Author Topic: NO POSTING CLOSE THIS TOPIC OR DELETE IT  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
NO POSTING CLOSE THIS TOPIC OR DELETE IT
« on: August 12, 2005, 11:52:42 pm »
CLOSED.

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 12:36:21 pm »
Well.....downloading episodes is ILLEGAL ^^...okay got it....downloading any anime even if their not lisecened...thats still illegal....and what your doing is giving out free episodes to people...which is very bad...dont do that.....you can get arrested or get a huge fine. Besides Naruto is being lisecned in september or october so I wouldnt do it...espically if someone found out ^^
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 02:30:36 pm »
Yes, were somebody at the convention find out about you having illegal files on your computer in your hotel room, and copying them to another computer then you would be in trouble.

I don't know how they would find out.
They couldn't come into your hotel room.
Only the hotel security or the cops can come into your room like that.
They may be asked to if a vendor hears about it, or a anime distributor hears about it, or a paranoid staffer hears about it.
Not that you'd do such a thing and let other people know.

What goes on in your hotel rooms should be advertised.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline gia

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Vice
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 03:26:12 pm »
See, yeah, your first mistake was in broadcasting the idea.

You could certainly get in trouble if you got caught...but it's very unlikely you'd get caught...except that you just went and made it pretty easy to catch you if someone wanted to =P
Editor-in-Chief, Anime Vice
http://animevice.com

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 08:18:07 pm »
Quote from: "MikaRin375"
Well.....downloading episodes is ILLEGAL ^^...okay got it....downloading any anime even if their not lisecened...thats still illegal....and what your doing is giving out free episodes to people...which is very bad...dont do that.....you can get arrested or get a huge fine. Besides Naruto is being lisecned in september or october so I wouldnt do it...espically if someone found out ^^

Naruto was liscensed awhile ago.

Its being aired starting September.

Yeah, when I bring my PC to events, I only copy files for close friends. Nobody else.

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 10:12:56 pm »
I heard that only the 1st 60 episodes were licensed.

Plus look at the 1st post i closed it on my own....SO STOP POSTING

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 01:33:17 am »
im stingy!

when i download files NO ONE GETS THEM BUT ME!

if they want it they can go get it themselvs! :twisted:

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 02:09:19 am »
no one reads titles in this place

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 03:24:24 am »
Quote from: "Kyuubi"
no one reads titles in this place

Thats because you have no right whether to dictate what is closed and what is not.

You started this topic, when you could have easily PMed someone in charge about it.

Don't try to place the blame on others now, if they want to post their opinion in it.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 03:30:34 am »
Wait, whats going on? Something about illegal downloading or something and being closed? *so confused*  :?

What anime fans don't have illegal copies? Oh, and if they r not owned by a company or somwthing like that in America and you copy it, it's not illegal. The Japanese have differnt codes and stuff. It depened on the circumstance.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 06:38:08 am »
if u want to download things talk to me at the con or meeting i can give u good tips on where to look! and what to look for...

but im not saying that i will im just saying i MIGHT cuz you know i just might not be in the mood for sharing my source of anime love monkeys

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline gia

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Vice
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 09:49:07 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
Wait, whats going on? Something about illegal downloading or something and being closed? *so confused*  :?

What anime fans don't have illegal copies? Oh, and if they r not owned by a company or somwthing like that in America and you copy it, it's not illegal. The Japanese have differnt codes and stuff. It depened on the circumstance.

This isn't really about having illegal copies-- I'm sure most of us do.  This is about broadcasting that fact.

As for whether it's illegal or not, it's really up for debate.  If I recall correctly (and let me know if I'm wrong), in America it is illegal to distribute copyrighted material with a few exceptions, such a fair use (which only allows the use of a very small chunk).  Since America is where many (most?) of us are downloading the episodes, it is technically illegal.

However, the Japanese companies are the aggrieved parties, and it may not be illegal to them, so they don't come after us.

And even if it IS illegal to them (I'm not really sure), they aren't likely to go after fansubbers because it helps them-- and the American companies that license, too.

The downloading of fansubs allows them to know in advance how popular a series would be in America.  It's how they know what to license for TV, what to license for DVD release, etc.  Many people who download(ed) episodes will still buy merchandise, even still buy the DVDs if they're the type who wants to support the anime industry.  So the industry mostly leaves fansubbers alone.

But that doesn't technically make it legal. ;)

/rant

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 05:02:07 pm »
Hmmm...you want this topic closed ehh. Why? Do you still plan on sharing files of naruto but dont want anyone else to find out? That's why you want this deleted or closed.
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^

Offline gia

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Vice
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 06:10:10 pm »
Quote from: "MikaRin375"
Hmmm...you want this topic closed ehh. Why? Do you still plan on sharing files of naruto but dont want anyone else to find out? That's why you want this deleted or closed.

More like, they're probably embarassed because people keep harping about it.

I mean, it's one thing to discuss the topic, but it's another to post for the express purpose of embarassing someone, ne c'est pas?