Author Topic: Kumoricon Fruits Basket movie ideas!  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Kumoricon Fruits Basket movie ideas!
« on: October 26, 2010, 11:14:56 am »
Okay everyone, listen up! :D

There's a thread in the Anime, Manga & etc. area, provided by randompvg, that talks of Hollywood looking to make a "movie" based off of Fruits Basket.  I kind of made a joke that we should make our own, and others have replied in ways that make me wonder: maybe we SHOULD do this!

Oh, yeah, here's the link.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=14281.0

As with any movie, I recommend that we have some people get together, mainly those that are heavily familiar with the series, and come up with a storyline first!  We'd need, at the VERY LEAST, an idea.  We've already got some people wanting to play some roles, and that's great!  Before any casting is done, though, we need something for our aspiring actors/actresses to work with.

Who's up for this idea?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon Fruits Basket movie ideas!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 07:43:05 pm »
-raises hand- i can help write the script. well, if i have time. it all depends on how much time i can put into this. but i would so love to help out by writing the script or editing what someone has written. (that is my super human ability anyways)
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:48:01 pm »
I own up through 19 of the manga. ;P So I'm pretty sure I know the story line fairly well.
I didn't go beyond that because I didn't want it to end even though I already know the ending. One of these days I might finish off my collection if I don't sell what I have.

But...are you thinking of making a movie or more like a web series/TV Show?
Perhaps it would be best to think of it in a Series aspect with different episodes and plot those out. Then if you want, condense those 'episodes' into a movie or continue into making the series.
With the series, you could also set aside some things and make a movie on top of the series. So the series would be like a side story to the movie or even the story that goes in between time breaks in the movie.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:14:00 pm »
Well, I know the entire anime premise and have read pretty far, can't pinpoint exactly where but after Akito's big secret is revealed, and I know how the manga ENDS so I'd say I understand it pretty darn well; so I hope I'll be helpful.

I may not be an amazing one, though maybe if I just got some critique that'd change people herre are full of BS, I'd also be interested in acting but if that's a no go count me in for anything else you need. I'm good with digital editing, and would be okay with working with people on a script; at least as a reviewer.

I think episodes and a movie would make more sense, since it seems the forums agree that condensing the series into a movie that short isn't a good idea I don't see why we'd do that...
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 09:16:44 pm »
i have read the entire series and watched all the episodes... so my brain is yours to pick. (please keep my brain somewhat in one piece. i do need it for other things as well.)
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 09:35:33 pm »
Oh yeah...a bit of my accomplishments to back me up, huh? XP
  • I'm a theatre major and have acted in many plays.
  • I am currently acting in a web series called Forever Underhill that will come out later this year or early next.
  • I have dealt with helping people create scripts in the past and have a self-proclaimed minor in creative writing.
  • I have also been stage manager and assistant stage manager in plays so I can direct as well.
  • In college I am going for a B.A. in Acting and MFA in Directing at UoP.

So...there are my credentials. |D

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 09:41:26 pm »
credentials....

*I helped make props for my school's play last year (along with help my theatre friends go over lines)
*I am currently helping someone out with their story
*i've written about 2-3 scripts in a span of 3 years or so

yeah... my credentials arent as spiffy as girffincalw's. but im a senior in high school and i plan on getting a major in creative writing and business management. Along with, I'm not a theatre person... more like an English, creative idea giver person. Plus, im an excellent lacky.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »
I like the idea of doing a series.

I have read and watched all the episodes of Fruits Basket.

As for credentials, all I can say is that I've acted in a few plays, including a musical, and I was a director for my high school's one acts. I have also choreographed for a play as well. Though I must admit that I'm not a great writer...
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 09:51:09 pm »
I don't have any real credentials but I have been exposed to theater through all my years in high school, and currently am a senior. I've taken both theather and technical theater courses, both of which weren't that great but did tell me what I needed to know. I've also been working with video cameras the past few years and also have, more recently, begun a photography class so I've figured out more about that.

Compared to all the rest of you I'm nowhere near as good, but I will still do all that I can to help!~~~
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:51:52 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 06:41:38 am »
i would do anything to help. I kinda have an idea for this movie if you guys wana see it
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 08:34:50 am »
This is great, you guys!  I know this is a little short notice, (stupid malware...), but if anyone can come to the mini-con so we can go over ideas in person, I think that'd be a good place to start.  I'll be there this morning, (gotta leave soon), but I'll be gone from 11 to (2-3)?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh