Author Topic: First time entering the cosplay contest!  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Chocoboholic

• Cabbit
First time entering the cosplay contest!
« on: August 12, 2005, 01:07:38 pm »
I've been working hard on my costume all year, and I finally decided I should enter the Cosplay contest as a walk on.  :?

Granted, I'm still very, very nervous. I've never entered before. Any advice? How does it work? What do I need to bring? How much proof of me making the cosutme myself do I need, if any at all?

What do I do if I am having a lot of trouble finding refrence pictures I can show to judges?
Current unrealistic Cosplay Dream:
Bahamut from FFX

Offline Nocturne

• Sailor Scout
Re: First time entering the cosplay contest!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 01:21:24 pm »
Quote from: "Chocoboholic"
I've been working hard on my costume all year, and I finally decided I should enter the Cosplay contest as a walk on.  :?

Granted, I'm still very, very nervous. I've never entered before. Any advice? How does it work? What do I need to bring? How much proof of me making the cosutme myself do I need, if any at all?

What do I do if I am having a lot of trouble finding refrence pictures I can show to judges?

^^ Its going to be my first time as a walk on too! I'm so excited. But I've done some research, and I think I can help you!
In the rules it says that you have to have a reference picture to show the judges. That's all you need, as I understand it.
I'm going as Gunner Yuna. You?
Hero! Summoner! Doormat...

Offline Chocoboholic

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 02:01:52 pm »
Lucil, the Chocobo Knight captian in Ten.

I'll have two sets for her costume, the one in the contest will involve a very, very large Chocobo.
Bahamut from FFX

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 10:14:02 am »
So, what kind of materials are you using?

Offline Chocoboholic

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 02:03:10 am »
Lots of polar fleece for the chocobo, and a fabric normally used for seat covers (Kind of a pleather fabric) for Luceil's leather outfit, However sadly I'm running into one heak of a problem with this costume at the moment, and am afraid it might not get done in time.

If all else fails, the chocobo -is- done at least, so not all is lost.
Bahamut from FFX