Author Topic: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread  (Read 347702 times)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
Re: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread
« Reply #2500 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:48 pm »
@chromo: i would've loved to join you in ballroom attire, but i already wear queen victoria for day 0 and partially on day 1 in the morning x.x

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2501 on: August 22, 2011, 08:34:30 pm »
OMG I love my serger guys! 240 inches of blindhemming in 30 min? YES PLEASE!! I'm also going to be doing a lot of ruffling on my serger tonight too! I had to go get more netting and lining fabric, but now I'm all set. :D I think I'm ahead of where I thought I would be too, which is great. Starting to get super stressed. SO MUCH TO DOOOOOOO

I have so much serger envy going on right now. You have no idea.

Also, my keyblade is a little closer to completion. I'll put another coat of resin on the handle before I call it a night, and then see about doing a generous amount of sanding tomorrow. I also have a dentist's appointment and I have like a dress and stuff to make and a coat to finish but you know what? I'm all over that stuff.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2502 on: August 22, 2011, 08:43:42 pm »
Well, if you're near campus and want to use it, and I'm not using it, you're welcome to. I only have black and white cones of thread though. And one pink cone.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2503 on: August 22, 2011, 09:47:56 pm »
Heather skirt altered!

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2504 on: August 22, 2011, 09:49:40 pm »
I know I should be commenting on your cosplay, but...holy crap, your pajama pants. Oh my.  :o Awesome.

And the top looks good so far, too. Nice progress.
lol Thanks. XP I stole them from Griff cause they are baggy and comfy. I didn't get any of my own until recently (Hello Kitty) but they are in the wash. Even still, I enjoy stealing his from time to time.

It's not really cosplay progress but more so Panel progress.
Work (I work at GameStop ;D) was having a buy 2 get 2 free PS2 sale and I bought KH2 and KHCoM cause I didn't own them. Now I will understand more in helping out with the KH panel Luv/Doe is putting on. XP (I also got Xenosaga Episode 1 and Tales of the Abyss)
Plus, I plan to cosplay Roxas some day and this will help me in understanding him a bit more rather than just from reading articles.

And for cosplay progress...
I drew up a design for my new Magnet Luka dress I'm making. :P
Another halter dress but this time it will go around my neck like a choker and it will be short and poofy instead of long and with a slit.
I'm trying to make it match two Miku dresses (cause two of my friends cosplay her and I am Luka for both of them) so I had to redo it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:51:19 pm by Gryffinclaw Princess »

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2505 on: August 22, 2011, 11:15:35 pm »
So today I picked up my circle lenses from the post office, I'm scared and excited about them at the same time. I'm going to try them on for the first time tomorrow!
My new leotard for Raven also came in, and I sewed down the bows on Stocking and fixed the hat.

I realized I'm out of town the week before Kumoricon, so I actually have less than a week to finish everything.

My main problem is that I somehow need to get to Fabric Depot to get more fabric for Raven's cloak along with new fabric paint for her shoes since the old kind is too bright.

Tomorrow I cast resin and try to bs my way through Raven's cloak just in case I don't have time to get more fabric ;A;
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2506 on: August 22, 2011, 11:44:25 pm »
Spent the night making a mock up bodice for my B.Jenet dress. It's....a lot easier then I thought it was gonna be! I think I will easily get it done before Kumoricon. I'm going to go buy a sticky bra on my way home from work tomorrow and finish my mockup bodice and hopefully get it all cut out tomorrow~

I'm so freaking stoked for KoF cosplay! We are going to have a small but awesome group :D
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Edward24

• Cabbit
« Reply #2507 on: August 22, 2011, 11:50:42 pm »
So today I picked up my circle lenses from the post office, I'm scared and excited about them at the same time. I'm going to try them on for the first time tomorrow!
My new leotard for Raven also came in, and I sewed down the bows on Stocking and fixed the hat.

I realized I'm out of town the week before Kumoricon, so I actually have less than a week to finish everything.

My main problem is that I somehow need to get to Fabric Depot to get more fabric for Raven's cloak along with new fabric paint for her shoes since the old kind is too bright.

Tomorrow I cast resin and try to bs my way through Raven's cloak just in case I don't have time to get more fabric ;A;

Good luck!
Kumoricon 2015:

Chihiro (Spirited Away)
Hiccup (How to Train Your Dragon)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2508 on: August 22, 2011, 11:51:32 pm »

Good luck!
Thank you! I'm one of those "oh everything will turn out fine..." airheaded people so now I'm like "OH I DO NEED TO WORK DON'T I?"
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2509 on: August 22, 2011, 11:55:10 pm »
I know that feel bro, and not just because I suddenly started a whole new costume like two days ago.

Offline Edward24

• Cabbit
« Reply #2510 on: August 22, 2011, 11:57:23 pm »

Good luck!
Thank you! I'm one of those "oh everything will turn out fine..." airheaded people so now I'm like "OH I DO NEED TO WORK DON'T I?"

That's how I am too. "Oh wait I don't have Ed's shoes. Oh well I'll just use my leather shoes I have they are black, no one should notice." lol
Kumoricon 2015:

Chihiro (Spirited Away)
Hiccup (How to Train Your Dragon)

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #2511 on: August 23, 2011, 12:21:48 am »
Restyling Sora x.x I messed up sooooo I had to wash it out today OTL;;;;;
Layer 1 of his bangs is drying atm.
I still need to repaint my keyblades and finish the shirts my sister and I are wearing for "casual" Kingdom Hearts. Only 1 shirt is done and 1 shirt is 1/2 done. So I need to do 5.5 more shirts x.x;;

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2512 on: August 23, 2011, 12:23:03 am »
I am finally finished with Karin, Claude, and Aya! :D Now to finish up Tifa, Kotonoha, and some parts of Serah!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2513 on: August 23, 2011, 12:26:38 am »
Got HRE's cloak done :) Did I say that already?
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #2514 on: August 23, 2011, 08:20:26 am »
I just have little things to do, but I have no motivation to do them. xP
Hopefully today I can get more work done. (=
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2515 on: August 23, 2011, 08:47:09 am »
Darn Happy Hour!!  I didn't get home till late.  So I only got a bit of paint on my cross last night.  Gonna go full force tonight.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2516 on: August 23, 2011, 10:29:40 am »
The arm sock things for my secret cosplay are almost done and the coat needs two more pieces of binding around the arm holes and then it's finished too. Then I get to start on the dress! Joy of joys, yanno. God I'm gonna hate patterning this thing.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2517 on: August 23, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »
Bought my Umbreon makeup from Let's Party today. They were out of spirit gum for attaching my circles to my skin and I'm almost out of the stuff. D: I am going to see if a friend will order it for me off Amazon with their prime account since they get 2 day shipping for free with that and I'll just pay them back for it. DX

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #2518 on: August 23, 2011, 02:07:52 pm »
getting some silver on my sword now here is the pommel before and after weathering.

Way too silver

A bit better.

sorry for the blurry pics cell pics are all I've got right now.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2519 on: August 23, 2011, 02:48:40 pm »
I love love love liquid leafing. I will never use acrylic paint again if I can find the color in the liquid leaf. I am adding weathering to my x-2 blades and it is so easy to make it look like the red paint has worn to reveal the silver metal under with the liquid leafing. :3 One side of both blades is done then I am going to start on the other side.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2520 on: August 23, 2011, 02:50:35 pm »
Awesome! Can't wait to see the result. I may pick up the liquid leafing tip for the future. Sounds promising.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #2521 on: August 23, 2011, 03:28:57 pm »
Don't know that I've ever heard of liquid leafing. I'll have to look into it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2522 on: August 23, 2011, 03:51:04 pm »
its AMAZING. A little bit goes a long way, so when you are trying to just make a faded silver look it can take a while to get enough off the brush. I think the blades are close to being done. I need to get some bolt looking things to put the final details on and then they should be ready for the gloss.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2523 on: August 23, 2011, 05:06:53 pm »
Medusa is close to done. Contacts on their way and I know where to get bracelets and body paint for her. I just need to sew all the pieces together for her hoodie and out the eyes on. Best quickie last minute cosplay ever.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2524 on: August 23, 2011, 08:11:03 pm »
One side of the blades is done. If I had more time and more money I would put resin over the top of them to make them even smoother but I don't, they looks a little bumpy but I am satisfied with them. Let me know if they look alright or if I should work on them more.

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #2525 on: August 23, 2011, 08:16:45 pm »
I think they look fantastic! Now let me ask you.. I have a sword replica for grimjow and since his voice actor is at the con i want to get the sheath signed however I am worried it will just rub off any ideas on something to smooth over the autograph to keep it on there
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #2526 on: August 23, 2011, 08:37:55 pm »
I made.... a jacket, a sailor collar, and....imma finish a skirt up today as well as sew together a simple dress XD
Just..hope everything gets done...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2527 on: August 23, 2011, 08:40:22 pm »
I think they look fantastic! Now let me ask you.. I have a sword replica for grimjow and since his voice actor is at the con i want to get the sheath signed however I am worried it will just rub off any ideas on something to smooth over the autograph to keep it on there
any glaze should do the trick

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2528 on: August 23, 2011, 08:41:04 pm »
any glaze should do the trick

Was just going to say that. Any gloss or spray-on sealer should do.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:41:47 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #2529 on: August 23, 2011, 08:48:39 pm »
Thank you  ;D
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2530 on: August 23, 2011, 09:01:34 pm »

Keyblade still needs work. Lots of it. But at least it's like starting to be really smooth now.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2531 on: August 23, 2011, 09:24:25 pm »

Hella terrible B.Jenet mockup that I don't feel like hemming or sewing the darts in since I'd have to yank 'em all out in 15 minutes anyways. I threw this together in about an hour to see where I wanted the seams to be, I figure when I actually spend time on it it will look better :D
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #2532 on: August 23, 2011, 10:15:50 pm »

Keyblade still needs work. Lots of it. But at least it's like starting to be really smooth now.
it looks wonderful~ n.n what are you making it out of?

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2533 on: August 23, 2011, 10:23:02 pm »
I might as well put this on here for fun. I MAY cosplay her this year, depending on if I feel like it in the end since I have her costume complete. But next year I'm most defiantly cosplaying her.

This is my completed Yuna staff. Wish I could have shown all of the staff, but my room is a total mess so I tried my best getting the picture with out showing my messy room. ^_^'' (Yeah I know it's not perfect, but it's the best I could do since this is my first time making a prop for a costume)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2534 on: August 23, 2011, 10:26:47 pm »

Hella terrible B.Jenet mockup that I don't feel like hemming or sewing the darts in since I'd have to yank 'em all out in 15 minutes anyways. I threw this together in about an hour to see where I wanted the seams to be, I figure when I actually spend time on it it will look better :D

That's definitely true; practice attempts are a great way to adjust plans for the real McCoy.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2535 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:05 pm »

PINUP ENGINEER = BAM DONE.

Tomorrow I just have to do the one thing left for Miku (adding elastic to the sleeves of the dress) and I'm done with her too! I'm getting close to being done with everything but Raven, but I'm panicking a little about Raven... I'm not going to be happy with her til I have time to remake stuff, but it'll work for now.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2536 on: August 23, 2011, 11:19:13 pm »
I might as well put this on here for fun. I MAY cosplay her this year, depending on if I feel like it in the end since I have her costume complete. But next year I'm most defiantly cosplaying her.

This is my completed Yuna staff. Wish I could have shown all of the staff, but my room is a total mess so I tried my best getting the picture with out showing my messy room. ^_^'' (Yeah I know it's not perfect, but it's the best I could do since this is my first time making a prop for a costume)

i have a yuna earring you may borrow if you are planning on cosplaying her ^^

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2537 on: August 23, 2011, 11:22:38 pm »

(Picture)

Thank you for the offer, but I actually have her earring already. ^_^

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2538 on: August 23, 2011, 11:43:56 pm »
So, progress made, but not as much as I had planned to be done because NETTING IS FREAKING ANNOYING AND DOESN'T LIKE TO BE PINNED TO MORE NETTING!!!!  >:(

Okay, deep breath. Yesterday I got almost all of the pieces for Miku's skirt cut out, and I did the train. Here it is all folded up (helpful, I know):

And last week I dyed the rest of my lace:

More: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/bunny_7373/DSCN2400.jpg

And today I made this mess (my factory [ie living room] covered in netting):

More: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/bunny_7373/DSCN2618.jpg

And that mess turned into this mass of basted net ruffles:

Tomorrow I'm going to finish the petticoat part of the skirt and do the top skirt. The top skirt is a lot less work than the petticoat. -_-
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2539 on: August 24, 2011, 12:28:41 am »
Well I tried to work on Sailor V but I think I have to scrap her for this year... :/
Some things just aren't going together how they should and I don't have enough fabric to remake the parts that need to be remade.
Unless by some miracle I can get more fabric and start her over from scratch, it looks like she'll have to wait until next year.

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2540 on: August 24, 2011, 12:30:42 am »
Dropped Tifa due to being unable to get the wig and gloves (costume's mostly done though). Celes is almost done, and I'll be borrowing my girlfriend's wig for her. Uh... Kayako's done. Sadako is pretty much done, just need to hem. Yuna's embroidery is taking a **** LONG TIME >>
Kayako:

Sadako:

Yuna's Haircut (without the intense con-styling):
KumoriCon 2012

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2541 on: August 24, 2011, 12:37:06 am »
For Tifa, I just need to layer the top part of her wig and work a little on her boots. For Kotonoha, I need to make the saw a bit more realistic looking and also about to hem her coat; in addition, alter the coat to fit me as well. For Serah, I decided just to use safety pins to make her silk vest thing to look fit and style her wig as well.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2542 on: August 24, 2011, 12:45:35 am »
I worked on Kokonoe's tail today. I didn't get as much done as I wanted. My new roommates kept distracting me with interwebs fun. XD But I have the next three days off so I'm going to bust butt and get as much done as I can so I can actually do all the cosplays I want this year.
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2543 on: August 24, 2011, 01:13:09 am »

(Picture)

Thank you for the offer, but I actually have her earring already. ^_^
sweet ^^ can't wait to see it :3

oslapedo

« Reply #2544 on: August 24, 2011, 02:43:07 am »
yawnyawnyawn, Starfire stuff

Handsewing takes so long but I'm not confident enough with a machine to make a stretch fabric costume on it yet. Gotta hem some more parts on the top and skirt, make the collar, make the belt, make the boot covers, reapply the gems, fix my wig, test out my orange tan junk, and figure out how to do the eyebrows.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2545 on: August 24, 2011, 07:08:18 am »
Dropped Tifa due to being unable to get the wig and gloves (costume's mostly done though).

Well, hopefully you'll get it next year, right!

Kayako:

NICE!!!

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2546 on: August 24, 2011, 07:14:13 am »
xD Thanks.

Nearly done with the green leaf embroidery on the smaller bow of Yuna's obi. Then onto the big one, and the around the stomach part.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2547 on: August 24, 2011, 07:22:19 am »
You're welcome!

So, for Sailor Neptune, the most recent thing that I've done is gotten my eyebrows waxed.  They aren't as thin as I'd hoped, but my left eye-area was starting to burn, so I'm calling it good enough.  Now all that I need is to shave my arms and face.

As for Phoenix Wright, I need to style my hair some time and see where it needs trimmed.  I probably won't even consider doing this until after tomorrow because I have an interview at Little Caesar's Pizza (for a management position).

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2548 on: August 24, 2011, 09:21:28 am »

it looks wonderful~ n.n what are you making it out of?

MDF board, bondo, PVC pipe, apoxie sculpt, spackle, fiberglass resin and prayers.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2549 on: August 24, 2011, 09:50:40 am »
Been painting Ox King's horns since yesterday. They're looking good. I would have liked to sculpt them since no pre-made viking helmet horns are the right shape, but I just didn't have time/money and had to settle. I won't be wearing Ox King all that much I'm expecting, so no biggie. for what I'm working with though, I think they look good. Just need to get a hat and put it all together.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!