Author Topic: Cosplay commission - Taken care of now. Thanks.  (Read 1884 times)

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
Cosplay commission - Taken care of now. Thanks.
« on: December 21, 2010, 08:00:38 pm »
Hey all. Im super lame and have no cosplay making skills at all. On top of that, I cannot ask my parents for tips or help at all because they do not like Cosplay at all.

That being said, I have a cosplay I want to do, but have no clue how to do most of it. I got some early Xmas money and so I would be interested in paying someone here to maybe help me out...

It feels really pathetic on my part to be having someone else make a costume for me, but it appears that lots of people do it too so....

This is what I am planning:

I think I can manage finding a shirt and pair of pants for this, but Im lost on what to do for the:

Ears
Sleeves
Tail
Lower Leg/Feet

It doesnt need to be super fancy fur stuff or anything, but would love for it to look similar if nothing else. lol

I am male, and luckily this gijinka outfit could go either way. Nothing about it sceams female. (Luckily)

Im debating if I should get a wig for this too. My hair is short black normally, so it COULD work, but I dont know...

So if anyone is looking for money or would just be able to spare their time and skills, either PM me or post here with details and quotes etc.

Thanks so much to all of you.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:38:44 pm by shadoworganoid »
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cosplay help?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 09:09:28 pm »
o.o for the feet i can say use some old shoes (with out laces ) and uses some foam or what ever its called and form the paws and stuff and them cover it in fur :3 the ears I think i can make for you o.O dun knows

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 02:50:46 pm »
Ears: Headband, clips, or sewn onto wig. Can easily be made.

Sleeves: (you mean the gloves, right?) Can also be easily made with stretchy fabric or with elastic at the top to keep them up. For the fur look at the top, you can form it with padding/backing/fluff/whateveryouwannacallit or with small, sturdy wire. (I would suggest a dyed faux fur with the elastic at the top.)

Tail: If you look at the pants, you can see a belt. You just make the tail something that can be worn on the belt OR you can attach it to a pair of underwear and cut a hole on the back of the pants. Use the same material as the gloves & feet.

Lower Leg/Feet: A pair of cheap slippers with the non-slip bottoms and the same fabric as for the above two items. Cut out the form and use hot glue to attach the bottoms to the rest of the boot form. Use elastic to keep them up. OR Get some zip up boots and use hot glue to attach fur to the outside OR make slip-on shoe covers for normal shoes.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 11:50:46 pm »
^Thanks for the tips.
But this is why I was hoping someone wanted the option for some extra money. While I now know the best way to ATTACH the ears, I still have no idea teh best material or way to CREATE the ears.
Same thing for the Tail. Attaching it is no prob, but making it is a different story.

I have no knowledge of patters, sewing or anything. lol

You looking for a little extra cash? lol jk
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:54:46 pm by shadoworganoid »

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
Re: Cosplay help? (maybe someone commission it for me?)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 12:04:13 am »
Greetings!

You could try:
Kitty Katie Designs
www.kittykatiedesigns.com
Email: kittykatie@kittykatiedesigns.com

She is a seamstress in Salem. We carry some of her items in our shop, check her out and see what she can do for you.

Best of luck.  ;D

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
Re: Cosplay help? (maybe someone commission it for me?)
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:57:38 am »
^Okay, I have talked to her. I cant get a full prive quote yet until next month from her....

Time is short and as such I would like to get quotes from other people on here about commissioning it to increase my options.

Anyone else here want to maybe offer their skillls?

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cosplay commission please?
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 12:30:55 pm »
You said you needed some help with ears? I could help you with that, or even make the ears myself if you could supply the things i need. I suggest useing faux fur for the outside, and shorter faux fur (such as, Beanie babies fur. something as short as that), and cardboard for the inside (i know it doesn't sound very sturdy, but believe me, it works very well).
First: Draw out the pattern of the ears on a piece of paper.
Second: Cut out the pattern in both types of fabric (you want to make sure to flip the patter over for each ear so both of them will be different and one of them won't be backwards xD).
Third: Cut out the shapes for both ears out of the carboard, but make sure they're a little smaller than the ears, like by a few centemeters (By the way. The type of carboard you should be using is the type of cardboard used in cereal boxes. The thin, but sturdy, stuff).
Fourth: Sew both ears with the the long fur and the short fur facing each other and the flat sides sticking out. Make sure to sew them on the edges, not with a sewing machine.
Fifth: Turn the ears inside out so the fur part is sticking out.
Sixth: Take a piece of carboard (make sure it's for the right ear), and take a glue stick, and glue all around the outside of the carboard before sticking it in your ear 'sock' and pressing the fur around the cardboard so it sticks.
Seventh: Do the same thing to the other ear.

I hope this helped a little... that's how i make my cat ears, so it should work just as well with any other ear too ^^;

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 06:13:51 pm »
I offer commissions. Pm me if you are interested.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 09:11:26 am »
What you might want to consider is in your first post putting a bit more information.
What kind of fabric are you looking to make them out of?
Are you supplying the fabric or is the person buying it all?
Is there an offer price you were thinking about? Maybe a range?

Also, such as for the shoes, how do you want them made?
Are you looking for covers, handmade shoes, or pre-made redesigned shoes?
Are you sending shoes to be used for helping with the design?
If last, does the person have to buy the shoes?

Answering a lot of questions in your first post can help someone get you a quote faster so everyone doesn't have to individually ask you the same questions.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure