Author Topic: Cosplay shoes.  (Read 1152 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Cosplay shoes.
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:20:55 pm »
I am currently working on an outrageous pair of shoes and I want to know who else has worn some shoes like this for a cosplay.

Here are the base of the shoes I got.

This is the costume its for

notice how the heel doesn't touch the ground, hence the clear heel :3
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:15:23 am by nikkiolie »

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
Re: Cosplat shoes.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 01:00:29 am »
I have worn shoes like that for a pageant and dances but never had the need for a cosplay.
However, they are easy once you get the hang of them but you really need to be careful with balance.
I have also tried on those exact shoes if not ones very similar while in a halloween shop. They have great support with the strap but could easily twist or break your ankle if you fall hard enough. (But that is with any shoe, really.)

I would practice with the shoes themselves before covering them with the fabric.

Another thing you might want to do is invest in those ankle stocking things. Depending on your feet, how you walk, and how long you wear the shoes, your feet can get cut by the plastic by your toes. The stockings will protect your feet better. Since the shoes will be covered you would also just wear normal socks but they might be too thick.
Another method to decrease the chance of hurting your feet is to wear the shoes around the house and stretch out the plastic a bit.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplat shoes.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 07:15:04 am »
I have worn them a bit and I am getting used to them. It wouldn't be the first time I twisted my ankle. Playing soccer kinda means you will roll it at least once. I also plan on wearing socks with them since they wont be seen. The plastic does put a lot of pressure on my skin and I am sure after an extended period would end up cutting me. Thanks for the advice though. I will probably spend most of my time this week getting used to them since I plan on wearing them to akicon. I do have a pair of shoes that could work as backup though if anything happens.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
Re: Cosplay shoes.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 08:40:01 pm »
I haven't worn anything like that for cosplay, but I have for dances in like high school and middle school. (not recently tho, cause i tore thro 2 the tendons in my ankle and am still recovering) They are actually quite comfortable when you get use to them. :) dr scholl's (or however its spelled) makes a type of insole for them to make them more comfy, i might suggest that if u plan to spend all day in them. i might suggest practicing walking up and down stairs, cause that takes some getting use to. :)
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.