had the word "Sushi" in it..

*digs through wallet looking for card*

dadgummit, no luck...

*digs through forums*

Aha! :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sever
http://www.etsy.com/listing/24320028/smiley-plushie-onigiri-rice-ball
And it says they'll be at Sakuracon next month. (^_^)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 09:10:54 am »
*points epically* YEAH yeah yeah!! that's them. I recognize their faces and their products! ^^ thank you sooo much!
Kumori'15