Author Topic: Hetalia Day: Beaverton, Oregon  (Read 3294 times)

Offline zapheil

• Oni
Hetalia Day: Beaverton, Oregon
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:49:49 pm »
Alright, so I know that there's going to be a Hetalia Day meet in Eugene. Problem is, I can't go to it, and a lot of my friends can't go either. So I figured, how about I make my own meetup, a little closer to where Kumoricon is so that hopefully more people can participate in awesomely random fun?

THE DATE: Hetalia Day, October 24th~! Oh, and that's a Sunday, in case you don't want to look it up on a calendar.

THE PLAN: Have another Hetalia Day meet closer to Portland -- in Beaverton to be exact.

THE PLACE: Big Al's, an awesome bowling alley that also has a GIANT arcade and a full resturant. Here's the site for more info ==> http://www.ilovebigals.com/beaverton/

THE TIME: Not exact at this point. Probably around mid-afternoon to late-ish evening so that we can have dinner there.

There may also be a phototshoot beforehand at the Cooper Mountain Nature Park, which is 6 minutes away from Big Al's by car, but I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRANSPORT YOU.  A link to that ==> http://www.metro-region.org/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=16016

Is anybody interested? I've had this up on my deviantART account for a while now, but I've only got 5 other people who can come.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Hetalia Day: Beaverton, Oregon
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 06:35:26 pm »
I would so go, but i have no Hetallia cosplay and it's too short noticed for me
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 06:39:44 pm »
Instead of making people choose between two meetups, why not have your meetup on a different day? That way neither meetup loses people who could potentially make it to both, and each meetup becomes more awesome because it has the maximum number of people.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline zapheil

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 07:11:30 pm »
Instead of making people choose between two meetups, why not have your meetup on a different day? That way neither meetup loses people who could potentially make it to both, and each meetup becomes more awesome because it has the maximum number of people.

I was thinking about having it on anther day, but unfortunately my schedule's already filled up around that time.  Plus I figured it's more fun to have a Hetalia Day meetup *on* Hetalia Day.  I'll probably try to organize more meetups later on though.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 07:37:08 pm »
The fact that all of those awesome things at Big Al's cost money make this a no-go for me. >.o Also the public transportation isn't very convenient, especially getting from the park to Big Al's. So yeah, me and at least some of my friends wouldn't be able to come to this. Sorry. : \
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 07:42:01 pm »
Hey zaph, this is Nekokyuuketsuki13 from DA.

Maybe you can have it at a park or something...Like Lloyd/Holladay Park?
I still don't like Big Al's and I wont have any money anyways, so I wouldn't really be able to do anything fun...

And Xan, you could totally just do a casual version. I probably will for Greece. You could totally use the Rin wig and be Poland!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 07:18:26 pm »
I can't come if It's on sunday, I'm busy all sundays until the new year T_T
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline zapheil

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 07:11:31 pm »
Hey zaph, this is Nekokyuuketsuki13 from DA.

Maybe you can have it at a park or something...Like Lloyd/Holladay Park?
I still don't like Big Al's and I wont have any money anyways, so I wouldn't really be able to do anything fun...

And Xan, you could totally just do a casual version. I probably will for Greece. You could totally use the Rin wig and be Poland!

Well, we will be going to the nature park beforehand, and we'll probably hang out there for a while, at least.  But like I said, I'm gonna try and make some more meetups later on too, so I'll keep the parks idea in mind!

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:25:05 pm »
aw dam its kinda far away for me still ;^; u ppl must enjoy tormenting me lol
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 12:49:17 pm »
I actually live in beaverton... but, i have omsi on sundays. so im a no go. but i really wanna go. just so i can say "VVVVOOOOOODDDDDDDDKKKKKKAAAAA!!!!" and have someone respond with "PPPPPPPAAAAAASSSSSTTTTTTAAAAAA!!!!!" man.... now i really wanna work on an england cosplay.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate