Author Topic: Getting into 18+ events  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Kendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/AirsoftWallabee
Getting into 18+ events
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:44:01 pm »
How does this con go about distinguising person's ages? I think I heard mention of 'different colored badges.' Should I just bring an ID to prove my age, or are the badges different colors so I won't need to?
Saturday, Monday Cosplay: Karen-Soul Link
Sunday Cosplay:"Save Point" Moogle-FFIX

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 08:49:47 pm »
u will need your ide to get your badge

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 09:01:36 pm »
Um, do we even have 18+ events?

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 09:02:37 pm »
If nothing else, the con will likely be having events until 2am - which is past the 12 midnite curfew for under-18s.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 09:14:25 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

Eheh...eheh eheh........... last I checked.....
<_<
>_>
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 09:44:57 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Quote from: "Negima"

Eheh...eheh eheh........... last I checked.....
<_<
>_>

I meant official.  I figure there'll be some "other" events taking place in rooms.  :wink:

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 12:07:45 am »
There will be at least one hentai panel.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 12:57:14 am »
If you smell nicotine or hear suggestive moaning, chances are it's an 18+ thing.

As to whether or not it's an "official" con function...well, who am I to confirm or deny? Just don't make me the straw man.  :P

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 04:19:03 am »
Um.....I'm going with my sister and her friends to the con who are all 20-23 years old. And I'm fifteen. There is no chance that they r going to go in just because i supposedly have to be in at midnight. And they wont leave me in the hotel room either, not alone in Portland.

This is their last chance to go to a con, next summer they will be in England. So i doubt they will go in at midnight if stuff is still going on. And all this 18 over anime stuff, I have seen it all beleive me. Can't 13 year olds and older or something just hang out tell 2am if they are with someone over 18??? Thats pretty unfair.  :oops:  :cry:

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 07:44:56 pm »
There are only certain panels that are age restricted, and it's mainly just the actual event space that we can't have minors in after midnight, there are still lobbies and the rooms of new friends you'll meet at the convention.

It is an inconvienence for minors, but we try to make it less painful for people.
~Sean Larson~

Offline master-shake

• Cabbit
Getting into 18+ events
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 02:06:08 pm »
Quote from: "kimiski"
Thats pretty unfair.  :oops:  :cry:

Well, as far as I understand the cerfew for people under 18 in the hotel has a better grace period that being outside on the streets.. I think its.. 10pm? (somene correct me) - if your outside but inside you have until 11pm or 12?

something like that.. (this accounts for people being in hotels, or at movie theatesr/concert events, etc).

As far as 18+ events - seriously, all you're going to miss is a pannel talking about hentai fan fics. Or screenings of hentai anime. Of which - if you've read/seen one you've read/seen them all.  There's so much more going on - i mean, the 18+ stuff you can research on your own time online, unrestricted ANYWAY - so no reason to try to bring it to the con.. you know? Either way, good luck with your situation.. restrictions are a pain.. (but at the risk of offending anyone, i don't think you're going to miss much)

**edit - i say the above with regards to.. I mean we're talking about a 13 year old here, not a 17 year old - so before any hentai fanfic authors or rabid hentai fans jump down my throat, i think we're in agreement that a 13 year old isn't going to miss any thing by not being involved in this.. oh wait -she's 15. Well whatever.. nevermind! too much coffee..