Author Topic: Getting in shape  (Read 287494 times)

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #650 on: July 08, 2012, 08:58:37 pm »
Adjusted my diet to low carbohydrates and more into eating meat and vegetables. Plus I started looking at the back of labels to avoid high fructose corn syrup and I have lost 4 lbs. :D I also workout as well to Insanity (which I have completed) and will also be looking for another workout video to try out~

Offline scarlingrose

• Sailor Scout
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #651 on: July 09, 2012, 03:50:28 pm »
just some tips

i know that is so hard to get your self going when it comes to losing wight are tonning up
i use to waight 110lbs and gaind about 60lbs

somthing iv lernd losing the wight its not really
about how much you exsires you run job bounces but the wight will never leave
unles you watch what you put in your mouth..

you want to lose wight you have to think about what you are eating and what you are realling putting into your body
your body wants to work with you

so hear are some tips that i used that help me slim down fast..

1. make sure you drink more watter.. its so importan to make sure u are drinking watter and no
that dose not mean juces that mixed with watter cuz that just suggar and flavor u want pure watter

2, TAKE AWAY THE SODA... stop stop stop stop i mean stop if you like fizzy drink try some carbnated watter it still fizz but
so much better u can even add some lemons and strawberry and a little sugar to have a falvor..

3.exseries even if u cant run and it hurts to start moving... walk... move ur arms bend strech go play a game outside take ur kids
to the park JUST MOVE..........................

4. watch waht you eat noddles bred carbs are so bad for waight loss u want to go to what we call a raw dite..
that means veggies froot chicken and fish ..but that dose not mean never eat ur favrot foods make them a treat...
its always nice to have somthing great once in a wile... you want proten....it not just for bulding mussles
but proten is an amazing way to get rid of wight

5. and this is probly the most importan find a work out that works for your body so man people dont understand that
there is 1000 ways to work out but that dose not mean that its for you... if your triyng to tone up sqwats and pull ups legs pumps GET INTO A DANCE CLASS
like hip hop are jazz so great for toning up... if ur trying to lose belly fat are that ugllie muffen top u want to run and do core work outs always switch it up
becuse to much of the same thing wont work after some time

6... the hardest thing is to keep movated
befor you just work out make a gole... get ur self involed in actviet
take a class find a friend keep your self movated
set a gole like
im going to run 2miles every day
and if i run 2 miles every day for 1week i can have a bugger on friyday are i can
make bronnies and have one  set a limet and set a gole...

and you dont have to have money to work out so many thing work
food can.. can be amazing wights the wall a towel make it work...

i hope this helps ill add some links to some great work out you can do at home to tone up and keep fit
good luck to you all and keep motvated
i apolgies for the horbull spelling but i still hope this helps some of you guys out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvOaTh5PxRs&list=UUkVj3yY58qOJa3K_ipk_67A&index=4&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aDEkxIIwws&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyEjHz5NcjE&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/user/yoyi
Scarling rose redding

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #652 on: July 12, 2012, 10:37:29 pm »
scarlingrose made some great points. loosing weight is easy in theory, just take in less calories than you use. Sadly that is CRAZY hard to do.

Drinking water is in it's rightful place as number one. It's SO important but so easy to forget. Drinking water can make you feel more full so it takes the edge off dieting. I know that I eat when I'm bored sometimes (which is awful!) so instead I try to get a glass of water so that my mouth has something to do. This is doubly important if you are working out too, it will help you recoup from a workout better and in general keep you feeling better.

I also recommend that you do more than just walk for a work out. Walking is good and all but it just doesn't work you like you need. If you really want to loose some pounds you need to be out of breath and soaking with sweat at least 2-3 times a week. If you have a hard time keeping motivated find something you love doing. If you don't want to go to the gym dance lessons are a great idea. I do martial arts,it's fun as hell and I'm working different parts of my body every day. I find something with a schedule helps. It's harder for me to put something off if I have a specific time. Working out in a group also helps, if I miss a day or two of karate I have people asking me where I've been.

Actually accountability is HUGE! If you are really serious about loosing weight find a friend to help you. If you slack off they should be willing to smack you around a bit for it. Even knowing the fact that you not working out is gonna disappoint some one else can be a great motivator.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #653 on: July 14, 2012, 06:45:16 pm »
I've been doing some really great yoga lately, which, when mixed with the weight stuff I've been doing, makes me feel so good afterwards ahhh~

On the downside I'm going to be going on vacation for a week starting Monday, so I won't be able to keep up my normal routine. However, I'll be channeling my inner ojou-sama because we're going to the San Juan Islands (specifically one of the private ones...) so I'll be able to get lots of hiking in! And also because we're on an island, we make all of our own food so I'll be having delicious homemade food and not instant noodles or fast food.

On another note, does anyone have a Fitocracy account? I started using it to track my workouts and it's super fun! I'm on there as ka-san. I can't remember if you still need to be invited to join or if you can just sign up, but if you need an invite I can give one!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #654 on: July 14, 2012, 08:22:08 pm »
3lbs till I've lost 100lbs. :D Funny thing is, I eat more often then I did before I started working out and changed my diet. A lot of my influence of my diet is from the Eating Clean diet, it's amazing.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #655 on: July 15, 2012, 12:10:06 am »
Finally found a diet change I like that is working for me and have lost 8lbs in the past few weeks... Bad news is I told my mom who less than an hour later had made 2 batches of my favorite cookies! Attempted sabotage! Luckily I managed to ignore it and am still going strong! Jogging with my dog 30 minutes in the morning and afternoon through the hills and up multiple flights of outdoor stairs! Now to get back into weight training!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #656 on: July 15, 2012, 07:25:15 am »
Way to go everyone!!  You are all doing great.  I always hear folks say to cut out the carbs and sugar.  Don't forget to eat fruit.  Your brain can only run on one fuel, Glucose, basic sugar.  So don't starve your brain cause that will tell it your starving and your body will go into survival mode, and will try to store food in the form of fat.

If you're like me, old and feeble, walking 2 miles burns the same amount of caleries as running 2 miles.  You just won't get as good of a cardio workout.  So don't feel bad if you're a walker cause my joints wouldn't be able to handle running.  Also a huge difference is walking with hand weights.  Even one of those little one pound weights.

I woke up at 530am and went for a lovely 70 minute walk.  Nice and cool in the mornings cause I have a problem with photosensitivity.  Basically the sun really hates me.

Gonna start planing my Deunan Knute cosplay for next year cause I'm gonna get there!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:32:19 am by Drauska »

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #657 on: July 26, 2012, 03:17:39 pm »
I've been staying with some friends in Beaverton for the last two weeks so I've had access to a pool and a gym. I've been jogging, using the gym and swimming until I'm exhausted. Hopefully my arms and legs tone up before con time. That's my goal.
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #658 on: July 27, 2012, 01:08:49 pm »
I've been eating horribly, but keeping up with my workout! I haven't lost any weight, but I lost an inch in my waist, and 2 in my hips!
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #659 on: July 29, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »
Haven't posted in here yet but I'm averaging about 40 minutes of work out every other day (this is not including the mile and a half I walk to work and the hours I spend on my feet there). I don't want to weigh myself because muscle weighs more than fat. Instead I am checking measurements and looking at progress that way.

It has been eight months since I have had coffee or soda of any kind. I have stuck to tea, flavored waters, and juice.
BUT the juice is stuff I make myself.

Generally when I make a batch of juice (I have the best juicer ever) I use:

- Half a bag to a full bag of spinach
 - Quarter of a bag to a half a bag of full sized carrots (I tend to use less of these because the flavor is very overpowering)
- Two mangos
- Five apples
- Three oranges

I add a VERY small amount of lemon or lime juice to preserve the juice better since it lasts me a few days but if you use too much it gets WAY too acidic.

I also learned that fruit juice is really acidic anyway so its best to drink it quickly so it doesn't errode the enamel on your teeth.

Anyway though I'm pretty excited about my progress and my energy levels so that's the important part!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:59:42 pm by DemonSpawn »
I miss 2010.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2012, 09:30:17 am »
I'm going to start training for the Warrior Dash in September. I did the foam fest this past weekend and that was like a warm up for the warrior dash. The foam fest wasn't bad though. I did pretty good. I mean my time didn't reflect that mainly because we had to wait at each obstacle because of a back up but it was a lot of fun.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2012, 10:44:33 am »
Am trying to get rid of the last later of gays In my belly... Ghuuuuh

OMG HAHAHAHAHAH EPIC AUTOCORRECT FAIL~!!!!<3 I LOVE MY PHONE *sarcasm*

I MEANT FATS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG I LOVE THIS FAIL XDDDD

ok, rephrase (imma just leave the top COZ IT'S SO FUNNY~~~~)

