Author Topic: Nerf Guns as Projectile Weapons  (Read 1201 times)

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
Nerf Guns as Projectile Weapons
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:26:07 pm »
Is there any way to easily break a Nerf gun so that it's no longer a "functional projectile weapon", and would this be allowed? Having trouble finding a good revolver (All the toy cap guns are way too small...), but theres a Nerf gun that looks pretty damn close...

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: Nerf Guns as Projectile Weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:30:34 pm »
Get rid of the trigger, take out a few screws and crack it open to pull out the innards, cap the front of it, paint it a very garish bright green?

I've been disallowed from having a formerly-functioning projectile weapon at con before, so I think it might be that if it ever fired anything ever it isn't allowed. Don't quote me on that though.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:31:21 pm »
Fill the barrel with glue or something, so it's plugged.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:41:55 am »
Get rid of the trigger, take out a few screws and crack it open to pull out the innards, cap the front of it, paint it a very garish bright green?

I've been disallowed from having a formerly-functioning projectile weapon at con before, so I think it might be that if it ever fired anything ever it isn't allowed. Don't quote me on that though.

oooo, A wonderfully easy solution!

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 10:45:35 pm »
I think i know which nerf gun you're talking about, and i had that same one as a prop for my cosplay last year. The easiest thing to do is open it up, remove the hammer and revolver barrel, which makes the gun clearly unusable.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 09:19:39 pm »
You can have guns that were usable here, but are no longer.  This has to be CLEARLY see able however.  Like stated, take out the triger/ammo holder and possibly close of the end.  I don't think the barrel matters to much, but if it has any large moving parts you may want to remove it to not grab attention.  Hopefully you can do this without breaking the item permanently, just enough taken apart that you could no way fix it on the spot to start unloading on people.