Author Topic: Glee`  (Read 48020 times)

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Re: Glee`
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 03:24:00 pm »
I actually really liked the episode. I think they did a good job of incorporating several different views in a way that hopefully didn't offend anyone here.
Although the episode did confirm that Finn can't sing very well at all lol... but maybe that's just me.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 03:31:39 pm »
I actually really liked the episode. I think they did a good job of incorporating several different views in a way that hopefully didn't offend anyone here.
Although the episode did confirm that Finn can't sing very well at all lol... but maybe that's just me.

Agreed. It was actually the episode that squicked me the least. I don't recall another ep in which I was not squicked. An antidote to horrible Jacob squick last week!

Yeah, Finn's cute, love his character (except when he lapses into homophobia, but it's realistic, and he's trying to overcome it), but he's not the strongest singer of the bunch.
I LOL'd over Puck saying he was on a roll of only songs by Jewish artists. Perhaps he shares the passion my family does for knowing who's who/who's Jew (we used to read a site called JewWho for tihs). Didn't know about Billy Joel!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2010, 04:38:56 pm »
I still am not a huge fan of the 2nd season, but for right now I'm rolling with it.
I lost respect for Mercedes in the episode just because she kept pushing her beliefs on Kurt, when it seemed like he didn't want them. Although I see where she's coming from, I absolutely hate it when people do that to me.
I also gained a lot of respect for Kurt, and for Sue.

...Brit did not sing her Ke$ha solo though. Ho hum.
THAT MADE ME SAD ;n;
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:03:32 pm by soundninja12 »
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 06:16:39 pm »
Britney kind of looks like Kesha... or is it just me?

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 06:55:28 pm »
I think I'm okay without the Ke$ha solo, especially considering Kurt's dad. It would just seem a little awkward in the same episode (WAKE UP IN THE MORNIN' FEELING LIEK...) lol although what am I saying? There was a grilled cheezus.
I understand where Mercedes is coming from and can also see why Kurt might feel the way that he does (although I am not in the position to say that I understand where he's coming from because that would be ignorant). It's so hard seeing a friend in pain, especially one that you're really close to.
And I'm glad that someone agreed with me about Finn's voice. It bugged the hell outta me. Why is one of the main singers also one of the worst? D:
Hurry Artie, Puck, Kurt- Somebody get in there and fix this!

Btw I really look forward to those moments between Sue and her sister. They're always so touching ;A;

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2010, 08:40:32 pm »
Sue is totally my favorite. I love how opposite she is, and I loved everything she said in the Cheesus episode.
I think Jane Lynch (the actress) is hilarious.
I miss 2010.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2010, 11:31:15 pm »
Sue actually really got to me in this episode... especially when she was talking to Emma, it just kind of reminded me of similar conversations I've had with people.

I agree about Finn's voice... I don't think he's a horrible singer, but I never really find myself looking forward to any of his solo numbers. Though I do absolutely love that song. =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2010, 09:11:38 am »
MIKE AND TINA RELATIONSHIP TROUBLAN! PUCK'S IN JUVIE-AN! ARTIE BECOMING A MAN-AN! DUETAN! SAM HAVING A HUGE MOUTH-AN! RACHEL AND FIN OFFENSIVE-AN! BRITTANY AND SATANNA LESBIAN-AN! BRITTANY HAVING FEELINGS FOR ARTIE-AN! BRITTANY MAKING ME FEEL THINGS-AN!
Good episode was indeed good.
This post brought to you by CAPS LOCK CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL and Turning nouns into verbs-an.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2010, 09:26:20 am »
That, my dear sir, was beautiful.

I cried at the end, all pansy like.
I want Sam to be gaaaay. Please?
And I really don't want him to be with Quinn because she's a hoe.
It is going to be...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2010, 10:59:51 am »
(Spoilers).(1) No Sue, yet enjoyable & thought-provoking.(2) No squick.Phew!(3)Mike Chang really can't sing? Guess they'll keep him for the dance moves?(4) Interesting that the dissonance between Mike & Tina, who connected not in Glee Club but at Asian Camp, would be over Tina wanting to have less of an overt Asian emphasis in their plans than Mike does; I've known of similar minor tensions irl.(5) I <3 Brit more every ep. Never liked Artie; always felt his & Tina's pairing felt as false/forced as Tina's stutter. It wasn't fair for Santana to sabotage things for Brit & him; I'd prefer thinking it was because she reciprocated Brit's jealousy, but wouldn't be surprised if it were more like Rachel-type plotting. It looked like Brit did actually like (not love or anything, but like) Artie, & I would've been curious to hear them together. I resent Artie, who clearly gave consent to sex with someone he called his girlfriend, later publicly humiliating Brit about it & acting as if it were not consensual. & Brit has been totally open about her promiscuity (talking about it at Glee & in bed with Artie), so for him to hold that against her later was also unfair. Brit seemed truly (&logically) hurt & confused. Her wanting to do the Lady & The Tramp scene was too adorable for words & suggests longing for a real relationship/date. That she wanted to duet to a love/sex song by out-lesbian Melissa Etheridge, with Santana, & brought it up while making out with her, suggests along with other parts of the ep, that she's unilaterally in love with Santana. I feel sad for her. She was also self-deprecating about her intelligence at the start of the ep; her self-esteem could be quite low by the end of it...my childhood best friend who was promiscuous young never got over the taunting about it & ultimately suicided (may she rest in peace). So I really hope things happen to help Brit like herself more.(6)Santana +Mercedes=best duet by far.(7)Sam didn't mind Kurt talking to him in the shower. Confident guy comfortable with gays. Yay!(8 )Mike O'Malley still amazing!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:11:53 am by RemSaverem »
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2010, 12:07:29 pm »
That, my dear sir, was beautiful.

I cried at the end, all pansy like.
I want Sam to be gaaaay. Please?
And I really don't want him to be with Quinn because she's a hoe.
I actually really like Quinn XD
AND I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL PUCK COMES BACK! Look out, Sam! You're dead meat. Hahaha. <3
I really shouldn't be so excited for this. Sam is a cool guy. All in all, I really liked this episode.
Plus, hey, we already know that Kurt is getting a bf (and he's totes hot).

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2010, 12:32:14 pm »
Is anyone else just itching for him to show up? OMG it's driving me crazy!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:37:18 pm by DemonSpawn »
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2010, 12:55:45 pm »
Whether you mean Harry Potter from the Very Potter Musical or Puck, yes.

Anyone else catch Jane Lynch on Saturday Night Live? What did everyone think of that?

Anyone else planning to cosplay and sing & dance along for the Rocky Horror ep? I so totally will.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2010, 01:06:35 pm »
...Am I the only person in the world who hasn't seen Rocky Horror Picture Show?
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2010, 03:58:52 pm »
I was actually stunned that my exgirlfriend Arashi (a Creation Station panelist for Orycon) hasn't seen it. She'd be perfect for it, & vice-versa.

Here's some pics (some may consider pics spoilers) :
http://www.popsugar.com/Sugar-Shout-Out-Glee-Rocks-Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show-11425881

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »
...Am I the only person in the world who hasn't seen Rocky Horror Picture Show?
Maybe you should try to see it before the next episode of Glee comes out. I'll probably watch it again XD

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2010, 12:52:52 pm »
Are you shivering with antici......pation?
Here are the songs from The Rocky Horror Glee Show!
Obviously there are spoilers for who cosplays whom.
........................SPOILER WARNING............
http://www.gleethemusic.com/us/episode/rocky-horror-glee-show

I was stunned with whom they picked for Sweet Transvestite. My favorite voice on the show, but I had been looking forward to seeing someone male in drag...though I did drag kings as well (and have done drag/crossplay myself).

What's most odd to me is that they went out of their way to replace "transsexual" with "sensational", but yet left in "satanic mechanic"???? Bizarre.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2010, 01:15:52 pm »
Well first off, That is a horrible change for the song.

Secondly, you can't really call it cosplay as the characters are performing the play itself.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:21:18 pm by Classy Viking »
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2010, 01:20:37 pm »
Ok. They also made some of the lyrics to Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me more chaste, replacing "petting", "seat-wetting", and "hand".
They very much changed the vocals in Time Warp as well.
Nonetheless this should be incredibly fun.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2010, 08:07:55 pm »
Dissapointed by re-run. :c
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2010, 08:11:30 pm »
^ Word
It is going to be...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2010, 12:50:32 am »
I had never seen "Hairography", except for the "Papa Don't Preach" scene. Ironically, not knowing they'd be airing that ep, I'd already been wearing my sweatshirt from the Chicago stage show of "Hair", for which I'd been on stage dancing with Woof and my pal Edye for "Let the Sunshine In". "Imagine" was great. I've seen live a deaf choir/dance troupe, all African-Americans: The Wild Zappers, if I recall correctly. They played the Green Show at the Shakespeare Fest and were great.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2010, 06:00:01 pm »
Rocky Horror episode was win. Just sayin'.

Save Caprica!!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2010, 06:14:01 pm »
I actually thought it was kind of lame.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2010, 06:18:37 pm »
Why? I thought that the lyric changes were necessary for a family oriented show. Yes, I was disappointed by some of them, but I understood why they took some of it out. The performances were spot on in my opinion, and I loved almost every number.

Save Caprica!!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2010, 07:58:39 pm »
Oh the lyric changes didn't bother me at all, just the way that people (mostly the adults) were acting bugged me. I liked the music and singing too, but the whole idea for the episode seemed kinda dumb. It was a bad idea based on another bad idea and ended up feeling like a waste of an episode.

Maybe it's because I didn't watch most of the first season, but I honestly don't care much about the teacher and his idiotic ways, I care about the kids in the club and them growing and changing and singing cool songs.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:01 pm »
Ah...
Well it's the first season where you really bond with the teacher.

Save Caprica!!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2010, 08:50:29 pm »
It just seems like he's more immature than the students.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2010, 08:55:36 pm »
Sometimes, but you have to feel for him when he left his wife for her and then after some girl sleeps in his bed she brakes up with him and kind of leaves him screwed >.<

Save Caprica!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2010, 09:47:59 pm »
I had read that the ep had come about because "Emma" sang Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me as her audition song, so I knew that was coming, but I was impressed by it, and especially Brittany & Santana were so cute during it. Chris Colfer had told the press the song he'd most wanted to do was The Time Warp, and of everyone, I felt he tried most to match the original. Though it felt odd that he'd object to being in the corset, given other thing's he'd worn in the hall, especially during "Theatricality". But wow, Amber Riley sure has pipes. BTW, I was Magenta in The Time Warp in 6th grade for the talent show, and other pals did Eddie's Teddy, and our Junior High did not attack nor censor.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2010, 06:54:28 am »
I was amazingly disappointed.
I agree with Katie, the numbers were okay (I was disappointed by the lack of Sam singing, and I really hated the changes in 'Touch-a-touch-me' x.x, though I liked that Emma sung it) but I didn't like the plot of the episode. There was nothing even interesting about the plot line and I was disappointed.
I also didn't like that Mercedes played Frank-n-Furter. I seriously thought that Kurt should have played him.
I also didn't like the plot parts with Finn and Sam. It didn't seem serious enough to e talking about weight problems (I thought that if they're going to do an episode about that they should focus on it more seriously), nor did I like Carl or whatever being part of the production. It seemed inappropriate, as was Shue being Rocky.
*sigh*
I just wasn't a big fan of the episode.
It is going to be...

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2010, 07:22:14 am »
I haven't seen the movie it was based on so I guess I didn't see much wrong with it because of that, but I do LOVE Emma's voice. Her singing was my favorite part.
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2010, 10:08:53 am »
I agree with DS. Part of the fun for me was that characters we do not normally think of as among the singers on the show (Emma & Carl) got to rock out.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2010, 02:23:03 pm »
I agree about the teachers. It was just weird. In season 1, the chemistry between Emma and Shue was adorable. Now it just bugs the hell out of me... but that might be because I like Carl more.
I didn't really care for the episode and I almost feel like the writers didn't plan for a second season, because it's significantly lacking in material.
I don't know. Oh, I also didn't like Mercedes playing Frank-N-Furter. Shue being Rocky felt kind of creepy. HE'S A TEACHER. YUCK.
I think Jon Stamos and Emma did a good job on their solo parts though.
AND PUCK IS COMING BACK FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. 'BOUT TIME. \o/

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2010, 02:33:31 pm »
Remember they are skipping a week for elections. I believe Darren Criss debuts Nov 9.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2010, 10:20:15 am »
Maybe I'm disappointed because I assumed it was going to just be "Glee performs Rocky Horror," like them doing the whole show.

I wish they would, it'd be amazing >:
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2010, 08:08:24 pm »
GLEEEEE. :D
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2010, 08:15:37 pm »
Loving this ep!

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2010, 08:21:10 pm »
Darren Criss made my WEEK.
He is so fabulous.
I miss 2010.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2010, 08:23:36 pm »
HE IS AMAZINNNG

The hand holding scene made my week as well

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2010, 08:23:49 pm »
Darren Criss made my WEEK.
He is so fabulous.

Melting.....that performance was awesome. I never thought I'd actually be rooting for Kurt to transfer....One Love was great too

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2010, 08:54:10 pm »
JUST.THREW.UP.IN.MY.MOUTH.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2010, 09:02:25 pm »
THAT EPISODE WAS SO CRAZY!
I miss 2010.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2010, 09:06:28 pm »
BEST EVER.

They only sang like three songs but who cares omg.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2010, 09:06:58 pm »
I LOVED IT SO MUCH.

The Courage shrine made me just die.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2010, 09:07:54 pm »
Man, Glee just been sloppy recently. This whole episode only felt half done.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2010, 09:08:41 pm »
Courage shrine = the cutest thing in the world.
B'awwwww <3
Kiss filled episode. Also "WTH" filled and "b'awww" filled.
It is going to be...

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2010, 09:10:25 pm »
Man, Glee just been sloppy recently. This whole episode only felt half done.
Screw you it was amazing.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2010, 09:11:34 pm »
So many adorable yet terrifying moments in one episode.... DARREN CRISS IS ADORABLEEEEEEEE! =]

My mom and I just about died at the courage text.
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2010, 09:16:11 pm »
I LOVED IT SO MUCH.

The Courage shrine made me just die.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOLLOW.....

LOOK AWAY IF YOU PREFER.....

I knew I'd love Blaine, but seriously, wow. He is dreamy.
This is the first episode in which I actually liked Artie all the way through.
I could actually "buy" him & Puck aligning.
Sue is so gonna cream Shue for Bieste staying.
And the shock kiss...seriously...I just...held my breath. I mean, I do believe that most bullies are, shall we say, overcompensating. But holy crap.
The saddest part of the whole ep for me was that Kurt would consider that virtually assaultive kiss more "real" than consensually experimenting with Brit.