Am trying to get rid of the last LAYER OF FATS in my belly~~
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:38:29 pm by zenneth »
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #662 on: July 31, 2012, 10:12:26 am »
Been doing a lot of walking and healthy eating and it's paying off.  Lost over 10 lbs in the last 5 weeks.  My goal is to loose 80lbs by next kumo.  I finally found someone to cosplay Briareos to compliment my Deunan Knute (dream cosplay) next year.  We will be making these cosplays over the next year.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #663 on: July 31, 2012, 10:34:40 am »
How are you going to reach that goal.
Status: i'm 15, i'm almost 6'2" and i was almost 200 lbs last time i checked, although, thats only a tad above average for my height  .__. according to most height weight charts, although kids my age aren't usually  almost 6'2" and my doctor said it'd probably be best to get down to average rather than stay a tad above

my goal: i want to lose some weight, and get rid of some of mah chubs if i can

plan: recently i've been getting in near 300 crunches in a week, rather then a few every now and then, and i've been eating a bit less since a normal amount of food for most americans is a crap-ton for alot of other people all over the world, been eating more fruit(wont get scurvy) and veggies :U compared to other things, i wish i had the chance to eat fish more often.... i like fish XD, also i've been lifting weights, just little arm ones, ya know the ones that go one in each hand, although thats just to get stronger in general, been taking more walks, i usually take alot of walks year round but during my walks i've been trying to speed myself up, and jog a bit more, i have no friggin clue how much i weigh because my mom refuses to have a scale in her house, i just remember right before i started being more active about 2 months ago my doctor said i'm a bit above avrage for my height, she said cause i'm a teenager it'd be best to get down to average, so i been trying to get more active thanks to my doctor~  i can really thank her for the advice because excersizing makes me feel better about myself and it makes my body feel alot better to :T
and besides losing weight, working my body on a regular basis makes me stronger in general, and i like that kinda

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #664 on: July 31, 2012, 01:45:06 pm »
How are you going to reach that goal.
Status: i'm 15, i'm almost 6'2" and i was almost 200 lbs last time i checked, although, thats only a tad above average for my height  .__. according to most height weight charts, although kids my age aren't usually  almost 6'2" and my doctor said it'd probably be best to get down to average rather than stay a tad above

my goal: i want to lose some weight, and get rid of some of mah chubs if i can

plan: recently i've been getting in near 300 crunches in a week, rather then a few every now and then, and i've been eating a bit less since a normal amount of food for most americans is a crap-ton for alot of other people all over the world, been eating more fruit(wont get scurvy) and veggies :U compared to other things, i wish i had the chance to eat fish more often.... i like fish XD, also i've been lifting weights, just little arm ones, ya know the ones that go one in each hand, although thats just to get stronger in general, been taking more walks, i usually take alot of walks year round but during my walks i've been trying to speed myself up, and jog a bit more, i have no friggin clue how much i weigh because my mom refuses to have a scale in her house, i just remember right before i started being more active about 2 months ago my doctor said i'm a bit above avrage for my height, she said cause i'm a teenager it'd be best to get down to average, so i been trying to get more active thanks to my doctor~  i can really thank her for the advice because excersizing makes me feel better about myself and it makes my body feel alot better to :T
and besides losing weight, working my body on a regular basis makes me stronger in general, and i like that kinda

I've been going to weight watchers since I got a free 13 visit pass from work.  I walk an 40 mins to an hour almost every morning.  I eat lot's of salad mostly spinach, peppers, and tomatoes.  I list everything I eat and the amount of exercise I do every day.  I cut out the candy, and sugary drinks.  It's working pretty good...I've been averaging 2lbs a week.  I've lost almost 30lbs since last year.  But the big jump was in the last month.  10lbs last month.  so I figure that 80lbs in 13months is a reasonable goal.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #665 on: August 15, 2012, 09:24:54 am »
ok Plateaued big time.  Gonna start something different in my morning walks.  Tomorrow I'm getting 3lb weights to carry and every time around the track I'm gonna start intensifying my speed for 30 sec.  I'm told that your body will get use to the same ole routine.  so need to kick it in the A**

my goal is to loose 80lbs over the next year so I can do my dream cosplay and not feel ridiculous. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:25:44 am by Drauska »

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #666 on: August 18, 2012, 02:12:01 am »
I've now lost 105lbs :D

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #667 on: August 18, 2012, 05:08:41 pm »
Good job Shikyo.  :)

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #668 on: August 18, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »
So I weighed myself last week and was down 10lbs, putting me back in my normal range in the low 130's. I've been working more on doing weights for my arms, various stretches for my glutes and thighs, and this really awesome partner work-out I've been doing with my friend to focus on my abs that involves a medicine ball. I feel like my body just looks a tad firmer than normal, which is a really nice feeling. Also my food journal I've been using has been really helpful in keeping me from overeating. =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline chanellelynn

• Oni
« Reply #669 on: August 20, 2012, 12:09:35 am »
I dont have a current weight or know my weight as of right now, my last known weight was 250lbs last year. When summer started I began biking almost a mile and a half around my neighborhood coupled with the cold water of our pool. Ive always took the idea of runners soaking in ice water and applied it to shrinking my muscles after biking.
Today I have almost biked every day, excluding a couple of weekends and weekdays for not being home. With that, I have been getting compliments from the first weekend to this current day about how much I have lost. My original idea was to fit into a dress I could barely move in and felt bloated. Today my goal is to look healthy and be rid of 100 lbs, I have not been in the 150-160 range since I was 14.

This year I turned 21, over 6 years of struggling to lose weight and not winning, biking has been the only working outlet. Im regretful for not using this advantage but maybe my drive this year is what is working. Im still eating normally but my stomach has shrunk which is fantastic.
If you find it hard to maintain a working diet/training, just remember to find that goal and picture what you could be and not what you are.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #670 on: August 20, 2012, 07:48:01 am »

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #671 on: August 20, 2012, 07:50:57 am »
I've starting doing High Intensity Interval Training while I walk with a bit of leg and arm resistance training with 50 crunches.  I've been told that I can't weigh myself for 2 weeks.  So I can't do another weigh in till the Thursday right before con.  :) 

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #672 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:37 pm »
I hope everyone got where they wanted for con or their year goal. :)  If not, don't get to upset.  There is always more time, and keeping your body in shape is a life time thing.  Enjoy the convention everyone!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #673 on: September 09, 2012, 09:37:52 pm »
Not about running around and getting fit that way...

But my mom's got me taking 3 different kinds of multivitamin gummies (one's just a D3) and I've been drinking a V8 and having peanuts every morning for about a month now. My skin's cleared up remarkably (we thought I had a biotin deficiency), I feel better, I can down water really easily now (I used to drink just milk+choco powder all day).

And at con this year I had a ton more energy. I wasn't in nearly as much pain. The pain in my knees was much more minor then usual, and the pain that came to my shoes took a while. Same with the pain to my feet and I didn't get con-funk sick afterward (my mom did though, so I must've just brought the germs home for her~).
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #674 on: September 10, 2012, 09:55:36 am »
Lost 30 pounds for con, working on losing more and getting toned. Finally started lifting weights and walking every other day for about 2 miles. I start work soon, though, so I'll have to slowly build up again with how tired I'll be.
Since its cooler I'm going to get a bike chain and start using it to go places when I'm too out of it to drive.
I also started doing my 100 crunches a day challenge, though this time I brought it down to 50 or more if I can do them. I've noticed a dramatic change each time I did it so lets see if I can last 30 days.
Soon I'm thinking of going vegan because of my food allergies, but that'll be in the future.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #675 on: September 10, 2012, 10:17:29 am »
I'm starting a new diet plan for my Bane cosplay next year. I am thinking of starting a meal-replacement shake, something high-protein and low-calorie. Anyone have any meal replacement shakes they suggest? I have a year to lose 100 lbs. and I will also be working out daily and cutting all soda, sugar and junk food. I think I can make this happen.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #676 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:42 am »
so, i've finally decided to get back into working out. i realized how scrawny my arms are, and feel like i need to (slowly) build up a little muscle. i also need to work on my core strength because that crap is wacked.

anyways, i've been starting with planks, pushups, wall stands, etc. i'm also working on increasing my flexibility with the stretches i learned back when i did capoeira. just gotta keep up with it, and do exercises every day.

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #677 on: September 10, 2012, 11:55:17 am »
I'm starting a new diet plan for my Bane cosplay next year. I am thinking of starting a meal-replacement shake, something high-protein and low-calorie. Anyone have any meal replacement shakes they suggest? I have a year to lose 100 lbs. and I will also be working out daily and cutting all soda, sugar and junk food. I think I can make this happen.
If you aren't allergic to anything (like dairy), you could try Ensure. I actually got better results out of Slimfast when I'd drink it every morning for breakfast. But that was like 8 years ago, and when I had some recently it gave me a stomachache. I believe both come in the flavors vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. You could try one of those many vitamin fruit/veggie drinks that are out now. V8 isn't one of the best considering it's sugar & sodium load is equal to soda roughly, but I did see some at Costco that were better in those areas. I think TreeTop had a good one.
Kumori'15

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #678 on: September 10, 2012, 06:13:05 pm »

[Bane]Ah, yes, my brother. Allow me to make a suggestion for you...[/Bane]  ;)

What has worked well for me has been replacing breakfast with a casein protein shake.  I take 2 scoops of this in the morning.  I also throw in a scoop of Metamucil.  Gives ya that little extra fiber boost in the mornin', something us old folk need to take into account.  ;)  I have tried the Chocolate Supreme and Chocolate Peanut Butter flavors, and both were great.  It's really hard to go wrong with chocolate when it comes to protein.  Or anything in general.  :D

Around 11 or 12, I might grab a small handful of nuts (raw almonds or cashews!) to tide me over another hour or two until I take my lunch.

I guess I should note, however, that this type of protein shake is not in fact a "meal replacement*".  Rather, I'm doing this as part of a "sort of" intermittent fasting routine.  I tried full blown IF, where I didn't eat until 5PM, and .. I ended up making poor food choices because I was so dang hungry by the time I was supposed to eat.  And I actually found it difficult to fit my entire day's meals into the 8 hour window allotted.

And I noticed that when I did this "sort of" intermittent fasting, with a couple of scoops of protein at night before bed and breaking my fast around 1PM or 2PM with a full meal, I ended up doing losing fat quicker and also was able to control my diet without as much effort.

* But, you could pretty easily turn it in to one if you added a few ingredients. A few ice cubes and a banana would work well. Also, if you stick in the fridge before you go to bed, when you wake up, it will be VERY thick. You may need to adjust your water levels and all that jazz to get it right, but to me drinking half the amount with twice the consistency seems to "stick" with me more.

But .. if you're really serious about dropping weight ..

#1 You need to believe you WILL do it so much that you can actually SEE it, FEEL it.
#2 You need to WRITE IT DOWN and RE-AFFIRM it DAILY.
#3 You REALLY need to remove all sugary drinks.  This includes JUICE!  And start to eliminate simple carbs.  A lot of stuff you buy in a box has high fructose corn syrup in it!

To learn just how bad it is, watch either one of these two videos (or even better, both!)

Sugar: The Bitter Truth - Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by sugary foods. He argues that fructose (too much) and fiber (not enough) appear to be cornerstones of the obesity epidemic through their effects on insulin.
Sugar: The Bitter Truth (The SHORT Version) - A short version of the video above, summarized by the YouTube channel UndergroundWellness
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:22:40 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #679 on: September 10, 2012, 09:30:45 pm »
Aw man, reppy. I love frozen pizza and pasta roni xDDD I've actually had so much pasta roni in college that I'm pretty over it, but I can't outgrow frozen pizza.

Lack of appetite makes it harder to diet and just been flat out lazy since the con. After I finish these V8's I'm gonna opt for them no more probably and just stick to milk :)
Kumori'15

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #680 on: September 10, 2012, 10:17:57 pm »
Aw man, reppy. I love frozen pizza and pasta roni xDDD I've actually had so much pasta roni in college that I'm pretty over it, but I can't outgrow frozen pizza.

Lack of appetite makes it harder to diet and just been flat out lazy since the con. After I finish these V8's I'm gonna opt for them no more probably and just stick to milk :)

heh heh.  I still eat stuff like that, but I try to limit it to weekends, and not go too overboard.

Con was a food abomination. XD

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #681 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:45 pm »
That's true. Eating it every night would be bad x_x

Though I think if you eat the Newman's Own pizza, that's probably... Slightly better for you?
Kumori'15

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #682 on: September 11, 2012, 12:22:38 am »
If I eat bad food, I at least try to make it be something nice from an actual restaurant instead of fast food. . I feel slightly better about it that way. XD

Or something like sushi.

"Sure, I ate 13 plates of sushi . . but it's just fish and rice, anyway!"

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #683 on: September 11, 2012, 12:25:19 am »
so, a good general rule about dieting, the simple michael pollan diet is great to keep in mind. 'eat food, not too much, mostly plants'

and he defines 'food' as anything with around 5 ingredients or less. also, limiting the meat in your diet is one of the best ways to loose weight.

mostly plants!

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #684 on: September 11, 2012, 02:36:40 am »
Actually, I wouldn't suggest limiting meat. It's protein and other goodies and lots of people process it far better then veggies and carbs (breads). You also need to eat variety of things for the maximum absorption of the nutrients into your body. I haven't changed most of my diet in years cept for when I went to college and ate a lot of pasta roni, going through 3 boxes a week sometimes (leftovers ftw!).

I think a 2 fruit/veggie to 1 carbs and 1 meat is a good ratio to stick to. Hot dog, have the bun if you want, but maybe not the whole bun. And limit the size of the hot dog yourself

Some people are bothered by being hungry every 3 hours. I'm hungry every 2 cause I burn through food for some reason even though I'm lazy. Moving around at con, I feel like I'm always ALWAYS hungry. OTL I have no idea how to fix that. I'm always nomming on food it seems or going "I'm hungry!" even after I just eat a lot of food.
Kumori'15

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #685 on: September 11, 2012, 03:48:49 am »
If I eat bad food, I at least try to make it be something nice from an actual restaurant instead of fast food. . I feel slightly better about it that way. XD

Or something like sushi.

"Sure, I ate 13 plates of sushi . . but it's just fish and rice, anyway!"

I laughed at this pretty hard because that's pretty much the same way it is for me right now XD although lately its just been really bad food lol I need to rediscover my willpower to not eat all the foods that are bad for me.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #686 on: September 12, 2012, 10:52:48 am »
Can not stress exercise and eating at least one huge salad a day.

slim fast and 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast.

Banana or natural applesauce for morning snack

Leafy greens, tomatoes, chopped up bell peppers, a 5 oz can on albacore tuna in water, dried cranberries and sliced almonds for lunch.

a bite size piece of chocolate so you don't feel deprived for afternoon snack

chicken, fish or lean beef with a carb or starch and another small salad for dinner. 

Similar meals during the day I can guarantee you will feel great and you will shed lbs.

5 times a week walk 2 miles with High Intensity Intervals....basically run or jog for a bit, then walk, then run again.  Basically your body will get use to just walking and you will loose weight slower. 

This is what I'm doing and it's melting off which makes me happy cause my dream cosplay is coming up next year and I need to look in shape for it.  Cosplay is a good incentive.  If you get tired while exercising just chant "it's all for cosplay" over and over again.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #687 on: September 25, 2012, 10:19:30 am »
I've been walking home from work a lot and going to boot camp.  the soreness is paying off.

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #688 on: September 25, 2012, 04:52:42 pm »
Since Tri-Met raised their prices yet again, I've been biking ten miles a day to and from school. I'd really, really recommend it if anyone is looking for a great way to save money and lose weight at the same time!

Even if you don't feel comfortable biking in downtown traffic right off the bat, Portland has tons of neighborhood bike streets that are very low-traffic safe spaces to get used to bike commuting. And you'd really be surprised how quickly you get comfortable biking in traffic. It took me a couple months to feel safe, but now I'm not scared to ride around cars at all!

:P Since fall term just started, I can't comment on any weight-loss. I'm hoping I'll lose some fat around my gut and thighs, but I don't really expect to lose weight number-wise, as I'll be gaining muscle mass too.
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #689 on: September 26, 2012, 02:17:16 am »
Current Status: I'm 28 and weigh 135lbs. I am generally around 130-135 and have an athletic build.  (Ex martial artist)  I shape up fairly easy but I am lazy.

Goal: I could care less about weight loss.  I just want to tone up a bit to where I will feel secure running around in a bikini (following con regulations) with an apron over it.  I am not quite there. 

Plan to reach goal: I plan to start doing yoga on Thursdays to help with toning up.  I hope by posting this that I'll actually act on this instead of talking about it. 

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #690 on: September 26, 2012, 10:46:18 am »
Current Status: I'm 28 and weigh 135lbs. I am generally around 130-135 and have an athletic build.  (Ex martial artist)  I shape up fairly easy but I am lazy.

Goal: I could care less about weight loss.  I just want to tone up a bit to where I will feel secure running around in a bikini (following con regulations) with an apron over it.  I am not quite there. 

Plan to reach goal: I plan to start doing yoga on Thursdays to help with toning up.  I hope by posting this that I'll actually act on this instead of talking about it. 

Check out The Warrior Room.  that is where I've started going to boot camp.  If you want to tone up it's a good place to go.  Small class size and no membership fees.  Just pay for the classes as you go.  $9 a session.  they will whip you in shape in no time.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #691 on: September 26, 2012, 12:43:17 pm »
I've lost a total of 36 pounds so far. I'm working hard and on my days off I take my dogs walking, I do interval training though.
I can tell I've not only lost weight but gained muscle.

I've cut most meats out of my diet and all dairy but cheese. (Its my weakness)
I'm eating a bit more fruits and vegetables.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #692 on: September 26, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »

Check out The Warrior Room.  that is where I've started going to boot camp.  If you want to tone up it's a good place to go.  Small class size and no membership fees.  Just pay for the classes as you go.  $9 a session.  they will whip you in shape in no time.

I don't need anything as extreme as boot camp.  :P  Plus, I live in Lincoln City, Oregon.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #693 on: October 07, 2012, 11:00:53 pm »
Question, if I were to eat right, do you think Hula Hooping or stationary biking would help me lose weight? :O

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #694 on: October 08, 2012, 04:03:22 pm »
Question, if I were to eat right, do you think Hula Hooping or stationary biking would help me lose weight? :O

Eating right is most of the battle. You actually burn very few calories from your workout itself. (But working out does have a ton of other health benefits, like improving your cardiovascular system, releasing growth hormone, etc.)

izamor

« Reply #695 on: October 09, 2012, 01:20:59 am »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:31:09 pm by izamor »

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #696 on: October 09, 2012, 06:39:25 am »

Definatly eat right.  Don't skip breakfast.  Stationary bike will burn the calories better then Hula.  However, Hula is awesome for working your abs and core muscles.  I would do both.  While on the stationary bike.  You need to do HIITs which is High Intensity Interval Training.  Basically go at a nice steady pace for a couple minutes then do 30 secs of going as fast as you can.  Then bring it back down.  The go high intensity again.  Do that over and over for your entire work out.  It works, trust me.  I've lost 30lbs doing that.

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #697 on: October 09, 2012, 08:18:57 am »
so i've only posted here once or twice, but i felt the need to share.

after recovering from some stuff, i'm finally back up to a (relatively) healthy weight!

and i've been gaining it through both muscle and a little fat, by eating more high quality food, running, pushups, and planks.

hoorah.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #698 on: October 11, 2012, 11:40:37 am »

Definatly eat right.  Don't skip breakfast.  Stationary bike will burn the calories better then Hula.  However, Hula is awesome for working your abs and core muscles.  I would do both.  While on the stationary bike.  You need to do HIITs which is High Intensity Interval Training.  Basically go at a nice steady pace for a couple minutes then do 30 secs of going as fast as you can.  Then bring it back down.  The go high intensity again.  Do that over and over for your entire work out.  It works, trust me.  I've lost 30lbs doing that.

WOAH. AWESOME.

Offline PaigeLoe

• Cabbit
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #699 on: October 12, 2012, 12:57:53 am »
Current status
I am 20 years old, 5'3" (ish?), and 120lbs at my heaviest. For flexibility, I can touch my toes, but that's pretty much it...
Goal
Tone, endurance, and flexibility! I am technically at a healthy weight, so I would like to tone the little muscle I have, and become WAY more flexible. My main cosplay for next year is Crona, and I would like to be able to bend backwards! Crona makes such awesomely stretchy poses look easy, and I'd like to do the same.
Plan
I have been trying to wake up early enough to eat a healthy breakfast and pack a lunch and/or snacks, but I need to wake up even EARLIER so that I can either walk or bike to school. This will not only save me money, but subtly help my endurance. There are different routes I can take that have varying difficulties, so my body doesn't get bored. I joined a rock climbing club at school, so  I can hopefully start that up again! When I was rock climbing 2-3 times a week, I noticed the best results for my body; plus I hate "working out", so this was a great exercise choice for me. I also want to start up dance again in the winter (it didn't fit in my schedule for fall), so that will help my flexibility a bit. I need to find a BEGINNERS yoga class in my area, but until then I will be adding a stretching regime to my morning/evening routine.
Second Year-KCon13 Confirmed Cosplay: Crona Gorgon ,Kotoko AND Arrietty. Newcon12: Raven. Summer Cospaly: Ikki.

First Year-KCon12 : Haruhi Fujioka, Ryoga Hibiki