Author Topic: Need to make money for Sakuracon...but How?  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
Need to make money for Sakuracon...but How?
« on: January 15, 2011, 09:41:03 pm »
So I am presented with a problem here. I need 300 dollars for Sakuracon, but have no idea how to make such money before the deadline. I really want to go because it is so close to my 17th birthday and my mom is actually willing to let me go this year. I have to land a job for the past 6 months and nothing has turned up that will take me, I have tried going around to washing cars- but this is Washington...the sky ruins that opportunity. I don't really have babysitting options either since less and less people actually have jobs due to the economy.

So I ask....what do I do? ; A ;

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: Need to make money for Sakuracon...but How?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:48:27 pm »
Have an epic garage sale...? Ask relatives for early Holliday/Birthday gift money...?

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:14:04 pm »
Yeah, I have tried selling all the stuff i want to be rid of in my thread on the manga swap meet but it died off pretty quickly. I don't have many relatives but none of them even bothered sending us christmas anything XD

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:04:02 pm »
Collect and recycle soda cans? That's 5 cents per can/bottle. Waaay back in high school, we collected cans for 2 hours in a neighborhood and made almost $60 or so --can't quite remember what club that was for, but anywho, that's one way. I'm not sure about deposit regulations in WA though...

Hummm...ask your parents for allowance if you do extra chores/jobs/errands? (Sorry, I am assuming you are young...under 18-ish) :)

Jobs at school?

I hope things work out for you!
And so it begins...

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 06:11:40 pm »
anything left over from trying to sell here, you should put up at cosplay.com. There are alot more people there to sell stuff to. Commisions are good too, but not if you are super busy getting ready for a con. For jobs, are you hunting online, in stores and the newspaper?
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 07:01:37 am »
Usually I just fix engines when some dumbass decides he can roll over our freeways in a piece of junk that hasn't been maintained in over 6 months.

I don't like getting dirty, footing the bill in parts and offering half the cost in labor of someone else. If anything I dread it but I do a far better job than anyone I know and that causes the work to rush in like mad.

Unfortunately I can no longer find a reason to rent a shop for my work and I can't move out of this role because I can't sell my tools. I've been trying to avoid this type of work by accepting cheap labor jobs from local temp agencies but the work has been scarce since last year. I know I spend way too much but it's all justified. If I could find a way to secure a crappy temp job for 3 weeks I would be fine for Sakura and AX. I like jobs where I interact with someone to be hired on. This is why I refuse to work retail. Fast food would be nice but I don't know if it's in my capacity. Nuts and bolts are all I know. :/
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 04:08:04 pm »
If you are in Washington, I have noticed a few places that are hiring, but if you're picky about a job you want, choices are most likely limited. Taco Bell, Subway and Safeway are looking to hire, at least in my neighborhood. So try and look around and good luck!
(Also, sell old but in good or great condition clothes to second hand stores. And Half priced books takes more than books, I made $90 just for handing over a game cube and twenty or so books I've read only once.)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:32 pm »
Sell your plasma to a hospital. I dont know how much they pay but i just heard they pay.

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 05:31:20 pm »
Ichigoneko-chan, what do you need THAT much for this year? I'm assuming you're rooming with someone and need to pay out the butt for your part of the room? (Write to me, I think I know some places that are hiring by the way.)
~ Bunny ~
Assistant Director of Infrastructure
Formerly Yojimbo Office Coordinator, Yojimbo Dispatch Coordinator, Yojimbo, and Con Suite Staff.

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 05:32:16 pm »
The Home Depot near us is hiring a crap load of people right now for almost any position you could thing of there...
~ Bunny ~
Formerly Yojimbo Office Coordinator, Yojimbo Dispatch Coordinator, Yojimbo, and Con Suite Staff.

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 05:51:51 pm »
Okay, ; u ; I will look it up and I'd need that much for Registration, hotel for 4 nights, and food, transportation....everything and I prolly wouldn't have any money to spend at that point XD

I've given up hope for Sakuracon so it doesn't matter.

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 05:59:03 pm »
I see... Well, if I go then you can go with me and that'll cut out a lot of the expense... But I'm looking into the Home Depot jobs and stuff too right now. (The job thing isn't exactly something you need to look into just for Sakuracon at least. :D)
~ Bunny ~