Author Topic: Getting in shape  (Read 287442 times)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #750 on: April 29, 2013, 03:08:52 pm »
There unfortunately is no universal answer for how to keep in a routine even despite seeing the beneficial effects. Probably my best advise is to find ways to make exercise a part of your life where you feel incomplete without it. It can take a long time to get into that mindset and sometimes you'll need encouragement from others in your life.

It is also very effective to have a buddy/partner when working out. Not only does it give companionship with something that can be frankly a little boring sometimes when done alone, but you can push your limits a little more (having someone to spot for you or correct your form, or even as a little bit of competition for example). There is also the emotional and
Psychiatric effects of having a partner where you are more likely to stay in the routine even just to hang out or sometimes the thought of "Well, I'd better go because if my friend is going to be there I shouldn't let them down" though the effect can be reversed if one party member quits, so multiple buddies can be beneficial as well.

Lastly, keep active in general. A body in motion tends to stay in motion. If you don't have the time or space to do curls or situps, you can have one of those stress relief balls to squeeze or have little exercises you can do in your chair just to keep moving. It's not going to make up for full on exercise, but it can help with keeping active and keeping the routine. You're not just training your body, you are training your mind as well.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #751 on: May 05, 2013, 07:50:30 pm »
Hey guys~
So today, I reached 25 minutes on my elliptical and my heart rate reached 216.
I was wondering, is that a good heart rate to reach and stop at, or should I keep going?
I want to reach 30 minutes at a time, and do that at least twice a day. Is that good too?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #752 on: May 05, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »
I'm no doctor but anything in the 200s sounds high. You should see a doctor and get tested before pushing yourself further, since a max heart rate is kind of unique to your own age and health. http://www.heart.com/heart-rate-chart.html <- this says a simple formula (that may or may not apply to you)
WOMEN: 226 - your age = age-adjusted Max HR
 MEN: 220 - your age = age-adjusted Max HR
Example: If you are a 30-year-old woman, your age-adjusted maximum heart rate is 226- 30 years = 196 bpm (beats per minute).
The page also has an ideal target heart rate during exercise, and a target zone... Giving it a read over and a visit to the doc will help :)
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #753 on: May 06, 2013, 01:33:23 am »
Agreed, that sounds quite high, which can stress and injure the body. I'll double check once I hit the gym again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_rate#Maximum

Try to allow a cooldown (also called warming down) period to pace yourself too. While it is scientifically noted that a cooldown period isn't as effective as once thought for reducing soreness, it does help with pacing and relieving some of the stress on the heart.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #754 on: May 06, 2013, 08:46:40 am »
Really going above 200 can get dangerous. I shoot for 160-170 but really 150 would be perfect for most. Though it does change per person.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #755 on: May 06, 2013, 09:24:29 am »
Ohkay.
So I'll go till I get about 150-180 and try to keep getting my time higher and higher.
My brother said he can see the difference, and all I've been doing is taking away most junk food, and drinking water <33

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #756 on: May 08, 2013, 08:36:50 pm »
I just talked to my gym coach and she mentioned the calculation we posted before but said over 200 is most likely dangerous. She said that as a general rule of thumb that if you can't have a conversation during the workout then you're straining yourself too much.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #757 on: May 08, 2013, 08:39:30 pm »
I just talked to my gym coach and she mentioned the calculation we posted before but said over 200 is most likely dangerous. She said that as a general rule of thumb that if you can't have a conversation during the workout then you're straining yourself too much.

That's funny cause I was talking to my sister the whole time..

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #758 on: May 09, 2013, 03:46:12 pm »
I've been doing more exercises and then my mom bought a bunch of ice cream and brownies.... There goes the 'eating healthy' for the week
Kumori'15

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #759 on: May 10, 2013, 08:42:45 am »
I have the hardest time staying on a diet. I have been very good so far. I am allowing myself one cheat meal a week and I pretty much had it last night. I just had a portabella mushroom burger which isn't too un healthy but I really really wanted a milkshake, especially since this week has been a week from hell at work. So I got my milkshake and now I feel like I can focus again on my diet.

Its always best to let yourself have a cheat meal every once in a while, probably no more than once a week. If you completely get rid of a food item you are more likely to fail in your diet. Right now my weakness is milkshakes. I have also told myself that on Fridays I am allowed to have one smallish dark chocolate bar since dark chocolate is actually not too bad for you and that will help curve my candy craving.

Teddy how did you calculate your heart rate? It sounds like it might have been a fluke. If your heart rate really was at 200 you shouldn't have been able to talk, that is getting around very deadly levels. I find that the machines like an elliptical or treadmill really don't calculate it that well. The best way is to stop every 10 minutes or so and do it yourself, I use my neck since its easiest for me to find. All you do is count how many beats in 6 seconds then add a 0 to the end and you get a rough estimate of your heart rate.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #760 on: May 10, 2013, 10:46:34 am »
I was counting my beats as my sister counted 15 seconds, then I multiplied it by 4.

I'll try your method when I get on my elliptical again this afternoon. Gonna try and reach an hour.

Offline Sphynxmagg

• Oni
« Reply #761 on: May 10, 2013, 04:36:04 pm »
Current Status: I'm 23. I'm about 5'8" >3> my scale doesn't work properly but I'm not going to argue with it, I know I've been slacking off and I still have baby weight I need to lose (even though its almost been 2 years xD) but anyway, I weigh around 230-240 >3> don't laugh...LOL...I've always been on the heavier side since I was waaaay little, I use to be really active all the time too.

Goal: I just want to make an okay Grell xD I'm probably going to be a fluffy BUSTY Grell but, that's my goal.  This is going to be my first real trip to a convention and this part always makes me nervous haha (was so nervous last time I went, I was so sick the first day that I didn't last more than a few hours *cries*).  It's taken me this long just to figure out who I wanted to go as (>3> I do have my own character I'm going as too but Grell is my main goal)

Well...cosplay aside, I don't like being "skinny" or "Thin" I like being sturdy/husky I dont know how else to say that xD but I just like my fuller face and all that. I like being a strong woman that can pick up the slack the guys can't do (I've had to be both parents to my siblings for a long time xD) I do however want to lose some of the bulgy stomach I've got going XD and work on my thighs

Plan to reach goal:
well I've been going to the pool a few times a week since last month or so >3> but my diet hasn't changed, but this week coming up (after my birthday) I'm going to do a 2 week detox (no sugar/no carb/no starch) and continue with going to the pool and walking down the street (if my daughter isn't too fussy and what not)
Working out for me hasn't been easy since I was 17-18 (a month away from being 18) cuz of a car accident I was in so my back is kinda messed up and gets in the way of a lot of stuff.
so if any of you could help me figure out some kind of work out I can do that wont stress my back too much that would be wonderful.  If not then back to the resistance training in the pool and "having fun" at the pool xD

Offline Dubious

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr.
« Reply #762 on: May 10, 2013, 11:12:28 pm »
Height: 6ft
Weight: 190lbs
Pants Size: 13

Goal: I want to lose the 20lbs that it will take for me to be back in the regular range of weight for my height. I don't eat a lot during the day and I walk about three miles a week. It's not enough. I need to increase the amount of exercise I do while consuming more water. I have also noticed that my recent weight loss (10lbs) could be attributed to the fact that I drink three to four glasses of Ito En green tea every day when given the opportunity. I do believe that it boosts metabolism after all.  I'd love to be a size 10 before Kumoricon where you can see me as Doflamingo.

- u - b

2014 - Donquixote Doflamingo

Progress: 100%

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #763 on: May 12, 2013, 11:01:39 pm »
So I started a diet about 2.5 months ago. I have lost 33 pounds! And gonna keep going.

Offline Smile_Bomb

• Cabbit
« Reply #764 on: May 14, 2013, 07:47:45 pm »
Waaah I started Insanity AGAIN today. I got it about two months ago but I pooped out after like 3 weeks. But I'm super serious this time! -DETERMINED-  >:(

Exercising routinely is extremely hard for me because I eventually lose motivation. Does anyone have some good words of advise? 

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #765 on: May 15, 2013, 06:03:30 pm »
SOOO I actually got a membership at a gym and went three times so far, who'd of thought? Hopefully I can try to get in shape this way since I'll have my boyfriend coming with me when I go (I got a buddy!).

@Smile: Insanity?? I saw a thing on tv on that and it seemed super hard, I wish you luck!
And for words of advice... I'd say don't work yourself too hard one day, if your muscles get too sore it might take a few days to feel better and you'll fall out of the habit. (At least that's happened to me one too many times.)
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Barnaby Brooks Jr. [Tiger&Bunny]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline Smile_Bomb

• Cabbit
« Reply #766 on: May 15, 2013, 07:25:39 pm »
SOOO I actually got a membership at a gym and went three times so far, who'd of thought? Hopefully I can try to get in shape this way since I'll have my boyfriend coming with me when I go (I got a buddy!).

@Smile: Insanity?? I saw a thing on tv on that and it seemed super hard, I wish you luck!
And for words of advice... I'd say don't work yourself too hard one day, if your muscles get too sore it might take a few days to feel better and you'll fall out of the habit. (At least that's happened to me one too many times.)

Gyms are so intimidating! The times I've gone I felt like I had no idea what I was doing and felt like everyone was secretly laughing at me -_- lol
It's really hard to not work myself too hard with Insanity cause literally every other word coming from the fitness instructor is "Push! Dig deeper!" and I'm like '...okay @x@' .... xD Good times~

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #767 on: May 15, 2013, 10:45:57 pm »
Gyms are so intimidating! The times I've gone I felt like I had no idea what I was doing and felt like everyone was secretly laughing at me -_- lol
It's really hard to not work myself too hard with Insanity cause literally every other word coming from the fitness instructor is "Push! Dig deeper!" and I'm like '...okay @x@' .... xD Good times~

Ahhh, yeah, I know what you mean. I always have to wonder around like an idiot looking for the muscle group I want and I'm weak so I have it low and only can do each machine for such a short while, I don't even have proper workout clothes! Then there's so many super fit ladies around me. XD
Well, Insanity is known for being hard, I kinda wish I had it myself but those videos always intimidate me.

I wish you the best of luck though! I'm just aiming to try to look sort of fit for my Kuroko no Basket cosplay.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:47:17 pm by kittykat1blabla »
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #768 on: May 16, 2013, 09:37:40 am »
Everyone starts somewhere. I wouldn't worry too much about people watching you and laughing at you at gyms. Most of the time people are so focused on their workout to even care about anyone else. The other few times they will be impressed that there are girls even in the weight section, bonus points if you are using free weights instead of machines. When I find people actually watching me I just smile and say to myself "That's right. You watch me as I squat double my body weight and you be impressed. I am a force to be reckoned with"

Keep it up and you will learn the machines quickly, the weight you lift will go up and you will not be so worried. If you are interested in lifting weights then a word of advise, if you are going for the "toned" look you need to lift heavy weights. Do not fall for the "lift lighter weights for more reps" that just increased your muscle endurance. The way to get the "toned" look is to build muscle, and as a woman you wont be able to build muscle anywhere near the size of men. So please, lift HEAVY weights, not light ones. You want to barely be able to finish your last rep (shooting for 3 sets of 8) each set. This article explains it pretty well http://www.jcdfitness.com/2013/05/how-to-build-muscle-womens-edition-part-1/

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #769 on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:02 am »
I weighed myself the other day, and even though I haven't lost any weight, I haven't gained any either.
I start work at Joann fabrics, so I'm going to start being on my feet a lot, so I'm only going to worry about running 30 minutes everyday.

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #770 on: May 16, 2013, 01:55:13 pm »
Everyone starts somewhere. I wouldn't worry too much about people watching you and laughing at you at gyms. Most of the time people are so focused on their workout to even care about anyone else. The other few times they will be impressed that there are girls even in the weight section, bonus points if you are using free weights instead of machines. When I find people actually watching me I just smile and say to myself "That's right. You watch me as I squat double my body weight and you be impressed. I am a force to be reckoned with"

Keep it up and you will learn the machines quickly, the weight you lift will go up and you will not be so worried. If you are interested in lifting weights then a word of advise, if you are going for the "toned" look you need to lift heavy weights. Do not fall for the "lift lighter weights for more reps" that just increased your muscle endurance. The way to get the "toned" look is to build muscle, and as a woman you wont be able to build muscle anywhere near the size of men. So please, lift HEAVY weights, not light ones. You want to barely be able to finish your last rep (shooting for 3 sets of 8) each set. This article explains it pretty well http://www.jcdfitness.com/2013/05/how-to-build-muscle-womens-edition-part-1/

Hmmm, that was actually really helpful, so far I haven't been lifting any weights but I know now I'll have to. Though, is that article I didn't really find a place that tells me how to get a flat stomach. Are sit up just fine? I try to do the crunch machines but when I do that they don't seem to work too well. Should I just keep at those until I improve? I can work with the weights. I'll defiantly focus on those a bit more next time I go.
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #771 on: May 16, 2013, 02:51:25 pm »

Hmmm, that was actually really helpful, so far I haven't been lifting any weights but I know now I'll have to. Though, is that article I didn't really find a place that tells me how to get a flat stomach. Are sit up just fine? I try to do the crunch machines but when I do that they don't seem to work too well. Should I just keep at those until I improve? I can work with the weights. I'll defiantly focus on those a bit more next time I go.

Actually the key to a flat stomach is diet. No amount of crunches, sit ups, or any other core exercise will give you a flat stomach. It all comes down to eating properly. Doing sit ups and crunches will build muscle but it will build it UNDER the fat and make you look bigger. Eating a proper diet will help you lose the fat to get a flat stomach.

Another thing is building your larger muscle groups like thighs, back, and chest. The larger your muscle are the more calories they need to function which makes burning fat so much easier. So when people ask how to get a flat stomach I tell them squats, bench press, dead lifts, and pull ups and really pay attention on diet.

The other two parts of the article will be up soon and they should go more into abs, diet and other things.

Offline Smile_Bomb

• Cabbit
« Reply #772 on: May 16, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »
I weighed myself the other day, and even though I haven't lost any weight, I haven't gained any either.
I start work at Joann fabrics, so I'm going to start being on my feet a lot, so I'm only going to worry about running 30 minutes everyday.

I'm totally jealous that you work at Joann's.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #773 on: May 19, 2013, 08:37:34 am »
I have a pudge around my stomach and hips, and it's mostly from the breads and pastas I consume. If I just replaced them with something else like veggies or fruit, or just cut back how much of them I eat, it'll get smaller. It also seems to get smaller if I do some basic Pilates workouts (like the one that involves lifting your hips up off the ground and then lowering them down). Working out just with sucking your tummy in helps :)

That might just be me though.... I know one thing I'll do is during a long car ride I'll sit with my stomach sucked in since I'm doing nothing else.
Kumori'15

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #774 on: May 21, 2013, 02:59:18 am »
I have a pudge around my stomach and hips, and it's mostly from the breads and pastas I consume. If I just replaced them with something else like veggies or fruit, or just cut back how much of them I eat, it'll get smaller. It also seems to get smaller if I do some basic Pilates workouts (like the one that involves lifting your hips up off the ground and then lowering them down). Working out just with sucking your tummy in helps :)

That might just be me though.... I know one thing I'll do is during a long car ride I'll sit with my stomach sucked in since I'm doing nothing else.

I also heard sucking in your stomach helps.
I've been trying to do it, it's super hard not to forget though. My mom had this belt that would go around your stomach and whenever you didn't suck it in it would buzz to remind you.
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #775 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:13 pm »
It's weird. I can suck in my stomach pretty mindlessly, but the muscles to suck in the entire lower part of my stomach requires more effort and I'll forget easily.
I remember in a Pilates class I took, she made us suck in our entire stomachs during ALL of the exercises. It was hard, but after a quarter, my stomach did get flatter.
Kumori'15

izamor

« Reply #776 on: May 26, 2013, 06:44:37 pm »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:32:07 pm by izamor »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #777 on: June 19, 2013, 09:01:50 am »
Thats great! Thanks!

I may start posting my workout here just to give some people an idea of a weight lifting routine that has worked for me (and maybe a little to keep this thread alive :P )

Monday:
Back Extensions 3x8: 35lbs, 35lbs, 35lbs
Machine Assisted Pull ups 3x8: 95 lbs, 95 lbs, 95lbs (thats a total of 95 lbs lifted, I can't do body weight ones yet)
Machine Assisted Chin Ups 3x8: 95 lbs, 95lbs, 95lbs
leg press machine 3x8: 220, 260, 300
One legged leg press 3x8: 200, 200, 200
Bent over rows 3x8: 55, 55, 60
Seated rows 3x8: 90, 105, 105
Lat Pull down 3x8: 75, 90, 90
Squats 3x8: 185, 185, 205
Thigh Adductor (works the inside of your thighs) 3x8: 190, 190, 205
Dead Lifts 3x8: 135, 135, 135
Took about an hour to do all of this

Everything on this workout is in lbs. I like to try to do lunges but the squat rack was busy most of the time and I hardly had a chance to get my squats in. I also think it is time to bump up my dead lifts to 140 and try to get my squats up as well. My Dead lifts were really hard this workout since I did them at the end.

Yesterday was a rest day and today I am doing chest, arms, shoulders, and a little core work. After this week I will get into my new normal workout routine. Instead of just lifting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and nothing else during the week I am going to go to Mon(legs and back), Tue(chest, arms, shoulders, core), Wed (cardio), Thur(legs and back), Fri(chest, arms, shoulders, core), Sat (cardio), Sun (rest). I feel with this new routine I would be more likely to reach my goals by Kumo. The main thing at this point is I would like to bench 145 and I am about 110 right now. I would also like to get my squat to 270 lbs and dead lift to....Well I haven't really set a goal there, but around 150 or 170. OH OH OH, I also want to be able to do pull ups without assistance so I can move on to muscle ups!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:02:48 am by nikkiolie »

izamor

« Reply #778 on: June 19, 2013, 01:55:21 pm »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:32:01 pm by izamor »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #779 on: June 19, 2013, 03:08:39 pm »
I have always had very strong legs. I've played soccer most of my life. Granted I am not going as low as I could on my squats but my legs are still about parallel to the ground. I'm already doing squats at 205 so it may take a while to get to 270. Also my upper body strength is pathetic.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:09:06 pm by nikkiolie »

izamor

« Reply #780 on: June 20, 2013, 03:06:12 am »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:31:50 pm by izamor »

Offline Shenanigans

• Oni
« Reply #781 on: June 20, 2013, 08:23:37 am »

Current Status: I'm 25 and weigh 210lbs -ish. On a good day I'm 6'2.

Goal: I want to get as ripped/shredded as  I can to suit the character I plan to cosplay. With that, it is actually a first all around for this guy. Cosplay & Anime Convention. My character is Zoro, so naturally I want to give off that atheletic persona. I want to give equal efforts not to just my costume, but to my body. With that, I hope to meet this goal about a week out before the Convention Starts

Plan to reach goal: Truthfully, I've been working out for two years now and have built a solid foundation. The only down side is that I'm currently deployed and have continously struggled to stick to the diet regime I put myself on. Dieting here isn't exactly..... the easiest thing to do. There are little things I can do such as eat lean (Turkey, chicken, fish etc). I  avoid things that are breaded, fried, or soaked in vegetable oil. We have a make shift gym here that definitely satisfies my appetite in weight lifitng and work out when I can fit it in.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplay Plan

Day 1: Just plain me
Day 2: Brock (1st GEN of Pokemon)
Day 3: UNK

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #782 on: June 20, 2013, 08:46:58 am »
Ah, gotcha. Have you given ATG a try, at least? I had to de-load a bit and work on getting hamstring-to-calf low when I started them, but I still feel like I get a lot more out of it.
Deads are still mostly legs and back, so how good you're doing in squat should be reflected in your DL's. What part of it is making it difficult to progress?
I haven't tried it too much...I'm just worried about my knees since I have had problems with them. As for my DL I just haven't really tried putting more weight on. And I was off for two week so I wanted to ease back into it a little before I went back to where I was so I didn't get hurt.

Here is my workout from yesterday. I finally bumped up my bench press from 105 to 110 (I thought I had done 110 but I guess I only got to 105) I'm going to do my chest workout again this week and I am going to try to do more at 110 then next week I will try to bump it to 115.
Push Ups 3x15
bench Press 3x5: 95, 105, 110
curls 1x8: 20
2x5: 25
Shoulder Press 3x8: 20, 25, 25
Lateral Raise 3x8: 10, 10, 12
Vertical Raise 3x8: 10, 10, 12
Chest Dips: 8 reps, 6 reps, 5 reps
Chest Fly 3x8: 80, 80, 75
Triceps Dips 3x15
Hammer Press 3x8: 50, 60, 55
Upright Row 3x8: 50, 50, 50
Plank 1 minute
Side plank 30 seconds each side
Russian Twist 3x25: no weight, 5 lbs, 5 lbs
Side bend 3x8: 35, 35, 35

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #783 on: June 21, 2013, 08:51:54 am »
So I increased my dead lift yesterday and lowered my squats so I could go lower. Yesterday was a very stressful day at work and a got a couple of after hour phone calls that kept me from finishing my workout (mainly I just was exhausted and drained emotionally and had no more motivation) but I still got quite a bit in

Assisted Chin ups 3x8: 100, 100, 100
Assisted Pull ups 3x8: 95, 95, 95
Seated Rows 3x8: 95, 105, 105
Back Extensions 2x8: 35, 35 (the squat rack opened up so I jumped on it.)
Squats 3x8: 155, 165, 185 (going lower)
Lunges 3x8: 95, 105, 115
Dead lifts 3x8: 135, 140, 145 (10 pounds heavier! WOO!)
Bent Over Rows 3x8: 60, 60 55

I wasn't able to do the leg press machine, finish my back extensions, or the thigh adductor but that's about it. My tushy is sore and my back is a little sore too. Just one more day of lifting this week then its time for a break. Tonight is chest, arms, shoulders, and core again. Also tomorrow I plan on taking new measurements, weight, and BF% with picture to see if I have made any progress. I feel like I have but well see what the numbers say (I mainly focus on the measurements and bf% over actual weight)

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #784 on: June 21, 2013, 01:11:39 pm »
Recently I've found out that I am allergic to Sodium Benzoate, which is used in almost every soda, so I haven't been drinking as much of that recently. I've been meaning to cut back on it anyways.

Sadly over the past few months the dorm life caught up to me and I gained a little bit of weight, but when I get back down to Corvallis, I will be working out in the mornings most days, occasionally afternoons. I got a few people to work out with me, so we will make sure that we all get up and actually do it. It's a lot easier for me to keep up with it when other people are expecting me to be there.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline tbjforever9

• Cabbit
« Reply #785 on: June 21, 2013, 02:34:16 pm »
Height: 5' 2''

Weight: 160 lbs

I'd like to get rid of some of the pudge on my stomach, hips, and thighs. I've been trying to eat not as much junk and less carbs, and I've been doing squats, but it doesn't really seem to be working.
Switched to M-ayumii

Offline Shenanigans

• Oni
« Reply #786 on: June 22, 2013, 05:35:08 am »
So I increased my dead lift yesterday and lowered my squats so I could go lower. Yesterday was a very stressful day at work and a got a couple of after hour phone calls that kept me from finishing my workout (mainly I just was exhausted and drained emotionally and had no more motivation) but I still got quite a bit in

Assisted Chin ups 3x8: 100, 100, 100
Assisted Pull ups 3x8: 95, 95, 95
Seated Rows 3x8: 95, 105, 105
Back Extensions 2x8: 35, 35 (the squat rack opened up so I jumped on it.)
Squats 3x8: 155, 165, 185 (going lower)
Lunges 3x8: 95, 105, 115
Dead lifts 3x8: 135, 140, 145 (10 pounds heavier! WOO!)
Bent Over Rows 3x8: 60, 60 55

I wasn't able to do the leg press machine, finish my back extensions, or the thigh adductor but that's about it. My tushy is sore and my back is a little sore too. Just one more day of lifting this week then its time for a break. Tonight is chest, arms, shoulders, and core again. Also tomorrow I plan on taking new measurements, weight, and BF% with picture to see if I have made any progress. I feel like I have but well see what the numbers say (I mainly focus on the measurements and bf% over actual weight)

After some indepth reading on your workouts, sounds like you have quite the solid plan. I am curious, what does your rest time between each set and before the next work out?
 I've found that my body responds more (lean goal) in the intensity range of resting for 30 seconds and if I feel pretty good, I'll throw on an extra set.
Kumoricon 2013 Cosplay Plan

Day 1: Just plain me
Day 2: Brock (1st GEN of Pokemon)
Day 3: UNK

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #787 on: June 26, 2013, 01:47:35 am »
I've been distracted lately working around at the playhouse and just sleeping all day and being awake at night. I have started to work out again, but I have been looking for more stomach/abs focus. I did find a good workout late tonight. I'll try it tomorrow to see if I can do any of it. My goal is to have flatter stomach- so much lazy and pasta weight lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ogDIqyGmCM
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:49:44 am by veraca »
Kumori'15

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #788 on: July 10, 2013, 11:00:12 am »
Oof having a partner for the gym is great since I am overly competitive, but now my abdominal muscles are sore from all the sit-ups. XD Ah well its nice to see results little by little.
Secrety secrets!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #789 on: July 10, 2013, 12:40:08 pm »
Yeah having a partner is great. My roommates boyfriend has been working out with me and it has been very helpful. I am able to lift heavier weights since I have him as a spotter. I found out that I am much closer to my goals than I originally thought.

On a progress note, I used one of those hand held body fat % measure thingies yesterday at the gym and it told me my body fat % was around 20! (GO ME). It is probably not as accurate as I want though since it mainly measures your upper body and I carry most of my fat in my legs and stomach area. I'm going to try to get new measurements at home using the way I have been for a while and see if there is any changes. I also plan on using the hand held one in a month or so to see if it goes down at all. My goal is to get to 20% so if I am already there then I will push it down to 18%

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #790 on: July 25, 2013, 04:04:57 pm »
I was watching tv today and saw an interesting website on The Doctors (I think it was that show). Anyway, it claims to give you a good summary of if you're in a healthy standing or not- specifically for your heart http://mylifecheck.heart.org/

I do kind of question how accurate it is, cause I feel like I'm the fatter side of the spectrum for my height. And feel I'm less healthy than healthy, considering how little fruits and veggies I eat.
Kumori'15

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #791 on: July 25, 2013, 05:15:44 pm »
My biggest issue is my diet. Everything else is pretty good...though I don't know my blood sugar or cholesterol.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #792 on: July 25, 2013, 06:34:50 pm »
I'm finally able to run on my leg again. The bone was bruised, and that took a while to heal so I could run without it hurting. I started going back to the gym yesterday.

I plan on running for 20 minutes a day, then doing a few weights exercises every other day, and on top of that throwing in pushups and sit ups before bed. So far I've gotten 2 days down!
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

izamor

« Reply #793 on: July 25, 2013, 08:18:21 pm »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:32:21 pm by izamor »

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #794 on: July 29, 2013, 08:00:39 am »
I have been forgetting to go to the gym lately, but I have a membership and hopefully for the next month before the con I can get into the habit and maybe get a little more in shape.
In other news, I went down a pants size (yay!) I am now the same weight I was in Freshman year and middle school.
I finally "worked" (if you could call what I've been doing work) off that 15-20ish pounds I picked up during Sophomore year in Texas. *fireworks and streamers everywhere*
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #795 on: July 29, 2013, 08:12:57 am »
Last week was tough for me. It was very stressful at work and I only went to the gym once. But that one day kicked my butt. My workout partner and I did really really heavy lifts. I think dead lifts we did 155, 165, 155. For squats we used a machine but my last set of 8 was at 270. We are going to get back into it today.

We both had a hella hard workout yesterday. We went to Ape Caves and hiked a total of 4.25 miles. 3 miles was in the dark caves. 1.5 of those miles was pretty easy and 1.5 was very very hard, climbing over a bunch of rocks. Then there was another 1.25 mile hike back down to the car. I think we got there right around 3 or 3:30 and left about 6:30. It was a lot of fun. I'm shocked I didn't roll my ankle. All in all 10/10 will hike again.

Offline fadadio

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #796 on: July 29, 2013, 11:24:04 pm »
as a update I have bulked up to 160 and  I am now cutting weight, overall I should be pretty lean by Kumoricon. I have split my meals into 5 smaller ones and I am taking in about 1000 to 1400 calories a day while burning 2500 a day meaning I should be at 152 or less for kumoricon.

overall very happy with my bulking results and looking forward to getting more lean while maintaining my strength

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #797 on: July 30, 2013, 04:46:01 am »
The last several months have been hell on my workouts because; in addition to getting another shoulder injury, my sister managed to chase off all of her baby sitters so I've been having to take care of her kids from 5 am to somewhere between 7 and 10pm almost every day. I was down to 178 lbs (almost back down to my minimum before I start bulking up! yay!) but now I'm back up to 185 due to the lack of activity. To supplement my lack of working out I walk the track a few laps, but even that is intermittent because of the heat in addition to her kids being royal pain in the butt brats most times so we don't go out much. :(

Next time I get to go to the gym I'm going to ask Virginia (the owner) to make my lower belly hurt because it neeeeds some major soreness. Hopefully I'm able to, this sleep schedule my sister keeps me on is absolutely killing me and my energy levels too. >.<
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:47:05 am by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #798 on: August 01, 2013, 08:00:39 am »
Oh yeah, I loved that workout. It could have hurt more but I feel it and I'm still able to move. <3
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

izamor

« Reply #799 on: August 01, 2013, 04:55:30 pm »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:32:27 pm by izamor »