Author Topic: So pregnancy cosplays ideas?  (Read 58384 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: So pregnancy cosplays ideas?
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 12:23:03 pm »
He, tis a boy aka Max
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:18:00 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 12:43:50 pm »
AWEH!!! Can I call him maxima? pwease? What colors have you guys gotten for his room scheme and such?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2011, 02:57:12 pm »
For furniture and such we are going with green and brown, originally going for a forest theme, but its turning into a "animal" Prob because too many things are just so dang cute

The crib is dark brown, and for the big things on the registery we picked stuff from the Graco Sweet Pea Collection.  The things morph into other things like a high chair turns into a toddler seat, out crib turns into a toddler bed ect.
these we have gotten from awesome peeps,

The registry says some one bought this one for us, I really like it,

Tho for personal favorites I <3 this so much

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2011, 03:29:17 pm »
way cute!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 07:16:34 am »
Looks like little Maxers will get some great stuff!  (BTW, have you started on ideas for his cosplay for KCon '12?).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:25 am »
2 things atleast, 1 depends on if his hair is like mine or chris's so batman or joker
2 Tokyo godfathers

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 10:24:21 pm »
^ Nice! and Extra Nice!

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 12:04:39 pm »
PLEASE tell me that you are at least considering to go to the Pokemon photo shoot (at noon on day 2, esther short park) with that Chansey cosplay!  It would be awsome to the power of NINE THOUSAND to have a Chansey cosplayer there, who is actually preggers!  (the pokemon Chansey, to me at least, DOES look permanently pregnant)  Plus, I want to say hi to Max!
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 01:24:57 pm »
PLEASE tell me that you are at least considering to go to the Pokemon photo shoot (at noon on day 2, esther short park) with that Chansey cosplay!  It would be awsome to the power of NINE THOUSAND to have a Chansey cosplayer there, who is actually preggers!  (the pokemon Chansey, to me at least, DOES look permanently pregnant)  Plus, I want to say hi to Max!

Would be happy to, I don't think I have anything I have to be at during that time, will know for certain once the schedule is up 

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2011, 07:03:01 pm »
Oh! I hope youll post pics when you can, of him enjoying his room. My nephews room was jungle theme and my mothers boyfriend painted it beautifully. He should have been an artist lol And i agree, max is very lucky.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2011, 07:21:41 pm »
So I know this is a bit off topic but I think it needs to be said.
Also, jaz you might already know all this but just in case you or anyone else doesn't...

I know you will only be 8 months pregnant but the truth is, you can deliver anywhere between now and your due-date without complications.
Just in case (not saying this will happen) you have an emergency birth, you should keep some things with you. It will be too hectic to try and rush you out of con and get you to a hospital in time so it would be best to call 911 and have the ambulance come to you.
Keep towels/blankets and some gloves. If you do go into labor you have to lay down (And I doubt you want to be straight on the ground) and the baby has to be wrapped and kept clean at all costs. Gloves because whoever has to deliver the baby (your husband, friend, or even a stranger) needs to have clean hands and there isn't always a sink nearby. Pillows are a bit too big to carry around but at least one would be good to put under your hips (your husband, friend, or stranger can help with keeping your shoulders up a bit).

You may all think this seems ridiculous to think about but it can happen and it's best to be prepared. That baby will come when HE is ready and not anyone else. Anyone afraid can easily read up on how to deliver a baby online. Just don't panic and if you don't think you could handle it, don't do anything. I'm serious. You may think it's stupid to not do anything but really...don't. Birth is a natural part of life and with or without help that baby will come. Helping when you are scared or doubtful might hurt both the baby and the mother.

For anyone who doesn't want to go searching, here are some steps simplified...

