Author Topic: Getting in shape  (Read 287474 times)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2012, 02:37:20 pm »
height: 5'3"
weight: 145 ish

goal: fit back into my old costume that fit a year or so ago (lose excess tummy fat & thigh fat)

eating healthy-er and starting a cardio-ish work out goal with a friend doing the same thing to keep me on track

...curse you girl scouts and your yummy cookies.... just sayin
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #551 on: February 19, 2012, 02:41:42 pm »

goal: fit back into my old costume that fit a year or so ago (lose excess tummy fat & thigh fat)

eating healthy-er and starting a cardio-ish work out goal with a friend doing the same thing to keep me on track

heh do tummy exersized to ^^ to harder the mucel up

Offline Yuri the Hatter

• Cabbit
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »

Hehe the girl Scout Cookies are evil but yet so yummy along with oreos D: but tummy and thigh exercises does wonders if you can work it off. ;.; just horrible that all my fat goes to meh hips.
Yuri the hatter :3

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:47 pm »
Lost two lbs this week, which is right on track for my goal weight by the time i hit kcon  ;D
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #554 on: February 21, 2012, 03:13:03 pm »
Lost two lbs this week, which is right on track for my goal weight by the time i hit kcon  ;D

Thats awesome! :)

I lost a pound and moved up in my weights in my work out and also increased the number of sets. :)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #555 on: February 21, 2012, 04:25:41 pm »
okay so heres the change in my change after loseing a total of 40lb I was 220lb in my frist photo
I am 180lb in the second

- me at 220
me at 180
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:25:58 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline Yuri the Hatter

• Cabbit
« Reply #556 on: February 21, 2012, 06:38:51 pm »
You look great :3
Yuri the hatter :3

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #557 on: February 21, 2012, 08:23:25 pm »
yupp im sooo proude of myself

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #558 on: February 24, 2012, 05:49:13 pm »
This is my fifth day of my Insanity workout and it is working WONDERFUL. :D My whole entire body is sore and it's definitely making me sweat a lot!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #559 on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:09 pm »
This is my fifth day of my Insanity workout and it is working WONDERFUL. :D My whole entire body is sore and it's definitely making me sweat a lot!

warm bath with some bath salt and relaxing candles should do the tick

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #560 on: February 25, 2012, 01:06:53 am »

warm bath with some bath salt and relaxing candles should do the tick

Thank you for the tip! :3

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2012, 05:03:04 pm »
I went down a pants size :3

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2012, 07:19:57 pm »
A lot of younger people think that the little flab they have on their arms, butt, tummy, thigh or anywhere else make them fat.  Please understand that you probably are not fat. Instead, you have no muscle so everything seems flabby, and you probably don't do much energetic activities.  To get rid of these areas (my stomach is my bad spot) you should probably gain muscle mass instead of lose "weight" in these areas.  Exercise in any for is going to give you more muscle, the muscle is going to use up more carbs and give you a better, firmer, body shape. 

If you are one of those people who think you are a little too chub in a few spots, PLEASE get up and start moving and you will see results.  >^.^<

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #563 on: February 27, 2012, 06:08:20 pm »
A lot of younger people think that the little flab they have on their arms, butt, tummy, thigh or anywhere else make them fat.  Please understand that you probably are not fat. Instead, you have no muscle so everything seems flabby, and you probably don't do much energetic activities.  To get rid of these areas (my stomach is my bad spot) you should probably gain muscle mass instead of lose "weight" in these areas.  Exercise in any for is going to give you more muscle, the muscle is going to use up more carbs and give you a better, firmer, body shape. 

If you are one of those people who think you are a little too chub in a few spots, PLEASE get up and start moving and you will see results.  >^.^<

Agreed :3 Since I started going to the gym and getting stronger and improving my stamina the scale says I've gained 3 pounds but I went down a pants size and all of my clothes are a lot looser.

Offline kittyhumaniod

• Cabbit
« Reply #564 on: February 27, 2012, 06:39:50 pm »
I don't mind my weight, its just all my fat forms all around my mid-stomach and gives me the aperance of being a month pregnet.  I'm ok with chub; not ok with people giving me the, "I'm sooo disipointed with today's youth" look.   

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #565 on: February 27, 2012, 08:45:19 pm »
I agree with camname21. Do get up and start working out. Do not lose hope. Always motivate yourself if you seriously want a firm and slim toned body. :)

So this is my second week of Insanity and found out that my size 5 skinny jeans are getting a tad looser on me and also found that I lost two pounds. :D I'm so excited!

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #566 on: February 29, 2012, 03:42:59 am »
Today I am going to start my workout/be healthy "plan".  I have a real hard time drinking water because half the time when I drink it i get kinda queasy, unless its bottled water.  So i am going to drink a bottle a day!  I usually drink like a few sips of water a day when brushing teeth, so this is a huge step up for me.  I am also going to work out using the Kinect and I'm looking at this P90X you guys were talking about.  Mostly what I'm trying to accomplish is to tone my stomach, butt, thighs, and biceps.  I am also hoping that excersize will help my sleep schedule, which I can only seem to keep normal for a week or two.  I also hope it will help my motivation with school, cause I get really anxious going and end up failing classes :c  The only problem now will be sticking to it!  I only have a month before Sakuracon, so wish me luck!

Stats:
26 years old
approx. 135lbs
approx. 5'5.5" tall
34c (I'd like this not to change cause I don't want to buy new bras XD)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #567 on: February 29, 2012, 10:40:22 am »
Don't over do it. You are taller than I am and weigh the same. if you are looking at doing p90x don't start with it. Start working out slowly then about a month or so you can try it. I started with it after not working out for a while and I was so sore.

Also there is no such thing as spot reduction. Doing sit ups wont make your stomach leaner. The only way to do that is by burning fat off and that is either cardio or a combination of cardio and resistance training. All that weights, pushups, sit ups, ect will do is build muscle under the fat making you actually look bigger than you are.

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #568 on: February 29, 2012, 03:12:09 pm »
Yeah, I'm not like focusing on certain spots, but those are what I'm hoping will improve :P  I started today and just did about an hour of dance central 2, and then some DDR.  I just need to stick with doing something every day and I should be good :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #569 on: February 29, 2012, 03:39:32 pm »
Yup that should help out.

I have been terrible lately. I have stoped focusing on what I eat and yesterday I noticed that no matter how much I eat I never feel stuffed like I used to. I know it isn't good to get to the stuffed point but still. I ate so much yesterday and I never got there. I didn't feel hungry either most of the day so that is a good thing.

I have gone up three pounds so I am starting to focus on my diet again. Going back to 20% of calories from fat, 30% protien, and 50% carbs. I plan on eating about 1500 calories per day and working out each day. I tend to burn about 2500 calories each day. I'll see how that goes for a while. I may have to bump the calories I eat up to 2000.

I want to go to Katsucon in Feb next year and the costume that I want to wear has a six pack. I would like to have one myself but if needed I may just use makeup. I'm at 21% body fat now and I would like to get down to about 18 or 19% so that would put me at about 105-115 pounds. Thats 20-30 pounds in a year. I think I can do it!

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #570 on: February 29, 2012, 10:12:37 pm »
So this is my second week of Insanity and found out that my size 5 skinny jeans are getting a tad looser on me and also found that I lost two pounds. :D I'm so excited!
Lets see a picture ^.~

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #571 on: March 01, 2012, 01:52:39 am »
Lets see a picture ^.~

Lol, I'm planning to post up pictures like after one month to show some progress. I heard the second month is much more difficult and intense, meaning more changes to the physique~ :D

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #572 on: March 03, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »
Alright!  Looking forward to some progress :)

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #573 on: March 21, 2012, 02:57:04 am »

So this is my Month 1 progress. I am currently on my Recovery Week of Insanity and next week will be the start of my Month 2 workout, which will be much more intense than the Month 1 routines. :)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #574 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:40 pm »
holy crap! Congrats. You look great! It makes my progress look like nothing :(

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #575 on: March 21, 2012, 04:39:05 pm »
Looks good Yami, you can definitely see progress.  /Hugs  ^.^

Edit: Now to see a progress shot for cleaning your room.  XD
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:40:25 pm by camname21 »

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #576 on: March 21, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »
Thank you, both of you. :) You just have to work really hard and have lots of determination. xD;

And yes, I need to clean my room. xD;;

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #577 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:13 am »
went to the Doctors the other day and he is very impressed ^^ from to 210 to 195 to 180 and finally at 178

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #578 on: March 22, 2012, 07:40:04 am »
Congrats to both of you^^^^

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #579 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:14 am »
I'm 16, 17 in july. I'm 5'5"-5"6. My weight... Too much xD
Thus far, I'm on my third week of a metabolism boosting plan, and I've lost 6 pounds. 5 out of 7 days a week I have to eat 1200-1300 calories, 1400-1600 if I exercise and I have one day off, but usually I take two :-X I exercise 3 days a week(20-30 minutes on stationary bike+ light weights), soon to increase it.
(This is all thanks to not eating breakfast in elementary and middle school)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:45:22 am by Kumi4eva »
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #580 on: March 23, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »
Working on losing weight once more.  :P Fortunately the thing that usually caused me to mess up and give up before was lack of planning, but now I have this! http://www.thefatlossauthority.com/calorie-count/ It gives pretty good info on a variety of foods as well as their individual nutritional benefits. Planning my menu for the next two weeks and then its off to the store!  :D
Secrety secrets!

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #581 on: March 23, 2012, 08:06:19 pm »
hay silly question for everyone do any of u work out in a gym and would u like to work out with me i feel kind of embarrassed working out by my self

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #582 on: March 23, 2012, 11:45:41 pm »
hay silly question for everyone do any of u work out in a gym and would u like to work out with me i feel kind of embarrassed working out by my self
I used to, but I find its much easier to work out at your own home. If you really want to use the gym, I suggest you go with a family member or a close friend. You'll be more comfortable and I suggest you pick a gym where they have some strict rules. Gyms like anytime fitness, where they have you wipe down the machines after use, and they have a thing where you don't have to deal with obnoxious body builder types who love staring at their muscles and grunting. They have a "MUST BE QUIET" rule.
But anytime fitness does cost a lot. But a gym like it should be sufficient.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #583 on: March 24, 2012, 01:20:26 am »
Just to let you all know, it's not always about losing weight (unless a physician says you are overweight and ask for you to exercise and eat healthy) but rather toning up your body. I used to be 123 lbs but saw an increase to 125 lbs due to me gaining much more muscle and burning away my body fat in my Insanity workout. I am 5'4" as well, so I'm in the range of a healthy weight for my height. I do not really care about losing weight but rather have my body to be firm and toned. :)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #584 on: March 24, 2012, 06:13:38 pm »
mucels weighs more then fat ! rember that ^^ -flexes

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #585 on: March 27, 2012, 01:21:15 am »
Did 86 minutes of the month two of Insanity: Fit Test & Max Interval Circuit combined. I am so exhausted and tired. T_T

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #586 on: March 27, 2012, 01:06:42 pm »
I would be too.

I had skipped out on my exercises last week but I'm back to it this week, I also went shopping yesterday and now I have more options for my food! Don't know if I've lost anything yet, I forgot to weigh on saturday so I'll do it at the end of this week.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #587 on: March 27, 2012, 01:45:56 pm »
Going to start playing 'Just Dance' on the wii with a couple friends of mine to help me with PE credit :)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #588 on: March 29, 2012, 11:20:45 am »
I lost another pound. I am down from 135 to 133 8D At this rate I will actually be where I planed on being by con :P

Offline BlackHat

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #589 on: April 01, 2012, 09:00:57 pm »
Current Stats: 17 years old, 5'3" at 140 lbs, I have no waist definition and a bit of pudge hanging about.
Goals: 105 lbs by the con, or at the very least waist definition, and looking very in shape.
Method: Portion control and working out. I've been dancing after school, and have lost 10 lbs in the past 5 weeks. By changing my diet and adding running to that schedule, I hope to speed up that process just a little.

Hi! I'm Sarah! Hoping I won't be bothering anyone, working alongside you guys!
Currently working on: Rose Lalonde
No set day order yet for Kumoricon, but tentative cosplay is:
fem!Scout, Rose, Quote
Always open for reworking. Only issues I'm concerned about is Quote's gun and fem!Scout's gun; Never worked with props.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #590 on: April 02, 2012, 10:40:28 am »
Welcome, Sarah  ;)
I would suggest you add some weight lifting, since running isn't the best for trying to lose weight.

I found out that I've lost 10 pounds so far, even with work changing up my schedule, I'm just watching what I'm eating for now, next week I'm going to get back to exercising since I'm adjusted to work.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #591 on: April 02, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »
Current Status: 13 years old, 4'9" (made a mistake on my height) at about 110 lbs, Stomach could use definition and want to stay in shape
Goals: I want to weigh 100 lbs and be more defined by Con
Method: Cut back on sugar (I eat quite a bit  and should stop) and run, strecthes, and just dance

Going as smaller character (perfect for my height!) and need to look it, my eating habits aren't the best so this should help! I'll weigh in every week if possible.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:25:31 pm by 4evaRyuk »
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #592 on: April 02, 2012, 10:04:31 pm »
Current Status: 13 years old, 5' at about 110 lbs, Stomach could use definition and want to stay in shape
Method: Cut back on sugar (I eat quite a bit  and should stop) and run, strecthes, and just dance

Going as smaller character (perfect for my height!) and need to look it, my eating habits aren't the best so this should help! I'll weigh in every week if possible.
Make sure not to over do it, your weight right now is pretty good, I would focus more on toning. Yes I would say cut back a bit on sugar and eat more healthy foods but if right now your motabolism can burn it, there really isn't much need for improvement. But I think just overall toning is a good idea, and those small exercises you plan seem good, though as I said before, running isn't really best for complete weight loss, its a good hobby but I would add some sit ups or something extra, just for upper body.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #593 on: April 02, 2012, 11:30:21 pm »
Current Status: 13 years old, 5' at about 110 lbs, Stomach could use definition and want to stay in shape
Method: Cut back on sugar (I eat quite a bit  and should stop) and run, strecthes, and just dance

13 years old? Wow, you are truly young. xD For your plan, add something that can also work on your muscles. Cardio workouts burn fat, but you also need the muscle to help with the process. Muscles need energy and it can do that by converting fat to energy. So do definitely find some workout routines that can work on your muscles as well. Push-ups is a good one and low plank can help with your core muscles. Plus make sure when you exercise, KEEP YOUR CORE MUSCLES TIGHT AT ALL TIMES (also known as suck in your stomach). That will help you get some abs. :)

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #594 on: April 03, 2012, 08:06:36 am »

Make sure not to over do it, your weight right now is pretty good, I would focus more on toning. Yes I would say cut back a bit on sugar and eat more healthy foods but if right now your motabolism can burn it, there really isn't much need for improvement. But I think just overall toning is a good idea, and those small exercises you plan seem good, though as I said before, running isn't really best for complete weight loss, its a good hobby but I would add some sit ups or something extra, just for upper body.
Alright, I'm beginning tonight so I'll make to add those in!
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline BlackHat

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #595 on: April 04, 2012, 06:45:52 am »
Today is my first day of working out in a gym, haha.
I'll definitely take what you said, Kumi! Everything I was taught in health sort of flew out of my head, sadly.
However, something that bothers me is how muscular my calves are right now. When I flex, there's hardly a bit of fat on them even when I smack it, absolutely hard as a rock and HUGE. Would it be okay to skip that? Are there any exercises for (lol) slimming muscle? Apart from a little chub, that's my main "Aaaaaaa don't look at my leggsssss!!!"
Currently working on: Rose Lalonde
No set day order yet for Kumoricon, but tentative cosplay is:
fem!Scout, Rose, Quote
Always open for reworking. Only issues I'm concerned about is Quote's gun and fem!Scout's gun; Never worked with props.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #596 on: April 04, 2012, 11:24:59 am »
Today is my first day of working out in a gym, haha.
I'll definitely take what you said, Kumi! Everything I was taught in health sort of flew out of my head, sadly.
However, something that bothers me is how muscular my calves are right now. When I flex, there's hardly a bit of fat on them even when I smack it, absolutely hard as a rock and HUGE. Would it be okay to skip that? Are there any exercises for (lol) slimming muscle? Apart from a little chub, that's my main "Aaaaaaa don't look at my leggsssss!!!"
Just make sure to stretch when done exercising so your muscles will be leaner and longer. I do suggest you keep an exercise in for your legs, like a bike or something but in order to keep it from being one huge hunk of muscle, stretching works pretty good.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #597 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:46 pm »
Well, for Sakuracon, I still have a gut.  I still have my back brace that works very well for hiding it, but I'm hoping to not need it come Kumori-con.  My mother and many friends and associates from my synagogue have recently gotten into some replace-a-meal shake program thing; my mom lost 6 points in 4 days.  I think it's worth at least looking into...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #598 on: April 04, 2012, 01:05:10 pm »
Well, for Sakuracon, I still have a gut.  I still have my back brace that works very well for hiding it, but I'm hoping to not need it come Kumori-con.  My mother and many friends and associates from my synagogue have recently gotten into some replace-a-meal shake program thing; my mom lost 6 points in 4 days.  I think it's worth at least looking into...
If it works for her, then it might work for you, but remember that if you replace one meal with that shake, you have to keep a good diet for the rest of your meals, many times I have heard stories of some people that have tried that but have thought, "It will work so I'll just eat whatever I want for the rest of the day!" But in truth, that just makes it worse.
I have tried that before, at the time I could not keep with the shakes, but it does work for a little while.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #599 on: April 04, 2012, 01:53:00 pm »
^ It depends on what's in the shakes you're talking about.  These ones have enough nutrients in them to replace a full meal easily, maybe even two.  If people have those thoughts, then they're stupid.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh