Author Topic: Getting in shape  (Read 287512 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Getting in shape for 2011
« Reply #500 on: August 10, 2011, 02:00:26 am »
Kitty I get mine from GNC but you can get it at any store like kmart or fred meyer.

Jill thats great work

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #501 on: August 10, 2011, 02:06:06 am »
Thanks, it was really rewarding : ) (not in the loss of weight btw, but like in the awesome villagers and great experience)

did spur a desire for mountain hiking and weight lifting which is proving good for my body.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline jianna

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #502 on: August 10, 2011, 10:21:13 am »
@Jianna: Is there any specific place to get protein powder, or is it just available anywhere? I've had issues not getting enough protein in my diet, though I have been eating a lot more eggs than I used to, as well as canned tuna fish. Though getting a sufficient amount of protein daily is really difficult and I tend to lose motivation. :<

What nikkiolie said, and I'd also add that Trader Joes carries their own brand of it as well.

Current Planned Cosplays: Stomp The Enemy, Chinchirorin Kaiji, Kyrie Ushiromiya, Lat Miku

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #503 on: August 10, 2011, 01:29:27 pm »
I buy mine from www.trueprotein.com

I usually order the Whey Protein Concentrate plain, no additives.  I use this immediately after a workout.

I will also use Milk Protein Isolate (plain) and Calcium Caseinate (plain) sometimes.  But that's sort of a meal replacement thing. 

I take a couple scoops of whey protein every day, regardless of whether I worked out. ^^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #504 on: August 11, 2011, 06:28:24 am »
I use mine as a meal replacement a lot. Two scoops and 16 oz of milk is really filling. Though something I am interested in trying some time is the powder slimfast. A friend at work had the vanilla and blended it with a banana and it was sooooooo goood.

On the workout side, my new cosplay (that I am keeping a secret just in case it doesn't happen) is pretty revealing so I need to workout extra hard so I don't look bad in it. So far so good. It also requires me to use the lotion that makes you tan. So I will be skinnier and tan ;D

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #505 on: August 15, 2011, 08:33:10 pm »
The other day I got my leotard for Raven and it was too small, so wearing that was definitely a wakeup call.

Today I told myself I'd work out, but I didn't want to do the elliptical, so instead I decided to try to teach myself this dance. It was a great workout but I made barely any practice, so my goal is to have it down by Kumoricon! It's way more fun than doing the elliptical.

And then afterwards I did some weights and situps to this song and felt like a badass.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #506 on: August 21, 2011, 01:39:40 am »
Must. Lose. Last. Bit. Of. Weight. Con is so close and I want to make sure I do it in a safe way. If I can just get my waist down to 26 inches and my stomach down to 32 inches I will be happy (an inch for both). I worked out for 2 and a half hours yesterday and I am planing on doing the same for today (already did 50 minutes, I may do my 15 minutes of squats soon).

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #507 on: August 26, 2011, 11:27:00 am »
Lost 4 more lbs this week.  22 altogether.  Perhaps I will be able to do my dream cosplay next year.  Deunan Knute from appleseed.  ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #508 on: August 28, 2011, 02:52:36 am »
Alright I just finished my final diet plan and workout plan. Its a little bit of a fast (I made sure to make it healthy and will be getting all the vitamins and nutrients I need as well as enough calories to keep me healthy), and a simple workout plan. I was still at 133 yesterday but I have been eating really poorly the past few days and I haven't worked out in a while so I need to stay focused. There is only five more days until the con and I know I can lose one or two more pounds, and maybe even the inch off my waist and stomach like I wanted.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #509 on: August 30, 2011, 08:40:34 pm »
THIS. This is my ideal diet.

Team Koga

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #510 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44:15 pm »
THIS. This is my ideal diet.

I NEED THIS. *o*

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #511 on: January 21, 2012, 04:18:41 pm »
Hey guys I m doing a plus size cosplay pannel and we will be talking about diets and other things i would really love to get those who want to joine to come to my meeting. I would love help speaking of diets and stuff we can tell the aduiance who will be at the pannel if it is passed. the link for the infomation is below -bows- thank you guys and bTW LOST 10lb ! im close to my goal 30lb to go

http://www.facebook.com/events/219751714780158/

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #512 on: January 22, 2012, 09:03:40 am »
I'll be honest: diets DON'T work for me (unless I have someone doing it with me) I don't have enough discipline for it. However something that has worked and I've 7 inches and dropped 20lbs in four months is SWIMMING. I'm on swim team, and of course it's pretty intense, but you don't even have to e on a team to work out. Also something that helped me loose the lbs (I gained muscle in place of fat, but lost 7 inches off my waist), was a liquid diet for four days. Mind you this was not intentional, nor do I have an eating disorder. I have Crohns disease, and I had to have tests done so I had to be on a liquid diet for a few days. Stuff like Popsicles, broth/bouillon, Gatorade, and jello were things I ate and lost some lbs. Now I'm not saying go out and do this, its not a healthy way to loose weight, but because of my disease I can't eat "bad foods" anymore. I'm not allowed to eat wheat, or anything with wheat in it. This alone is healthy for not just people with bad insides, but just overall. Ine thing I an guarantee is that you will feel better and look better just by avoiding wheat. There are options, of course I've eaten the same thing for dinner for the past week, but it's not all that bad. Chicken breast, a mashed sweet potato, and some green beans is a meal that's really great, and healthy. Also "ryvita" sesame crackers with cream cheese on it is amazingly delicious. And I'm not trying to say I'm the healthiest eater out there, but instead of buying a bag of chips, buy a bar of dark chocolate. I've been without wheat and "toxic foods" for two weeks, ad my symptoms are gone.

oh my god, I sound like my nutritionist.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #513 on: January 22, 2012, 03:20:02 pm »
The SCALE says I haven't lost weight, but my measurements say I did (and old costumes looking loose / baggy on me rather than being tight say I did, too). Since muscle weighs more than fat, that explains the lack of change in what the scale say. I work out 30 min/day on the Nordic Trak Mon-Fri and try to go for long walks whenever I can make the time to do so.  It's still annoying that the scale doesn't show progress, but as long as my Bust-Waist-Hips are smaller than they were, I call it a "win".  Hopefully the scale will budge soon.....

(rule: always weigh yourself at same time of day - I prefer first thing in the morning before breakfast since that's when I'm at my "lightest". In late afternoon, I have "weight gain" from what I've consumed during the day, and that all "disappears" as I digest overnight)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:22 am »
I'll be honest: diets DON'T work for me (unless I have someone doing it with me) I don't have enough discipline for it. However something that has worked and I've 7 inches and dropped 20lbs in four months is SWIMMING. I'm on swim team, and of course it's pretty intense, but you don't even have to e on a team to work out. Also something that helped me loose the lbs (I gained muscle in place of fat, but lost 7 inches off my waist), was a liquid diet for four days. Mind you this was not intentional, nor do I have an eating disorder. I have Crohns disease, and I had to have tests done so I had to be on a liquid diet for a few days. Stuff like Popsicles, broth/bouillon, Gatorade, and jello were things I ate and lost some lbs. Now I'm not saying go out and do this, its not a healthy way to loose weight, but because of my disease I can't eat "bad foods" anymore. I'm not allowed to eat wheat, or anything with wheat in it. This alone is healthy for not just people with bad insides, but just overall. Ine thing I an guarantee is that you will feel better and look better just by avoiding wheat. There are options, of course I've eaten the same thing for dinner for the past week, but it's not all that bad. Chicken breast, a mashed sweet potato, and some green beans is a meal that's really great, and healthy. Also "ryvita" sesame crackers with cream cheese on it is amazingly delicious. And I'm not trying to say I'm the healthiest eater out there, but instead of buying a bag of chips, buy a bar of dark chocolate. I've been without wheat and "toxic foods" for two weeks, ad my symptoms are gone.

oh my god, I sound like my nutritionist.

i actually went on a similar diet as you when i had my ulcer. i still somewhat keep that diet, i try to cut out wheat from my diet, i eat/drink less dairy, i don't even eat red meat (since digest it).

but my naturalist doctor told me to go on this aloe Vera, liquid diet, etc for a few days, and avoid eating all sorts of wheat, and milk, fried food, caffeine, sugar (any type of sugar, so only naturally sweetened things), and after 1 month I lost 10lbs, and trimmed my upper abdomen.

I used to feel so bloated and so full all the time, and now I feel less bloated around my upper waist, and below my breasts. It's such a great feeling! Now i'm trying hard to lose more fat, and tone my muscles, so that way I can fit into my cosplays better and of course feel great as well :3

@runa: that sounds so awesome! that just makes me really hopefully (i've been following this thread for a while) about my trimming down :)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2012, 06:37:46 am »
I live off carbs and drinking milk and water all the time. I don't know if I'd be able to do a diet... But I did cut out eating pizza and mac & cheese about eight years ago and my thighs shrank considerably in their diameter.
I just recently got my hands on Just Dance 3 for the Wii and I've been playing that. I doesn't have many songs I like though- so far found 3 I actually even knew. It's better than DDR right now cause I don't have to jump and bother the people below me.

I'm dealing with stress of lower abs being pudgy and not going away x.x GAH And the normal crunches I can't do cause my scoliosis. I have no idea how to work these muscles. Any thoughts?
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2012, 04:02:23 pm »
LOL yes! i JUST played that a few minutes ago XDDD oh GOSH i never smelled so bad XDDDD

i love take on me though -w- i always have to play first XD

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #517 on: February 02, 2012, 10:35:21 am »
So I've been working to loose some weight now for a while (with some good progress) but I find that my biggest challenge is motivating myself to exercise regularly. I found a website a while ago called Fitocracy.

It bring RPG mechanics to my exercise helping to motivate me. Basically after you do any exercise you log it on the website and you get experience for it. With experience you level up. you can even complete quests by preforming certain exercises so it help my to vary my work out too.

It's still in beta so there are a lot of planned features not yet implemented and you can't join right away you have to sign up for an invite or be invited by a user.

If any one else is interested let me know and I'll send you an invite. A large part of this is social (seeing what your other people are doing competing in groups etc.) so the more people the better. if we get enough people I'll make a group for Kumoricon too. I do only have 10 invites and I'm posting this same thing on my facebook so I may not be able send invites to every one but the people I invite should be able to invite others.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #518 on: February 10, 2012, 05:03:26 am »
I haven't been doing many exercises since my classes keep me busy... But I did do some of my odissi strengthening exercises, vocal cooldown exercise, and.... Shinra squats (from FF7Crisis Core). I'm completely tuckered out and can't feel the pain in my back any more really. And my thighs feel like jelly. x.x; Hopefully the odissi ones don't make my back hurt like hell tomorrow.
Kumori'15

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
Losing Weight......For Kumoricon!
« Reply #519 on: February 11, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »
I've decided to lose weight. Why? because kumoricon is coming, and I wanna look awsome in my cosplay. I can't seem to get motivated when it comes to losing weight for the sake of getting healthy, but when it comes to the revealing cosplay I wanna wear this coming year, I feel the sudden urge to eat an apple and ride my bike over to the gym. I'm starting this thread because there are others out there that want to do the same thing, and being able to have a support group here can really help.
Any (healthy) tips and ideas for losing weight? post them here, other people wanna hear em! Ever tried something that didn't work, or even ended up causing you to actually gain weight? Again, post them so that others can avoid your mistake!
Here's a bit of back info on me to give you an idea about what I am, what I want to be, and why:

Cosplay I want to do this for: Genderbender naruto
Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 210lbs  :-[
Weight goal: 140lbs  
What I want to lose: 70lbs  :o
Average #lbs I would have to lose per week to reach goal by con: 2.6  :)
(this makes me happy, because I plan on using weight watchers, which on average helps people lose about 2 or 3lbs per week. Also, in case you want to know, to calculate this you divide the number of pounds you want to lose by the number of weeks left until con)

How about you? you don't have to actually post your weight or anything (the only reason I did it is because I'm determined to be a lot slimmer by the time any of you actually see me  :P ), but i'm curious about what motivates you to get healthy and how you plan to go about reaching your goal.

Ideas and opinions about any of this are welcome  ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:17:04 pm by lover-of-the-pepsi »
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #520 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:41 am »
This Monday, I am going to start the Insanity workout by Shaun T. My cousin gave me the videos since it works extremely well for her, so I'm gonna give it a try. :D My workout is scheduled from Monday to Saturday and only take a day off on Sunday.

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
Re: Losing Weight......For Kumoricon!
« Reply #521 on: February 12, 2012, 04:52:48 pm »
I don't have a weight problem, but as an aerialist I need to stay strong. If you don't know what aerial is, it's a form of dance on equipment high in the air, such as trapezes. I told myself that I wouldn't miss a day of doing core and arm strength exercises and for the most part I haven't and I've gotten stronger because of it. But I don't want to stop getting stronger so I haven't stop doing core and arm strength exercises.
I hope you can reach you're goals. I know I probably can't relate to your problem, but all I can say is whatever method of weight loss you choose, make sure it's safe and don't miss a day.
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #522 on: February 12, 2012, 05:32:06 pm »
Thanks, I appreciate it. Also, I used to be a figure skater, and up until this year (where I started gaining a bunch of weight) I was in the colorguard. Having a strong core and strong muscles in your arms and legs in order to perform well and maintain proper balance is extremely important for both sports, so I totally get the need for your exercizes. Good luck to you too!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:34:42 pm by lover-of-the-pepsi »
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #523 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:27 pm »
I would also say stay away from diet soda' normal pop is  actually better in moderation if you need the fizz, tho there are a lot more healthy drink options these day s

I want to shed done lbs, I have a 4  month old that I want to get in shape door as he is only going to get bigger and faster.  Right now its hard because I am tired most of the time, breast feeding takes sLot of time and energy but so worth it
( Your baby get s your antibiotics to fight cold and flu, and they have less poopy diapers since there its less waste, and formula us super expensive.)

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #524 on: February 14, 2012, 12:01:33 am »
You and I are about the same weight. I want to lose weight as well for Kumoricon.
I have a gym membership, but I work around fast food and find it's easier to go there and get food on my lunch breaks rather than packing a lunch D8 I also work in a sketchy area, so I would rather go for the burgers than walk further to a subway... in the dark... in a sketchy part of town...

I like to take a water bottle with me to work so I don't buy soda (I work for papa murphys) and it really helps me out C8
I also try to avoid chips and candy and whatnot, which I don't eat much of to begin with (although I've this craving for laffy taffy since xmas thanks to my secret santa ;>>)
I think my birth control that I am on makes it a little more difficult for me to lose weight since I did gain 10 pounds when I started it.

I did buy Zumba 2 for the Wii and I love it~ Great workout! I love dancing ^^
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:04:45 am by PaperRoxas »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #525 on: February 14, 2012, 12:06:29 am »
Fast food is fine so long as you can burn off the calories. Or try some of their less calorie options to eat? Chow down on salads maybe? Or yeah, bring a packed sandwich ^^
Kumori'15

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #526 on: February 14, 2012, 12:08:32 am »
The exercises did make my back hurt... But if I continue to do them every other day for at least 5-10 minutes, with a few Shinra squats, the pain is lessening.

Now it's just when I walk do I get an ache... But it is getting better. Proof I'm using the muscles if they ache, right? ;)
Kumori'15

Offline kittyhumaniod

• Cabbit
« Reply #527 on: February 14, 2012, 06:31:57 am »
I am now following this thread for motivation. My own goal is lose about 20. Not that hard to some but I have semi-slow metabolism and a disease called laziness.   ;D

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #528 on: February 14, 2012, 08:14:43 am »
cool to see this thread! I'm working on losing weight for kumoricon too, and me and pepsi lover r looking to lose about the same amount!!
i try and get to the gym every day, and on thursdays and saturdays i work out for about 2 hours each day. what i find really helps is to set a time during the evening that after which you don't eat anything. i set my time at 8pm because i normally get to bed about 12 to 1. i found this site/article pretty helpful http://www.flat-stomach-exercises.com/eating-habits.html
i also play a lot of video games (female gamers r real guys), and so i set a timer on my phone so i get up and do a 5 minute workout every 45 minutes. this has helped a lot too. i have an iphone so i use some apps that i found there for my 5 minute workouts.
yeah, so we should totally keep eachother up to date :) looking forward to following this thread!
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #529 on: February 14, 2012, 09:05:12 am »
Since I'm going as Lenalee this year, I have a look goal, as opposed to a weight goal. My family carries our weight well, but right now I'm still too big to do the cosplay. I am deffinately there with you on the workout and get into shape bit.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #530 on: February 14, 2012, 04:40:04 pm »
What kind of back pain? :0  If you're experiencing back pain that isn't related to muscle soreness and you weren't doing an exercise to target your back . . it could be a sign that one of the exercises you're doing doesn't work well for you OR that it is being performed incorrectly.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #531 on: February 14, 2012, 08:40:25 pm »
I'm up there with you guys^^ I wanna loose about 20 pounds or so and gain some muscle cause I'm week. ><
I've been hitting the gym 3 days a week for an hour and a half and taking a Pilates class 2 days a week for about an hour and a half for about 4 weeks now and I've gotten stronger and lost a couple pounds. :3
I'm determined to be a good Marceline! X3

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #532 on: February 15, 2012, 12:02:23 am »
Cosplay: Maid for Maid Squad >.>;
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 195lbs
(just to give you guys some proof that you can do it too =^.^=)
Starting Weight: 245lbs
Target Weight: 180lbs

A few things I've done to cut down:
Biking to work instead of taking the bus.
Cooking my own food. (I still eat at Burgerville and Taco Bell sometimes, but I get 1 burrito at TB now instead of 3, and at Burgerville I eat either a Salmon Salad with lemon and vinegar for dressing, or a double hamburger dry instead of with cheese and mayo-sauce)

Eating more veggies :D cook em with a piece of chicken if you don't like how broccoli tastes :)

The bottom line for weight loss, is what you don't burn, you store. And if you burn more than you take in, then you lose :D

Weight watchers is a good way to go, because it's structured, but not to the point of killing you, and it's made to be easy to adhere too.

And on Soda, I drink only the natural sugar sodas now, and only about 2 a week, and I've noticed it's made a difference. If you need the caffeine , tea (especially green tea) or black coffee is the way to go. It took me a while to like coffee, but after a few weeks, I got used to it (I found that ice helped a lot).

I've also noticed, that now that I'm 50lbs lighter, I'm much happier. Getting up is easier, getting stuff done is easier, and I don't wheeze going up the stairs anymore ;D (Working on quitting smoking has helped a lot there).

Good luck to everyone trying to get into better shape!

2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline Elefante

• Oni
« Reply #533 on: February 15, 2012, 12:07:28 am »
Current Status:
Weight: 105ish (because I have so much muscle... I run track, and cross-country, and horseback riding, and I play softball)
Height: 5ft 3in
Goal:
My goal is to be about 90 pounds (at most) by the time Kumoricon starts, as I am planning on going as Black Rocket Shooter for one of the days and I really don't want to look like the opposite of what she is supposed to look like.
Plan:
I plan to run really hard in the track season this year and to tone down my muscle and fat. Also, I hope to gain up enough courage to ask my mom if I could get a diet plan from my doctor because, even if Kumoricon wasn't coming up I would want to lose weight, and last but not least, I go to a camp every summer that helps me lose a good 5-10lbs.

Offline Elefante

• Oni
« Reply #534 on: February 15, 2012, 12:14:36 am »
Cosplay I want to do this for: Black Rocket Shooter
Weight: 105-ishlbs
Weight goal: 90-80lbs
Total # of lbs I want to lose: 10-25lbs

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #535 on: February 15, 2012, 01:51:09 pm »
I'm prolly weird but I drink seltzer water/club soda instead of sugary/diet drinks now. I love the carbonation and it has no calories. :0

I also recently started back up my fat loss diet. I did a weight gain routine over the fall/winter, and added about . . 30+ lbs. Some if it was muscle, and there was a bit of fat, too. :0 So now it's time to lose all the fat and try to retain as much of the muscle as possible by making sure I get enough protein every day.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #536 on: February 15, 2012, 04:00:35 pm »
I'm really happy so many people have posted, I kinda expected this thread to peeter out.... :)

Sui Fong - I read the article, and it sounds like it's definately worth a try. I'm thinking about seeing how it goes over the next couple of days....

Elefante - Your not a fatty! Your current weight seems to be pretty healthy for you age (idk about you height though).

kalagei - It's awsome to hear about how far along you've gotten on your own goal, it makes me feel more pumped about being able to do my own!  ;D

As for everyone else, whether it's getting stronger or trying to lose a couple pounds, your goals are just as important as any of the others. Having the determination and willpower to change your body for the better even by a tiny bit is awsome, and VERY worth it!

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #537 on: February 15, 2012, 09:31:35 pm »
Eating more veggies :D cook em with a piece of chicken if you don't like how broccoli tastes :)

how can someone not love broccoli?? i love broccoli and cauliflower. and lima beans! i made a wonderful stir-fry with lima beans, corn, broccoli, water chestnuts and onions. (i use the word fry lightly, b/c i only used a small amount of olive oil) omg, it was amazing. i can post the recipe for the sauce i made for it if anyone is interested.
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #538 on: February 15, 2012, 09:35:49 pm »
Speaking of, I am wondering how this thread differs at all from the "getting in shape" thread in the Cosplay section? Because to lose the weight in a healthy safe way, is essentially the same thing as getting in shape and having better fitness, no?

x.x I don't drink much soda anymore. I always have some lying around, or a bottle of ramune, but mostly I drink milk, water and some form of juice. Right now I'm drinking Arizona tea.
Kumori'15

Offline kittyhumaniod

• Cabbit
« Reply #539 on: February 16, 2012, 08:40:27 am »
Cosplay: The Discipline from HomeStuck
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 165lbs
Target Weight: 145lbs

Motivational Picture GO!!!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #540 on: February 16, 2012, 02:18:17 pm »
Cosplay I want to do this for: Black Rocket Shooter
Weight: 105-ishlbs
Weight goal: 90-80lbs
Total # of lbs I want to lose: 10-25lbs

Ok, I'm sorry dear, but you are not a fatty and 90-80lbs is UNDERWEIGHT! Actually 106 is considered underweight for that height. You do not need to lose weight! The way you seem to be thinking is going to lead you down a dark and scary road called anorexia and we do not want to go there.  If you are unhappy with the way you look than just lift some weights or something to add muscle. I'm 5'3" as well and I weight 107-109 and you know what? I'M NOT FAT!!!!!! WHICH MEANS YOU AREN'T EITHER!!!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:20:03 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #541 on: February 16, 2012, 04:35:06 pm »
yeah hunneh your not fat i think you should gain alittle more liek 2-3 pounds at that size for your high keep at your hight weight not the weight you want becuse that is very unhealthy

I am 5'7 1/2
I was 230lb
I am 180lb

my goal is my 175
my target weight: 170

And Elefante
Always ask your doctor about loseing weight even as a teen from 10+ you should ask your doctor about your weight and what would be a good weight to have at your hight and age, and body. I am big bone no joke. i m build diffrent so my target weight is alittle more then the chart below but SERIOUSLY ASK YOUR DOCTOR about your weight wayyy before you go on a diet becuse you can be doing the wrong thing. and its not something you want to be into okay. everyone els as well should agree with me!
guys here is a chart that is based on hight and weight but rember your body type. as well i hope this helps alittle
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height_weight.shtml
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:41:24 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #542 on: February 16, 2012, 04:39:08 pm »
It depends how you distribute the weight... I have more muscle than fat from what I can tell, cause I'm 5' and weigh about 110-115. I think the only fat I could afford to loose is on my stomach and sides a bit, but it's hard cause I have to eat a lot for a fast metabolism x.x;
Kumori'15

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #543 on: February 16, 2012, 04:41:59 pm »
It depends how you distribute the weight... I have more muscle than fat from what I can tell, cause I'm 5' and weigh about 110-115. I think the only fat I could afford to loose is on my stomach and sides a bit, but it's hard cause I have to eat a lot for a fast metabolism x.x;
mmhmm and mucel weighs more then fat :D what my moma says to me ^^
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:44:53 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline Haru Hanson

• Cabbit
    • RMD
« Reply #544 on: February 18, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »
Current Status: I'm 13 (next month) I weigh 102lbs & my height is 5'2"

Goal: To lose my tummy fat, and some leg fat...

Plan: Start P90x with my dad, do a juicing fast for 10 days with my mom, take more walks with my friend, and TRY to lay of the Pocky...
2014 cosplay list:
Sweet Guro Lolita Twin - 60% finished
Hunny Senpai (OHSHC) - 100% finished
MonoKuma (Dangan Ronpa) - 100% finished
Nagisa (Free!) - ?? finished

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #545 on: February 18, 2012, 05:45:20 pm »

Plan: Start P90x with my dad, do a juicing fast for 10 days with my mom, take more walks with my friend, and TRY to lay of the Pocky...

leg exersies and tummy ones will tighten the mucels ^^

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2012, 12:48:35 am »

I'm not a doctor, but at your age and weight I don't know how healthy (or necessary) it would be to do 10 days of juicing. :0  Maybe 1 day of juicing, and then replacing 1 solid meal a day for 7-10 days with some juice? :0

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2012, 01:17:27 am »
Seriously guys? This is ridiculous. Stop thinking you are fat when you are not! x_x Aim for healthy not skinny!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2012, 10:52:27 am »
Seriously guys? This is ridiculous. Stop thinking you are fat when you are not! x_x Aim for healthy not skinny!

^ agree with this fully, You should always ask a doctor before doing a diet. exersising is good but dont over your limit. always eat healthy and get to that weight that is healthy for your hight and body shape

Offline Yuri the Hatter

• Cabbit
« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2012, 11:02:06 am »
Young people don't diet unless you talk to your doctor and they say you need to be on one. If not then don't do it proper eating and exercise is the correct way to go. 90-80 Ibs Is the weight of a  10 or under person. In fact your current weight depending on your body size and your bone thickness is what factor in on your body weight. So I will tell you I am 5'4 and I Weigh last I checked 138 or 140 but because of my body shape and how my body is made I wont weigh no less than maybe 125ibs  maybe 120 if I am lucky. But I would suggest eating correctly lots of fruits and veggies cut back on greasy foods and red meat. But before you diet do consult your primary care doctor about this issue. I am sure they will say as well that you shouldn't weigh 90 or 80 ibs.
Yuri the hatter :3