Author Topic: Getting in shape  (Read 287469 times)

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #600 on: April 04, 2012, 01:59:41 pm »
^ It depends on what's in the shakes you're talking about.  These ones have enough nutrients in them to replace a full meal easily, maybe even two.  If people have those thoughts, then they're stupid.
Sounds like an interesting idea, and I agree. Let me know if you start and how you feel after the second day.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #601 on: April 04, 2012, 02:05:20 pm »
If I do, I'll let you know.  To be honest, I'm more curious about the energy shakes than the weight loss shakes, but they sound promising, too.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #602 on: April 06, 2012, 09:01:52 am »
I'm starting exercising when I'm not working, I'm just doing a one mile Aerobics walk with some of these videos I have lying around... There is waaaay too many of them.

So far, I lost more weight, and it looks like I'll be able to reach my goal for next month!
I have a dance I'm going to and I really want to look nice, now all I need to do is learn how to walk in heels.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #603 on: April 06, 2012, 12:40:20 pm »
I've been reading about how awesome everyone is doing and one thing I noticed is the soreness comments.  Here is some interesting stuff:

I work in Medical research at OHSU and one study that my department did was to give the bikers on the Hood to Coast bike ride either koolaid (placebo) or tart cherry juice which has something in it that helps with the muscle fatigue.  

The riders found that after drinking the tart Cherry juice they were not as sore compared to the riders that got the koolaid.  Would you all like to know the brand of Tart Cherry Juice we used?  I can find out.  I'm tempted to start drinking that myself.  But I warn you IT IS TART!!  But at least you don't have to drink a lot of it for it to work.

Ok so asked one of the staff that did this study what the brand they used it is called Indian Summer Tart Montmorency Cherry Juice.  But she says that it hasn't been fully proven to work but you can read all about it on the web.

Good luck everyone, keep up the good work.  I myself lost 30 lbs last fall but sadly gained 10 back over the winter.   :-\
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:50:22 pm by Drauska »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2012, 09:18:02 pm »
Good luck everyone, keep up the good work.  I myself lost 30 lbs last fall but sadly gained 10 back over the winter.   :-\
That is still a 20 lb. loss ^^

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #605 on: April 09, 2012, 09:28:32 pm »
Checkup: I'm doing great, have lost a little weight, no more eating after 7 pm, Sunday was outside all day (bike,scooter, etc.) but really sore I shouldn't have pushed myself to hard but it's all good, will contine up again on Tuesday
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2012, 09:46:23 pm »
I lost one pound.... that I know of, I weighed in like, yesterday I think...
I had ice cream yesterday but now I'm back on track with my diet, tomorrow I am going to a friends house though, and I hope I can shuffle what we are going to eat into my meal plan.
I need to start drinking my water again, I've been drinking 2 cups of green tea though, which is good. But I need to shop for food. I'm out of quick meals.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2012, 10:05:12 pm »
I started losing weight with a trainer 3 1/2 months ago and so far I've lost 60lbs :D Still needing to lose 75lbs :)

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:11 pm »
I started losing weight with a trainer 3 1/2 months ago and so far I've lost 60lbs :D Still needing to lose 75lbs :)
........... Ohmy. Congratulations! That is waaay better than how I'm doing right now, but, wow. Keep going, thats awesome work!
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Klepto

• Cabbit
« Reply #609 on: April 10, 2012, 01:02:48 am »
Okay, I have read the first 4 pages, and I think I will jump in here. Maybe it will help with motivation.... I dunno.

Current Status: I am turning 22 next week (the 17th), I am 5'9", and I weigh the most I have ever been, fluctuating around 235/240. I'm told I don't look it, but that is because I make myself have good posture and if I am awake, I am sucking in my gut... :(

Goal: I was at 180 when I graduated high school in 2008. Since then, I have gained around 60 pounds, most of it when I moved in with my boyfriend in 2009. Even then, I was still considered overweight for my size/age. I would like to get down to 170. That means losing around 70 pounds.

Plan: So far, only plan I have is to eat healthier... which is a little difficult. I live in a studio apartment with my bf... we only have a mini fridge, and a microwave. No stove, no freezer. So we are pretty stuck with microwave dinners, canned pastas or soups, etc. Our place is tiny too, we dont have room for any exercise equipment. I work full time at a gas station, and on my days off, I work an in-home party company. When I am not working either of those, it is a Sunday, and I am involved with an NPO LARP called Amtgard. So, I dont really have time or energy for going to a gym. =\

Progress: In the last few weeks, I have been trying to slowly change my eating habits. I have been buying less chips, and instead, buying granola from the bulk food area, there are several different flavors. I have been trying to switch from drinking soda all the time to water, tea and  gatorade/powerade (this is difficult for me, as I get severe migraines if I dont get enough caffeine every day).

Offline Gralphranxi

• Oni
« Reply #610 on: April 10, 2012, 02:30:19 am »
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 12:02:07 pm by Gralphranxi »
PKMNGold(GSC):
HAT(|||||||||||||-------)
WIG(||||||||||----------)
TOP(|||||||||-----------)
BTM(--------------------)
SHO(--------------------)
BAG(--------------------)

Badges[ ]  Pokégear[ ] Lose 10 lbs[ ]

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #611 on: April 10, 2012, 06:49:12 am »
wow, way to go!!!!

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #612 on: April 10, 2012, 01:04:49 pm »
Okay, I have read the first 4 pages, and I think I will jump in here. Maybe it will help with motivation.... I dunno.

Current Status: I am turning 22 next week (the 17th), I am 5'9", and I weigh the most I have ever been, fluctuating around 235/240. I'm told I don't look it, but that is because I make myself have good posture and if I am awake, I am sucking in my gut... :(

Goal: I was at 180 when I graduated high school in 2008. Since then, I have gained around 60 pounds, most of it when I moved in with my boyfriend in 2009. Even then, I was still considered overweight for my size/age. I would like to get down to 170. That means losing around 70 pounds.

Plan: So far, only plan I have is to eat healthier... which is a little difficult. I live in a studio apartment with my bf... we only have a mini fridge, and a microwave. No stove, no freezer. So we are pretty stuck with microwave dinners, canned pastas or soups, etc. Our place is tiny too, we dont have room for any exercise equipment. I work full time at a gas station, and on my days off, I work an in-home party company. When I am not working either of those, it is a Sunday, and I am involved with an NPO LARP called Amtgard. So, I dont really have time or energy for going to a gym. =\

Progress: In the last few weeks, I have been trying to slowly change my eating habits. I have been buying less chips, and instead, buying granola from the bulk food area, there are several different flavors. I have been trying to switch from drinking soda all the time to water, tea and  gatorade/powerade (this is difficult for me, as I get severe migraines if I dont get enough caffeine every day).

Okay, since you and I are (pretty much) in the same boat, can I suggest my plan for you?

Having a microwave is all you need. You have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, after a while you won't even want to go back to old eating habits. Count your calories, look online for a counter that will tell you how many calories you should eat for the day. Sparkpeople was how my mom started out and she lost 40 pounds. I suggest using them and keep your own journal, log all of what you ate for the day.

It's a lot of work, you'll have cravings, but trust me, it works.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #613 on: April 10, 2012, 05:43:52 pm »
So since it has actually started be sunny again I decided to take that as a sign to start back up with working out, and start actually trying to lose weight again....

I was fluctuating between 127-133lbs in Fall, but during the Winter I tend to put on a bit of weight, so when I weighed myself today I was 135lbs. I'm pretty excited that I was able to keep my weight at least somewhat in check despite not exercising since Fall, but like I said I would really like to get back to losing weight and such.

Did 30 minutes of some zumba/aerobic work as a warm-up and then decided to try and go on a "run" which made me realize how out of shape I've gotten. I think I ran about 2 1/2 miles though so it wasn't too bad, I just wasn't moving anywhere as fast as I was when I was working out regularly (which means there was a lot of speed-walking taking place.)

I'm not really sure what my goal weight is... I got down to 125 during the Summer and was feeling pretty good there, but I'm 5'1'' so I know I could probably do with getting down to 115, so that would be nice.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 135lbs
NORMAL WEIGHT: 127-133lbs
"DREAM" WEIGHT: 115lbs

So lets see if I can lose another 20lbs!!!
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #614 on: April 10, 2012, 07:11:58 pm »
Hi Klepto, welcome to The Thread.  :)

Other then a better diet of more nutritious foods I would suggest to you a workout plan roughly 30 minutes 3-4 days a week.  If you don't have a lot of time, or even if you did, I think you should try for a fast paced tension and/or free weights routine.  You don't need any weights or devices but they will help more then without.  There are lots these type of programs out there.  Zumba and P80x are mentioned regularly in this thread, but many other free videos you can even watch on youtube and work out by your pc. 

Not having enough energy may be due to diet, but while you change that you can't use it as an excuse or you will get no where.  I hope our comments help you and everyone else who reads them.  ^.^

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #615 on: April 15, 2012, 01:10:43 pm »
Man I've been away from the K-con forums for too long. This thread makes me no end of happy. I've been working to get in better shape for a while and it's good to see some like minded people.

Current Status: I'm 24 and around 210ish pounds.

Goal: My "ideal body weight is between 160-170 so eventually I would like to get down in there but I doubt I'll drop 40 pounds by kumoricon. My more realistic goal is to get to about 180-190.

Plan to reach goal: Well I started doing martial arts again which is damn good work out. now that it's getting sunny out again I'm going to try to force myself to go walk/jog soon I'm thinking about starting a pretty hardcore diet too.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #616 on: April 16, 2012, 09:03:47 am »
Came down 2 lbs this last week.  Maybe by con 2013 I will be able to do my dream cosplay. :) 

Started the weekly veg plan.  Only get to eat meat on Saturday and Sundays.  This should be fun.  I'm sure by Thursday I will feel like these guys.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:09:38 am by Drauska »

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #617 on: April 19, 2012, 09:17:46 pm »
Im working hard with my trainer so that I'll get down to 150 by Kumori con :)
And since the 60lb loss I've lost 8lbs, gotta love fitness trainers <3
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:18:39 pm by shikyo »

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #618 on: April 20, 2012, 01:14:24 pm »
I've started running every other day with my dog this past week. She keeps me running since she's pretty strong and wants to run the whole time as well. I've also been using my ab circle pro, and doing squats and lunges. Mainly working on my thighs, stomach and arms right now. My stamina has gotten a bit better so far. :D
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #619 on: April 28, 2012, 08:48:08 pm »
soo...i lost alot of body fat but not weight..strange. and i can fit more into my costume..jsut a few more weeks of hard work and i'll sip that dress up all the way..thats what i get for having a sister getting my costume and not knowing my size lol.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #620 on: April 28, 2012, 10:55:04 pm »
soo...i lost alot of body fat but not weight..strange. and i can fit more into my costume..jsut a few more weeks of hard work and i'll sip that dress up all the way..thats what i get for having a sister getting my costume and not knowing my size lol.
Probably gained muscle.

I ran out and grabbed the just dance games for Wii and I've been playing those, hard but super fun. I have to buy a new food journal soon, I have only 2 days left on it, until then I'll start a spiral notebook for journaling. Haven't weighed in a while but I will next week.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #621 on: April 28, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »
hmm muscles..yes. see i taped myself in and i lost like 2.4 inches ina week in a half with all this hard training. def gonna post pics next week. cant wait to finally fit that darn maid outfit :p

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #622 on: May 08, 2012, 01:14:57 am »
So I have completed my two months of Insanity and this is what the progress looks like.

So now that I have completed Insanity, I decided to start over it again since I love it so much and included Hip Hop Abs into my routines as well. :D I have been working out every day, except for Sundays; plus, I have been watching my calorie intake as well. I am still working on toning up. So never give up on your workout! Insanity was definitely difficult to endure, but I made it and I love working out to it each day I put the disc into my dvd player. :)

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #623 on: May 08, 2012, 04:33:56 pm »
I've been playing Just Dance everyday and I have been doing a 30 day 100 crunches challenge, I started on Day 0 with 70 and actual day 1 with 100. I'm starting to actually feel my stomach working. Unfortunately I got a little bit off track with my diet, but tomorrow I'm going to go shopping to get my food and I'm just going to keep exercising. I lost about 2 pounds from when I last updated, not as much as I would like but thats what I get for not eating correctly.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #624 on: May 08, 2012, 05:10:43 pm »
OokamiYami thats great progress. It makes me want to suffer through p90x. I planed on starting up again soon. Maybe I will actually try to go through with it. You look great though. I love how much your legs grew in the last month (I am a fan of muscular thighs)

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #625 on: May 08, 2012, 05:24:47 pm »
OokamiYami thats great progress. It makes me want to suffer through p90x. I planed on starting up again soon. Maybe I will actually try to go through with it. You look great though. I love how much your legs grew in the last month (I am a fan of muscular thighs)

Thank you, Nikkiolie! :D Do try Insanity, it definitely helped me burn a lot of body fat by doing very difficult cardio workouts and it involves a lot of leg work. :3 Just be careful and be easy with yourself on the first day cause when I first started, I almost blacked out. But when you continue, you will be amazed on how much your strength, endurance, etc, increases, :) If you want to aim for getting muscle buildup, get P90X. Insanity is more based on cardio and fat burning.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #626 on: May 08, 2012, 05:28:11 pm »
Well I don't have any money to spend but I already have p90x. I do want to try to get abs by Feb. It looks like insanity worked really well for you though. Congrats.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #627 on: May 08, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »
I need to get in shape so I plan to use my kinect for good use this summer !
Just Dance 3 ;o .. also cutting out soda and unneeded sugar to start off.
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline AcidicSloan

• Oni
    • My Youtube
« Reply #628 on: May 10, 2012, 10:39:54 am »
I'm Sloan, 16, 5' 3" and 172 pounds. I've been gaining rapidly from a medical condition we just found and treated. I cant wait to get back down to the 120-140 area!
I'd like to hopefully lose 20 pounds by Kumoricon and 50 by next Sakuracon..
I am going to start going to the gym as soon as I can afford a membership, but until then I'll start watching my calories and playing a little wii fit every day ^^

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #629 on: May 10, 2012, 02:24:42 pm »
Awesome job kamiyami~  You can definitely see improvements!  Though only on your body, I can't say the same about the room..  :D  Keep up the great work, and I hope this shows other people on this thread and forum what you can do even if you are already at a fairly good weight to start.  Anyone else using an intense workout program will see see even bigger results!

ps: your brown is fading/growing out :(   

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #630 on: May 11, 2012, 09:17:56 pm »
Where did you get this insanity workout thing?  It looks like it worked amazing for you!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #631 on: May 11, 2012, 10:56:18 pm »
My cousin gave me the website for it. :)

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #632 on: May 13, 2012, 12:24:05 am »
Ordered a bathing suit and I'm going to start swimming twice a week once its here. Going on my second week of doing crunches everyday, up to 130 instead of 100, its getting way easier now. I'm going to take my bike outside now that we found the key to our gate, and I'll start riding it in the mornings and evenings.
Haven't weighed, but I will at the end of the week.
I'm also going on a detox diet this week. It'll be hard but hopefully my stomach will stop being all messed up.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #633 on: May 13, 2012, 07:12:12 am »
I'm Sloan, 16, 5' 3" and 172 pounds. I've been gaining rapidly from a medical condition we just found and treated. I cant wait to get back down to the 120-140 area!
I'd like to hopefully lose 20 pounds by Kumoricon and 50 by next Sakuracon..
I am going to start going to the gym as soon as I can afford a membership, but until then I'll start watching my calories and playing a little wii fit every day ^^

Thyroid?

Offline Nova Detox

• Oni
« Reply #634 on: May 13, 2012, 03:56:53 pm »
Current Status: I'm 20, 245lb right now and 5'7" wide shoulder and hips. I just have a stomach from having a baby.
I can still feel my hip and collor bone and my upper ribs.

Goal: Drop to 225-230lbs in the next three months. Also get some mucle tone/flexiability back.

Plan: Walking, swimming, and the almighty work out of Dance Dance revolution.

Donna start a DDR group soon for those who would liek a fun way to work out.
Playing DDR you WILL break a sweat. XD

K-con 2012: Nova Detox in otaku garb! >:3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #635 on: May 13, 2012, 05:59:20 pm »
I started p90x today. I also got some before pictures. I'm hoping to actually stick with it this time. I have a bit more motivation than I did last time so I think I will be able to.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #636 on: May 14, 2012, 12:39:25 am »
I started p90x today. I also got some before pictures. I'm hoping to actually stick with it this time. I have a bit more motivation than I did last time so I think I will be able to.

Yay! I am cheering you on! Can't wait to see your results! :D

I am planning to get ChaLEAN Extreme workout dvds so I can gain some muscles. I hope to start on that soon. :)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #637 on: May 14, 2012, 12:10:44 pm »
I'm going back to job corps to finish it out June 9th.
Going to be riding my bike for an hour a day everyday till then.

Then I'll have a PE class were I can do whatever I want for an hour,
and the girls dorm has an eliptical machine in the living room.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #638 on: May 18, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »
Current Status: I'm going to be 15 at Kumoricon, I'm 5'7", and I weigh a whopping 200 lbs o_O;

Goal: Lose at least 20 lbs by August when I order my dress (I'll be cosplaying Mio from K-ON with her black dress she wears during 'Don't Say Lazy.')

Plan to reach goal: I plan to workout at least once a weekend (for about an hour) and during the weekdays, go walking for at least 40 minutes, eat more healthier (but keep the average portion, so I don't lose energy), and be more active rather than sitting at the computer lazily all day ^_^;
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #639 on: June 05, 2012, 05:31:21 pm »
I'm half way done with my third week of p90x. Next Saturday will be the end of the first month and I will get some progres shots. I'm not sure if I really lost any weight, maybe a little. I do see a difference in my stomach and arms.

Right now the hardest part is my diet. Its hard not to eat the fat food and all and to avoid the bad stuff and only eat the good stuff but that isn't the hardest at all. The hardest part is that the first potion of my diet needs 50% of my calories from protein, 30% from carbs, and 20% from fat. With so much protein I am full a lot. Its hard to eat the planned stuff. Like take tonight for example. Its 5:30, I have half of my tuna salad to eat, a whole chicken breast, 8 oz of my protein shake, and 6 eggs whites. And if I don't eat that stuff it throws off my percents and I wont get enough calories for the day. I only have to follow this diet for a few weeks then I can go to 40% carbs and 40% protein.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #640 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:20 pm »
My current goal right now is to fix my diet, which currently as of now I am reducing my intake of carbohydrates, eat more vegetables and fruits, consume a medium intake of meat, eat lesser fattening foods, and also avoid anything that has high fructose corn syrup (like juice). I am still working out four to five times a week to Insanity and hoping that changing my diet will give me the results I'm looking for. :) So far, my upper body and upper abs are getting some muscle definition. Now I am continuing to work harder so my lower abdomen, hips, glutes, and thighs will become leaner. 