1) Get the mother to the ground. She can be on her side until the baby starts to come but she must be on her back for the birth.
2) Keep the area clear and clean. Put a blanket down under the mother's butt and legs where the baby will come.
3) Clean yourself. Gloves or wash your hands and then touch NOTHING but the mother, blankets, and the baby.
4) Have the mother pant and push with her contractions and watch for crowning.
5) When the baby crowns don't push or pull the head. Put your hands under the head and support it while guiding it out.
6) When the baby's head is fully out STOP the mother from pushing and clear the baby's airway (brushing down the nose to clear it out and use a blanket to wipe it's face).
7) Make sure the umbilical cord is NOT around the baby's neck (if it is, slip it around the baby's head and off).
8) Guide the baby's shoulder out carefully without pulling (you can push above the pelvis of the mother to help coax it out).
NOTE ) The baby will naturally turn as it comes out, don't try and change that!
9) When the shoulders are out, the baby will just slide the rest of the way out.
10) CATCH IT! Do your best to keep a hold of the baby because it will be slippery and probably wiggly a bit.
11) Wrap the baby head to tow without covering the face.
12) The placenta will deliver itself a few minutes later. Do NOT pull on the cord, cut it, pinch it, or even touch it. Just let it do it's own thing.
13) If the cord is not long enough for the baby to be put in the mother's arms, hold it until the placenta is 'birthed' and then place it and the baby with the mother.

Hopefully none of this will be needed but it is better knowing than not just in case.
Just know that nothing else is needed to birth a child and changing anything could endanger the child's life. Do NOT wash the baby with water when it is born. I know a bloody baby is kinda dirty but it is better than possibly harming the child. You can keep warm water around for the mother to wipe her brow or clean up blood on her or yourself but, again, NOT the child unless it is needed to keep the child safe.
Also, make sure no one touches the baby unless they are clean! This includes the mother and father. If they are dirty they could make the child sick because of it's low immune system. Another good use for water would be to clean the mother's hands so she can touch her own child.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 09:04:18 pm »
 :D

I really appreciate your concern. <3<3 <3

I just had a doc appt, and things are going as normal baby is like right of middle of normal sized, and is probably right about 5lbs, and I am at the stage where each week he will be gaining half a pound (o.0)
  I haven't had any of the bad contractions *not counting the little baby practice ones but I honesty haven't felt anything I would call stronger then a baby kick*  I mentioned that to doc and she said that I would know if it was a contraction to be worried about, and I should be fine for con.

Tho I do have a wheel chair reserved to use during con, mostly so I don't get too tired thru the con to do anything and to be able to sit when I need to, or if feel get swollen..er, or when outside, it will limit over heating.

That said your right baby will come when HE wants to come.
I always pack a first aid kit, I can see tweaking it with some just in case stuff, it does have disinfecting wipes, and gloves in it.  Given my condition, the con let me have a assistant for my position who is also my hubby,
 *talking to brother and hubby*
Okay so basically at any given point I will have some one with me.  I was thinking about it and asked them like "what if I want to go xyz place alone?"
them "well you should have some one with you...not necessarily us, like if you wanted to go with a friend that would be okay."

So .....I have babysitters.....
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:17:21 pm by superjaz »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2011, 01:38:47 pm »

...am I one of them? ;D

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:28 pm »
Well that's good. ^^
I hope everything turns out okay for you at the con! But at the same time...it would be awesome to have a con baby. XP

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2011, 03:04:38 pm »
...am I one of them? ;D

..depends..

I was saying to Chris (aka hubby) "so..am I not allowed to be alone do I need like a check out sheet or something?
Chris " not like that just if you are wandering the con you should be with someone who..."
Jaz "knows the score so to speak? That I preggers and such, like Vallie (my friend and baby godmom) or a k-con staff?"
Chris "..depends on the staff.."

So you will have to ask Chris, to see if you are approved, there might be some sort of survey you need to fill out or something. 
Altho who knows by con time, both him and my younger brother seem to be go between general concern to worried, with out any triggers., but as this is our first baby I guess its allowed.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2011, 06:28:09 pm »
That's understandable.

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2011, 12:20:20 am »
I am excited to see your pregnantness jaz! Idk why but I find being preggers so cute~
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2011, 12:29:10 pm »
I am excited to see your pregnantness jaz! Idk why but I find being preggers so cute~

impregnates twinny >D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2011, 02:34:52 pm »
So I know this is a bit off topic but I think it needs to be said.
Also, jaz you might already know all this but just in case you or anyone else doesn't...

I know you will only be 8 months pregnant but the truth is, you can deliver anywhere between now and your due-date without complications.
Just in case (not saying this will happen) you have an emergency birth, you should keep some things with you. It will be too hectic to try and rush you out of con and get you to a hospital in time so it would be best to call 911 and have the ambulance come to you.
Keep towels/blankets and some gloves. If you do go into labor you have to lay down (And I doubt you want to be straight on the ground) and the baby has to be wrapped and kept clean at all costs. Gloves because whoever has to deliver the baby (your husband, friend, or even a stranger) needs to have clean hands and there isn't always a sink nearby. Pillows are a bit too big to carry around but at least one would be good to put under your hips (your husband, friend, or stranger can help with keeping your shoulders up a bit).

You may all think this seems ridiculous to think about but it can happen and it's best to be prepared. That baby will come when HE is ready and not anyone else. Anyone afraid can easily read up on how to deliver a baby online. Just don't panic and if you don't think you could handle it, don't do anything. I'm serious. You may think it's stupid to not do anything but really...don't. Birth is a natural part of life and with or without help that baby will come. Helping when you are scared or doubtful might hurt both the baby and the mother.

For anyone who doesn't want to go searching, here are some steps simplified...

1) Get the mother to the ground. She can be on her side until the baby starts to come but she must be on her back for the birth.
2) Keep the area clear and clean. Put a blanket down under the mother's butt and legs where the baby will come.
3) Clean yourself. Gloves or wash your hands and then touch NOTHING but the mother, blankets, and the baby.
4) Have the mother pant and push with her contractions and watch for crowning.
5) When the baby crowns don't push or pull the head. Put your hands under the head and support it while guiding it out.
6) When the baby's head is fully out STOP the mother from pushing and clear the baby's airway (brushing down the nose to clear it out and use a blanket to wipe it's face).
7) Make sure the umbilical cord is NOT around the baby's neck (if it is, slip it around the baby's head and off).
8) Guide the baby's shoulder out carefully without pulling (you can push above the pelvis of the mother to help coax it out).
NOTE ) The baby will naturally turn as it comes out, don't try and change that!
9) When the shoulders are out, the baby will just slide the rest of the way out.
10) CATCH IT! Do your best to keep a hold of the baby because it will be slippery and probably wiggly a bit.
11) Wrap the baby head to tow without covering the face.
12) The placenta will deliver itself a few minutes later. Do NOT pull on the cord, cut it, pinch it, or even touch it. Just let it do it's own thing.
13) If the cord is not long enough for the baby to be put in the mother's arms, hold it until the placenta is 'birthed' and then place it and the baby with the mother.

Hopefully none of this will be needed but it is better knowing than not just in case.
Just know that nothing else is needed to birth a child and changing anything could endanger the child's life. Do NOT wash the baby with water when it is born. I know a bloody baby is kinda dirty but it is better than possibly harming the child. You can keep warm water around for the mother to wipe her brow or clean up blood on her or yourself but, again, NOT the child unless it is needed to keep the child safe.
Also, make sure no one touches the baby unless they are clean! This includes the mother and father. If they are dirty they could make the child sick because of it's low immune system. Another good use for water would be to clean the mother's hands so she can touch her own child.

I know I'm late to say this, but this post is incredible!

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2011, 03:34:27 pm »
@titus oh dear, I don't think beloved will be to pleases lol I dunno if i'll make a cute preggo mami
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC