Author Topic: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread  (Read 347739 times)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread
« Reply #2600 on: August 25, 2011, 04:17:05 pm »
Vest and shirt

Oh man, now that is some handy work. She made that entire vest? It's so pretty and well made, like she bought it at a store. *w*
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2601 on: August 25, 2011, 05:15:16 pm »
No, of course not!  If I did, I'd be poking at the one on the right, too.  The left one just looks like someone sent you a text image with Gendo wearing a speedo and dancing the Macarena.

LOL

Thank you!  Some times these things come to me when I'm tired after working a long shift.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2602 on: August 25, 2011, 05:58:28 pm »
Oh man, now that is some handy work. She made that entire vest? It's so pretty and well made, like she bought it at a store. *w*

Yup. The vest she made from scratch, and the only pieces she has bought have been the boots and the white undershirt, both of which she modified to suit the costume. She added the frilly collar, bow and cuffs to the white shirt, and added the cuffs and buckles to the boots.

I'll pass on your compliments!  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2603 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:33 pm »
I couldn't do it. I just couldn't leave the blades th way they are. I am putting resin laers over them to help smooth them out. Sadly the only kind of resin I have is very very smelly, its not easy cast :< But one maybe two layers sanded should be perfect. Then I will repaint and put one more layer on I think just for the really nice gloss finish.

Also I worked on my wig a bit today. I am still trimming the pony tail a bit but I am pretty happy with how it looks. It isn't as choppy as it looks here
Front:

Back:

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #2604 on: August 25, 2011, 07:40:27 pm »
even if it still had the choppy look id say it would fit rikku fine, but its looking great nikki!

also i can officaly say everthing for con is done!!!!!
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2605 on: August 25, 2011, 09:02:16 pm »
Alright. All I have left of the skirt for Miku is the cage skirt, cutting out the waistband, gathering and stitching the skirts to the waistband, and putting in the zipper. :) Just realized that the cage skirt is going to be going over the side that I planned the zipper on... so we'll see how that turns out. XP I should be okay. Anywho, here's some pics:

Petticoat:

More: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/bunny_7373/DSCN2623.jpg

Pile of ruffles I had this morning:

Top skirt +train (folded up):

Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2606 on: August 25, 2011, 09:33:53 pm »
Finally finished the skeleton for Kokonoe's god damn tail. Also finished one ear. The ears are a loooot easier, so it'll get done soon(ish) tonight. Then I plan to sew Maka's vest that I cut out earlier and and then cut out the needed pieces for Lucy's shirt. I'm thinking an all nighter since I don't work tomorrow either.
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2607 on: August 25, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »
Finished Barret's bullet belt today. I like it. It turned out well, and I am just thankful that I have a family friend who hunts all the time and had 12 gauge shells to spare for this project's sake (and yes, they are empty....I'm not crazy enough to bring live ammo to a convention, lol).

I was going to go one step further with this belt and put his little pouches on as well, but they were looking not so great, and I think the belt looks better/more realistic without them.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2608 on: August 25, 2011, 09:52:41 pm »
Finished Barret's bullet belt today. I like it. It turned out well, and I am just thankful that I have a family friend who hunts all the time and had 12 gauge shells to spare for this project's sake (and yes, they are empty....I'm not crazy enough to bring live ammo to a convention, lol).

I was going to go one step further with this belt and put his little pouches on as well, but they were looking not so great, and I think the belt looks better/more realistic without them.

I love it  :D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2609 on: August 25, 2011, 10:01:08 pm »
Thaaanks ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #2610 on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:42 pm »
Ughhhh.... I'm really not liking how my cosplay is coming together, I feel like it all just looks really thrown together, particularly the belt. I thought vinyl would work well, but I can't keep it from bunching weird and just looking awful. The shirt looks alright, and I still need to paint the collar on it, but right now I'm just really frustrated. =/

Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2611 on: August 25, 2011, 10:42:02 pm »
i think it looks good :) besides you're probably feeling exhausted, and it's pretty late in the night, and you probably feel like it's being rushed cuz of the deadline. it looks fine! ^_^

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #2612 on: August 25, 2011, 10:47:08 pm »
besides you're probably feeling exhausted, and it's pretty late in the night, and you probably feel like it's being rushed cuz of the deadline.

This is what my mom said.... I walked upstairs and she was like "You're trippin'."

You know when your 45 year old mother says "trippin'" that things are serious. lol.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2613 on: August 25, 2011, 10:55:04 pm »
besides you're probably feeling exhausted, and it's pretty late in the night, and you probably feel like it's being rushed cuz of the deadline.

This is what my mom said.... I walked upstairs and she was like "You're trippin'."

You know when your 45 year old mother says "trippin'" that things are serious. lol.

MOST SERIOUS. O.O

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2614 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:14 pm »
@dubaby: lol XD i use trippin only in a funny way XD

almost finished putting together my last minute ninetales cosplay >.< hope it looks okay so far >//<

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2615 on: August 25, 2011, 11:04:19 pm »
Yup. The vest she made from scratch, and the only pieces she has bought have been the boots and the white undershirt, both of which she modified to suit the costume. She added the frilly collar, bow and cuffs to the white shirt, and added the cuffs and buckles to the boots.

I'll pass on your compliments!  ;D
It's completely radical, I'm loving the work she's done.

Alright. All I have left of the skirt for Miku is the cage skirt, cutting out the waistband, gathering and stitching the skirts to the waistband, and putting in the zipper. :) Just realized that the cage skirt is going to be going over the side that I planned the zipper on... so we'll see how that turns out. XP I should be okay. Anywho, here's some pics:
I am really excited to see the finished product.
da/tumblr

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2616 on: August 25, 2011, 11:34:04 pm »
@tofu: Thanks! I'm really excited too. XD I hope the petticoat is super duper poofy. If it's not and I have to wear another petti underneath I'm going to be irritated. >_<
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2617 on: August 25, 2011, 11:57:44 pm »
I'm going to take some pictures of the ears and tail for Kokonoe after I get the craft foam on, but I'm already tripping out over how cool they look. Once I get the felt on I will feel so absolutely freaking accomplished that if anyone at con makes a crack at them I will severely hurt them with lots of sharp pointy objects. Hot damn I'm proud of this. XD
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2618 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:14 am »
@tofu: Thanks! I'm really excited too. XD I hope the petticoat is super duper poofy. If it's not and I have to wear another petti underneath I'm going to be irritated. >_<
It's never fun when one petti coat isn't fluffy enough. Where did you get it from?
da/tumblr

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2619 on: August 26, 2011, 01:00:08 am »
My Kotonoha Katsura cosplay is complete! Now working on Claude's pink PJs.

oslapedo

« Reply #2620 on: August 26, 2011, 01:19:04 am »

Front:

That wig looks really good on you, matches your skintone.

Ughhhh.... I'm really not liking how my cosplay is coming together, I feel like it all just looks really thrown together, particularly the belt. I thought vinyl would work well, but I can't keep it from bunching weird and just looking awful. The shirt looks alright, and I still need to paint the collar on it, but right now I'm just really frustrated. =/

Bunching tends to happen with nonstretch materials if it's not precisely patterned out. Maybe adding slits would help? I don't really know what I'm talking about so maybe not, haha ~

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2621 on: August 26, 2011, 01:48:11 am »
I've finally made some progress on one of my cosplays.

I have the apron and skintone tanktop for my Drunk/waiter Britian. All I need now are the wrist cuffs,the neck tie thingy,binding,and some sort of pantyhose/skintone shorts to cover what the apron doesn't. I also have to get my hair cut and dyed.  This is going to be so hard to finish.And I also have to work on my America as well. -_-
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2622 on: August 26, 2011, 02:44:35 am »
This is my Claude Faustus contacts.

This is my Serah Farron and Aya Brea contacts.

And this is my completed boots and elbow guard for Tifa. Not the best, but it will do. :3

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:46:02 am by OokamiYami »

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #2623 on: August 26, 2011, 02:53:56 am »
So after spending the night glaring at my belt, I decided to toy around with some model magic and do a quick mock-up to see if that worked better. It looks smoother for sure, granted there are still lumps and such, but beings it's almost 3am I'm going to let it set out overnight and see how it looks in the morning. If it seems to work, then I'll grab some more model magic from Michael's tomorrow so that I can do the belt properly without having as many lumps. =]

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:05:42 am by Dubaby »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2624 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:53 am »
@OokamiYami: Those contacts are amazing. They are so deep and colorful, they look very lifelike for contacts. ^_^ And also, your Tifa boots and elbow-piece look awesome. I really like how the armor turned out.

@Dubaby: That mock-up does look considerably better, I'd say. It did seem like the front was more of a buckle than actual cloth in the picture reference, so I think making it out of something solid and hard like that will end up looking a lot better.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:41:09 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #2625 on: August 26, 2011, 07:26:38 am »
good place to get contacts?;
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #2626 on: August 26, 2011, 08:23:59 am »

I finished Euphie. If I have time I may fix the bodice, I don't really like the fit. But that's only if I have time.
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2627 on: August 26, 2011, 08:32:54 am »
O man...I just saw the cosplay bingo contest and Wolfwood is on the list.  LOL  Does that mean I'm gonna get asked to have my pic taken a lot.  LOL 

Plus I decided to do wolfwood on day one and vash on day 2 and 3.  The advanced prop making is on Day 1 and I have a lot of questions and want to take my cross to that event.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:55:46 am by Drauska »

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2628 on: August 26, 2011, 09:44:16 am »
It's never fun when one petti coat isn't fluffy enough. Where did you get it from?
Oh, I'm building it into the skirt. I have some others for Lolita that I can put under if the one I'm making isn't sufficient. One is by Malco Modes, and the other little ones I have are from an online shop called Bodyline.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2629 on: August 26, 2011, 09:59:00 am »
haha, Barret is in the scavenger hunt! People gun' be lookin' for me. Hot dang, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2630 on: August 26, 2011, 10:28:15 am »
haha, Barret is in the scavenger hunt! People gun' be lookin' for me. Hot dang, lol

LOL yeah me too......  I gonna keep and eye out for your big belt.  ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2631 on: August 26, 2011, 10:39:16 am »
Yup, for anyone on the forums it'll be a dead giveaway...as will your gargantunormous cross punisher, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2632 on: August 26, 2011, 10:43:52 am »
Yup, for anyone on the forums it'll be a dead giveaway...as will your gargantunormous cross punisher, haha.

yeah...its pretty big.  over 5 feet tall and 3 feet wide.  I went big on this one.   ::)
Pulling all nighters all weekend.  I want everything done by sunday night cause I have to clean up my apartment for my Kcon group who are staying over.  Still unpacking everything.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:44:55 am by Drauska »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2633 on: August 26, 2011, 10:49:18 am »
Is your Kcon group staying with you the whole week building up to con? Wow, that's like a week long convention, haha

And I can't wait to see your cross. Looks killer so far. And if it ends up filled with guns...I will probably steal it, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #2634 on: August 26, 2011, 11:28:04 am »

My wig came so Saki is complete.. I have to use a scarf I dont want to use but oh well
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2635 on: August 26, 2011, 11:29:22 am »
Is your Kcon group staying with you the whole week building up to con? Wow, that's like a week long convention, haha

And I can't wait to see your cross. Looks killer so far. And if it ends up filled with guns...I will probably steal it, lol

I just have the machine gun barrel sticking out the bottom, but I will be carrying a single gun in the other hand.  
My group is coming on Thursday night.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2636 on: August 26, 2011, 11:34:16 am »
Your Saki looks great, jam! I think you do her really well. The wig looks very natural. I wouldn't have guessed it was had you not mentioned it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #2637 on: August 26, 2011, 11:36:19 am »
Your Saki looks great, jam! I think you do her really well. The wig looks very natural. I wouldn't have guessed it was had you not mentioned it.

Thank you :D I am glad the wig worked out so well I was stressing the length and color but once it was all together it worked
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2638 on: August 26, 2011, 11:37:59 am »
Now you just need to find a smiling naked guy waving a gun and cell phone and you'll be absolutely perfect, haha (kidding of course!)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #2639 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:48 am »
Smiling naked guys with guns are so hard to come by these days
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2640 on: August 26, 2011, 11:51:54 am »
Well, maybe if we get some Selecao phones and erase their memories, it will happen more frequently, lol (if that's even a good thing?).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #2641 on: August 26, 2011, 12:19:22 pm »

I finished Euphie. If I have time I may fix the bodice, I don't really like the fit. But that's only if I have time.

THAT IS SO AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL~!!! <3 <3 <3

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2642 on: August 26, 2011, 12:19:46 pm »
Contacts came yesterday! I'm scared to try them though xD
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2643 on: August 26, 2011, 12:35:29 pm »
Oh, I'm building it into the skirt. I have some others for Lolita that I can put under if the one I'm making isn't sufficient. One is by Malco Modes, and the other little ones I have are from an online shop called Bodyline.
Ah I see. Building it in would make the process a lot easier.

-Swoon~- Man oh man, you are one pretty Eupie. And the Costume looks so great! Well done. :D

Medusa contacts came in the mail today! And I plan on having the vest done by Saturday of this weekend. Except for the eyes on the hood because I left my heat and bond at a friends. >n>
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:36:37 pm by tofutakeout »
da/tumblr

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2644 on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:51 pm »
I believe that I have everything I'll need for Sailor Netpune (except for the two props I'll need for my skit) and Phoenix Wright (unless I wanted an Objection sign...).

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2645 on: August 26, 2011, 01:59:24 pm »

It is better to try them out now so you can get use to it. I had to practice wearing it everyday and keeping it on at least 5 hours to get use to the lens being in my eyes. I got used to it. :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2646 on: August 26, 2011, 02:03:29 pm »

It is better to try them out now so you can get use to it. I had to practice wearing it everyday and keeping it on at least 5 hours to get use to the lens being in my eyes. I got used to it. :)

Definitely!  If you're not familiar with how they feel, you'll definitely want to do this.  This can also be said of people who are used to contacts, but are trying out a new kind.  (Actually, I'm currently wearing a new pair, and I'm loving these!  Much better than my previous sample...).

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2647 on: August 26, 2011, 02:05:47 pm »
my resin isn't curiong properly =/ Though if I put paint over it it seems to be fine. It is just slightly sticky. So tomorrow I plan on doing the other side and they should be done. I may, MAY, do another coat (but I really don't like this kind of resin)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2648 on: August 26, 2011, 02:07:53 pm »
Do you suppose the heat is keeping the process from reacting properly? I've heard resin curing is a heat-related reaction, so maybe try keeping the area cool? I don't really know what I'm talking about though. Haven't done anything with resin myself yet.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2649 on: August 26, 2011, 02:10:56 pm »
its inside (which was a bad idea) and the room is at a 72. If I did it outside it would be 80+

The problem is the container doesn't say how many drops of catalyst you need per oz or resin.