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #641 on: June 30, 2012, 11:14:49 pm »
Im working hard with my trainer so that I'll get down to 150 by Kumori con :)
And since the 60lb loss I've lost 8lbs, gotta love fitness trainers <3

Since this I've lost a total of 91lbs and 118.5'' :)

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #642 on: July 01, 2012, 12:03:51 am »
Holy crap... as of today I weigh 206 pounds which is probably the lowest I've been since high school. Generally I sit right around 220 so this has been a pretty significant improvement for me.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #643 on: July 01, 2012, 06:48:22 pm »
So I haven't weighed in a long time but I know I've been losing a bit, I was walking a lot and I would swim twice a week but this passed week I ended up getting really sick. So once I feel better I'm back to exercising and stuff, still eating right! But now I'm sleeping too much thanks to being sick, so, thank goodness its not after I eat though.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #644 on: July 01, 2012, 11:09:30 pm »
I need to start lifting on a regular schedule again.  :(  Must find more over the top action anime I can work out too...

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #645 on: July 04, 2012, 12:08:57 pm »
Just finished day 2 of my new workout schedule. I don't have a weight goal, but I want to have a flat stomach by Kumoricon. Hopefully sooner because as a reward for reaching my goal (when I do), I'm getting a tattoo.

Yesterday's workout was treadmill (mix of walk and run) for 35 minutes, then weights for 15.

And today's was 10 minutes on the treadmill with a slight incline and ankle weights, speed walking for 10 more with a 10% incline, then abs for 15 minutes.

As for the diet. Its not going so great. But I think it'll be fine as long as I don't eat excessive sweets.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #646 on: July 05, 2012, 11:57:04 pm »
Status: Age 22, height 5'7", weighs between 140 lbs and 145 lbs.

Goal: To weigh 130 lbs. I used to...I gained 5 lbs lately and other pounds just crept up on me over time...I also want to fit back into a size 8 pants size; I'm now a size 10, and some of my cosplays don't fit me very easily as I am now.

Plan: Five-minute nonstop stair exercises daily to work my legs, which I'm most self-conscious about. Two sets of 20 sit-ups daily to trim the tummy, my other self-conscious body part. Also, 20 lunges per leg daily.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:14:22 am by sk_chan »
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #647 on: July 06, 2012, 02:56:04 pm »
Been working hard at loosing the fat.  doing a lot of walking lately but most ppl I know say it will take a few weeks before the lbs shed since I'm gaining muscle.  Obviously I won't get down to the ideal weight before this years con but I'm hoping to be down far enough for 2013 to cosplay Deunan Knute in her full tactical gear.  gonna try walking home from work today which is 2.5 miles.  wish me luck.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #648 on: July 07, 2012, 10:05:43 pm »
Been making my mother mad by losing weight without trying.

Eating less in the day, eating my meals earlier before bed. Walking more during the day, going to go swimming again next week now that me, my friend, and her mother are feeling better. I'm going to start working out again though, I miss having muscles.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #649 on: July 08, 2012, 02:48:37 pm »
Peri-menopause / menopause SUCKS!!!
Been stuck at 25lbs overweight and no matter how much I diet and / or exercise the %*$%#$!@#&* weight will NOT come off.   grrrrrr.

The only "saving grace" I can find is that while cleaning out some old documents I found a chart showing my measurements from back in my college days, and they were similar numbers (actually waist is smaller by 1"). w00t!  I am hoping that eventually things will settle down and my insane hormones will let me shed the excess pounds. The only saving grace is that despite being hefty, I still can boast the 10" difference between waist and hips. Just imagine what I'd look like were I able to take off the weight. Dye the hair to hide the grey, and I bet I could confuddle various people into thinking I was half my age...  ;D

At Orycon (Nov 2011), someone commented that the costume I was wearing looked "huge" on me - this was my Honor Harrington costume which is about 12 years old now...and the person who made the comment has known me since about 1997, so she knows that at one time it was exactly my size... siiiiigh....

I think gravity has increased. Yup. It's either that or scales LIE.